• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will catch up with the photos. Do not worry.

Edit: You do realise that all the TT's I suggested, I put photos with them? In this post you should see the photo of Otto Kauba. And I put a picture up for the Lux team....

Sorry Kunadem for making you do all my work!! You do a great job!

Yes I realize it but I guess that you realize as well I cannot use your pics because are not in the required format.

Please see here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10511854#post10511854 ?

It seems that Stalkov will help again.

Pics do be done

This post is for Stalkov because he offered to help. I'm posting here in order to keep you informed and to avoid a double work. Please feel free to amend/suggest what you deem.

SER and YUG - We need help on Serbian TT; Nedic and Mihailović
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10465695&postcount=13

AUS - We need help on all pics
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10511081&postcount=238
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10511116&postcount=239

LUX - We need help on this pic
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10509132&postcount=222

"So what is your suggestion? Removing Ford, Marmon-Herrington, Christie and replace them with Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant?"

Well, Christie may be good for "what if fantasies," but if I had to drop an existing tech team, I'd drop him and replace him with the Detroit arsenal tank plant. If we do that, maybe DATP should get electronics added to its list of skills. And, if all of those specialties seem too unbalancing at skill 6, then drop them to a 5.

so remove team
101;Christie;T101;5;1930;1970;mechanics;artillery;technical_efficiency;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

and replace it with

101;Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant;T101;6;1941;1970;mechanics;industrial_engineering;technical_efficiency;artillery;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

"So what is your suggestion? Removing Ford, Marmon-Herrington, Christie and replace them with Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant?"

Well, Christie may be good for "what if fantasies," but if I had to drop an existing tech team, I'd drop him and replace him with the Detroit arsenal tank plant. If we do that, maybe DATP should get electronics added to its list of skills. And, if all of those specialties seem too unbalancing at skill 6, then drop them to a 5.

so remove team
101;Christie;T101;5;1930;1970;mechanics;artillery;technical_efficiency;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

and replace it with

101;Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant;T101;6;1941;1970;mechanics;industrial_engineering;technical_efficiency;artillery;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Could you please suggest to which rebel country we can assign the teams that we should remove?

Could you please suggest to which rebel country we can assign the teams that we should remove?

Christie lived in Virginia for much of the time frame, so he should be added to the Confederate states of America.

Austrian TT's:

Alexander Löhr: Fine.

Anselm Franz: Take away the Aeronautics and give him Technical Efficiency. He never worked directly on planes, only the Jet Engines.

Bruno Buchberger: He starts in 1965, and was born in 1942. I think he should be removed. The game ends before he can come into being.

Ok but then we need a replacement: Wolfgang Gröbner, same spicialities but skill 4 ot 5

ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Gröbner

pic http://www.ricam.oeaw.ac.at/specsem/srs/groeb/images/content/Groebner.jpg

pic http://www.payer.de/groebner.gif

Erwin Schrödinger: Move his end date to 1930-1961. He only left Austria because of the Anschluss in 1939, and returned after the war. He lever would have left if it wasn't for Anschluss. He died in 1961 in Vienna.

I'm not sure I can do it. Let's say, for example, that a player use the option take the tech teams. Can we consider him still present in Europe if AUstria is conquered?

If this is the idea we should lower the nuclear research skill in USA because many physicist would never emigrate there.

@All
Please let me know your opinion but bear in mind that we should be consistent.

Hirtenberger - Hopfner: Change it to Hirtenberger-Hopfner, no spaces between the - are needed. Here is a picture for them.
2qwlxyv.jpg

Bundesheer: Change to Österreichischen Bundesheer. Here is a picture.
bundesheer1.gif

Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte: Change to Österreichischen Luftstreitkräfte. Also, since Kauba had been added, there is no longer a need for another Aircraft team. Switch this team to Airdoctrines. Move date back to 1945-1970. Specialties of Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Fighter Tactics, Aeronautics and Engineering. Here is a picture.
2ilrae.jpg

Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik: Change back to Hirtenberger Patronenfabrik. Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik was a munitions camp run by the Nazi's in Austria after the Anschluss. Notice I said "camp", the factory was run using slave labour from concentration camps. Also go back to the old Vanilla Hirtenberger Photo (which I think sucks), or use their logo, which has been the same for many years. There are no photos.
downloadFrontendFEImage.do

Pintsch Bamag AG: Remove the AG, change to Pintsch-Bamag. Also give the team the specialties Electronics and Industrial Efficiency.

Willibald Jentschke: Replace with Georg Stetter. Give the same traits. Stetter was Jentschke's mentor, and was more influential. Here is a photo. He can start 1930-1970.
21eypfr.jpg

Ok

Christie lived in Virginia for much of the time frame, so he should be added to the Confederate states of America.

And Stanford to California I guess. Please note that I have added your name to the status with regards to CSA and California. Please feel free to make more suggestions.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures I was asked to make:

Serbia:

Milan Nedić
e57b9de3d032c20e7d3089ece4df8.bmp

Draža Mihailović
55d174c839357fd7b119ff6c0801d.bmp

Or this one which has a better quality but his head is slightly cut off:
ba7edea924ddc02f69b40bce49a07.bmp

AUS:

Daimler
f0104bc945bbc0ebb29df58ef9338.bmp

GOCH
05e73ef75e50cfc16f14ea39025d6.bmp

Hirtenberger - Hopfner
18d122f0085c1a3e044c498725bd6.bmp

Kurt Gödel
812d9f9e61e35cda267995cf3aec8.bmp

Bundesheer
5fcd18f3de267c0adafe9674dfdac.bmp

Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte
7b8583c317516855c40232f12c91c.bmp

Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik
92a422a798d977a5c4576fdc307ea.bmp

Puch
a1b3dbb4d73f30195c8633ba0cf11.bmp

Mauser
71fa4507a4976883863eb35a101d9.bmp

Willibald Jentschke
09027139bd4578f3b7d76a2319133.bmp

Otto Kauba
736297c52b6720209508952983a46.bmp

LUX:

Lëtzebuerger Arméi Arsenal
5427b314c906fda3a97091a5e9ad5.bmp

If there is something wrong with the pictures, just tell me.
Also, if you need more help with other pictures, don't hesitate to ask me, just send me a private message with the pictures to convert and I will do it asap.

Yes I realize it but I guess that you realize as well I cannot use your pics because are not in the required format.

Okay, I realize that. We had a little misunderstanding. Many of the pictures I rehosted, because the origionals were very large. When I rehosted them, they sometimes were rather slow to appear on the page, and I was worried that for you they were not showing up at all.

Bruno Buchberger: He starts in 1965, and was born in 1942. I think he should be removed. The game ends before he can come into being.

Ok but then we need a replacement: Wolfgang Gröbner, same spicialities but skill 5.
pic http://www.ricam.oeaw.ac.at/specsem/srs/groeb/images/content/Groebner.jpg
[/url]

Sounds good to me.:)

I'm not sure I can do it. Let's say, for example, that a player use the option take the tech teams. Can we consider him still present in Europe if AUstria is conquered?

If this is the idea we should lower the nuclear research skill in USA because many physicist would never emigrate there.

@All
Please let me know your opinion but bear in mind that we should be consistent.

How about we make two teams for him. He ends in 1939, but then comes back again in 1956-1961. We can use the same traits skill and picture.

Here are the pictures I was asked to make:AUS:

Daimler
GOCH
Hirtenberger - Hopfner
Kurt Gödel
Bundesheer
Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte
Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik
Puch

Mauser
71fa4507a4976883863eb35a101d9.bmp

Willibald Jentschke
Otto Kauba

LUX:

Lëtzebuerger Arméi Arsenal

If there is something wrong with the pictures, just tell me.
Also, if you need more help with other pictures, don't hesitate to ask me, just send me a private message with the pictures to convert and I will do it asap.

You do a very nice job aswell. However, can the rifle for Steyr be put diagonally, that is how most of the others like that are doen, and it can then be larger.

Also, can you redo this image, for Sergei Gorshkov. Kunadem did a good job, but I don't think the background should be removed. You can make two, one for the USSR aswell.

AdGorshkovPort.jpg

Also, is someone going to rename the pictures when they are put into the game. Like Jentschke should be AUS_Willibald_Jentscke or something?

How about we make two teams for him. He ends in 1939, but then comes back again in 1956-1961. We can use the same traits skill and picture.

I'm fine with that but I hope that some modder will make an event in order to prevent this in case of Austria is nazi

Also, is someone going to rename the pictures when they are put into the game. Like Jentschke should be AUS_Willibald_Jentscke or something?

Unfortunately this is what I have to do when the naming conventions are not respected. ;)

I'm fine with that but I hope that some modder will make an event in order to prevent this in case of Austria is nazi.

Well, I suppose we could just have him leave in 1939. I wish others would give their opinions aswell.

You do a very nice job aswell. However, can the rifle for Steyr be put diagonally, that is how most of the others like that are doen, and it can then be larger.

Also, can you redo this image, for Sergei Gorshkov. Kunadem did a good job, but I don't think the background should be removed. You can make two, one for the USSR aswell.

AdGorshkovPort.jpg

Here is the new picture for Steyer:
e2e069ad454e2d53a72119314bdab.bmp

And for Sergei Gorshkov: (I don't know exactly what you meant by "background should be removed", is this what you wanted ?)
ab809b388e42ad7344fef4c73ce81.bmp

Regarding the naming convention, I could rename accordingly the pictures I made and upload them as a .zip if nobody has done it yet. Just keep me posted.

Here is the new picture for Steyer:
e2e069ad454e2d53a72119314bdab.bmp

And for Sergei Gorshkov: (I don't know exactly what you meant by "background should be removed", is this what you wanted ?)
ab809b388e42ad7344fef4c73ce81.bmp

No, you did it good. I meant the background shouldn't be removed, and you left it. Kunadem did a fine job, but he removed the sailors in the background, which I felt looked odd.

Here is his:
T_UKR_Sergei_Gorshkov.bmp

Also with George Stetter, can you make one without his head squished? It's nice to have the whole face in, but I'd rather chop the top of his head off or something then squish it, because it looks odd.

I don't mean to be picky, so if you don't wan't to do it you don't have to.

Last edited:
Also with George Stetter, can you make one without his head squished? It's nice to have the whole face in, but I'd rather chop the top of his head off or something then squish it, because it looks odd.

I don't mean to be picky, so if you don't wan't to do it you don't have to.

No don't worry, you are right. It does look odd. Here is another picture:

7ef86641a87739530d72a11cd36b5.bmp

Unfortunately, I can't make his whole face fit in. Maybe someone else could try to make a better picture.

Cardus asked me to have my opinion on the USA tech teams, especially about tanks.
I agree that Christine is a fantasy team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Walter_Christie

Also Detroit arsenal is a must. It produced the Sherman (along other firms not represented in the game), the emblematic tank of the US forces in WWII. I agree that Detroit should replace Christine. Skill 5 as is now for Christine.
Industrial engineering does not make any difference and looks odd on a tank team anyway. Skill 6 would just increase the speed of research but would not extend it usefulness. However USA at the moment on average is better at researching tanks than the SOV, no need to increase it any further.
It is a well designed set of TT for USA, I was not able to come up with a more sensible one (one where Harmon-Herrington would be a mechanized/motorized team, while Detroit a tank team, and Springfield, Winchester an infantry and US ordnance an artillery team). However I might still try.

Suggestions:
Extend Higgins Industries to 1952. Higgins died that year. And with that he could research all the available marine stuff. Please note, research won't be any quicker by it. New York Naval yard is as good as Higgins. Higgins Industries went out of business after the war, hence the original '46 end date. However would the war be longer, it would surely remained in business.

CSA
Christine can be added as is. However it will make CSA tank development faster. As CSA is a non-historical state is is not much of a problem.
Stanford can be added too as suggested. I cannot asses its power as we do not know the tech tree in the '50s.

Last edited:
7ef86641a87739530d72a11cd36b5.bmp

Unfortunately, I can't make his whole face fit in. Maybe someone else could try to make a better picture.

I think it is a good picture, there are some other TT's I know where the whole face couldn't fit in, but I think that is better then distorting the image.

Maybe others don't feel this way, IDK.

Suggestions:
Extend Higgins Industries to 1952. Higgins died that year. And with that he could research all the available marine stuff. Please note, research won't be any quicker by it. New York Naval yard is as good as Higgins. Higgins Industries went out of business after the war, hence the original '46 end date. However would the war be longer, it would surely remained in business.

One thing about Higgins however, is they didn't make ships. They made the Higgins Boat, which was the boat used to transport infantry onto a shore. They should NEVER be as effective a Naval TT as something like the New York Naval Yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.