• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sweet, i hope national focus cooldown is modable, i assume u can use it in colonies, for example national focus in colonies so u dont have to murder all the natives and i assume it has have different modifiers to cooldown based on factors such as is a place a core/same culture/colony/ (Enemy province?!?!)... that last one could be interesting for aggressive use of national focus.

Hum... Book icon near the province capital name, I don't remember seeing having already seen that. Maybe some history window ?

I like the decisive battle stuff.

Battles are far far more decisive in Heir to the Throne.

I've had 15 years of chaos because of the loss of my one army as Venice due to a strategic blunder of getting it defeated and cut off in Greece.

And then the glory of playing Brittany, funded war-subsidies by AI England defending against France.. And surviving the war, due to manuevering, and settling for a humiliating peace that let me keep land.

I was just imagining how the remnants of a french doomstack (50 regiments, about 20k men alive) would be chased down by a single cavalry regiment (with about 600 men alive) that was detached from your main stack. :p

Nice diary :D.

(I guess the enemy Nat. Focus is where my main target will lie during a war)

Good thing to know that once morale is 0, the stack is done for, it will just save time and end wars pretty quickly and logically.

Besides, it seems a new button 'is born' from the last diaries' screenshots, one above the Curia's ;).

/me wonders as always :eek:

Sounds Great! My question is though, if the battles are much more deadly and decisive, is the peace system being balanced to match this in some way? It would seem that a war can be decided pretty quick in many cases now (by the quick defeat of a nations army) but if you still have to siege the majoriety of the oponents provinces in order to bring their war capacity to very low levels just to get a few provinces its not really that much of a change....

Sounds Great! My question is though, if the battles are much more deadly and decisive, is the peace system being balanced to match this in some way? It would seem that a war can be decided pretty quick in many cases now (by the quick defeat of a nations army) but if you still have to siege the majoriety of the oponents provinces in order to bring their war capacity to very low levels just to get a few provinces its not really that much of a change....

Just why should it be quicker to get a total victory?
Total war wasn't really in style in renaissance.

See Dev Diary 1 for that..
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434906

...perhaps the most central feature is the concept of war aims, which should make wars more interesting and counteract "blobbing". [...] Thus, while a nation may have sent you an insult, that does not really justify demanding half their country as recompense in the peace negotiations. (You still can, but it will give you mucho infamy/badboy.)
[...]
"What?", you say, "I want more land! Only provinces matter!" Well, if you want to expand rapidly, there are Casus Bellis for you too, like "Imperialism", "Nationalist Unification" and "Holy War". These are typically not available at the start, but require a certain level of government technology or a national idea.

I want this.

Because it looks good.

What more is there to say?:D

Seems I may actually buy this afterall.

With a month off from classes, iI may just go ahead and buy the expansion afterall. Very pleased with everything so far. Only two things would make this perfect: 1) ship range determined by the nearest friendly port, tech, etc, 2) if population actually had a significant impact (really, whats the point of a population boost from national focus if it doesnn't do much). Great job guys!

Just why should it be quicker to get a total victory?
Total war wasn't really in style in renaissance.

I know and im not saying it should be, but if battles are much more deadly as stated in the DD and any army will be destroyed when on 0 morale I predict that I will not take long before the armies of either side is destroyed after the ourbreak of war (unless of course you are a major county)

I guess it's for renaming the city?

A button similar to that icon has appeared above the Papal State Button so it is probably connected to another brand new feature.

A button similar to that icon has appeared above the Papal State Button so it is probably connected to another brand new feature.

you will know next week or the week after.. :)

Back to me, your friendly POPE. I would only add to the above that all unit types should now be of comparably quality to Western ones, as long as they are of a similar tech level. (So that if you succeed in westernizing, you will no longer be stuck with inferior troops.) And with that, I bid you farewell.

Until next week, compadres!

Congratulations on this! Im hoping however that you made Westernization a little harder to attain given this?

I know its quite easy to mod, but at the current level of difficulty, it may be a little overpowered now :)