• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only comment during the evening (European time), as I don't have a HoI2 Editor with me. Then I will. We are not in a hurry!

I can only comment during the evening (European time), as I don't have a HoI2 Editor with me. Then I will. We are not in a hurry!

Ok.

slovakia tt

All,

I need, please, your feedbacks on those proposals

Augustín Malár
Skill level 4
Starting year 1939 – 1959 end date or 1945 because he died that year but what if the Axis survives then what would we need such end date for?
augustnmalr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Infantry focus, large unit tactics and centralized execution.

ferdinandcatlodefensmin.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I have a picture of Ferdinand Čatloš the defence minister Slovakia during ww2. It’s slightly better than the one we have now maybe we replace the old one.

Augustín Malár
Skill level 4
Starting year 1939 – 1959 end date or 1945 because he died that year but what if the Axis survives then what would we need such end date for?
augustnmalr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ferdinandcatlodefensmin.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I have a picture of Ferdinand Čatloš the defence minister Slovakia during ww2. It’s slightly better than the one we have now maybe we replace the old one.

Regarding Augustín Malár he died beacause of an insurrection vs the Germans. Please see here http://www.generals.dk/general/Malár/Augustin/Czechoslovakia.html.

To me the historical death date is senseless because it could have happened to everybody and it's just a matter of probability and time. Everybody should die and the cause could be an accident, a hearth attack, etc. I would stick, instead, to the retiring time.

I would like to see some thoughts on this as well as on the proposals and on the pic

YUG - Serbian TTs

Serbia
Milan Nedić
Skill level 5
Starting year 1941 - 1956
Infantry focus, large unit tactics, centralized execution and training.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan_Nedić#Serbia

Draža Mihailović
Skill level 6 1941 – 1970
Small unit’s tactics, decentralised exec, training, management and infantry focus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draža_Mihailović#Early_life
Having read their bio I think they should not included at the moment.
The political changes in Easter Europe - as discussed by Cegorah - while needs to be addressed, requires events and such, and it should not be our goal at the moment.
Nedic lead the collaborative government of Serbia. And should be included in the Serbia TT, where he could replace Belgrade Mil. Acad. as the doctrine team with Skill 4 and the above specialty.

Mihailović actually opposed the Partisans. He would had been a prominent military figure if Yug continued as a monarchy/democracy. He could not be a TT in communist Yug alongside Tito.
Again I suggest including him in Serbia with SKill 4 and Specialty Small unit’s tactics, decentralised exec, training and infantry focus

Last edited:
Slovakia

Augustín Malár
Skill level 4
I would actually swap Malár with Jan Golian. Malár lead the Fast Units for a while thus combined arms is fitting.

Jan Golian then could have Infantry focus, individual courage and centalized execution. Skill 4.

The picture is definitely better. The one in Hoi2 does not even comform Paradox standard...
As a TT he should have training.

C-K-D is just wrong for Slovakia. It was a CZE company. Slov need revision, and overhaul. Let me have some time to think it up, and look for some reference.

Alright it's taken me awhile, but I've come up with a few tech teams.

Vichy France:

038_Romatet.jpg

Name: Jean Romatet

Skill: 4

Traits: Decentralised Execution, Piloting, Aircraft Testing and Fighter Tactics

Years: 1936-1964

Romatet was a WWI Flying Ace with 7 victories, and was commander of the Vichy Airforce from beginning to end. He died in 1975. I think this is a better option then the plain old "Vichy Airforce/Armée de l'Air de Vichy" TT that I saw somewhere.

Nevertheless, a good picture for that if it is included would contain a picture that shows Both the Tricolor Cockade, but also the Armistace Stripes which were Red and Yellw, to distinguish the aircraft from Free French ones

Luxembourg:

chronik_foto_06.jpg

He is the one sitting on the Left. This is the best picture I could find, but it's not very military, and is after the war. If anyone has a better one I'd be grateful.

Name: Emile Speller

Skill: 3

Traits: Training, Decentralised Execution, Infantry Focus and Small Unit Tactics

Years: 1936-? English information is very scarce on this guy, so I'll need a Luxembourger or someone to help me here. The site I got the image from said something in German about 1981, is it possible he could have been alive that long?

He was the commander of the Luxembourger Army at the start of the war, and from what I can infer, was probably commanding the army at the start of the game, in 1936. His plan of defensive against the German invasion was to pull back from the borders and wage smaller skirmishes (the army was only 600 men strong), and to hold off the Germans long enough for any people who wanted to flee to reach Allied Lines. I'm thinking this is a better, more interesting TT then the "Luxembourg Armed Forces" option.

Austria:

I'm here thinking about naval teams. Sure, Austria lost it's sea going navy at the end of WWI, but it still retained many officers and men who would be around during the AOD timeframe. Any help would be excellent.

Sure, Austria dosen't have a coast, but it did have a River Squadron that patrolled the Danube.

Name: Schiffswerft Korneuburg a.k.a. Korneuburg Werft AG

Skill: 2

Traits: Naval Engineering, Naval Artillery, Electronics and Technical Efficiency

I wasn't able to find a picture, we might have to substitute a Generic one unless anyone can privde any help. Another option is an image of a ship from that shipyard or w/e.

I think the traits and skills the be realistic, it built warships, hence I gave it Naval Artillery. I think a skill 2 is accurate, it hadn't made major warships in some time, but if Austria obtains a coast and a navy it would be sufficient to make smaller ships like destroyers without trouble. And remember, the Battleship Szent Istvan was built in Hungary during WWI, and floated down the Danube, also dockyards can be enlarged.

georg01.jpg

I like the first better, but this one could work also:

1609_119411473328.jpg

Name: Georg von Trapp

Skill: 4 or 5, depends on what others think.

Traits: Centralised Execution, Naval Training, Seamanship, Small Taskforce Tactics and Submarine Tactics

Years: 1936-1947

Now before you instantly start to laugh and talk about how lame this is hear me out. This guy was a brilliant Submarine Commander in WWI, and if Austria had won the war, or had continued to have a coast he would have ended up an admiral to be sure. When the Nazi's occupied Austria they asked him to become a commander on the Kreigsmarine. You think if Austria aquired a coast again, and started to build a navy again they wouldn't have done the same? And most likely he would have said yes. I don't see it unreasonable at all to include this guy as an Austrian TT. He died of lung cancer in 1947 hence the end date.

There are other possibilities aswell. A Naval Ministry TT could be set up, for after Trapp dies or from the beginning.

Greece:

Do we have any Air or Naval Doctrine teams for this nation? I'd be willing to do research if there is nothing.

Also, there are some TT's that were given incorrect images by Paradox, incorrect as in pictures of someone else, have these been fixed or not.

Also, several teams have incorrect activation and end dates. Take Vichy for example, in Vanilla after the Allies land and Vichy collaborates, they lose all their doctrine teams EXCEPT FraNcois Darlan. This guy was acturally murdered in 1942 around the time of all the said event, yet he is the only one to survive? So the others need to be reasearched on, and fixed, and for Darlan, I suppose an event for his assasination, which occurs only regarding the invasion of Algeria. And other things: Messe of Italy only a skill 4, some teams just have wacked skills, that guys TT should be a 5)

I also have ideas for Russa (Russia not USSR), Ukraine, Bulgaria, Mongolia, Slovakia etc...etc... I just pooped out tonight.

So give some answers boys. When is the deadline for TTs?

Also, sorry about the images, someone will have to crop them, and give them the correct the colors of them (for the hell of me I forget that term used to describe the yellowing that old B&W photos get EDIT: Sepia Tone). I have no skills on this myself.

Last edited:
Mising TT picture Navapolatsk Industry!!

There some missing pictures for some of TT Belarus do not have a picture of Navapolatsk Industry.
navapolatskindustry.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Found this one on the net.

Suggestion!
Skill level 5 or 6
New TT for Belarus Minsk Tractor Works
minsktractorworks.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Mechanics, tec efficiency, management and general equipment.
1953 - 1970
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_Tractor_Works

Last edited:
I have a suggestion on NOR tech teams

2502 Kongsberg T2502 4 1930 1970 general_equipment industrial_engineering management

Instead of just "Kongsberg" it should be "Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk" Link

2502 Kongsberg Vaapenfbrikk T2502 4 1930 1970 general_equipment industrial_engineering management

Another suggestion

From

2514 Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt T_NOR_FFI 5 1946 1970 chemistry electronics management combined_arms_focus

To

2514 Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt T_NOR_FFI 5 1946 1970 chemistry electronics management combined_arms_focus

Only change is a capital letter in the beginning of Forskningsinstitutt

One more thing: Is the new engine capable of handling the letter "æ" because in the NOR tech file a tech team has it in its name. Namely

2510 Framnæs Mekaniske Verksted T_NOR_Famnaes 4 1930 1970 naval_engineering electronics

it could be changes to

2510 Framnaes Mekaniske Verksted T_NOR_Famnaes 4 1930 1970 naval_engineering electronics

if the æ is to be avoided. If æ is ok to use then Framnæs should keep it's name but then

2503 Kvaerner T2503 6 1930 1970 naval_engineering chemistry technical_efficiency

should change to

2503 Kværner T2503 6 1930 1970 naval_engineering chemistry technical_efficiency

And to all other Norwegians reading this. We should get "Norsk Hydro" as at tech team as well. And maybe Chr. Michelsens Institutt (CMI) link or maybe some of the reasearchers that were afilliated. Atle Selberg or Thoralf Skolem could maybe make the cut. SINTEF could also be amended with a start date 1950.

Esay1: Do you think you can find an other image for Aker? The current one is the logo of the firm Aker ASA, which has little to do with Akers Mekaniske Verksted (e.g. Aker ASA has sold Aker Yards, and the current logo is less than 15 years old). An earlier logo was http://dcdevine.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/aker_logo.thumbnail.jpg?w=128&h=55, but that one could also be from after 1970.

Norsk Hydro should definitively be the norwergian tech team for Agrichemistry. Skill 4 and speciality in chemistry and management?

I think SINTEF is covered by NTH. Both Selberg and Skolem (both mathematicans) could be covered by the University of Oslo, but I'd rather have NTH than UiO as the university from Norway.

I don't think Chr. Michelsens Institutt is relevant for the technologies covered by Arsenal of Democracy

Norsk Idro has been coded (please I need the pic) but I'm puzzled about the following team

Code:
2502;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;electronics;management;combined_arms_focus;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

I would prefer to remove combined arms focus and assigning it to another tech team

Austria

Austria
I generaly prefer to leave the original TTs mostly intact. Maybe replace name, but do not swap specialties. They were I hope balanced for the given country.

Shrödinger is in game. End date should be lowered. Nuclear engineering might not be a specialty for him (he was a theoretical scientist). Leave him with math and nuclear physiscs. Skill can be 7, won't change too much.

Anselm Franz with Skill 6, Rocektry, Aeronutics is OK

Gödel skill 7, Math is OK

I won't change the Univ. Wien except if we come up with a mathematicians for the post 39 era. There are probably famous ones around (not necessary in cryptography).

Puch skill 5 mechanics, gen.equip, training is OK

Georg von Trapp skill 4, centralized, naval training, sub tactic, seamanship, small taskforce

Schiffswerft Korneuburg is OK as suggested

We should come up with an air doctrine and an land doctrine team for the post WWII era. Ministry of Defense is just lame. (If nothing else I go to Austria next week because of work, and ask some locals)

I was looking around for some better Air, Land and Naval doctrine teams for Austria, it's hard work.

They didn't really get an Army again until 1955, so unless existing people can be found to make it to those dates it will be hard to find people. I do agree though, the generic Ministries and Armies are lame.

I found some other Austrian Air Leaders, but was unable to find any good information on them.

I think asking the locals is probably a good idea.:p

For the most part leaving the stock teams alone is good, but some times Paradox was just stupid. Take the Messe, that guy was the Italian Guderian, and he only gets a skill 4, because he is an Italian. They get him so late in the game he can't make much of a difference anyways, maybe his dates should be changed...I'm on a rant. :p
But Regarding the Austrian Hirtenberger TT, I do think it should be split into two different Teams. Austria needs more teams, and this is a good way to make them, Paradox basically tried combining two things in one.

Proposals for Wales:

Cardiff University:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_University
Code:
97619;Cardiff University;T_U76_CardiffUniversity;4;1930;1970;mathematics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Donald Watts Davies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Davies
Code:
97620;Donald Watts Davies;T_U76_DonaldDavies;3;1943;1970;nuclear_physics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Brecon Infantry Battle School:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_Training_Centre
Code:
97621;Brecon Infantry Battle School;T_U76_Brecon;2;1939;1970;small_unit_tactics;training;infantry_foucs;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

I tried to go for research fields that are not covered by tigey's voluminous proposal :)

Pics as usual:
http://www.2shared.com/file/9587206/a9fde964/TT_Wales.html

edit:I got this annoying feeling that i forgot something. But I'm just going to sleep now...

Done but I miss the pic of the university. Please download the pack anc check whether it's fine.

Last edited:
Austria
I generaly prefer to leave the original TTs mostly intact. Maybe replace name, but do not swap specialties. They were I hope balanced for the given country.

I agree with your general statement but I made a research which shows that some vanilla tech teams did not exists, did not operate on the assigne fields, etc. Please see my post.

Austria
Shrödinger is in game. End date should be lowered. Nuclear engineering might not be a specialty for him (he was a theoretical scientist). Leave him with math and nuclear physiscs. Skill can be 7, won't change too much.

Ok

Anselm Franz with Skill 6, Rocektry, Aeronutics is OK

Gödel skill 7, Math is OK

I won't change the Univ. Wien except if we come up with a mathematicians for the post 39 era. There are probably famous ones around (not necessary in cryptography).

Puch skill 5 mechanics, gen.equip, training is OK

Georg von Trapp skill 4, centralized, naval training, sub tactic, seamanship, small taskforce

Ok, I have to code him

Schiffswerft Korneuburg is OK as suggested

We should come up with an air doctrine and an land doctrine team for the post WWII era. Ministry of Defense is just lame. (If nothing else I go to Austria next week because of work, and ask some locals)

I was looking around for some better Air, Land and Naval doctrine teams for Austria, it's hard work.

They didn't really get an Army again until 1955, so unless existing people can be found to make it to those dates it will be hard to find people. I do agree though, the generic Ministries and Armies are lame.

I found some other Austrian Air Leaders, but was unable to find any good information on them.

I think asking the locals is probably a good idea.:p

For the most part leaving the stock teams alone is good, but some times Paradox was just stupid. Take the Messe, that guy was the Italian Guderian, and he only gets a skill 4, because he is an Italian. They get him so late in the game he can't make much of a difference anyways, maybe his dates should be changed...I'm on a rant. :p
But Regarding the Austrian Hirtenberger TT, I do think it should be split into two different Teams. Austria needs more teams, and this is a good way to make them, Paradox basically tried combining two things in one.

I fully agree especially with regards to Messe. ;)

Last edited:
I'm pleasantly surprised von Trapp went down so well with you guys! I swear I suggested him one other time and people got all over me.
:cool:

Are Jean Romatet and Emile Speller okay as well?

Having read their bio I think they should not included at the moment.
The political changes in Easter Europe - as discussed by Cegorah - while needs to be addressed, requires events and such, and it should not be our goal at the moment.
Nedic lead the collaborative government of Serbia. And should be included in the Serbia TT, where he could replace Belgrade Mil. Acad. as the doctrine team with Skill 4 and the above specialty.

Mihailović actually opposed the Partisans. He would had been a prominent military figure if Yug continued as a monarchy/democracy. He could not be a TT in communist Yug alongside Tito.
Again I suggest including him in Serbia with SKill 4 and Specialty Small unit’s tactics, decentralised exec, training and infantry focus

What about adding Nedic and Mihailović to Serbia and Yugoslavia and creating a new tech team for communist Yugoslavia? The news here is that the number of countries is not limited any longer.

In this case I would take out Bogoljub Ilic and Dusan Simovic that had nothing to do with Tito.

Last edited:
Alright it's taken me awhile, but I've come up with a few tech teams.

Vichy France:

038_Romatet.jpg

Name: Jean Romatet

Skill: 4

Traits: Decentralised Execution, Piloting, Aircraft Testing and Fighter Tactics

Romatet was a WWI Flying Ace with 7 victories, and was commander of the Vichy Airforce from beginning to end. He died in 1975. I think this is a better option then the plain old "Vichy Airforce/Armée de l'Air de Vichy" TT that I saw somewhere.

We thought about that but the pic is not acceptable because is from WWI. If you mange to find a suitable picture we can reconsider this choice.

Luxembourg:

chronik_foto_06.jpg

He is the one sitting on the Left. This is the best picture I could find, but it's not very military, and is after the war. If anyone has a better one I'd be grateful.

Name: Emile Speller

Skill: 3

Traits: Training, Decentralised Execution, Infantry Focus and Small Unit Tactics

Years: 1936-? English information is very scarce on this guy, so I'll need a Luxembourger or someone to help me here. The site I got the image from said something in German about 1981, is it possible he could have been alive that long?

He was the commander of the Luxembourger Army at the start of the war, and from what I can infer, was probably commanding the army at the start of the game, in 1936. His plan of defensive against the German invasion was to pull back from the borders and wage smaller skirmishes (the army was only 600 men strong), and to hold off the Germans long enough for any people who wanted to flee to reach Allied Lines. I'm thinking this is a better, more interesting TT then the "Luxembourg Armed Forces" option.

I'm not confortable because the information is scarce and the pic is not good.

Austria:

I'm here thinking about naval teams. Sure, Austria lost it's sea going navy at the end of WWI, but it still retained many officers and men who would be around during the AOD timeframe. Any help would be excellent.

Sure, Austria dosen't have a coast, but it did have a River Squadron that patrolled the Danube.

Name: Schiffswerft Korneuburg a.k.a. Korneuburg Werft AG

Skill: 2

Traits: Naval Engineering, Naval Artillery, Electronics and Technical Efficiency

I wasn't able to find a picture, we might have to substitute a Generic one unless anyone can privde any help. Another option is an image of a ship from that shipyard or w/e.

I think the traits and skills the be realistic, it built warships, hence I gave it Naval Artillery. I think a skill 2 is accurate, it hadn't made major warships in some time, but if Austria obtains a coast and a navy it would be sufficient to make smaller ships like destroyers without trouble. And remember, the Battleship Szent Istvan was built in Hungary during WWI, and floated down the Danube, also dockyards can be enlarged.

georg01.jpg

I like the first better, but this one could work also:

1609_119411473328.jpg

Name: Georg von Trapp

Skill: 4 or 5, depends on what others think.

Traits: Centralised Execution, Naval Training, Seamanship, Small Taskforce Tactics and Submarine Tactics

Years: 1936-1947

Now before you instantly start to laugh and talk about how lame this is hear me out. This guy was a brilliant Submarine Commander in WWI, and if Austria had won the war, or had continued to have a coast he would have ended up an admiral to be sure. When the Nazi's occupied Austria they asked him to become a commander on the Kreigsmarine. You think if Austria aquired a coast again, and started to build a navy again they wouldn't have done the same? And most likely he would have said yes. I don't see it unreasonable at all to include this guy as an Austrian TT. He died of lung cancer in 1947 hence the end date.

There are other possibilities aswell. A Naval Ministry TT could be set up, for after Trapp dies or from the beginning.

Kunadam said yes and that's fine with me :)

Greece:

Do we have any Air or Naval Doctrine teams for this nation? I'd be willing to do research if there is nothing.

Please download the pack we have prepared (follow my signature) and check it out

Also, there are some TT's that were given incorrect images by Paradox, incorrect as in pictures of someone else, have these been fixed or not.

Please follow this link http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432989

Also, several teams have incorrect activation and end dates. Take Vichy for example, in Vanilla after the Allies land and Vichy collaborates, they lose all their doctrine teams EXCEPT FraNcois Darlan. This guy was acturally murdered in 1942 around the time of all the said event, yet he is the only one to survive? So the others need to be reasearched on, and fixed, and for Darlan, I suppose an event for his assasination, which occurs only regarding the invasion of Algeria. And other things: Messe of Italy only a skill 4, some teams just have wacked skills, that guys TT should be a 5)

I agree. Please check the pack.

I also have ideas for Russa (Russia not USSR), Ukraine, Bulgaria, Mongolia, Slovakia etc...etc... I just pooped out tonight.

Please first check the pack and afterwards make your proposals

So give some answers boys. When is the deadline for TTs?

The first deadline is passed (it was Saturday last week). We are preparing a patch.

I would actually swap Malár with Jan Golian. Malár lead the Fast Units for a while thus combined arms is fitting.

Jan Golian then could have Infantry focus, individual courage and centalized execution. Skill 4.

The picture is definitely better. The one in Hoi2 does not even comform Paradox standard...

C-K-D is just wrong for Slovakia. It was a CZE company. Slov need revision, and overhaul. Let me have some time to think it up, and look for some reference.

Ok. I will add this task to the status.

Last edited:
I think we can postpone the communist tech teams for the communist Eastern Eurpean states to after release. That is 2 weeks. We still need to dig up teams for many other countries.
Yesterday I have checked CORE and TRP, they either left TTs as it, or deleted/merged some, there is very few if any new proposals. :(
No inspiration from there.

I think we can postpone the communist tech teams for the communist Eastern Eurpean states to after release. That is 2 weeks. We still need to dig up teams for many other countries.
Yesterday I have checked CORE and TRP, they either left TTs as it, or deleted/merged some, there is very few if any new proposals. :(
No inspiration from there.

You are right but please have a look at the Yugoslavia tech team. It's quite disturbing...

I think that I will make a try on it in my spare time :)

Well, for Romatet, I'm not trying to be a bugger, but the pic is of good quality, and is the picture of von Trapp not from WWI also?;)

If I can dredge up more info on Speller will that changes things. I actually have a picture of him in a book somewhere, I just need to get the image to the internet.

I will take a look at this "pack" right now!:cool:

I'm excited to see work is already being done on a patch!:eek:

Thanks for the help, and sorry I'm not able to quote like you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.