• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are free to set your enddate now the way you want it.
must not necessarily always end 64

We end our teams in 1970, if they wen't beyond 1964 (unless they died somewhere inbetween, we can end them then), but we don't start teams after 1964.

Not to be rude, but a Skill 2 for an Air Force that at it's largest consisted of 2 planes!:D
Yes but skill 1 means that they will go nowhere. The skill should be seen in perspective on the whole timespan till 1970

I suggest lowering it to skill one, and adding Aeronautics. I also think this TT Kyzyl Airport is rather odd. Since I have found this actual TT, I think the Airport should be romoved. Airports usually do not sponsor Aircraft construction on their own, this one certainly didn't.
Ok on the skill and on the speciality. Because of that I would leave the Airport (it's represent the facilities and for this level of skill it should be fine)

Also still waiting for you to do the changes to the Middle Eastern TT's...
Which ones?

Before I make this post I would like to give a very big Thank You to Frech of the Axis History Forums. He has spent his personal time looking up the information below, and without his help I doubt any of this I could have done alone. He has registered on the Paradox Forums, and hopefully will make a personl appearence here. Until then I ask that you check out his personal website: www.frech.co.at :)

Austria:

T_AUS_Paul_Lube.bmp

Name: Paul Lube
Skill: 5
Specialties: Centralized Execution, Piloting, Aircraft Testing and Fighter Tactics
Years Active: 1945-1970
Notes: Served as Oberst dG in 1956, became Major General in 1958 and full General in 1971. Holder of the German Cross in Gold he was Commander in Chief of the Air force from 1957 until 1971.

c9a87f6a4bc2bc23deffc5f2b0687.bmp

Name: August Fischer-See
Skill: 4
Specialties: Decentralized Execution, Piloting, Aircraft Testing and Bomber Tactics
Notes: He was a pilot in the Bundesheer before 1938, and was a general staff officer in the Luftwaffe (German Cross in Gold). He would have been with the new air force in 1955. In 1956 Was Oberst dG, in 1964 was promoted to Brigadier.

bf9b5e7f7369d96938eae2a5e6a08.bmp

Name: Erwin Fussenegger
Skill: 5
Specialties: Training, Centralized Execution, Infantry Focus and Small Unit Tactics
Notes:

T_AUS_Werner_Vogl .bmp

Name: Werner Vogl
Skill: 4
Specialties: Training, Decentralized Execution, Combined Arms Focus and Small Unit Tactics
Notes: Was one of the very first Gruppenkommandanten (Corps commanders) of the Bundesheer in 1956. Was an Oberst dG in 1956, promoted to Major General in 1958, and full General in 1964.

Note: I had asked Frech what he thought about the Start Dates, (I had explained the situation to him) and he said that it would fine that they all started in 1945. Before the refounding of the Bundesheer in 1955, they had all served in the B-Gendarmerie, which was the de-facto army of Austria since 1945.

In my opinion these teams fill a large gap, as we know how hard it has been to find post-war leaders for many nations. Because of this I can now recommend moveing the end dates of Hubicki and Jansa back to 1945. I also now think that we should scrap the Army/Airforce teams, as I had understood it they were only a temporary measure until actual people were found.

In the file I have their pictures, and also Jansa's new picture, and have the renamed Pictures for Luxembourg (ARBED and William Kroll).

http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/10077504/7752cdf1/AUSTT2.rar.html

done

Here you go, these are my tech teams for:

Tannu Tuva
Mongolia
Guanxi Clique
Yunnan
Sinkian
Xibei San Ma
Manchukuo
Portugal

It brings all of these up to at least 5 teams for the whole period

It adds 23 teams in total

The teams are coded and the pictures have been reformatted and tested, all teams and pictures work in the game.

http://www.2shared.com/file/10092596/423f486/Corvuz_New.html

(If you have added any new teams to these nations since Thursday evening such as the Tuvan Airforce you might need to combine my file with your new files)

IIRC, AoD ends on 1964 - when Park's first term begin.
IIRC, Even Austria has nukeTT, Erwin Schroedinger. why not Korea?

South Korea need computer/cryptography techteam. But this is not really important issue since there is (almost-generic)University team anyway... So I'll stand correct.
Sorry, i decided to computer/cryptography TT as Seoul Univ.
Nuke team, Choi Kyunam;3;1930;1959;, Korea Atomic Research Institute;4;1959;1964;, will replace Seoul Univ.

Then his deathdate should move to 1946. After independence he was devout anti-communist politician rather then army commander.
talking like that, there's NO MAN LEFT FOR KOREA AFTER 15th, AUGUST 1945.
like these men.
Jang Junha(one of officer at KLA, be a politican after indefendence),
Park Chunghee(officer of Manchuko, fraktsiya of S.Joseon Labour Party, General of ROK Army, President of Korea),
Paik Sunyup(officer of Manchuko, comeback after independence, first cheif commander of Korean Army, be Minister of Transport after Korean War),
Hong Saik(first Korean general of Japan Army, died after fell of japan by GHQ),
and Yi Wu(Prince of Korean Empire, officer of Japan, died in Hiroshima, 7th, August 1945 by USA).
in other word, AoD will have more rooom for alternate historical thing.

This is issue, but by same logic DFR or even Iceland could have Carrier doctrine team.
DFR, yes. ICE, no. they are not strong enough then to now.

AoD ends on 1964, IIRC.
but we can't free from real world.

And Shinuiju Air Corps was effectively dissolved in 1946. Lee hwal's japanese army career isn't real issue in here, since we are dealing with korea after independence from japan.
You're right about this prob. i agree.

We all think that Korea should have a nuke team. Just nor from the beginning.
And it seems that your are not a chemist, otherwise you would not ask what is the relation between Schrödinger and nuclear physics...
Not to mention that the International Atomic Energy Agency is in Vienna (no they don't have Nuclear ambitions, and nuclear plants are actually banned from Aus at the moment, but they have a tradition at that period)

you are free to set your enddate now the way you want it.
must not necessarily always end 64
That might be a nice feature, but one that we cannot take into account at the moment. First, we do not know the techs in the post 45 era (hopefully there will be some more).
I suggest focusing on the 36-45 or to the 36-56 period.
Extension could be done, but after the release, when we see everything.

Because Erwin Schrödinger is deserve to be techteam. Actually, as now he is tremendously downgraded...

Erwin Schrödinger

Sorry, i decided to computer/cryptography TT as Seoul Univ.
Nuke team, Choi Kyunam;3;1930;1959;, Korea Atomic Research Institute;4;1959;1964;, will replace Seoul Univ.

Strange... You don't have to sorry, but you can only decide for yourself, not for everyone. Anyway i have no objection to this suggestion.

talking like that, there's NO MAN LEFT FOR KOREA AFTER 15th, AUGUST 1945.
like these men.
Jang Junha(one of officer at KLA, be a politican after indefendence),
Park Chunghee(officer of Manchuko, fraktsiya of S.Joseon Labour Party, General of ROK Army, President of Korea),
Paik Sunyup(officer of Manchuko, comeback after independence, first cheif commander of Korean Army, be Minister of Transport after Korean War),
Hong Saik(first Korean general of Japan Army, died after fell of japan by GHQ),
and Yi Wu(Prince of Korean Empire, officer of Japan, died in Hiroshima, 7th, August 1945 by USA).
in other word, AoD will have more rooom for alternate historical thing.

Jang Jun-ha himself never commanded any significant military force, and Park Chung-hee was intelligence officer - far from front.

But Paik Sun-yup was division commander from 1949, corps commander from 1951, and Chief staff of ROK Army from 1952 - he gained his first and last cabinet post in 1969. And Hong Sa-ik or Prince Yi Wu is out of question, since they died even before independence.

DFR, yes. ICE, no. they are not strong enough then to now.

ROK Navy didn't have a Destroyer ship until 1963 so no, i don't think ICE nor KOR should have any carrier/large taskforce doctrine team. I have no idea on DFR through.

but we can't free from real world.

I don't understand your meaning. Both missiles were developed after Soviet Union began Perestroika, forcing DPRK into even more isolation.

Tannu Tuva
Mongolia
Guanxi Clique
Yunnan
Sinkian
Xibei San Ma
Manchukuo
Portugal

The teams are coded and the pictures have been reformatted and tested, all teams and pictures work in the game.

(If you have added any new teams to these nations since Thursday evening such as the Tuvan Airforce you might need to combine my file with your new files)

added to the pack

And Hong Sa-ik or Prince Yi Wu is out of question, since they died even before independence.
Then set their death date before independence. Even countries not existing in the 1936-45 period should have teams for that period.

ROK Navy didn't have a Destroyer ship until 1963 so no, i don't think ICE nor KOR should have any carrier/large taskforce doctrine team. I have no idea on DFR through.
This is something I had to comment. Doctrines should not be based on what a country had actually achieved, but what they aimed at.
It becomes rather monotonous that each partisan is represented as small unit, individual courage, decentralized. It should not be the case.

For example, Hungary aimed at mobile warfare, and thus have combined arms. However it never had the means of actually doing much combined arms fight, but the doctrines were there.
Prewar (pre 39 or so) individual courage was a real doctrinal aim, as they wanted to make up in morale that was lacking in equipment.
In cold war era centralized execution meant that officers were trained to obey orders and never think.

Yes but skill 1 means that they will go nowhere. The skill should be seen in perspective on the whole timespan till 1970
They probably will go nowhere... Other teams are a skill of One, and rightly so. We gave the Yemen AirForce a sill one, and it consisted of dozens of planes, yet Tuva had 2 planes intended to provide recon for theit 1500 man cavalry squadron, and you think it deserves two? I am not trying to sound, rude, but I do not see your logic.

Ok on the skill and on the speciality. Because of that I would leave the Airport (it's represent the facilities and for this level of skill it should be fine)
If you leave the Airport you should take away Aircraft Testing and Management.

Sure, people managed the airport. People managed the Kyzyl Arsenal aswell, me better give that Management too. And the Tuvan Mines, that was managed... Pretty much all teams could deserve management. But there are no Air techs that use this specialty, it will only be used to research things that it was not intended for.

Aircraft Testing, show me some documents that proves that the Kyzyl Airport tested any planes. Just because it is an airport does not mean that it deserves this. Airports merely store and refuel planes, embark passengers and assist in the arrival and departure of flights. They do not test planes. That is an individual pilot, an Airforce, and in some cases can be given to an aeroplane manufacturer.

So all it would have left is Aeronautics. It starts in 1952.

Which ones?

The changes you agreed to. Saudi Air Force is given Skill 1 and Fighter Tactics are taken away. Fighter Tactics are also taken away from the Yemen Air Force.

Iraqi Air Force is also given Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Fighter Tactics, Bomber Tactics and Mechanics. (One of them it didn't have before).

Thankyou, however, Werner Vogl should have Small Unit Tactics, not Large unit tactics. The Mechanized components of the Austrian Army at that time were not operating as a single large unit, but as smaller brigades and Regiments. Yes, both Fussenegger and Vogl will both have the same trait, but they both deserve it, and it is realistic because the Austrian Army did not operate large single units.

You can now move back the end dates of Jansa and Hubicki to 1945. We had extended them to 1955, just to cover until the Army/Airforce teams started.

I would also still think both the Luftstreitkräfte and the Bundesheer should now be removed. I would like to discuss this out, since I feel that you think they should stay in.

Tannu Tuva
Mongolia
Guanxi Clique
Yunnan
Sinkian
Xibei San Ma
Manchukuo
Portugal

No offense, but I think changes should also always be put in public. This way we can best discuss and tweak them. That the Korean teams for example: If we had just dropped them in we would have never discovered the many flaws that they have. I am not saying you made undeserving teams, but I still think changes should be put where everyone can see and discuss them. Don't be afraid of the large size a post like this may be, we have many posts, and many of them are large.

How come the new CGX tech teams all have skill levels of mainly 1, and at most 2? I saw countries like Palestine and Serbia with teams of at least skill level 4... I mean...I guess CGX is behind in terms of tech, but I think at least 2 or maybe 3s are more reasonable?

Last edited:
How come the new CGX tech teams all have skill levels of mainly 1, and at most 2? I saw countries like Palestine and Serbia with teams of at least skill level 4... I mean...I guess CGX is behind in terms of tech, but I think at least 2 or maybe 3s are more reasonable?

Guangxi Clique represents a warlord state, in an extremely corrupt, violent, poor, and may I say it with no offense intended, backwards part of the world (at the time).

Serbia represents an established nation, not a region of basic anarchy. Thus everything would be more efficient. There are also balancing reasons. We cannot give Guangxi Clique level 3 or 4 teams or it will research stuff as fast as the RoC. IRL I doubt this warlord state did any research at all, the people in power there were mainly concerned with holding their power as opposed to furthering the intellectual development and status of their nation.

If you feel like it you are welcome to suggest teams, using the proper format:

(image)
Name: John Doe
Skill: 10
Specialties: Mathmatics
Years Active: 1930-1944
Notes: John Doe was the most influential person in the world regarding mathamtics. He won 5 Universal Math Person of the Year awards in a row from 1939-1944. Every country voted unanimously for him. Because of him we can now do math. He died of a heart attack in 1944. He deserves a skill 10 because his nation is a superpower and he invented mathmatics.

The above is just a BS story but it illustrates how you should suggest things.

Last edited:
Because Erwin Schrödinger is deserve to be techteam. Actually, as now he is tremendously downgraded...

I thought I suggested somewehre Schrödinger should be a Skill 8 but I think that was voted down...

DFR's navy was mainly a for self defense.

The logic behind this isn't "Let's give Korea Carrier Tactics and Nuclear Physics so It will be Equal to Austria and Iceland", but "Let's give Korea Carrier Tactics because their navy was devoted towards this path, and because they designed many carriers. We will give them Nuclear Physics because (insert some Korean name here) did alot of work on this subject and developed several interesting theories about the issue".

We are not giving TT's skills and traits to make them equal, we give them skills and traits because A) They have proof to show they deserve it, and B) It does not throw the Game balance out of whack.

I'll agree, 1 is too low for Guangxi, maybe 2 average.

They probably will go nowhere... Other teams are a skill of One, and rightly so. We gave the Yemen AirForce a sill one, and it consisted of dozens of planes, yet Tuva had 2 planes intended to provide recon for theit 1500 man cavalry squadron, and you think it deserves two? I am not trying to sound, rude, but I do not see your logic.

the logic is that this TT starts much later

If you leave the Airport you should take away Aircraft Testing and Management.
So all it would have left is Aeronautics. It starts in 1952.

ok

The changes you agreed to. Saudi Air Force is given Skill 1 and Fighter Tactics are taken away. Fighter Tactics are also taken away from the Yemen Air Force.

it was already done. please check the pack

Thankyou, however, Werner Vogl should have Small Unit Tactics, not Large unit tactics. The Mechanized components of the Austrian Army at that time were not operating as a single large unit, but as smaller brigades and Regiments. Yes, both Fussenegger and Vogl will both have the same trait, but they both deserve it, and it is realistic because the Austrian Army did not operate large single units.

You can now move back the end dates of Jansa and Hubicki to 1945. We had extended them to 1955, just to cover until the Army/Airforce teams started.

done

I would also still think both the Luftstreitkräfte and the Bundesheer should now be removed. I would like to discuss this out, since I feel that you think they should stay in.

out of the discussion for the time being

No offense, but I think changes should also always be put in public. This way we can best discuss and tweak them. That the Korean teams for example: If we had just dropped them in we would have never discovered the many flaws that they have. I am not saying you made undeserving teams, but I still think changes should be put where everyone can see and discuss them. Don't be afraid of the large size a post like this may be, we have many posts, and many of them are large.

in the change long you can see them

I've downloaded the beta TT pack and tried it out on a vanilla installation of HoI2 running a 'handsoff' game (as Switzerland) trying to see how the Major Nations used the new teams. I've only looked at the Countries on the 1st Jan between 1936-42 so this is a snapshot not a step by step account. These are the result and my observations:

(note: no change means the AI is using vanilla teams to research)

1/1/1936

UK using ICI to research Agrichemistry
FRA no change
ITA using Terni to research Rear Area Supply Dumps
GER using Telefunken to research Basic Computing Machine
SOV no change
N/CHI no change
JAP using Kenichi Fukui to research Agrichemistry
USA using US Army Ordance Corps and Detroit Arsenal Tank to researech Early Infantry Div and Tankette, respectively.

1/1/37

UK no change
FRA using Compagnie De Machine to research Basic Encryption Devises
ITA using Agip to research Impr. Machine Tools
GER using Daimler Benz & Telefunken to research Basic Light Tank & Impr. Computing Machine, respectively
SOV using Trans-Siberian Railway to research Agricultural Production
N/CHI using Nat' Tsing Hua Uni to research Gt War Medium Field Art
JAP using Shiokawa Shinsuka to research Impr. Computing Machine
USA using US Army Ordance Corp to research Basic Cavalry Div.

1/1/38

UK using BRC&w to research Adv Light Tank
FR using Manufacture d'armes d' to research Basic Motor Infantry
ITA using Ugo Tiberio to research Impr. Computing Machine
GER using Daimler Benz & C G Haenel to research Impr. Light Tank and Basic Motor Inf Div, resepctively
SOV no change
N/CHI using Nat Tsing Hua Uni to research Gt War Hvy Field Art
JAP using Kenidu Fukui and Yokosuka Naval Arsenal to research Production Planning and Basic Fighter, respectively.
USA using M.I.T. to research Impr. Computing Machine

1/1/39

UK using BRC&w to research Basic Med. Tank
FRA using Chanties de la Med' and Compagnie ded Machine to research Super Hvy Battleship (!) and Impr. Encryption Devises, respetively
ITA using Reggiane to research Early Tank Destroyer
GER using Daimler Benz to research Basic Med. Tank
SOV no change
N/CHi using Nat Tsing Hua Uni to research Impr. Computing Machine
JAP using Yokosuka Naval Arsenal to research Impr. Hvy Crusier
USA no change

1/1/40

UK no change
FRA no change
ITA using Reggiane to research Basic AT artillery
GER no change
SOV using Vozdushno Desantyne to research Hunter-Killer Grp Doctrine
N/CHI using Nat. Tsing Hua Uni. to research Basic Encryption Devises
JAP using Takakazu Kinashi to research Un-Restriced Sub. Warfare
USA using M.I.T. to research Faculty of Nuclear Research

1/1/1941

UK using Archibald Wavell and Barnes Wallace to research Pre-Planned Def. Doctrine & Impr. Decryption Devises, respectively
FRA no change
ITA no change
GER no change
SOV using Trans-Siberian Railway to research Aircraft Assembly Line
N/CHI using Nat Tsing Hua Uni. to research Adv. Computing Machine
JAP no change
USA using M.I.T. to research Basic Electronic Computers

1/1/1942

UK using Yarrow & Co. to research Adv. Destroyer
FRA no change
ITA using Agip to research Basic Synthetic Oil Plant
GER using Heinsoeth & Rinke and Telefunken to research Adv. Encryption Devises and Impr. Decimetric Radar, respectively
SOV using Trans-Siberian Railway to research Small Arms Assembly Line
N/CHI - no change
JAP - no change
USA using M.I.T. to research Impr. Hvy Tank

Observations: the overall tech level appears to be a little higher as the AI does take advantage of strong new TT to slightly speed up research, examples would be Reggiane being good for AFV's and aircraft but overall (taking into account that these new TT will not fit in with the original vanilla HoI2 but with a different AoD developement) I think these TT add a new and valuable experience to the game. Saw nothing that would be game-breaking in my test.

Last edited:
I've downloaded the beta TT pack and tried it out on a vanilla installation of HoI2 running a 'handsoff' game (as Switzerland) trying to see how the Major Nations used the new teams. I've only looked at the Countries on the 1st Jan between 1936-42 so this is a snapshot not a step by step account. These are the result and my observations:

(note: no change means the AI is using vanilla teams to research)

1/1/1936

UK using ICI to research Agrichemistry
FRA no change
ITA using Terni to research Rear Area Supply Dumps
GER using Telefunken to research Basic Computing Machine
SOV no change
N/CHI no change
JAP using Kenichi Fukui to research Agrichemistry
USA using US Army Ordance Corps and Detroit Arsenal Tank to researech Early Infantry Div and Tankette, respectively.

1/1/37

UK no change
FRA using Compagnie De Machine
ITA using Agip
GER using Daimler Benz & Telefunken
SOV using Trans-Siberian Railway
N/CHI using Nat' Tsing Hua Uni
JAP using Shiokawa Shinsuka
USA using US Army Ordance Corp

1/1/38

UK using BRC&w to research Adv Light Tank
FR using Manufacture d'armes d' to research Basic Motor Infantry
ITA using Ugo Tiberio to research Impr. Computing Machine
GER using Daimler Benz & C G Haenel to research Impr. Light Tank and Basic Motor Inf Div, resepctively
SOV no change
N/CHI using Nat Tsing Hua Uni to research Gt War Hvy Field Art
JAP using Kenidu Fukui and Yokosuka Naval Arsenal to research Production Planning and Basic Fighter, respectively.
USA using M.I.T. to research Impr. Computing Machine

1/1/39

UK using BRC&w to research Basic Med. Tank
FRA using Chanties de la Med' and Compagnie ded Machine to research Super Hvy Battleship (!) and Impr. Encryption Devises, respetively
ITA using Reggiane to research Early Tank Destroyer
GER using Daimler Benz to research Basic Med. Tank
SOV no change
N/CHi using Nat Tsing Hua Uni to research Impr. Computing Machine
JAP using Yokosuka Naval Arsenal to research Impr. Hvy Crusier
USA no change

1/1/40

UK no change
FRA no change
ITA using Reggiane to research Basic AT artillery
GER no change
SOV using Vozdushno Desantyne to research Hunter-Killer Grp Doctrine
N/CHI using Nat. Tsing Hua Uni. to research Basic Encryption Devises
JAP using Takakazu Kinashi to research Un-Restriced Sub. Warfare
USA using M.I.T. to research Faculty of Nuclear Research

1/1/1941

UK using Archibald Wavell and Barnes Wallace to research Pre-Planned Def. Doctrine & Impr. Decryption Devises, respectively
FRA no change
ITA no change
GER no change
SOV using Trans-Siberian Railway to research Aircraft Assembly Line
N/CHI using Nat Tsing Hua Uni. to research Adv. Computing Machine
JAP no change
USA using M.I.T. to research Basic Electronic Computers

1/1/1942

UK using Yarrow & Co. to research Adv. Destroyer
FRA no change
ITA using Agip to research Basic Synthetic Oil Plant
GER using Heinsoeth & Rinke and Telefunken to research Adv. Encryption Devises and Impr. Decimetric Radar, respectively
SOV using Trans-Siberian Railway to research Small Arms Assembly Line
N/CHI - no change
JAP - no change
USA using M.I.T. to research Impr. Hvy Tank

Observations: the overall tech level appears to be a little higher as the AI does take advantage of strong new TT to slightly speed up research, examples would be Reggiane being good for AFV's and aircraft but overall (taking into account that these new TT will not fit in with the original vanilla HoI2 but with a different AoD developement) I think these TT add a new and valuable experience to the game. Saw nothing that would be game-breaking in my test.

thank you very much for your really good report!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.