• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kiesenberg

First Lieutenant
74 Badges
Oct 23, 2009
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a succession game.

For those who don't know a Succession game is a game where a group of people play a game together by playing one at a time in sequence.

Each player would rule for the reign of a monarch and write up a mini AAR of important events as well as how the situation looks at the end of their rule before passing on the mantle to the next player

So who is up for it and who should we play as?

Interested, of course. I'll warn you, though: I'm a mediocre player. No total screwups, but no glorious conquests either during my turn. 8D

OK then here about this for the rules of play.

Playing order is the order we signed up in. Banana, Weissraben Tobit.
We each play for the reign of one monarch. If the Monarch changes to another version of the same person this doesn't count.
Up to 48 hours to complete your turn but trying to do it as soon as possibly will help the game moving.
We will not join together with Castile and become Spain but instead focus on the Med.
We can each post a mini AAR from during our reign. It can be as detailed or as basic as you like just as long as we all know whats been going on. :)

So is that all cool or do you want to change anything? Also what difficulty level are you guys comfortable with?
Once I get back if thats ok or not I'll do the first turn and post it up. :D

So is that all cool or do you want to change anything? Also what difficulty level are you guys comfortable with?
Once I get back if thats ok or not I'll do the first turn and post it up. :D

I'd say...uff, normal/normal to normal/weakling, I'd say. I heard that on lower levels of aggressivenes the AI is more efficient. Aaaaand...mod? Vanilla, AoT, AGCEEP, or others (like watkabaoi, maybe)?

Agceep is good, I really feel I would need to study the events for Aragon. I have never played them in AGCEEP but in Vanilla or 1399 scenario I bet it would be easier. Since in AGCEEP the guys that are supposed to be tough ARE. Unless we do random choices which is really fun but a total grab bag.

Agceep is good, I really feel I would need to study the events for Aragon. I have never played them in AGCEEP but in Vanilla or 1399 scenario I bet it would be easier. Since in AGCEEP the guys that are supposed to be tough ARE. Unless we do random choices which is really fun but a total grab bag.

AGCEEP with random choices could be REALLY fun, I agree. Mr. Banana?

Oooook, I'll get it. I'd say 20 years turns, though. Monarchs are too much of a variable.

Normal/Weakling, AGCEEP with random hitorical events, Land Aragon. Here we go! :D

Ooook, rules time. With Olav's kind collaboration. :3

SG etiquette

Alpha: The quality of your report outweighs the quality of your play. We’re here to have fun, and, of course, winning is fun, but losing in style is preferable to a boring win. Remember, your report should be a new reply to alert other players.

Bravo:
Reports should be detailed, with plenty of screen shots and player commentary, explanations, musings, etc; an auto-log dump will not suffice. Overview shots of the empire are nice; have at least one overview shot in the political mapmode in your report. Also, take shots of events (not needed for random events). The style of your report is not important, you could write narrative/history book/gamplay, but remember to keep us informed of gameplay details.

Charlie: Punctuality rocks! “24/48” means post a "got it" within 24 hours of when the last save was posted, and play within 48 hours of that ‘got it.’ Waiting 47 hours to ask for a skip is lame. Skips and swaps are fine, but try to let us know sooner, rather than later.

Delta: Major game decisions (war declarations, religion swaps etc) should be arrived at via group consensus.
1. If the team disagrees with you, either argue your case better, or do it their way. Do NOT just blow them off and do it your way because it's your turn.
2. However, if there’s no consensus and you’re up, do it your way and explain why. Conversely, if someone else is up, don't whine when they do it their way.
3. Similarly, overruling techs or city builds is rude and should be done via consensus, barring an emergency.
4. In extraordinary situations, sometimes an opportunity presents itself that the group didn't foresee. If the consequences of it are great, players should stop, and refer the question to the group.

Echo: Being a better player does not give you the right to belittle anyone else or their play. Other people are going to disagree with you on major decisions; get used to the idea, and play nice. If not, take your ball and go home.

Foxtrot: Thread spam is good. Trash talking, poking fun, gentle ribbing, virtual noogies, and generally horsing around are all encouraged, but don’t be rude.

---

Lots of rules there, but don't pay too much attention to them. I feel Alpha and Bravo are the most important ones. However, the etiquette lacks one important aspect IMO: SG's are about cooperative team play. You must be willing to discuss plans before and / or after your turn.

We also need some guidelines for gameplay:

Gamplay rules/guidelines:

1. Our reputation is golden. Do NOT forceannex*. Also, try to avoid accumulate too much BB. Try to stay below 10BB in the 15th century. *Forceannexing is only allowed when there's group consensus.

2. Don't cheat. Don't turn off Fog of War.

3. Don't reload or play your turn again if you're doing mistakes, are unlucky etc. You can reload if the game crashes, of course.

4. Don't lend money to the AI to get a CB.

5. Try to keep inflation below 15%.

6. Don't do other inhonorable stuff.