• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea is that decisions should be shared and agreed. If you think I should remove them I will do it. My opinion is that those teams are still valid but they are a second best. This means that their presence is not crucial but it could be useful if a player wants 2 slots at the same time. In that case the player will pay a penalty because the old teams are less efficient. Please let me know your opinion because I will act accordingly.

Well, to even use Kubena or Rendulic they would already have to be using the other two. And I have never seen where you would need to use more then 2 Land Doctrine teams at any given time. I don't think they will be missed or I wouldn't have suggested their removal (I would have tweaked them, Kubena would probably be a skill 2 and Rendulic a 3, they were nothing special).:)

Its a picture of a soviet yakovlevut2. I was thinking; Mongolia got aircraft from the soviets. Why not use a old picture of a soviet plane that would be "plausible" for Mongolia to use. I also tried to find a better picture but I did not find so much.
Never mind the chemistry I was thinking laud. :) Bomber Tactics and mechanics sounds fine to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Mongolia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_People's_Army

Also give them Aeronautics... If you want, I found some pictures of Soviet Planes in Mongolia during the Khalkin Gol Conflict, maybe we could use one of those? A little more authentic me thinks.

Edit: Some possible pictures of I-15's in Mongolia:
295eg47.jpg

sfch9g.jpg

And in the spirit of this, I hereby announce...

Tannu Tuva:

13yfngg.jpg

Name: Tuvinian Air Force
Skill: 1 (If ever I could give a lower skill then One, this would be it)
Traits: Aircraft Testing and Mechanics
Years Active: 1939-1970
Notes: Founded in 1939 the "Tuvinian Air Force" was part of the Tuvinian Cavalry Squadron. Along with the above picture of their PU-2, they also had another plane, for a grand total of....(drumroll)....2 planes! The "squadron" was disbanded when Tannu Tuva was annexed by the Soviet Union in 1944. So although it barely was an airforce, it provides a TT for Tannu Tuva.

Last edited:
And I have never seen where you would need to use more then 2 Land Doctrine teams at any given time.
Exactly my thought. One does not need many doctrine teams. Aircraft, infantry, tank, navy can use parallel research. Land doctrines rarely so.

On Austria you have GÖCH as: GÖCH-Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemike

It should be GÖCH-Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemiker.

For Luxembourg:

SOLA - Société Luxembourgeoise d'Armes, change to:
SOLA-Société Luxembourgeoise d'Armes. Long names, so we have to minimise space.

Maybe take out the acronym, and just have the full name? I'm just owrried about the names getting cut off in the game, as I know I've seen it in the past.

Last edited:
Albania
My suggestion should replace the ALB file and not added to it (many of them are actually renaming in order to be in Albanian).

Austria
Spelling error in centralized
Code:
608;Georg Trapp;T_AUS_Georg_Trapp;4;1930;1947;centrali[B]s[/B]ed_execution;naval_training;seamanship;small_taskforce_tactics;submarine_tactic;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
As for the post war team we have to wait for the actual game to see their effects (e.g. Bundesheer).

Belgium
Why does Vicker-Armstrong show up everywhere as the same line? Australia, SAF, Belgium??? Wasn't it british?

CZE
Komárom Naval yar misses its picture. Copy over from SLO
The danube flottila could have the new picture I sent yesterday.
Pics for AIVA, AERO and Letov are probably wrong. Emil Janouska had this awful picture?

FRA
H.W. Egli Bull and Compagnie des Machines Bull have the same picture and they are probably the same. Beware of the different skills.

Georgia
centralized needs to be corrected in at least 4 teams

GRE
Picture for Sxoli Ikaron missing or wrong spelling

IRQ
I don't see iraq airforce implemented

ITA
Something wrong with Tesei's specilaties. Remove spaces before the semicolon
Same with Terni

Lux
Usine: eihter industrial_engineering or technical_efficiency. Not industrial_efficinecy

PAL
Nothing implemented (however they might have been suggested for Jordan)

POL
T_POL_Maczek is either missing or spelling problem.
Stanislaw Sosabowski detto.
Edward Smigly-Rydz detto.
Kazimierz Sosnkowski detto
Fablok detto

SAF
Armscor and Iscor pic should be inserted

SCO
Banff Air Base and William Beardmore and Company have same picture
(this is not our fault, this is vanilla)

SLO
Slovakian aircraft factory should be removed. Otherwise the historic team won't get their place.
ZTS should have its pics implemented

SOV
Nevskoye Design Bureau picture is not so nice

VIC
H.W. Egli Bull and Compagnie des Machines Bull have the same picture. Beware of the different specilities

Last edited:
Well, to even use Kubena or Rendulic they would already have to be using the other two. And I have never seen where you would need to use more then 2 Land Doctrine teams at any given time. I don't think they will be missed or I wouldn't have suggested their removal (I would have tweaked them, Kubena would probably be a skill 2 and Rendulic a 3, they were nothing special).:)

Exactly my thought. One does not need many doctrine teams. Aircraft, infantry, tank, navy can use parallel research. Land doctrines rarely so.

So what is your opinion? Should I decrease their skills (my preferred option as well) or remove them?

Remove them. von Mauser said that historically they are not a good fit.
Also please note that I'm updating my most 3 above for problems in the files.

Albania
H.W. Egli Bull and Compagnie des Machines Bull have the same picture. Beware of the different specilities

It's the same company which grew.

Belgium
Why does Vicker-Armstrong show up everywhere as the same line? Australia, SAF, Belgium??? Wasn't it british?

Because; I guees, Belgium had not the capacity of developing/researching/building any aircraft but its aviation was not that bad. I would keep the team but lower the skill.

Remove them. von Mauser said that historically they are not a good fit.
Also please note that I'm updating my most 3 above for problems in the files.

Ok. I don't like this solution but I will do it

It's the same company which grew.

Because; I guees, Belgium had not the capacity of developing/researching/building any aircraft but its aviation was not that bad. I would keep the team but lower the skill.
In the next patches theese has to be amended. Even countries not producing any of their own aircrafts had repair facilities which could represent theri tech teams. No need for fantasy/other country teams.
Also many pics are generic in the vanila setup. I have seen the same dockyard over and over again. :)

Albania
CZE
Komárom Naval yar misses its picture. Copy over from SLO
The danube flottila could have the new picture I sent yesterday.
Pics for AIVA, AERO and Letov are probably wrong. Emil Janouska had this awful picture?

CZE was one of the nations I was hoping to look at next (I'm almost half Czech IRL), so I will try to look at that.

IRQ
I don't see Iraq airforce implemented

Lux
Usine: eihter industrial_engineering or technical_efficiency. Not industrial_efficinecy

I meant Industrial Engineering, sorry.

SOV
Nevskoye Design Bureau picture is not so nice.

On another note, Sergey Gorshkov should be renamed Sergei Gorshkov, and I think we should change the picture to the one Stalkov made for Ukraine:
ab809b388e42ad7344fef4c73ce81.bmp

Both nations should have the same picture IMO, if it is of the same person.

VIC

I see Jean Romatet picture in the file, does this mean you will implement him as the TT I suggested?

I see Jean Romatet picture in the file, does this mean you will implement him as the TT I suggested?

No because that pic is from WWI. I would like to add him and some time ago I spent several hours to find a suitable pic for him. The issue is that I was not successful.

AUS:
Code:
608;Georg Trapp;T_AUS_Georg_Trapp;4;1930;1947;centralised_execution;naval_training;seamanship;small_taskforce_tactics;submarine_tactic;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
608;Georg Trapp;T_AUS_Georg_Trapp;4;1930;1947;centralized_execution;naval_training;seamanship;small_taskforce_tactics;submarine_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Some specialties spelled wrong.

Code:
609;GÖCH-Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemike;T_AUS_GOCH;4;1930;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
609;GÖCH-Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemiker;T_AUS_GOCH;4;1930;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Added the R to Chemiker.

Code:
614;Korneuburg Werft AG;T_AUS_Korneuburg_Werft;2;1930;1970;naval_engineering;naval_artillery;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
614;Korneuburg Werft;T_AUS_Korneuburg_Werft;2;1930;1970;naval_engineering;naval_artillery;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Having the AG at the end is like having the American Team "Armalite" being "Armalite Inc.", it's just a little technical thing to say that the company is a coroporation or something, and I'll admit, for Luxembourg I had Paul Wurth S.A., but this is so people know that it is a company not a single person. So AG isn't needed.:)

Code:
619;Österreichischen Luftstreitkräfte;T_AUS_Österreichische_Luftstreitkräfte;3;1930;1970;piloting;aircraft_testing;fighter_tactics;aeronautics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
619;Österreichischen Luftstreitkräfte;T_AUS_Österreichischen_Luftstreitkräfte;3;1930;1970;piloting;aircraft_testing;fighter_tactics;aeronautics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
This will add the correctly named photo. I also still think start should be moved to 1945 like the Army...

Code:
622;Puch;T_AUS_Puch;5;1930;1970;general_equipment;training;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Several times I have asked that this photo:
T_AUS_Puch.bmp

be replaced with this photo:
a1b3dbb4d73f30195c8633ba0cf11.bmp

Is there some problem with the lower photo? It is of an actual product, and it is not of a logo (a logo not around in the begginning of the game I may add).

LUX:

Code:
8501;Emile Speller;T_LUX_Emile_Speller;3;1930;1952;training;decentralised_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
8501;Emile Speller;T_LUX_Emile_Speller;3;1930;1952;training;decentralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Spelling error on one of the specialties.

Code:
8502;Félix de Bourbon-Parme;T_LUX_Felix_de_Bourbon-Parme;2;1945;1970;centralised_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
8502;Félix de Bourbon-Parme;T_LUX_Felix_de_Bourbon-Parme;2;1945;1970;centralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Spelling error on one of the specialties.

Code:
8505;SOLA - Société Luxembourgeoise d'Armes;T_LUX_SOLA;4;1952;1970;general_equipment;industrial_engineering;artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
8505;SOLA-Société Luxembourgeoise d'Armes;T_LUX_SOLA;4;1952;1970;general_equipment;industrial_engineering;artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Shortens the name a bit.

Code:
8506;Usine de Rodange;T_LUX_UsinedeRodange;5;1930;1970;industrial_efficiency;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Change to:
Code:
8506;Usine de Rodange;T_LUX_UsinedeRodange;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Replaced "fantasy?" specialty with the one I actually intended.

Also, for Both Nations there are some photos in the file that arn't needed or used anymore. I can point them out if needed.

For LUX I can rename the vanilla photos if liked, so they have real names.

Last edited:
This will add the correctly named photo. I also still think start should be moved to 1945 like the Army...

Thank you for your amendments, I will change the files accordingly.

Also, for Both Nations there are some photos in the file that arn't needed or used anymore. I can point them out if needed.

For LUX I can rename the vanilla photos if liked, so they have real names.

Please do it

Regarding Bundensheer

Between 1918 and 1921, the Austrian semi-regular army was called Volkswehr ("People's Defence"), and fought against Yugoslavian army units occupying parts of Carinthia. It has been known as "Bundesheer" since then, except when Austria was a part of Nazi Germany (1938-1945; see Anschluss). The Austrian Army did develop a defense plan in 1938 against Germany, but politics prevented it from being implemented.

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_Armed_Forces

Regarding Bundesheer:

Between 1918 and 1921, the Austrian semi-regular army was called Volkswehr ("People's Defence"), and fought against Yugoslavian army units occupying parts of Carinthia. It has been known as "Bundesheer" since then, except when Austria was a part of Nazi Germany (1938-1945; see Anschluss). The Austrian Army did develop a defense plan in 1938 against Germany, but politics prevented it from being implemented.

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_Armed_Forces

The plan was developed Alfred Jansa, one of the TT's I suggested.:cool:

Please do it.

AUS:

T_AUS_Bundesheer can be removed. There is a picture with the correct name T_AUS_Österreichischen_Bundesheer
T_AUS_Donauflottille can be removed. There is a picture with the correct name T_AUS_Österreichischen_Donauflottille
T_AUS_Erwin_Schrodinger can be removed. His correct picture T_AUS_Erwin_Schrodinger1, could be renamed to T_AUS_Erwin_Schrödinger1, adding the ö
T_AUS_Georg_von_Trapp can be removed. There is a picture with the correct name T_AUS_Georg_Trapp.
T_AUS_GOCH is the correct image, but could be named T_AUS_GÖCH, adding the Ö
T_AUS_Johann_Kubena can be removed. We have decided to scrap that team.
T_AUS_Kurt_Godel can be removed. There is a picture with the correct name T_AUS_Kurt_Gödel.
T_AUS_Österreichische_Luftstreitkräfte can be removed. There is a picture with the correct name T_AUS_Österreichischen_Luftstreitkräfte
T_AUS_Steyer can be removed. There is a picture with the correct name T_AUS_Steyr
T_AUS_Willibald_Jentschke can be removed. We had decided to scrap this team awhile ago.
T_AUS_Wolfgang_Grobner is the correct image, but could be renamed T_AUS_Wolfgang_Gröbner, adding the ö.
T605 can be removed. This was an extra picture for Johann Kubena, who has been removed. This picture is at the bottom of the whole list.

LUX:

T_LUX_ArmyofLuxenburg can be removed, apparantly this team has been scrapped (which I agree with).
T_LUX_Felix_de_Bourbon-Parme is the correct picture, but could be renamed T_LUX_Félix_de_Bourbon-Parme, adding the é.
T_LUX_Letzebuerger_Armei_Arsenal can be removed. There is a picture with the correct name T_LUX_Lëtzebuerger_Arméi_Arsenal
T_LUX_PaulWurthSA should maybe be renamed to T_LUX_Paul_Wurth_SA
T_LUX_UsinedeRodange should maybe be renamed to T_LUX_Usine_de_Rodange

Also:

T8500 should be renamed to T_LUX_ARBED
T8501 should be renamed to T_LUX_William_Kroll

You can do all this by just right clicking on the photo and it will have delete, but also Rename, which you can then copy paste my changes.

Last edited:
Fjords - Slartibartfast design

Changes: Images
I don't recall what T2506 is an image of, but if it depicts Kristian Laake he was an army genereal from 1931 to 1940. Thus I'm using him for Hærens Flyvevesen (the army airforce).

NOTE: I do not know
(A) If the logos of elkem or borregaard was used in the period 1930-1970
(B) If their logos are in the public domain or not

Code:
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;5;1930;1970;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2501;Atle Selberg;T_NOR_Selberg;6;1943;1950;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Mathematisches Institut Oberwolfach (MFO), http://owpdb.mfo.de/detail?photoID=3792, Author Konrad Jacobs, Erlangen, licencse: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/de/deed.en
2502;Borregaard;T_NOR_Borregaard;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2503;Carl Gustav Fleischer;T2505;4;1930;1970;decentralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#250x;Christiania Spigerverk;T_NOR_ChristianiaSpigerverk;3;1930;1970;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2504;Den Kongelige Norske Marine;T2507;4;1930;1970;centralized_execution;naval_engineering;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2505;Elektrisk Bureau;T_NOR_ElektriskBureau;3;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2506;Elkem;T_NOR_Elkem;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2507;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;combined_arms_focus;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2508;Framnæs Mekaniske Værksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2509;Hærens flyvevæsen;T2506;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;combined_arms_focus;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2510;Horten Verft;T2500;4;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2511;Institutt for Atomenergi;T_NOR_InstituttforAtomenergi;6;1946;1970;chemistry;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2512;Kjeller Flyfabrikk;T2501;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2513;Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk;T2502;4;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2514;Kværner;T2503;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2515;Luftforsvaret;T_NOR_Luftforsvaret;4;1944;1970;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2516;Norges Tekniske Høgskole;T_NOR_NorgesTekniskeHogskole;4;1930;1970;electronics;chemistry;industrial_engineering;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2517;Norsk Hydro;T_NOR_NorskHydro;5;1930;1970;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2518;Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk;T_NOR_MarinensFlyvebåtfabrikk;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2519;Marinens Flyvevåben;T_NOR_MarinensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Northrop_N-3PB_in_flight.jpg
2520;Odd Hassel;T2508;5;1930;1970;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2521;Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk;T2504;5;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2522;Strømmens Værksted;T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted;4;1930;1970;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Wilse, Anders Beer / Norsk Folkemuseum (Norwegian Museum of Cultural History), found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Strømmens_Værksted_building_wooden_train_cars.jpeg
2523;Tandbergs Radiofabrikk;T_NOR_Vebjorn_Tandberg;5;1933;1970;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2524;Thoralf Skolem;T_NOR_Skolem;5;1930;1963;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Skolem.html
#25xx;Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet;T_NOR_KongeligeUniversitet;5;1930;1939;chemistry;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#25xx;Universitetet i Oslo;T_NOR_KongeligeUniversitet;5;1939;1970;chemistry;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

T_NOR_Borregaard.bmp
33wo7jt.jpg

T_NOR_ElektriskBureau.bmp
xkn1ps.jpg

T_NOR_Elkem.bmp
2jb2wsg.jpg

T_NOR_Luftforsvaret.bmp
288wgvl.jpg

T_NOR_MarinensFly.bmp
2dv03g0.jpg

T_NOR_Selberg.bmp
34j4xec.jpg