• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I haven't been trolling these boards for some time until I saw HTTT coming out yesterday and spent a good portion of the day reading about it. This expansion looks fantastic, better than IN even..I'd love to get started with a HTTT game tonight.

It is, of course, the Crown of the North, our previous masterpiece, where your subjects can enjoy many hours of unadulterated fun in front of their screens, lowering the revolt risk in the province at the cost of less taxes... Pardon my little awareness check there; just trying to confuse you with Comic book style abuse of the bold typeface. No, let us speak no more of old crowns, but the brand new one, which is your National Focus. The national focus is exactly what it sounds like (to me anyway - to you it might sound like "cheese sandwich"); a region of particular interest to your country at the current time. You plunk it down - much like moving your capital - and then it starts to affect that province as well as its neighbours. It will increase factors like tax rates, population growth, colonial growth, missionary success chance and similar, as well as having less obvious effects, such as the chance of special events occurring. The national focus is now required if you plan to create a new Center of Trade; a limiting factor to be sure, the upside being that it will now allow you to create a CoT in a province that already trades through one of your other centers. Can I move the national focus whenever I wish, you wonder? No, you cannot. There is a relatively long cooldown, affected by the administrative efficiency of your government type. It is our hope that the national focus will be an even more successful crown than the Crown of the North!

The national focus is now required if you plan to create a new Center of Trade; a limiting factor to be sure, the upside being that it will now allow you to create a CoT in a province that already trades through one of your other centers.

it will now allow you to create a CoT in a province that already trades through one of your other centers.

Thread over, for me.

These DDs have converted me from an obnoxious naysayer to a definite customer, although I'll have to wait 10 days after the rest of you. We take Christmas literally here.

The only thing I wish I'd seen, but didn't, is random delays built in to units reacting to new orders. Maybe some day.

The only thing I wish I'd seen, but didn't, is random delays built in to units reacting to new orders. Maybe some day.

Combined maybe with some sort of time lock on switching leaders. I don't like exploits, but it's almost impossible to resist promoting your 6-shock general to command whatever army is in the most trouble, wherever that may be, and have him available there immediately, to be rotated with General 6-manoeuvre and General 3-siege as best serves.

Other leader-related changes that would be nice to see:

- the ability to stand down a king-general
- possibly, the ability to convert a monarch to admiral if you are towards the naval end of the DP scale
- the INABILITY to use any king-general outside the home continent... it is possible this prohibition should be extended to all generals, and that only conquistadors should be allowed to lead colonial armies. (The EU boardgame put similar geographical restrictions on leaders.)

You flee with your armies at 0 morale?

Fleeing with, for example, 0.5 morale doesn't get you very far, beeing chased by a cavalry stack. And the AI has always been a little too good at instantly following your armies around. I fear that this latest instant wipe change will most likely be unbalancing. Very seldom in history, did a army get fully wiped out. The army might get scattered yes, some deserted but most of the men got reorganized back into the army. Have you thought of giving the country loosing a big army, some manpower back (like 20% of the total army wiped out)?

Glorious.

Earl Uhtred said:
Combined maybe with some sort of time lock on switching leaders. I don't like exploits, but it's almost impossible to resist promoting your 6-shock general to command whatever army is in the most trouble, wherever that may be, and have him available there immediately, to be rotated with General 6-manoeuvre and General 3-siege as best serves.

Other leader-related changes that would be nice to see:

- the ability to stand down a king-general
- possibly, the ability to convert a monarch to admiral if you are towards the naval end of the DP scale
- the INABILITY to use any king-general outside the home continent... it is possible this prohibition should be extended to all generals, and that only conquistadors should be allowed to lead colonial armies. (The EU boardgame put similar geographical restrictions on leaders.)

Ideally, the delay would be helped by the leader's M value. It'd kick in every time a new order is given. (& ideally, every time a new province is entered). It probably should be tied to an option slider, though. I know many people hate the unpredictability involved.

Switching leaders, I agree about, although I don't find it that hard to resist, after having played a bit, it becomes 2nd nature.

Admirals would make sense for Venice, perhaps, but it's probably not a a good idea. I find it hard to believe that James II, even, although an experienced admiral (& represented in the game), would've taken himself out of touch with his ministers so completely.

Also, your proposed restrictions on generals wouldn't work. Too many exceptions. Look at the Ottos, how can you limit them by continent? And there are too many generals who did fight in several continents. Wellington, for instance. 1st India, then Europe. And he was offered command in the US after Leipzig. Also might well have gone to Egypt, if the timing of that campaign would've been different. Or King Sebastian, who died fighting in Morocco.

I wouldn't want to enable them as conqs; they could explore everywhere.