• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on the team but USA is plenty of teams. Texas, California, etc are not been considered so far. Regarding the skill I guess that you would recognize that WWII USA tanks were a little bit crappy. In my personal scale I would assign 9 to SOV, 8 to GER, 6 to Allies.

USA must have plenty of teams, more then they probably deserve....

However, I think German tanks should at least be equal to the Soviets. And France and GB a cut about the US. Italy and Japan a 5.

But as time went on the Allies as a whole really stepped up the quality of tanks they had.

Could you please speed up? It seems that we must deliver sooner than later

Well, considering that despite having old aircrafts etc, the Greep pilots were considered to be good ones,and teh fact that it was not about bombers but fighters etc, I would suggest:

Sxoli Ikaron:
2q8vsbs.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q8vsbs.jpg

Skill 4
Specialities: fighter_tactics, piloting, centralized_execution

Alexandros Zannas:
2relbiq.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2relbiq.jpg
Skill 3
Specialities: aircraft_testing, combined_arms_focus

Both should be 1936-end
By the way, I couldn't find a photo of Alexandros Zannas, the photo I have posted is of another (unknown) Greek Pilot during WW2...

Last edited:
Uhhh.

Do it like everyone else does it. Fill out this form:

Name of TT:
Skill of TT:
Traits of TT:
Years active for TT (from 1930-1970):

Lastly, why should we include this TT, and why have you assigned the skill and traits you have? Why does it deserve them, and why does it deserve to be included in the mod?

Well, considering that despite having old aircrafts etc, the Greep pilots were considered to be good ones,and teh fact that it was not about bombers but fighters etc, I would suggest:

Sxoli Ikaron:
Skill 4
Specialities: fighter_tactics, piloting, centralized_execution

Alexandros Zannas:
Skill 3
Specialities: aircraft_testing, combined_arms_focus

As mentioned above please post your suggestions as required

Sorry, somehow missed this post:

Name of TT: Sxoli Ikaron (or AFS if name is too big)
Skill of TT: 4
Traits of TT: fighter_tactics, piloting, centralized_execution
Years active for TT (from 1930-1970): 1931-1970

Sxoli Ikaron has been the main military airforce training school of Greece, since its establishment into 1931. (it was also the only during this period). Being the pilot training school, it was also the one that did teach about doctrines etc. I suggest a skill of 4, since Greece had a well trained airforce which performed astonishingly well during ww2, despite being heavily outnumbered and having really old equipment, This was mostly due to its pilots.
The traits I suggest are fighter_tactics, piloting because Greece didn't go really for bombers but had clearly a defensive airforce, which managed to keep away Italian Bombers quite well. Also Centralised_execution , because due to the really low number of planes Greece owned at that time, most operations were ordered and executed centrally, to bring in as much firepower as possible. I believe it should be in AOD since Greece doesn't have another air-doctrine team and this is the main for this period (still active now).

Name of TT: Alexandros Zannas
Skill of TT: 3 or 2
Traits of TT: aircraft_testing, combined_arms_focus
Years active for TT (from 1930-1970): 1930- ??? (I don't know exact deathdate, but he was already in position in 1915, and also was an experienced pilot by 1935, so I would assume somewher around 1945-1955 (couldn't find the info).

Main reason I propose this tech team is the suggestion to include 2 air-doctrines for Greece as for other countries. Alexandros Zannas was the one who re-organised the Greek Airforce and prepared it for the fight of WW2, with relative success. I suggest he is skilled 3 or 2 since he was not that great or famous... Suggested traits are: aircraft_testing (he was one of the first to ever fly any planes in Greece and tried a lot in General) and combined_arms_focus (he took part in the Balcan force as part of the newly created Greek Airforce, which main role was to help the infantry through recognition missions and some bombing.

P.S. Let me know if the photos are not ok (size etc), perhaps I can find some more....

USA must have plenty of teams, more then they probably deserve....

However, I think German tanks should at least be equal to the Soviets. And France and GB a cut about the US. Italy and Japan a 5.

But as time went on the Allies as a whole really stepped up the quality of tanks they had.

As I mentioned above I think that Germans were not at the same level of Soviets on tanks. I think that you can easily check that: T34 was by far better than the PZKV4. More easy to build, to maintain, to drive, etc. Very difficult to destroy and so on. Panther and Tiger were not that much good. This is an opinion and I would not enter in a discussion about that but I would step in regarding the USA skills on that tech. 6 should be fair enough because the first tanks were crappy (hence USA deserves not more than 4) and afterwards the tech improved but it remained quite behind.

Last edited:
Name of TT: Sxoli Ikaron

P.S. Let me know if the photos are not ok (size etc), perhaps I can find some more....

You did very nice job filling out the form, great work explaining them!:cool: I think both sound good, Since Zannas will only have two specialties, I think a skill 3 will be okay.

Personally I think the pictures are a bit un focused, at least the one of Zannas. Also they arn't very "Greek". They look like Spitfires, and have RAF markings (I know both Greek and British used the roundels, and I can't tell what colours they are.)?

Other then that, good work.:)

Also, I have a proposal. Assuming we won't be able to find a Naval TT to go after von Trapp, I think having the Austrian Danube Flotilla as a TT would be a decent idea? Yesterday before my compter crashed I had found a site that was about it and the Czech Danube Flottila. It had some nice pictures! If I can find it again do you guys think these two teams would be a good idea?

I would be interested as well I have found dozens of images with river ships ( I am planning to add a brigade to reflect activities of such units - only for non-AI) and something more with Czechoslovakian flotilla would be nice.

Right now the best thing about such vessels I have is this:

http://www.rzeczna2004.republika.pl/

Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
Perhaps retiring him at 75 would make more sense though.

Agreed.

As for the Communist/Non-Communist nations, For Un-Historical Nations, I can see the two separate tags, but for Historical nations, I think only one nation is needed. Idk, it's a difficult question.

It is tricky for sure. The best solution ould be to have at least one event covering the changes.
In my pack for COE I made a simplified chain to reflect some most important events covering the process in Poland (about 12 events altogether) - sleeping and waking teams, sleeping leaders and ministers etc.
Gradually, year after year to 1950 when the process of establishing stalinist system was finished (lasted another 5-6 years).
I didn't continue beyound 1953 though so no 1956 October, no Poznan 1956, no reactions to Hungarian Uprising etc.

But at least ONE event should eventually be implemented, after all previous patches added such changes...

I can easily cover Poland. I would simply alter some prepared teams and it is done.
I just want to know what is expected - how many teams can I add. Some of those from stalinist period were renamed (usully something with Stalin, Lenin or other genius was added just like everywhere in EE) teams from pre-war Poland so in such cases it wouldn't make much sense, but some changes are critical.

You did very nice job filling out the form, great work explaining them!:cool: I think both sound good, Since Zannas will only have two specialties, I think a skill 3 will be okay.

Personally I think the pictures are a bit un focused, at least the one of Zannas. Also they arn't very "Greek". They look like Spitfires, and have RAF markings (I know both Greek and British used the roundels, and I can't tell what colours they are.)?

I agree. I'm going to code them. Please note that many pics are missed. I need some help on that.

I can easily cover Poland. I would simply alter some prepared teams and it is done.
I just want to know what is expected - how many teams can I add. Some of those from stalinist period were renamed (usully something with Stalin, Lenin or other genius was added just like everywhere in EE) teams from pre-war Poland so in such cases it wouldn't make much sense, but some changes are critical.

You can add as many teams as you like.

Please note that many pics are missed. I need some help on that.

For Austria I'm stuck with what's remaining. There just isn't anything...

For Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemiker all I can find is their current logo.
For Hirtenberger-Hopfner I put up that picture of the plane.
For Multimac I keep getting told that I am looking for Multimag? There is a Multimac that makes car seats for Babies, and Multimag is something from Belgium?
For Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte, just didn't find anything that seemes good, and I was hoping Otto Kauba could replace them. They didn't really develop their own planes.
For Magna, I didn't bother looking, what is the point of the team, 1969-1970? Thats only one year, one year the game dosen't cover.

Well. both were taken from the site of Sxoli Ikaron (in the history page) so I assume they were Greek (Greece used a lot of ex-raf planes during ww2, some spitfires, gladiators etc...) (As said the badge of the Royal Hellenic Air Force had roundels too, blue and white...).

Anyway, as I said I can't seem to find any real photo of Alexanedros Zannas, so here are some of other Greek pilots in uniform instead (could be used in his place):

wqzfqc.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/wqzfqc.jpg

2009ses.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2009ses.jpg

As for the other techteam, I am searching right now, would it be better a photo concentrating on people (showing the pilots who finished) or planes?

EDIT:

33aatc7.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/33aatc7.jpg

292pd0j.gif

http://i49.tinypic.com/292pd0j.gif

Last edited:
For Austria I'm stuck with what's remaining. There just isn't anything...

For Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemiker all I can find is their current logo.
For Hirtenberger-Hopfner I put up that picture of the plane.
For Multimac I keep getting told that I am looking for Multimag? There is a Multimac that makes car seats for Babies, and Multimag is something from Belgium?
For Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte, just didn't find anything that seemes good, and I was hoping Otto Kauba could replace them. They didn't really develop their own planes.
For Magna, I didn't bother looking, what is the point of the team, 1969-1970? Thats only one year, one year the game dosen't cover.

Please find below the pics and the proposals
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10467236&postcount=28
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10476205&postcount=64

So, about Greek teams pictures:

1) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10485141&postcount=95 has pics for the following (in order):
"Evelpidon Military Academy" (Evelpidon):
"Greek Powder and Catridge Company " (Pyrkal):
"Hellenic Naval Academy": (with problem)
"Hellenic Telecommunicatio Organisation" (OTE):
"Royal Hellenic Naval Shipyard": (with problem)

The "Hellenic Naval Academy" and "Royal Hellenic Naval Shipyard are fixed here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10494437&postcount=124

About Alexandros Zannas and Sxoli Ikaron, my suggestions are above.

I don't think there is anything else missing (except for "National and Kapodistrian University of Athens" which you said you shall not code as to the one-university-per-country)

If I am mistakening, let me know and I shall find one soon.

Okay, you coded Multimatic as Multimac.

I suggest the TT be removed. The comany was founded in Canada. It has some contacts with Steyr, which is already a TT.

Multimatic and Magna are the same company, and I don't feel they have sufficient relation to Austria. The guy who founded it was an An Austro-Canadian who moved to Canada when he was 14. If anything this should be a Canadian TT.

I don't know what you want me to do about the second link...

Anyway, as I said I can't seem to find any real photo of Alexanedros Zannas, so here are some of other Greek pilots in uniform instead (could be used in his place)...

I don't like the idea of inserting pictures of someone else. I saw a picture of him on the Greek Airforce Site.

As for the other techteam, I am searching right now, would it be better a photo concentrating on people (showing the pilots who finished) or planes?
33aatc7.jpg

I like that picture.

I don't like the idea of inserting pictures of someone else. I saw a picture of him on the Greek Airforce Site.

I guess you are talking about that picture:
qyeq8h.gif

http://i47.tinypic.com/qyeq8h.gif
(found it after posting here).

The problem is that he is one of the guys in the back, so I don't think it is really good either...

Anyway, I will keep searching, maybe I can find something else cause I don't like using someone's else picture too...

P.S. I liked the same photo too for Sxoli Ikaron

Last edited:
Okay, you coded Multimatic as Multimac.

I suggest the TT be removed. The comany was founded in Canada. It has some contacts with Steyr, which is already a TT.

Multimatic and Magna are the same company, and I don't feel they have sufficient relation to Austria. The guy who founded it was an An Austro-Canadian who moved to Canada when he was 14. If anything this should be a Canadian TT.

Removed
I don't know what you want me to do about the second link...
Anything. I have just linked my two posts on Austria

Sorry, somehow missed this post:

Name of TT: Sxoli Ikaron (or AFS if name is too big)
Skill of TT: 4
Traits of TT: fighter_tactics, piloting, centralized_execution
Years active for TT (from 1930-1970): 1931-1970

Skill of TT: 3 or 2
Traits of TT: aircraft_testing, combined_arms_focus
Years active for TT (from 1930-1970): 1930- ??? (I don't know exact deathdate, but he was already in position in 1915, and also was an experienced pilot by 1935, so I would assume somewher around 1945-1955 (couldn't find the info).

Coded as follow
Code:
1511;Sxoli Ikaron;;4;1930;1970;fighter_tactics;piloting;centralized_execution;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1512;Alexandros Zannas;;3;1930;1945;aircraft_testing;combined_arms_focus;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

I made an error on Krauss- Maffei. It did produce vehicles for Germany in ww2. Drop its start date to 1940.

For Ger

40;Krauss-Maffei;T40;8;1940;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

T40.jpg

alternatively
5-copie-3.jpg

or

logo_100x45_kraussmaffei_527.jpg

41;Lürssen;T41;5;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;electronics;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

T41.jpg

alternatively
Luerssen%20Logo.bmp

for DFR

7018;Krauss-Maffei;T40;7;1940;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
7019;Lürssen;T41;5;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;electronics;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

done

Last edited:
Well, I provided you with sources. And IMO logos are much prettier than images, because the available space is so limited.

Code:
3009;Iscor Ltd;iscor;5;1930;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;mechanics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

"1927: "Pact" government creates South Africa Iron and Steel Corporation (Iscor), which becomes the dominant steel producer in the country; Iscor begins construction of the Pretoria steel mill. Iscor began building its own steelworks in Pretoria, and by 1934 had started production, becoming the chief supplier of rails for South Africa's rapidly expanding railroad network. At the same time, Iscor started its own mining operation in Thabazimbi in order to supply its own iron ore. The operation quickly proved an expensive endeavor, particularly against the group's larger and more efficient foreign competitors. To cut costs, the government relaxed the group's employment requirements, allowing Iscor to take on an unskilled black workforce paid at much lower rates.

Iscor quickly ramped up production and by 1935 was already providing for more than 17 percent of South Africa's steel needs. The company was later to benefit from a heightening degree of government protection, restricting imported steel while favoring Iscor's own later moves into the export markets. "

Code:
3010;University of the Witwatersrand;witwaterstrand;5;1930;1970;mathematics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x;

Self-explanatory. South Africa doesn't have a mathematics team.

Code:
3011;ESCOM;escom;5;1948;1970;electronics;nuclear_engineering;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Biggest energy supplier in South Africa. Built also the only Nuclear power plant in the African continent. South Africa doesn't have a nuke team.

Code:
3012;Simon's Town Dockyard;simonstown;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;naval_artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

South Africa doesn't have a naval team.

"Simon's Town activity followed much the some pattern in the Second World War as it did in the First. In the early stages of the war it was the assembly base for the skips engaged in the rounding up of the few German ships in the southern oceans, the most important of which was the Graf Spee. There followed other heavily armed raiders disguised as merchant ships, including the Atlantis which laid mines off Cape Agulhas and elsewhere. They operated with considerable success but were eventually intercepted and sunk by ships based at Simon's Town."

Code:
3013;Armscor;armscor;6;1948;1970;general_equipment;training;artillery;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
The most important SA weapons supplier during the post-war era. SA doesn't have a general equipment team.

"ARMSCOR, the Armaments Corporation of South Africa, was established to meet South Africa's needs for armaments and related products and services. The Corporation has roots going back to 1948 and dates from 1977, when the South African Armaments Board and the Armaments Development Corporation were amalgamated. Five years later, ARMSCOR began to market South African products abroad, having proved that many were unique and provided superior solutions for a wide range of needs."

Implemented as follows

Code:
3009;Iscor Ltd;;5;1930;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;mechanics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3010;University of the Witwatersrand;;4;1930;1970;mathematics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3011;ESCOM;;5;1948;1970;electronics;nuclear_engineering;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3012;Simon's Town Dockyard;;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;naval_artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3013;Armscor;;5;1948;1970;general_equipment;training;artillery;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Please note that the skill for the University is 4 and for Armscor is 5. Please let me know whether you agree or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.