• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, only you would know the answer. Who owns the transportation networks in-game?

Moreover, it's not like transportation inefficiencies mean that someone must be recieving the lost profits, it simply means the profits are never made in the first place. So yes, it could be a black sinkhole without breaking anything about the game other than a commitment to make sure the finances are completely circular.

That said, I find the idea of tracking every d. very interesting and am looking forward to seeing it in action once the game comes out. Esp. since OH thinks there will be a 'buy-domestic-first' mechanism and that blocades really could be implemented; that covers most of what I wanted out of the new economy.

Buy domestic first is in Victroia 1 and the Economic system is similar. So that is not changing.

Just think about it this way, with a world market we need to keep track of what is being sold on the market, and from where so the right people can get paid, and who buys it so the right people spend the money.

So you can still play as Germany and buy wheat from France during WWI. Your POPs can buy French food on the WM. No Blockades, no Embargos, no leverage on Trade. I believe that was a major shortcoming of Vic1. Please address that function. Please...

What if resources could be tracked?
IE: You have 50 units of steel in the world market, out of them 30 are Prussian, 8 are British, 3 are French etc....
Could be displayed by hovering your mouse over the resource icon.

Pros:
*This way you could realistically simulate embargoes.

Cons:
*Would probably need allot of computation power.
*Could be confusing for new players.

So you can still play as Germany and buy wheat from France during WWI. Your POPs can buy French food on the WM. No Blockades, no Embargos, no leverage on Trade. I believe that was a major shortcoming of Vic1. Please address that function. Please...
But, you could historically buy French food in Germany during WWI. The French didn't cut off their borders from the rest of the universe, neither did Germany. The two nations obviously didn't trade with one another, but they did trade with other countries. A Swiss company could certainly buy French cheese and sell it on to Germany - or vice-versa, buy German beer and sell it on to the French. It was, essentially, impossible to cut off trade with another country at this time, as long as there was a neutral "middleman" country out there. The reason why Germany suffered such huge economic problems, and approached the brink of starvation was different - it was because, with so many men on both sides of the front sitting out in the fields with guns instead of... well, sitting out in the fields with plows, there was a significant drop in food production. On top of that, trading through middlemen was obviously more expensive, so food prices went up everywhere.

The obvious exception to this is naval trade - a country that trades primarily across the seas (or, in the case of Great Britain, exclusively across the seas) was susceptible to a naval blockade. I don't know if there's any plans for this to be simulated in the game (I sure hope so, but...), what I do know is that this doesn't require multiple markets or anything like that. Some kind of trade efficiency thingy could be used to solve this.

Loved Vicky1 and so I was ecstatic to just find out a Vicky2 was in the making but I do have concerns about the world market only that in Vicky1 it had acted like a clearing house without any regards to POPs/factories/etc demand. Goods should only be bought if there's a willing buyer, and so my question is will it be like the Vicky1 (V.I.P. edition) where one could solely produce hulls, steamers, steel, luxury items and regular clothes without ever having to take the desires of the world economy into account to acquire profits?

Also, will money supply play any role? Could one country abide by a gold standard slowing credit growth (less money for capitalists) and another country do away with such limitations and create much more credit (more money for capitalists) but have to worry about creating credit booms/busts, inflation and all the rest? I think money supply is most important thing to deal with in the real world economy given the recent credit boom and bust, and it would be really cool to somehow encapsulate that in this simulation. Probably way too much to deal with, I'm sure, but it would be cool if every country had its own monetary unit and had to weigh decisions affecting monetary policy as well as fiscal.

Last edited:
We are currently removing all artifical props out of the world market.

I don't know that this means, but I'm for it anyway.

;)

I don't know that this means, but I'm for it anyway.

;)

I think it means the world market buying things that no one is demanding and sending it to outer space.

are we going to get sub markets implemented ?

ie, in history market access was a main reason for engaging in wars in imperial age. colonies were being acquired to market goods. britain owes a lot of its rapid industrialization to having india as market, because trade and economics in 19th century was not as liberal as today. basically a colony or dominion could only trade with its parent. you couldnt just market any product anywhere.

will there be implementations to simulate this ?

ie, each country will be considered a market, and opening up of a market will be dependent on trade deals in between those 2 countries ?

this could also lead to separate prices for each market (country), and therefore be more realistic since some markets were more desirable than others at all times, and with entrants the value of market (due to lessening profits) declined.

How about modelling the actions of businesses and financial institutions?