• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you
@Manfred
Could you please provide some more insights about the strating date?

Please see the link(s) I posted. The name Armscor is recent (1977), but the corporation goes all the way back to 1948.

"In October 1948 an Advisory Committee on Union Defence Force Equipment Requirements was appointed. This date may therefore be regarded as the beginning of the Armaments Corporation of South Africa (Armscor) as it is known today."

Luxembourg:

2pq19j7.jpg

Name: Lëtzebuerger Arméi Arsenal
Skill: 3
Traits: Artillery, General Equipment and Training.
Years active: 1930-1970

Well, for most of it's history, the Luxembourger Army procured it's weapons and equipment abroad.
During the years preceeding WWII, it contracted about 1000 Swedish Mausers from... Sweden.
I gave it Artillery because it procured all of it's weapons abroad, General Equipment because alot of the more military specific equipment was also puchased abroad, and Training because it (the Barracks/Arsenal) also trained and drilled the soldiers.
So it's not a Arsenal in the sense that it makes it's own Guns and Ammo, but in that it was the place where all of this was stored and tested. I gave a Skill 3 because it bought some quality stuff, but this could be lowered to a skill 2 if people think this is too powerful.

Also, William Kroll (a Vanilla TT) needs to have the trait Nuclear Physics removed. I did some research, and he never did anything related to Nuclear studies. However, he needs to be given Industrial Engineering, and Management. And I feel his skill should be raised to 7. The metalurgical processes used by the world today, were invented by him. So this isn't merely a case of he was good at something, but that he actually invented it. If he were a TT for Germany he would be a skill 9.

The TT Arbed should be changed to ARBED, because it was a synonym.

Also, I looked for some more possible teams for this nation, and hit a goldmine, a French goldmine. This site has every singlle industry/company that was ever in Luxembourg. If someone who can read the language can read it, and suggest some of the better sounding companies I'd be gratefull.

http://www.industrie.lu/

Last edited:
Please see the link(s) I posted. The name Armscor is recent (1977), but the corporation goes all the way back to 1948.

"In October 1948 an Advisory Committee on Union Defence Force Equipment Requirements was appointed. This date may therefore be regarded as the beginning of the Armaments Corporation of South Africa (Armscor) as it is known today."

I know but I'm not sure that we can set the starting date back in 1948

I know but I'm not sure that we can set the starting date back in 1948
Considering that very few tech have dates that late, it is OK. Won't give too much boost to SAF's research.

Added the picture to my post.

21odg2.jpg

Name: Otto Kauba
Skill: 5
Traits: Aeronautics, Artillery, Chemistry, Technical Efficiency and Rocketry.
Years Active: 1930-1970

Added traits to Kauba:
Aeronautics: He designed Planes.
Artillery: Some of his planes were Fighters, with MG's.
Chemistry: I think this goes along with Rocketry.
Technical Efficiency: Another one of those tratis that goes with Airplane developers.
Rocketry: He designed a Rocket Fighter, and a flying Bomb.

Considering that very few tech have dates that late, it is OK. Won't give too much boost to SAF's research.

Ok, but I prefer having a real/historical team. I will not remove it but I would be happier with a replacement.

USA
T_USA_DetroitArsenal.bmp

T_USA_Stanford.bmp

NASA will be done later.

GER
T_GER_Lurssen.bmp

T_GER_Krauss-Maffei.bmp

DFR
T_GER_Krauss-Maffei.bmp

South Africa
T_SAF_SimonsTownDockyard.bmp

Escom
T_SAF_ESCOM.bmp

University
T_SAF_UniversityWitwatersrand.bmp

Iscor: I was not able to get an old picture for it.
Armscor: No picture of the factory. However we can use one of their product. Unfortunately most that google spits out are recent development and not Cold War era. Do anyone know a model which was used then?

Iscor (now AcelorMittal) gave me an idea. It has a phillipine branch. That can be used as a TT for PHI.

Thanks for the pics. :)

Proposal for Greek tech team that will replace Alexandro Zanna:

Name of TT: STYA (Sxoli Texnikon Ypaxiomatikon Aeroporias - School of Technical Officers of Airforce)
Skill of TT: 3
Traits of TT: aircraft_testing, electronics
Years active for TT (from 1930-1970): 1949-end

(First of all, I would suggest extending Zanna to 1948 or 1949, since we don't know exact death so there is no 4 year gap in htese 2...
done

Now, this is another school of airforce in Greece, aimed in more "technological" parts of the flying process, established in 1949. I suggest skill 3 since in teh beginning they were not that efficient (Greece was destroyed by the civil war, and these "specialities" were something new for teh Greek army and airforce). Suggested traits are: electronices (due to the technical speciality of the school) and aircraft testing (they were the ones doing some testing for the technical parts etc).

I think as well as we did with Universities one school per country is fair enough

21odg2.jpg

Name: Otto Kauba
Skill: 5
Traits: Aeronautics, Artillery, Chemistry, Technical Efficiency and Rocketry.
Years Active: 1930-1970

Added traits to Kauba:
Aeronautics: He designed Planes.
Artillery: Some of his planes were Fighters, with MG's.
Chemistry: I think this goes along with Rocketry.
Technical Efficiency: Another one of those tratis that goes with Airplane developers.
Rocketry: He designed a Rocket Fighter, and a flying Bomb.

Added Skoda-Kauba Flugzeugbau from 1942

ref http://www.histaviation.com/Skoda-Kauba.html

Please note I'm missing the pic

Ok. You have done a very good job I trust you :)

Please let me know the end date for him

coded Giorgi Kvinitadze as follow
Code:
21011;Giorgi Kvinitadze;;3;1930;1945;centralised_execution;individual_courage;large_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Please let me know whether you are happy.

I need please the pic

Last edited:
Luxembourg:

2pq19j7.jpg

Name: Lëtzebuerger Arméi Arsenal
Skill: 3
Traits: Artillery, General Equipment and Training.
Years active: 1930-1970

Well, for most of it's history, the Luxembourger Army procured it's weapons and equipment abroad.
During the years preceeding WWII, it contracted about 1000 Swedish Mausers from... Sweden.
I gave it Artillery because it procured all of it's weapons abroad, General Equipment because alot of the more military specific equipment was also puchased abroad, and Training because it (the Barracks/Arsenal) also trained and drilled the soldiers.
So it's not a Arsenal in the sense that it makes it's own Guns and Ammo, but in that it was the place where all of this was stored and tested. I gave a Skill 3 because it bought some quality stuff, but this could be lowered to a skill 2 if people think this is too powerful.

Also, William Kroll (a Vanilla TT) needs to have the trait Nuclear Physics removed. I did some research, and he never did anything related to Nuclear studies. However, he needs to be given Industrial Engineering, and Management. And I feel his skill should be raised to 7. The metalurgical processes used by the world today, were invented by him. So this isn't merely a case of he was good at something, but that he actually invented it. If he were a TT for Germany he would be a skill 9.

The TT Arbed should be changed to ARBED, because it was a synonym.

Also, I looked for some more possible teams for this nation, and hit a goldmine, a French goldmine. This site has every singlle industry/company that was ever in Luxembourg. If someone who can read the language can read it, and suggest some of the better sounding companies I'd be gratefull.

http://www.industrie.lu/

Done but I miss the pic in the required format

Having read their bio I think they should not included at the moment.
The political changes in Easter Europe - as discussed by Cegorah - while needs to be addressed, requires events and such, and it should not be our goal at the moment.
Nedic lead the collaborative government of Serbia. And should be inclded in the Serbia TT, where he could replace Belgrade Mil. Acad. as the doctrine team with Skill 4 and the above specialty.

Mihailović actually opposed the Partisans. He would had been a prominent military figure if Yug continued as a monarchy/democracy. He could not be a TT in communist Yug alongside Tito.
Again I suggest including him in Serbia with SKill 4 and Specialty Small unit’s tactics, decentralised exec, training and infantry focus

Done. Added to both Serbia and Yugoslavia but pics are missed

Coded as follow

Code:
3814;Draža Mihailovic;;4;1930;1958;small_units_tactics;decentralized_execution;training;combined_arms_focus ;;individual_courage;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
3815;Milan Nedic;;4;1930;1952;large_units_tactics;centralized_execution;training;infantry_focus

Please let me know whether you are happy

Last edited:
Slovenia TT

Slovene Territorial Defense or Teritorialna Obramba Republike Slovenije
teritorialnaobrambarepu.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Before the modern armed forces today this system of defence was established as a response to soviet aggression during the cold war. If Slovenia got an earlier independence this system would have been setup earlier maybe during the end of ww2?

Decentralization, small unit tactics, individual courage, infantry focus and training.
Skill level 3 similar to the tec. team called ministry of defence
Starting year 1946 - 1970

Slovenske železnice or Slovenian Railways
slovenskeeleznice.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Not sure we can use this as a tec. team but the country has an 80 in infrastructure and strong industrial TT. I would be needing feedback for starting date and skill level.
Mechanics, electronics and management??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenske_železnice

Austrian TT's:

Alexander Löhr: Fine.

Anselm Franz: Take away the Aeronautics and give him Technical Efficiency. He never worked directly on planes, only the Jet Engines.

Bruno Buchberger: He starts in 1965, and was born in 1942. I think he should be removed. The game ends before he can come into being.

Daimler: Other then the picture, all is good. Here are two alternative photos:
2ebzku9.jpg
2mraa92.jpg

This is the PzKpfw Steyr ADGZ, developed by Austro-Daimler.

Erwin Schrödinger: Move his end date to 1930-1961. He only left Austria because of the Anschluss in 1939, and returned after the war. He lever would have left if it wasn't for Anschluss. He died in 1961 in Vienna. Also, switch back to the Vanilla Paradox photo for him. The one added is of poorer quality, and he is very young in that photo.

Georg von Trapp: Fine.

Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemiker: Change it to it's synonym GÖCH. Also, no image is to be found, so the logo will hav
e to be used.
90_goech_sw.gif

Hirtenberger - Hopfner: Change it to Hirtenberger-Hopfner, no spaces between the - are needed. Here is a picture for them.
2qwlxyv.jpg

Johann Kubena: I will deal with this guy later...;)

Julius Yllam: Fine.

Korneuburg Werft AG: Remove the AG, it isn't needed. Other then that, fine.

Kurt Gödel: Fine. I have a better picture though. The current one he is too young, still a student, I have one when he is a doctor.
aus_goedel_31082006_1155.jpg

Lothar Rendulic: This guy too, I will deal with later...

Bundesheer: Change to Österreichischen Bundesheer. Here is a picture.
bundesheer1.gif

Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte: Change to Österreichischen Luftstreitkräfte. Also, since Kauba had been added, there is no longer a need for another Aircraft team. Switch this team to Airdoctrines. Move date back to 1945-1970. Specialties of Piloting, Aircraft Testing, Fighter Tactics, Aeronautics and Engineering. Here is a picture.
2ilrae.jpg

Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik: Change back to Hirtenberger Patronenfabrik. Otto Eberhardt Patronenfabrik was a munitions camp run by the Nazi's in Austria after the Anschluss. Notice I said "camp", the factory was run using slave labour from concentration camps. Also go back to the old Vanilla Hirtenberger Photo (which I think sucks), or use their logo, which has been the same for many years. There are no photos.
downloadFrontendFEImage.do

Pintsch Bamag AG: Remove the AG, change to Pintsch-Bamag. Also give the team the specialties Electronics and Industrial Efficiency.

Puch: Fine. Here is a photo, get rid of the logo (it rhymes:D).
in71xc.jpg
24brfxk.jpg

Okay, two photos... The Soldiers are Austrian, they used the helmets from WWI. Believe it or not, both pictures are of the same vehicle, the ADMK "Mulus".

Steyr: Fine. Here is a different photo if one desires.
m95stutzen.jpg

Technische Universität Wien: Fine.

Willibald Jentschke: Replace with Georg Stetter. Give the same traits. Stetter was Jentschke's mentor, and was more influential. Here is a photo. He can start 1930-1970.
21eypfr.jpg

Well, this was alot of work, but other then some Doctrine Teams, Austria is Finished!:)

Last edited:
Added Skoda-Kauba Flugzeugbau from 1942
Please note I'm missing the pic.

Please rename to Otto Kauba. His working with Skoda was only because of WWII. He wouldn't have otherwise. 1942 is fine. I've put the pic up, but maybe it dosen't work? I'll upload it myself.:cool: Also, replace Chemistry with Mechanics.

2a69g2a.jpg

Done but I miss the pic in the required format

I don't know how to make them, and Kunadem does them quite well.:p

Edit: You do realise that all the TT's I suggested, I put photos with them? In this post you should see the photo of Otto Kauba. And I put a picture up for the Lux team....

Sorry Kunadem for making you do all my work!! You do a great job!

Last edited:
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I want to bring up the Detroit Arsenal Tank plant one more time.

While it's true that the USA has a lot of teams, they only have 2 or 3 teams that would be any good for armor research. All of them are somewhat dubious in this role. Chrysler's Tank production facility in Detroit was a major reason that Roosevelt could call Detroit "the arsenal of democracy." It just seems fitting to include it as a tech team in Arsenal of Democracy, given the game's name and the fact that the included teams are less historically accurate for this role.

Ford is better known for producing Jeeps and B-24s during World War two than tanks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ford_Motor_Company

Marmon-Herrington is better known for providing the US army with trucks than tanks. To my knowledge it played no role in developing tanks. It did collaborate on a halftrack with Ford.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmon-Herrington

None of Christie's designs were ever mass produced in the united states.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Christie

So, I'll propose it once more, with some revisions:

147;Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant;T147;6;1941;1970;mechanics;industrial_engine ering;technical_efficiency;artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Please keep in mind that this one plant produced almost as many tanks as the United Kingdom or Germany did in the war. It was later home to the army's Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center.
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/legacies/MI/200003172.html

Here is Kunadam's picture for the team:
T_USA_DetroitArsenal.bmp

The Stanford Research Institute may be a tech team too many for the USA, but it should be used as a Californian tech team. I don't know where the CAL id's stop, so I've used question marks in that part of the code.

???;Stanford Research Institute;T???;8;1954;1970;electronics;mathematics ;management;chemistry;industrial_engineering;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Some of their developments: bit-mapped displays, collaboration software, hypertext, the computer mouse, liquid crystal display technology, the first mobile robot that could reason about its actions, and first all magnetic digital computer. Particularly awesome is Arpanet, the world's first electronic computer network. They also developed things like malaria treatments and even helped Walt Disney plan and run Disneyland.

Kunadam's pic for the team
T_USA_Stanford.bmp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.