• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eraclio

Major
1 Badges
Nov 26, 2006
  • For The Glory
I would to know which features there are in FTG multiplayer.
For example: how many players could play in the same game?
Who can stop time and resume time in a multiplayer game? Who can have the saved game? Could someone play a game already started? And from which permission and who can do this permission?

Thanks

I think the limit is 32, but its usually unstable. anyone can stop/resume time IIRC. anyone can save the game, but the host's save is most stable. you'd need to restart to get additional players.

I think the limit is 32, but its usually unstable. anyone can stop/resume time IIRC. anyone can save the game, but the host's save is most stable. you'd need to restart to get additional players.

but.. if a player declare war to another, and one stop the game, and the other one instead want to resume the game, in which way the game run?

The only way a game actually stops running is if the host leaves the game. If a player leaves the game, the AI does not take over (its commonly referred to as ghosting, as the country does nothing). Normally if a player declares war on another, and one of them leaves, the host either tells the other player to WP, or ends the session until both players can participate.

but.. if a player declare war to another, and one stop the game, and the other one instead want to resume the game, in which way the game run?

there is a 30 second timer on a pause, after the 30 seconds are over anyone can unpause.

about your other questions:

you can play as whatever nation you want, whoever played it before. everyone can have the saved game.

its exactly the same as eu2 mp so you should just check ou these forums

The only way a game actually stops running is if the host leaves the game. If a player leaves the game, the AI does not take over (its commonly referred to as ghosting, as the country does nothing). Normally if a player declares war on another, and one of them leaves, the host either tells the other player to WP, or ends the session until both players can participate.

Ah, so the game not run until the gamers return?

there is a 30 second timer on a pause, after the 30 seconds are over anyone can unpause.

Ah, ok but if 32 people play there will be so much pause...

about your other questions:

you can play as whatever nation you want, whoever played it before. everyone can have the saved game.

its exactly the same as eu2 mp so you should just check ou these forums

Could you paste some links? thanks

It would be awesome but impossible due to network weight. In a current EU2 game we have one of the best hosts available and we can host 10 people with ease so I reckon it would be possible to go to 15-20...but I doubt we could manage beyond that.

It would be awesome but impossible due to network weight. In a current EU2 game we have one of the best hosts available and we can host 10 people with ease so I reckon it would be possible to go to 15-20...but I doubt we could manage beyond that.

ok, thanks for explaination

Who in the game manages game speed?
What do you mean?

We try to optimize but we are aware increasing the number of provinces and the number of playable countries (not to mention other database objects) has an influence on game performance.