+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion about literacy/pop promotion

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Suggestion about literacy/pop promotion

I realised that in Victoria 1 that a country had only one literacy value, applying to every single pop of the country.

Literacy affects RP generation and production efficiency, OK, it's all fine in research as it only depends on your national pops.

But, in terms of production it just totally don't make any sense at all, why should those pops you conquer from a low-literacy country to be of the same literacy and thus have high production though they don't know a single word before you conquered them.

I suggest that in Victoria 2 that there should be separate literacy value for different pops.

It might sound too much details and would lag the game much, but so far I know that you won't have pop splitting so ... it's not actually adding much.

I also think that this system would make auto pop promotion making more sense, I would think that highly literate craftsman would be more likely to be "promoted" to clerks, while highly literate clerks is more likely to be "promoted" to capitalists. Same for aristocrats, they might one day think that it would be better to start a business...
    AAR: A Revolutionary France! ----Complete

its already in i think

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by henryjai View Post
    I suggest that in Victoria 2 that there should be separate literacy value for different pops.
    Sounds like a very good idea to me. Each POP should simply have a literacy value in addition to its con and mil values.
    “You see, señorita, mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where.” - Cortez, The Longest Journey

Fangathering Mainstay Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

This has already been confirmed.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post

thx everyone for info.
    AAR: A Revolutionary France! ----Complete

+ Reply to Thread