+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UI Issues: Giving Pause

UI Issues: Giving Pause

One thing I'd love to have in Vicky, and HoI and EU# and etc, is a 'Pause Game on x/x/xx' date so the game stops when I have a plan do do something. It could even have a little reminder note.

Going further, it would be nice if I could have a check box for other things to 'alert' for, like out of range commodites etc etc.

But mainly just a simple date (or HoI, date and time) to alert/pause.

The problem is that in a RTS you can be distracted by game play or events in your environment and the game merrily goes past the date you intended to do some important thing. Could be move that fleet or go walk the dog.

But it's just a nice thoughtful feature to have. For that matter it could also alert by system date so that you can go get food and eat thus not missing your insulin for the type II diabeties you acquired sitting playing games all day.

Major
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2

I like the idea. I always forget to do something until months after I meant to. Also it's good if you know that there is going to be absolutely nothing going on until XXX date so you can go get a drink or something while it runs.

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IISengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

+ 1

I ask for this feature since HoI2D, but not with much luck.

Hmm... Good idea would help alot.

I have a UI suggestion too:
    Consider laptops when you assign the keys for e.g. increasing or decreasing the game speed.
    Very few of us realise with conviction the intensely unusual, unstable, complicated, unreliable, temporary nature of the economic organisation by which Western Europe has lived for the last half century. We assume some of the most peculiar and temporary of our late advantages as natural, permanent, and to be depended on, and we lay our plans accordingly. On this sandy and false foundation we scheme for social improvement and dress our political platforms, pursue our animosities and particular ambitions, and feel ourselves with enough margin in hand to foster, not assuage, civil conflict in the European family. Moved by insane delusion and reckless self-regard, the German people overturned the foundations on which we all lived and built.
    John M. Keynes, 1919

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Yeah .. good idea

Most PI games have so many things going on that it cn be hard to remember something specific.

F.x. in CK(2) it would be awesome if I could flag the 16th birthday of the king's daughter that I want to marry to my son ... and I am sure that in all the other games there are loads of things you forget in the heat of the moment.
    I love my copy of CK so much, I am thinking of marrying it

New Paradox games icons ... get some new cool game icons for your PI games. (of course now updated with CKII icon )

+ Reply to Thread