• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

henryjai

Field Marshal
28 Badges
Dec 22, 2005
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Darkest Hour
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
I realised that in Victoria 1 that a country had only one literacy value, applying to every single pop of the country.

Literacy affects RP generation and production efficiency, OK, it's all fine in research as it only depends on your national pops.

But, in terms of production it just totally don't make any sense at all, why should those pops you conquer from a low-literacy country to be of the same literacy and thus have high production though they don't know a single word before you conquered them.

I suggest that in Victoria 2 that there should be separate literacy value for different pops.

It might sound too much details and would lag the game much, but so far I know that you won't have pop splitting so ... it's not actually adding much.

I also think that this system would make auto pop promotion making more sense, I would think that highly literate craftsman would be more likely to be "promoted" to clerks, while highly literate clerks is more likely to be "promoted" to capitalists. Same for aristocrats, they might one day think that it would be better to start a business...

I suggest that in Victoria 2 that there should be separate literacy value for different pops.
Sounds like a very good idea to me. Each POP should simply have a literacy value in addition to its con and mil values.