• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, for SOLA, you just need to say SOLA, you don't need to put the whole Société Luxembourgeoise d'Armes thing. I just put that there so you knew what SOLA stood for.

I guess that is clearer in this way

615/Österreichischen Bundesheer: Move start date to 1955, when it was refounded. Have replaced photo (old one was the Vanilla photo for Johann Kubena...). Was 614, now 615.

617/Österreichischen Luftstreitkräfte: Move start date to 1955, same as the Bundesheer. Renamed photo. Was 615, now 617.

I haven't added your suggestions to the pack because of the above teams. Austria had an Army and an Airforce in the 1930s. I don't see the reason why they should start in 1959.

Changes:
*Aker : Increased skill to 6, removed electronics, ind.eng., added technical_efficiency
*Atle Selberg : new (skill 6, mathematics). Start 1943, ends 1950 (he emigrated to the US. Worked on analytic number theory and won the Fields medal in 1950).
Atle_Selberg.jpg

*Bergen Mekaniske Verksted : removed (but made Aker, Horten and Framnæs better). Could not find any images in the public domain
*Christiania Spigerverk : outcommented (could not find any images in the public domain, but I think anyone with a camera can take a picture of the exterior of their factory in Nydalen, Oslo)
*Frederiks Universitet : removed (I was wrong. Nuclear research was at NTH at least until 1942 (source http://www.snl.no/kjernefysikk)
*Elektrisk Bureau found image
Elektrisk_Bureau.jpg

*Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk : changed electronics to technical_efficiency
*Norges Tekniske Høgskole : undo removal. Skill 4, specialities in electronics, chemistry, industrial_engineering, nuclear_engineering, nuclear_physics. They should probably lose the nuclear stuff in 1946.
*Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk : reduced skill to 3
*Odd Hassel : undo removal. Removed management speciality
*Strømmens Værksted : changed name. Found image
Strømmens_Værksted_building_wooden_train_cars.jpeg

*Universitetet i Oslo : removed. Added Skolem and Selberg as mathematicians. Undo removal of Hassel as chemist. Gave NTH nuclear research.
*Thoralf Skolem : new (skill 5, mathematics). Was a logician. Ends in 1963
Skolem.jpeg

I could not find images for Elkem or Borregaard in the public domain, but both have logos.

Code:
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;6;1930;1970;naval_training;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2501;Atle Selberg;T_NOR_Selberg;6;1943;1950;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Mathematisches Institut Oberwolfach (MFO), http://owpdb.mfo.de/detail?photoID=3792, Author Konrad Jacobs, Erlangen, licencse: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/de/deed.en
2502;Borregaard;T_NOR_Borregaard;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2503;Carl Gustav Fleischer;T2505;4;1930;1970;decentralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#250x;Christiania Spigerverk;T_NOR_ChristianiaSpigerverk;3;1930;1970;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2504;Den Kongelige Norske Marine;T2507;3;1930;1970;centralized_execution;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2505;Elektrisk Bureau;T_NOR_ElektriskBureau;3;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2506;Elkem;T_NOR_Elkem;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2507;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;combined_arms_focus;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2508;Framnæs Mekaniske Værksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;5;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2509;Haerens Flyvevaesen;T_NOR_HaerensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;combined_arms_focus;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2510;Horten Verft;T2500;4;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2511;Institutt for Atomenergi;T_NOR_InstituttforAtomenergi;6;1946;1970;chemistry;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2512;Kjeller Flyfabrikk;T2501;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2513;Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk;T2502;4;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2514;Kvaerner;T2503;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2515;Luftforsvaret;T2506;1944;1970;4;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2516;Norges Tekniske Høgskole;T_NOR_NorgesTekniskeHogskole;4;1930;1970;electronics;chemistry;industrial_engineering;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2517;Norsk Hydro;T_NOR_NorskHydro;5;1930;1970;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2518;Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk;T_NOR_MarinensFlyvebaatfabrikk;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2519;Marinens Flyvevaaben;T_NOR_MarinensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2520;Odd Hassel;T2508;5;1930;1970;chemistry;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2521;Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk;T2504;5;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2522;Strømmens Værksted;T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted;4;1930;1970;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Wilse, Anders Beer / Norsk Folkemuseum (Norwegian Museum of Cultural History), found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Strømmens_Værksted_building_wooden_train_cars.jpeg
2523;Tandbergs Radiofabrikk;T_NOR_Vebjorn_Tandberg;5;1933;1970;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2524;Thoralf Skolem;T_NOR_Skolem;5;1930;1963;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Skolem.html

(I hope # is the start of comments)

Anybody is available to comment this proposal?

This is what i see:
Akers = Aircraft team and because of its relative high skill also a land doctrine team. Was it intended as a naval doctrine and/or naval team?

Norkse marine = only for 4 naval doctrine research, I think Akers should be revised.

Framncs MW = naval doctrine

Odd Hassel = Tank and artillery team (I might be wrong but he received his Nobel prize for something else)

And this line had a problem (skill came after the years)
Code:
2515;Luftforsvaret;T2506;4;1944;1970;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Thus it still needs revision.

This is what i see:
Akers = Aircraft team and because of its relative high skill also a land doctrine team. Was it intended as a naval doctrine and/or naval team?

Norkse marine = only for 4 naval doctrine research, I think Akers should be revised.

Odd Hassel = Tank and artillery team (I might be wrong but he received his Nobel prize for something else)

Code:
2515;Luftforsvaret;T2506;4;1944;1970;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Thank you very much kunnadam. If we don't reach an agreement/a sound proposal I will leave the tech team as it is and I will postpone the review to a later patch. For the time being (as already mentioned) my objective is to code the version 1.1 of the TTs pack by tonight.

Could you do an interim pack? I would go through some of the new file to make sure they are OK.

This is what i see:

Code:

Akers should definitively not be an aircraft team or a doctrine team. I've reduced the skill to 5. Naval_training should be Naval_engineering (thanks for spotting that one).
Since Framnæs Mekaniske Værksted should have less skill than Aker, I've reduced their skill to 4.

Kongelige Norske Marine should be the naval doctrine team. I've increased their skill to 4 (thus the naval doctrine team is better than the airdoctrine teams).

Odd Hassel should neither be a tank nor a doctrine team, but should have speciality in chemistry and electronics. I've reduced his skill to 4.

I've also reduced the skill of Skolem and Selberg by one each, so that Selberg wont be used as a doctrine team.

The result is as follows:
Code:
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;5;1930;1970;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2501;Atle Selberg;T_NOR_Selberg;5;1943;1950;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Mathematisches Institut Oberwolfach (MFO), http://owpdb.mfo.de/detail?photoID=3792, Author Konrad Jacobs, Erlangen, licencse: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/de/deed.en
2502;Borregaard;T_NOR_Borregaard;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2503;Carl Gustav Fleischer;T2505;4;1930;1970;decentralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#250x;Christiania Spigerverk;T_NOR_ChristianiaSpigerverk;3;1930;1970;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2504;Den Kongelige Norske Marine;T2507;4;1930;1970;centralized_execution;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2505;Elektrisk Bureau;T_NOR_ElektriskBureau;3;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2506;Elkem;T_NOR_Elkem;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2507;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;combined_arms_focus;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2508;Framnæs Mekaniske Værksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2509;Hærens flyvevæsen;T_NOR_HaerensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;combined_arms_focus;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2510;Horten Verft;T2500;4;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2511;Institutt for Atomenergi;T_NOR_InstituttforAtomenergi;6;1946;1970;chemistry;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2512;Kjeller Flyfabrikk;T2501;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2513;Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk;T2502;4;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2514;Kværner;T2503;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2516;Norges Tekniske Høgskole;T_NOR_NorgesTekniskeHogskole;4;1930;1970;electronics;chemistry;industrial_engineering;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2517;Norsk Hydro;T_NOR_NorskHydro;5;1930;1970;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2518;Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk;T_NOR_MarinensFlyvebåtfabrikk;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2519;Marinens Flyvevåben;T_NOR_MarinensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2520;Odd Hassel;T2508;4;1930;1970;chemistry;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2521;Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk;T2504;5;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2522;Strømmens Værksted;T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted;4;1930;1970;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: Wilse, Anders Beer / Norsk Folkemuseum (Norwegian Museum of Cultural History), found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Strømmens_Værksted_building_wooden_train_cars.jpeg
2523;Tandbergs Radiofabrikk;T_NOR_Vebjorn_Tandberg;5;1933;1970;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2524;Thoralf Skolem;T_NOR_Skolem;4;1930;1963;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
#IMAGE SOURCE: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Skolem.html

Could you do an interim pack? I would go through some of the new file to make sure they are OK.

The interim pack is the current one. The version is 1.1 but it is not final. I would like to finish it by tonight and leave one day for checks/polishing/etc. No new teams will be added after tonight.

Odd Hassel should neither be a tank nor a doctrine team, but should have speciality in chemistry and electronics. I've reduced his skill to 4.

I can only comment on Hassel. He was a Nobel laureate and he should be quite good in chemistry. I would assign to him skill 6 or 7 and specialities in chemistry and management (one of the specialities needed for chemistry research).

The issue is that he was arrested by Germans so there should be a event to remove him from the tech team in case Germany puppets Norway or in case a German player annexes Norway with the option to take over the tech teams.

Have we ever checked what we have googled?
Also we always do derivation of the photos.
Sure - I'm not intending to "spoil the party" or in any way knock the fine work that is happening, here, but mention of scanning from a book just rings a little alarm bell that says "a light warning is in order".

That done - please carry on with your fine work!

I can only comment on Hassel. He was a Nobel laureate and he should be quite good in chemistry. I would assign to him skill 6 or 7 and specialities in chemistry and management (one of the specialities needed for chemistry research).

He was very good in chemistry (inorganic chemistry according to wikipedia), but I think than Norsk Hydro is a more relevant tech team. Hydro was a firm that specialized in fertilizers until the war, and that late (1951) started producing PVC (source in norwegian: http://www.snl.no/Norsk_Hydro_ASA).

My take at Zannas (GRE):
T_GRE_Alexandros_Zannas.bmp

Sure - I'm not intending to "spoil the party" or in any way knock the fine work that is happening, here, but mention of scanning from a book just rings a little alarm bell that says "a light warning is in order".

That done - please carry on with your fine work!

That said I would go for the picture proposed by kunadam. I was for years a wikipedia contributor and I'm very sensitive to copyright issues.

He was very good in chemistry (inorganic chemistry according to wikipedia), but I think than Norsk Hydro is a more relevant tech team. Hydro was a firm that specialized in fertilizers until the war, and that late (1951) started producing PVC (source in norwegian: http://www.snl.no/Norsk_Hydro_ASA).

So the skill 4 could be fine but what about the fact that he would never work for Germans? Is Balesir willing to consider that?

This applies as well to many scientists like Fermi, Schrödinger, Einstein, Bohr, Gödel, etc.

Last edited:
I haven't added your suggestions to the pack because of the above teams. Austria had an Army and an Airforce in the 1930s. I don't see the reason why they should start in 1959.

I'm aiming to get rid of these teams totally. We have actual people covering the time period from 1936-1955. Someone is helping me do research on people from 1955 onwards. (I can post suggestions that I have so far if you want)

The way I see it these generic Army/Airforce teams are just an excuse to not have a real person doing doctrine. So I only think these teams should be in when neccessary.

I'm aiming to get rid of these teams totally. We have actual people covering the time period from 1936-1955. Someone is helping me do research on people from 1955 onwards. (I can post suggestions that I have so far if you want)

The way I see it these generic Army/Airforce teams are just an excuse to not have a real person doing doctrine. So I only think these teams should be in when neccessary.

That is fine but you have little time to make your proposals. By today I'm planning to close the patch 1.1. No more teams will be allowed. Next proposals will be considered for the patch 1.2.

Akers should definitively not be an aircraft team or a doctrine team. I've reduced the skill to 5. Naval_training should be Naval_engineering (thanks for spotting that one).
Since Framnæs Mekaniske Værksted should have less skill than Aker, I've reduced their skill to 4.
Fine

Kongelige Norske Marine should be the naval doctrine team. I've increased their skill to 4 (thus the naval doctrine team is better than the airdoctrine teams).
I would add naval engineering to its list of specialty. That way Akers have only a few naval doctrine to research. One cannot eliminate all.

Not a very good solution. He won't be used at all. I suggest to have him at Skill 5 and chemistry+management. Yes this would be the same as Norsk Hydro, but two good industrial TT is OK. Otherwise there is no niche for Odd Hassel.
Also note that with skill 6 or 7 he will be a carrier and turbo jet team (anything which doesn't have any of its components matched would be researched by the highest skilled team. Carrier doctrines are such, rocketry also.)

I've also reduced the skill of Skolem and Selberg by one each, so that Selberg wont be used as a doctrine team.
No need. They are fine at skill 5 and 6 with just math as specialty.

That is fine but you have little time to make your proposals. By today I'm planning to close the patch 1.1. No more teams will be allowed. Next proposals will be considered for the patch 1.2.

Yes, the post war leaders will not make it in for 1.1... Just so you know.

I hope you understand my reasoning behind the TT's. There isn't some UK team RAF, RN because they have people doing the reasearch, so I don't think Austria should have it either. So I onlt think they should be in to fill up spots we havent completed yet.

The Danube Flottille is see as a different case because it was so small and had no one single stand out person, they were all of very low rank aswell.

Okay, check on Austria:
I have enclosed a file with all the correct images (well, the ones I think best) for Austria, and have renamed some of them (Original Paradox Photos I have renamed, so we know who they are), and they are put in Alphabetical order ........

Yes, the post war leaders will not make it in for 1.1... Just so you know.

I hope you understand my reasoning behind the TT's. There isn't some UK team RAF, RN because they have people doing the reasearch, so I don't think Austria should have it either. So I onlt think they should be in to fill up spots we havent completed yet.

The Danube Flottille is see as a different case because it was so small and had no one single stand out person, they were all of very low rank aswell.

Ok. That means for the time being I'm feel free to add the suggestions (yours suggestions) I deem are required.

For the new Austrian TTs let us see for next patch

Fine

I would add naval engineering to its list of specialty. That way Akers have only a few naval doctrine to research. One cannot eliminate all.

Not a very good solution. He won't be used at all. I suggest to have him at Skill 5 and chemistry+management. Yes this would be the same as Norsk Hydro, but two good industrial TT is OK. Otherwise there is no niche for Odd Hassel.
Also note that with skill 6 or 7 he will be a carrier and turbo jet team (anything which doesn't have any of its components matched would be researched by the highest skilled team. Carrier doctrines are such, rocketry also.)

No need. They are fine at skill 5 and 6 with just math as specialty.

I'm fine with this judgement. If this is the final consensus I will code the teams accordingly.

For the new Austrian TTs let us see for next patch

Yeah, I'm sorry I never stated that. For quite awhile now I have been assuming they were for 1.2, I didn't know we were still making 1.1 until a few days ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.