• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about Higgins however, is they didn't make ships. They made the Higgins Boat, which was the boat used to transport infantry onto a shore. They should NEVER be as effective a Naval TT as something like the New York Naval Yard.
Higgins only fits marine research. Nothing else. It is not a navy TT.

Austria:

bhi_pioniere_01.jpg

Name: Österreichischen Donauflottille
Skill: 2
Traits: Naval Training, Seamanship and Small Taskforce Tactics
Years Active: 1930-1970

Higgins only fits marine research. Nothing else. It is not a navy TT.

Ok, I misunderstood your post.:eek:o

It is a well designed set of TT for USA, I was not able to come up with a more sensible one (one where Harmon-Herrington would be a mechanized/motorized team, while Detroit a tank team, and Springfield, Winchester an infantry and US ordnance an artillery team). However I might still try.

I know how you can do that.
Marmon-Herrington - replace technical efficiency with general equipment

US Army ordinance Corps - add electronics and chemistry, but drop its skill down to 6

This way Armalite/springfield are the best match for most infantry techs,
Marmon is best for mot/Mec techs, Detroit Tank Arsenal is the best for Armor, and US army ordinance corps is best for artillery techs. Tested it already.

Austria:

bhi_pioniere_01.jpg

Name: Österreichischen Donauflottille
Traits: Naval Training, Seamanship and Small Taskforce Tactics

Do you have any information about its size in the Interbellum ? I am searching for it for quite a while now.

Do you have any information about its size in the Interbellum ? I am searching for it for quite a while now.

http://militaryhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_final_end_of_the_austrian_navy

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96sterreichische_Marine#Schicksal_der_Donauflottille

If you could help me, finding a Czech Shipbuilding company has been hard. I don't have much knowledge of the language. Also, the name in Czech for the Elbe River Flottilla. I was going to propose the team, but i'm not sure of I should, as I mistakenly thought Czechoslovakia had access to the Danube. However, here is a picture for the Czech River Flottilla.

2n07y4i.jpg

Last edited:
After this, I feel Lux will be done...

Luxembourg

T_LUX_UsinedeRodange.bmp

Name: Usine de Rodange
Skill: 5
Traits: Industrial Efficiency and Chemistry

T_LUX_PaulWurthSA.bmp

Name: Paul Wurth S.A.
Skill: 4
Traits: Electricity and Mechanics
Years: 1930-1970

T_LUX_SOLA.bmp

Name: SOLA (Société Luxembourgeoise d'Armes S.A.)
Skill: 4
Traits: Artillery, General Equipment and Industrial Engineering
Years Active: 1952-1970

No very good Mathmatics Teams...

Last edited:
Hit a goldmine tonight, a site dealing with Middle Eastern Airforces!

Afghanistan:

20sd8c1.jpg

Name: Afghan Air Force
Skill: 1
Traits: Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Aeronautics and Mechanics
Notes: I am aware that this team has already been added however, it dosen't do justice to the situation. I suggest giving it the four specialties above. Also the current picture is of the Royal Standard that was on the Kings Plane, not a military Roundel. Try to get as much of the plane as you can, but focus on the tail and fuselage where the markings are.

Iraq:

j09pgo.jpg

Name: Royal Iraqi Air Force
Traits: Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Fighter Tactics, Bomber Tactics and Mechanics
Notes: The vanilla Paradox TT isn't well researched. I have added Aircraft Testing and Mechanics. I also have the picture to replace the Roundel. Get as much of the aircraft as you can, but focus on the tail and fuselage.

Persia:

15pfhx5.jpg

Name: Imperial Iranian Air Force
Traits: Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Fighter Tactics, Aeronautics and Mechanics
Notes: Persia didn't have an Air Doctrine team so here is one. Get as much of the plane as you can, but focus on the tail and fuselage, where the insignia is.

Saudi Arabia:

295d8cn.jpg

21jnm0y.jpg

Name: Royal Saudi Air Force
Traits: Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Aeronautics and Mechanics
Notes: They didn't have a doctrine team before. Try to use the first one, but if it cannot be made to look sufficiently antiquated then use the second one. For both focus on the Roundels, but for the first one get just the tail, so we can't see the museum, and the second get as much of the plane as you can but (i'm sure I'm a broken record) focus on the tail and fuselage.

Yemen

25q92qr.jpg

Name: Yemen Air Force
Traits: Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Aeronautics and Mechianics
Notes: They didn't have a doctrine team before. Try to focus on the middle of the image with the engine and mechanics.

Note, the names may be long, but they are the official english translation of the names as they were at the beginning of the game (1936). Sorry if I am bossy about the images, but I feel more important than the plane is the actual markings of the Airforce.

Last edited:

US Army ordinance Corps - add electronics and chemistry, but drop its skill down to 6

Done

Please note that US Army Ordnance Corps is already 6

"So what is your suggestion? Removing Ford, Marmon-Herrington, Christie and replace them with Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant?"

Well, Christie may be good for "what if fantasies," but if I had to drop an existing tech team, I'd drop him and replace him with the Detroit arsenal tank plant. If we do that, maybe DATP should get electronics added to its list of skills. And, if all of those specialties seem too unbalancing at skill 6, then drop them to a 5.

so remove team
101;Christie;T101;5;1930;1970;mechanics;artillery;technical_efficiency;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

and replace it with

101;Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant;T101;6;1941;1970;mechanics;industrial_engineering;technical_efficiency;artillery;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

done

CSA
Christine can be added as is. However it will make CSA tank development faster. As CSA is a non-historical state is is not much of a problem.
Stanford can be added too as suggested. I cannot asses its power as we do not know the tech tree in the '50s.

done

stanford already is a team for california

Austrian TT's:

Alexander Löhr: Fine.

Anselm Franz: Take away the Aeronautics and give him Technical Efficiency. He never worked directly on planes, only the Jet Engines.

Bruno Buchberger: He starts in 1965, and was born in 1942. I think he should be removed. The game ends before he can come into being.

Ok but then we need a replacement: Wolfgang Gröbner, same spicialities but skill 4 ot 5

ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Gröbner

pic http://www.ricam.oeaw.ac.at/specsem/srs/groeb/images/content/Groebner.jpg

pic http://www.payer.de/groebner.gif

Erwin Schrödinger: Move his end date to 1930-1961. He only left Austria because of the Anschluss in 1939, and returned after the war. He lever would have left if it wasn't for Anschluss. He died in 1961 in Vienna.

I'm not sure I can do it. Let's say, for example, that a player use the option take the tech teams. Can we consider him still present in Europe if AUstria is conquered?

If this is the idea we should lower the nuclear research skill in USA because many physicist would never emigrate there.

@All
Please let me know your opinion but bear in mind that we should be consistent.

Hirtenberger - Hopfner: Change it to Hirtenberger-Hopfner, no spaces between the - are needed. Here is a picture for them.
2qwlxyv.jpg

Bundesheer: Change to Österreichischen Bundesheer. Here is a picture.
bundesheer1.gif

Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte: Change to Österreichischen Luftstreitkräfte. Also, since Kauba had been added, there is no longer a need for another Aircraft team. Switch this team to Airdoctrines. Move date back to 1945-1970. Specialties of Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Fighter Tactics, Aeronautics and Engineering. Here is a picture.
2ilrae.jpg

Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik: Change back to Hirtenberger Patronenfabrik. Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik was a munitions camp run by the Nazi's in Austria after the Anschluss. Notice I said "camp", the factory was run using slave labour from concentration camps. Also go back to the old Vanilla Hirtenberger Photo (which I think sucks), or use their logo, which has been the same for many years. There are no photos.
downloadFrontendFEImage.do

Pintsch Bamag AG: Remove the AG, change to Pintsch-Bamag. Also give the team the specialties Electronics and Industrial Efficiency.

Willibald Jentschke: Replace with Georg Stetter. Give the same traits. Stetter was Jentschke's mentor, and was more influential. Here is a photo. He can start 1930-1970.
21eypfr.jpg

Done

PS

I will take the we off

Last edited:

This way Armalite/springfield are the best match for most infantry techs,
Marmon is best for mot/Mec techs, Detroit Tank Arsenal is the best for Armor, and US army ordinance corps is best for artillery techs. Tested it already.
With that Marmon-Herrington is exactly like Springfield.

The changes to US ordnance is great. It really makes it an artillery team. And it had skill 7 in the original file.

With that Marmon-Herrington is exactly like Springfield.

The changes to US ordnance is great. It really makes it an artillery team. And it had skill 7 in the original file.

Didn't realize that Springfield had additional traits now.
As things stand, Springfield is best for MOT/MEC with Marmon second best. I'm okay with that. If we dropped Mechanics from Springfield, it would no longer be the best choice for researching INF, MTN, and PAR techs, as those techs require mechanics.

US ordinance hasn't gained the new traits in the latest update.
I think it should gain electronics and chemistry, but drop to skill 5. That way it becomes the most logical tech team for researching artillery techs (until you get to the self propelled stuff), but it isn't a game breaker. It won't come close to being best American team for most infantry techs or the self propelled stuff.

134;US Army Ordnance Corps;T_USA_USArmyOrdnanceCorps;5;1930;1970;mechanics;artillery;general_equipment;electronics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

AUS
T_AUS_George_Stetter.bmp

My take at Stetter ;)
T_AUS_Donauflottille.bmp

CZE
T_CZE_RiverFlottila.bmp

LUX
T_LUX_UsinedeRodange.bmp

T_LUX_PaulWurthSA.bmp

T_LUX_SOLA.bmp

How do you like to rifle with the log in the back?

AFG
T_AFG_AfghanAirforce2.bmp

PER
T_PER_Airforce.bmp

YEM
T_YEM_Airforce.bmp

I do not like to cropped images of a plane's buttock...

Didn't realize that Springfield had additional traits now.
As things stand, Springfield is best for MOT/MEC with Marmon second best. I'm okay with that. If we dropped Mechanics from Springfield, it would no longer be the best choice for researching INF, MTN, and PAR techs, as those techs require mechanics.

US ordinance hasn't gained the new traits in the latest update.
I think it should gain electronics and chemistry, but drop to skill 5. That way it becomes the most logical tech team for researching artillery techs (until you get to the self propelled stuff), but it isn't a game breaker. It won't come close to being best American team for most infantry techs or the self propelled stuff.

134;US Army Ordnance Corps;T_USA_USArmyOrdnanceCorps;5;1930;1970;mechanics;artillery;general_equipment;electronics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

That's fine to me but please do not expect get it done before Monday. :)

If you could help me, finding a Czech Shipbuilding company has been hard.

The only larger Czechoslovak vessel 'President Masaryk' was built by Škoda in leased Komárno shipyard (Danube).

More data about the monitor:

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/czechoslovakia/cz_of_president_masaryk.htm

http://www.martinships.com/?lang=en&ship=President-Masaryk

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3564503&postcount=52

and the Komarno shipyard itself

http://www.slkb.sk/800/slk/eng.htm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phatcamper/3769077556/in/set-72157616366058795/

I don't have much knowledge of the language.

Neither do I, but I can understand some (similarities between some Slavic languages are rather large). Czch websides are a disappointment unfortunatelly and it is very hard to find anything about the navy.

Also, the name in Czech for the Elbe River Flottilla. I was going to propose the team, but i'm not sure of I should, as I mistakenly thought Czechoslovakia had access to the Danube. However, here is a picture for the Czech River Flottilla.

2n07y4i.jpg

It seems it was based in bratislava so was supposed to support ground forces in Danube area.

Persia:

15pfhx5.jpg

Name: Imperial Iranian Air Force
Traits: Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Fighter Tactics, Aeronautics and Mechanics
Notes: Persia didn't have an Air Doctrine team so here is one. Get as much of the plane as you can, but focus on the tail and fuselage, where the insignia is.

Actually Persian Air Force was substantially larger than in Afghanistan, Yemen etc. Also there was an aircraft company which assembled planes and perhaps even produced some trainers.

I will take care of Slovakia. Slovakian shipbuilding company is a nice find, thanks Cegorach!

Status
Not open for further replies.