+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: The adventures of Colonel Blimp - a Kaiserreich AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV

This is a truly outstanding AAR and I loved the latest update even if I did groan slightly when I read the words 'World Cup'. I'll go hide now shall I?

Anyway I'd like to see Japan vs Mittelafrika if it's at all possible, Goering vs Imperial Japan should provide levels of insanity fitting for this AAR.

Back from the dead FlyingDutchie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    I can't wait by the way. An all British final must be in the offing!
    Who knows. It would make for a nice story, but English teams do have the tendency to implode .

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar155 View Post
    I was stunned when i realised all the references to british comedy still awesome though
    Guess this AAR could aso be known as: Dutchie shamelessly ripps of British comedy .

Quote Originally Posted by El Pip View Post
    This could be interesting as it appears most of the national managers are of the Saddam school of player motivation!

Still at least the ref will know if someone goes down they wont be faking an injury, I'm expecting violence and plenty of it as players literally play for their lives.
    Yup. Fair play is rather low on the to-do list of most teams. However, going as far as Uday Hussein will probably break some forum rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    In Flashie we trust!
    Here, here...

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    I FINALLY got to watch the movie. It's so damn awesome.
    Haven't found it myself yet. Mostly based Blimp off the WW2 cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang View Post
    This is a truly outstanding AAR and I loved the latest update even if I did groan slightly when I read the words 'World Cup'. I'll go hide now shall I?

Anyway I'd like to see Japan vs Mittelafrika if it's at all possible, Goering vs Imperial Japan should provide levels of insanity fitting for this AAR.
    Sorry, World Cup fever is reaching epidemic levels .

I hope to have the first match monday (depending how the Dutch team performs).
    Current work: The Sons of Castille - a Castille CK 2 AAR, The German Empire during the 2nd Weltkrieg - A Kaiserreich DH AAR

Some old (and sadly abandoned) works:
    The plot against Britain - a Kaiserreich mystery,Reconquista! - the exploits of the House Barcelona ,A Short History of the German Empire
    Assorted trophies: - Fan of the week (4-4-2010) - WritAAR of the week (18-10-2009) - Character writer of the week, (25-10-2009), - Character writer of the week (23-5-2010) - Joined first place AARland choice Favorite Comedy AAR 2009 (Q4) - Character writer of the week (11-4-2010) - Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomenesss

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Dude, World Cup is becoming Epidemic? I live in Brazil!
    Anyway, In our Lovely Colonel's Universe, Brazil is SyNdIeZ? And when is he coming to South America? *-*
    "When something is unbelievable when I'm not able to believe how unbelievably unbelievable
    That you believe you could not be-lievable
    That's when I have to say
    WOW
    "
    ~~ Marilyn Manson

Sorry for not updating for a while. Reallife WC fever has overtaken fictional worldcup fever .
    Tonight the Dutch team has the chance to make it to the final for the first time since 1978. If we make it I might just celebrate with an update tomorrow .
    Current work: The Sons of Castille - a Castille CK 2 AAR, The German Empire during the 2nd Weltkrieg - A Kaiserreich DH AAR

The plot against Britain - a Kaiserreich mystery,Reconquista! - the exploits of the House Barcelona ,A Short History of the German Empire
    Assorted trophies: - Fan of the week (4-4-2010) - WritAAR of the week (18-10-2009) - Character writer of the week, (25-10-2009), - Character writer of the week (23-5-2010) - Joined first place AARland choice Favorite Comedy AAR 2009 (Q4) - Character writer of the week (11-4-2010) - Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomenesss

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchie View Post
    Sorry for not updating for a while. Reallife WC fever has overtaken fictional worldcup fever .
    Tonight the Dutch team has the chance to make it to the final for the first time since 1978. If we make it I might just celebrate with an update tomorrow .
    Well you better win, because the Fatherland likes defeating Holland in the Final.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 09/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Unfortunately I haven't be able to update the adventures of our favourite Briton for a while now. With a paperdeadline just around the corner I will not be able to give a new update for a week or two. But rest assured that the Colonel will return after that.
    However, should I continue Blimps world cup or restart the adventure in Spain? Irs your choice, dear readAARs.

Europa Universalis IV

Unfortunately I haven't be able to update the adventures of our favourite Briton for a while now. With a paperdeadline just around the corner I will not be able to give a new update for a week or two. But rest assured that the Colonel will return after that.
    However, should I continue Blimps world cup or restart the adventure in Spain? Irs your choice, dear readAARs.
    Annoyed at the Spaniards, are we?
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 09/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    Annoyed at the Spaniards, are we?
    Just wait what I have in store for those evil Iberians...

Europa Universalis IV

Just wait what I have in store for those evil Iberians...
    Gee, I wonder why that is.......

Just a bump to tell you all this AAR isn't dead, it's just sleeping.

Currently I am putting the finishing touches on a very important paper, a paper that ate most of my free time for the last few months.

Furthermore, I find this AAR the most difficult to update of all my AARs. Writing a story of Medieval backstabbing? No problem. A story about a convoluted Kaiserreich-mystery? Can do that. Being forcedly funny? Quite difficult. So with my time limited, I decided to spend it on the AARs that are easier to update.

Just give me a week or two, and you will all see Blimp arise from the ashes...

c'mon, just tell us the truth. u haven't got over it... the iberians must pay!!! together with the octopus!!!
    "It is not sufficient that I succeed, all others must fail!" - Genghis Khan

RED Rampage of Chairman Mao
    Rise of the Ottoman Empire! Return to Rule of the Caliphs!
    Defence of the Ancient: Rebirth of Greater Tibet! From the land in the heavens, the guns descended...
    The WRAITH of KHAN! All AARe mine! The return of the Mongol hordes!
    -Tom Guntrip's Uber-Good, Possibly Funny, AwAARd Trophy*
    -WritAAR of the Week - 12 Oct 2009
    -Lighthearter's Award of Cookie of Extreme Awesome *

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Come on, Dutchie, awake this AAR! Sir Nev is looking at a banana with wild eyes!!!

Do you see!

ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!!!!!

"Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (2) [Actualizado 20/11/2014]

an update would be nice...

"Egads captain Mainwaring, we aren't forgotten yet! Some German named Steiner is asking us to continue!"

"Yes George, although I believe Sir Steiner is actually Catalan, not German."

"A caravan? Captain, aren't vehicles incapable of speech. Although, I've never trusted that Ford across the streets. It looks like it knows something..."

"Sigh. No George, a Catalan is a Spaniard with a funny accent. Think of them as the Welshmen of Spain, only with less sheeps. Or hair for that matter."

"So, are we continuing our adventures?"

"Only the author knows that, although planning to write a Worldcup special before a humiliating defeat in the finals probably scared him off. Well, at least Sir Neville had some time to calm down"

"Arrrrgggghhhh, Syndiez, sYNdiEZ everywhere.........."

"Sigh. Yet it wouldn't be a Blimpist update without him. Unfortunately."

"Syndies, SYndIEZ EveRYwhERE. ThEY aRe aFTerMeeEEEee!"

Seriously, being (somewhat) funny/corny is more difficul than writing a more serious update. Yet writing Blimp was fun, so I will look into the possibilities of a grand return.

Blog Entries
    "Sigh. No George, a Catalan is a Spaniard with a funny accent. Think of them as the Welshmen of Spain, only with less sheeps. Or hair for that matter."
    WHAT THE FUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

To say that a Catalan is a Spaniard is like saying to an Scot that he's English!

In any case, we are the Scots of Spain but without kilt!

But with Peti
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.

WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (2) [Actualizado 20/11/2014]

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

To say that a Catalan is a Spaniard is like saying to an Scot that he's English!
    Ahh. So that's something that, while considered correct by 99% of the world, offends both of the concerned parties. I can see that would be annoying.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 11th September Through adversity, to the sea(plane).

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Critical Realisitic Security Advice! News! Hangovers! Just another day in Bratislava for T&T. Updated 14th September.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pip View Post
    Ahh. So that's something that, while considered correct by 99% of the world, offends both of the concerned parties. I can see that would be annoying.
    At least to one of the two. While an Englishbeing may feel slighted by hearing a Scotfella being called to be an Englishbeing, and viceversa, a Scotfella may give himself to the devil if he's called an Englishbeing, I don't think that a Spaniard would be offended by hearing a Catalan being called Spaniard, but the Catalan (depending on several factors) may think otherwise.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

At least to one of the two. While an Englishbeing may feel slighted by hearing a Scotfella being called to be an Englishbeing, and viceversa, a Scotfella may give himself to the devil if he's called an Englishbeing, I don't think that a Spaniard would be offended by hearing a Catalan being called Spaniard, but the Catalan (depending on several factors) may think otherwise.
    Only the few die-hard separatists.
    Province: 559
    Nationality: 75% Spanish, 25% Colombian
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Socialist
    Current Work: None
    Issues: Full Citizenship/Good Healthcare
    Militancy/Consciousness: 12/15
    Awarded Fan of the Week: 7. October 2011

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure letting Blimp loose at a World Cup would have been a very good idea. Surrounded by foreigners that don't play properly - madness.

The is an old Flanders & Swan song which complains about foreigners playing sport. I think it has lines saying:
    The sulk when they're losing
    They gloat when they've won
    And they practice beforehand which ruins the fun.

*Chorus*Oh the English, the English, the English are best.
    I wouldn't give tuppence for all of the rest*/Chorus*
    I think Blimp would agree.
    Last edited by Alfredian; 25-01-2011 at 12:53. Reason: added chorus
    Exile in the East - a Helleno-Varangian CK AAR (Part 28 posted 03 January 2012)
    AARland Choice AwAARds - CK historybook winner Q3 & Q4 2011
    Showcased 09-Sep-2011, Character writer of the week 28-Mar-2011
    Fan of the Week 07-Feb-2011 & 03-Jul-2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14