+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera 1.8b

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Trying to divide time between modding and real life...

Divide et Impera 1.8b

Divide et Impera 1.8b
    It works with official 3.2 patch

UNPACKED "Divide et Impera" FOLDER AND THE FILE OF THE SAME NAME SHOULD BE PLACED IN the SUBFOLDER CALLED /mod.
    DO NOT REPLACE ANY ORIGINAL FILES!
    IF YOU HAVE ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE MOD - DELETE IT BEFORE YOU UNPACK THE NEW ONE.
    IMPORTANT: BEFORE YOU START THE GAME DELETE THE CONTENTS OF EUIII/map/cache FOLDER. THE CACHE IN MODDIR IS ALREADY EMPTY
    JThis is the way to solve any colonisation issues.

Changes in 1.8a:

- 156 new events that erase the cores of conquered minor countries in Europe and Asia. It will provide that the map will be more unified in later periods.
    - New events and decisions for Greek Orthodoxy - with the coopoeration with user Andronik from EUFI forum.
    - Currency reform decision, lowering the inlfation (by 5%). Available over the 15% inflation.

Changes in 1.8:

Main technical changes:
    - Adaptation to the newest 3.2 patch.
    - Lots of bugs erased, using the Validator.
    - Removing the bug made by Paradox - the AI didn't pick any modern artillery types.

The map:
    - 3 northern provinces removed - they should remain unhabitable in the game period (they also caused some crashes on weaker machines): Novaya Ziemla, Eastern Greenland and Baffin Land.
    - 4 new provs in Europe instead:
    *Eastern Lappland, separating Kola from Finland,
    *Arezzo in Italy, as a potential Tuscan possesion,
    *Beograde as the fortress of Hungary/Serbia,
    *Sungdau - habsburg part of Alsace.
    - One new country: the commune of Arezzo.
    - CoT in Firenze.
    - More german cultural influence in Bohemia, Silesia and Danzig.

Ideas, governments, advisors, sliders:
    - New slider: Imperialism-Isolationism. Imperialism, above others, allows to reduce penalties for "large country".
    - Efectiveness of administration will be now better for better governments.

DeI Systems:
    - "Large country" penalty changed. New, hidden variable: the Effectiveness of Administration (EA). Many factors influence it. The penalty will occur on the level 15 (previously 10), from the lowest at 10to the greatest, at 250. Each level has 12 levels of the EA (previously 5).The higher the EA level, the lower the penalty. You can get the lower or the greater penalty, comparing with the earlier system. The EA is influenced by:
    *the government - the more modern the better,
    *internal politics: centralization, innovativeness and imperialism (the strongest factor) makes the EA stronger, and decentralization makes it weaker,
    *some doctrines, including the bureaucracy and the intelligence make it stronger,
    *technologies - especially governmental - gradually make the EA better,
    *administrative advisors
    *monarch stats, especially the ADM
    - Personality system. Each ruler will receive his own personality. There are 27 typse of it. Each type gives special modifier for the time of his rule. It increases the role of the monarchs in the country. Later versions will include events for each personality. In the governments with weaker ruler's influence (republics, constitutional countries) personality modifiers are circa 1/3 weaker.
    - Reduction of inflation in good economical condition - it's weaker however and independent of the taxes.
    - Income depending on taxes and the population is now balanced..

Events:
    - 6 events for the new slider.
    - 3 more events for the old sliders:
    *One: "empty",
    *one about the resistance,
    *one affecting the other slider.
    - 3 new events about the spreading of Islam in Indonesia.
    - the Revolution is now more probable to occur

Other changes:
    - 27 new scenarios proposing the historical start in the most interesting moments of history all around the world.
    - Mercenaries' prize is now two times lower
    - Prestige penalty for the core province outside the country lowered from 0,3% to 0,1%
    - Embargo influences the trade investitions.
    - Population boost in CoT's is smaller.
    - Many bugs pinted out by the users are fixed.

Graphics:
    - New, more historical flags for several countries (incl. Teodoros, Crimea and the Golden Hordea).
    - The rebels and the natives have fancier flags now

We would like to thank you all for the support and the cooperation.
    Last edited by einfall; 26-11-2009 at 18:09.
    Divide et Impera! for HTTT4.1c - updated 16.04.2010!

CHANGE YOUR GAME INTO REAL CHALLENGE!

1. Add my expanded American and Albanian names from the names thread.

But in seriousness, I looked at Songhai (I added the Songhai culture to it and the two provinces as noted BritNavFan here) and noted that it lists its government as Eastern Despotism, and it was possible to become both a "confessional state" and a "caste monarchy" (the latter means that the Sultan becomes a... Maharaja). Also all 3 governments lacked descriptions when hovered over.

Hovering over Songhai's cultures, it states the following:
    Our primary culture is Songhai. Songhai is in the Mande group.
    -------------
    Same Culture Group
    Dyola
    Mali
    Bambara
    We also tolerate the following cultures:
    Tuareg
    noculture
    ?

Also if I hover over "Accept Cultural Shift" in decisions it states that "(*)noculture is the dominant culture" as part of the requirements.
    Last edited by Mrdie; 24-11-2009 at 10:59.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

We will try to add some suitable titles for "confessional" Songhai I think that "Imam" is good for every muslim state. For the time being simply don't change the government type

As for the names - forgive me I simply forgot to add them

As for the cultural issue - I have no idea why I didn't put "songhai" anywhere on the map. Probably my fault
    Last edited by einfall; 24-11-2009 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by einfall View Post
    I think that "Imam" is good for every muslim state.
    Sorta. Imamates were usually more of a Shia thing IIRC. To my knowledge, Sunni Imams ruled through positions such as Sultan, Sheik, Malik, etc. Imam rulers in the 13th and 14th centuries it seems were both Shia and (in Central Asia) operated in more Republican forms of government with some form of elections.

More research is needed, but I think that only Shia Muslims (and IIRC the Sufi too) should be able to have Imams leading them with a quasi-Republican form of government. Sunni Muslims should not be able to have Imamates (and thus not confessional states), and should only be able to attain a theocracy through the establishment of a Caliphate government which would alienate other Muslim states.

Edit: I shall become a king of nitpickers. I noticed that you forgot to add my Vermont suggestions inasmuch as names and the Treaty of Paris went. It's the little things that count.

Edit II: Was playing and saw this: "17 October, 1790 Decision: rebuild_royal_palace_title in Wien (Austria)."

Edit III: Tamna's 'monarch' is named "King Sovergin of Tanma." The correct spelling is Sovereign.

Also, it seems that the conservative party modifier (for when conservatives are in power in parliament) lacks a localized title, but I forgot the wording it had.

Edit IV: "A Favoured School" event text is in Polish.
    Last edited by Mrdie; 24-11-2009 at 19:45.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

We've uploaded a hotfix, but I'm afraid that the latest bugs weren't fixed

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sorry, that is my fault. I didn't notice, that you edited post and reported that few bugs. So new version will be without this fixes. I think, that this release is the last one before Heir to the Throne.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

can we continue on our savegames from 1.8a too b ?

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Yes, you can.

For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2

Could you plz post a secondary links, the currently says:
    Currently a lot of users are downloading files. Please try again in 2 minutes or become a Premium member

and have done so for a half an hour..

As a note, are there any events for the Hussites to appear? I started a game as Bohemia in 1419 and it's 1422 and no Hussites...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdie View Post
    As a note, are there any events for the Hussites to appear? I started a game as Bohemia in 1419 and it's 1422 and no Hussites...
    noticed in my games that the events usually fire for the AI countries when they have low stab, and perhaps high warexhaustion... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpi View Post
    Could you plz post a secondary links, the currently says:
    Currently a lot of users are downloading files. Please try again in 2 minutes or become a Premium member

and have done so for a half an hour..
    Have you managed to download the file?

The first epic dagger into the hearts of the Romanist tyrants is struck in Piedmont, 1502, when the people arise and proclaim the purity of their... Greco-Catholic faith... ?

That is vanilla event (from NA I supose...). This event add random heretic religion into one province. I must change that and block some religion... like Greco-catholics

As a note, you might want to consider making some events to make up for a vanilla defect: it's too easy to hold onto vassals. For example, starting in 1419 and currently in 1503, Muscowy is still a vassal of the Golden Horde even though there are obvious cultural and religious differences between them, plus Muscowy is a strong state in its own right and should attempt to assert its independence from a tribal Mongol state (same with any other strong vassal towards a not-as-strong or nearly-as-strong master).
    Last edited by Mrdie; 28-11-2009 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdie View Post
    As a note, you might want to consider making some events to make up for a vanilla defect: it's too easy to hold onto vassals. For example, starting in 1419 and currently in 1503, Muscowy is still a vassal of the Golden Horde even though there are obvious cultural and religious differences between them, plus Muscowy is a strong state in its own right and should attempt to assert its independence from a tribal Mongol state (same with any other strong vassal towards a not-as-strong or nearly-as-strong master).
    I believe that it is impossible to code as a general event. There already are specific events for Russian states, allowing them to break vassalage. The Muscovites weren't lucky enough to get it, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by einfall View Post
    I believe that it is impossible to code as a general event. There already are specific events for Russian states, allowing them to break vassalage. The Muscovites weren't lucky enough to get it, I think...
    The MM mod has some..

Time for a trip report! I played a game as England until around 1420, at which point my warning Scotland (who was allied with France) got me into a war that I had no hope of winning and I gave up. Anyway.

The difficulty is much better than in the last version. I still think it's too high, but at least it's playable now. Just a few observations:

- Why doesn't the Kalmar Union decision give cores on the provinces it gains, like with normal inheritance? The decision is more of a hindrance than a help because of the 20%+ revolt risk you get in every single province once you inherit them

- Every once in a while, my stability would drop for absolutely no reason. I didn't get any messages or anything.

- Westernizing in this mod gives you +3 Narrowminded increments. Is this intended? Because it makes no sense to me.

- Something needs to be done to balance income in the early game (the first century or so). I can usually get by 'til during that time (but just barely; see my note about the mod still being too hard), but the only way to do it is to turn all of your military maintenance sliders to zero.

Also, merchants are pretty much useless in the early game. One of the secrets to my success was to stop sending them altogether and instead use them to get money through the "Special Mission" event that pops up when you have too many agents lying around.

Now for some praise!

- I love the idea of the imperialism/isolatioinism slider because it perfectly represents what an imbalanced slider should be; one side sucks, but you don't want all the way to the right because of the penalties, so it's not a no brainer like centralization is.

-On that note, I'd like to see a few disadvantages for being highly centralized. I don't mind that it's imbalanced, but as is, it's so important for so many reasons there's really pointless not to try and max it as fast as you can.

-Just a note, you may want to reexamine Castille. In every single game I play, they get overrun by Granada and Leon/whatever other countries pop up from rebellions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
    - Why doesn't the Kalmar Union decision give cores on the provinces it gains, like with normal inheritance? The decision is more of a hindrance than a help because of the 20%+ revolt risk you get in every single province once you inherit them
    Because the Kalmar Union is just a first step to unify Scandinavia. When you get 50 years later cores and there is not other Scandinavian countries than yours, you can change yours union to new country - Scandinavia.

- Every once in a while, my stability would drop for absolutely no reason. I didn't get any messages or anything.
    That is the effect of "special mission" in yours neighbors. AI sometimes chose that action when it have 5 spies.

- Westernizing in this mod gives you +3 Narrowminded increments. Is this intended? Because it makes no sense to me.
    That is intended. For balance and for historical sense as well. For balance - you must go to innovative again when you wont to westernize to next level. For historical sense: when backward country come in to better technology group, that suppose to come from "the best in weak group" to "the worst in better group". I hope so, that I explain this clearly

- Something needs to be done to balance income in the early game (the first century or so). I can usually get by 'til during that time (but just barely; see my note about the mod still being too hard), but the only way to do it is to turn all of your military maintenance sliders to zero.
    Yes, I agree, but that isn't easy - later game is to easy when we change balance of the start...

Also, merchants are pretty much useless in the early game. One of the secrets to my success was to stop sending them altogether and instead use them to get money through the "Special Mission" event that pops up when you have too many agents lying around.
    Yes, that is one of my favorite way to use them in early game :P

- I love the idea of the imperialism/isolatioinism slider because it perfectly represents what an imbalanced slider should be; one side sucks, but you don't want all the way to the right because of the penalties, so it's not a no brainer like centralization is.
    You must notice, than imperialism is very useful for improvement yours administration efficiency (AE) in big country (but isolationism doesn't give any penalties for AE). Imperialism isn't profitable for small countries: penalty of 5$ in stability is very hard in small budget and usually small countries doesn't need a lot of colonists, merchants or spies - they has no money for use them.

-On that note, I'd like to see a few disadvantages for being highly centralized. I don't mind that it's imbalanced, but as is, it's so important for so many reasons there's really pointless not to try and max it as fast as you can.
    I didn't changed this from vanilla because is so many events to give you decentralization so I think that now is balanced. If i wont to add some disadvantages to centralization I must also cancel some event for that.

-Just a note, you may want to reexamine Castille. In every single game I play, they get overrun by Granada and Leon/whatever other countries pop up from rebellions.
    I agreed, I must take off some start penalties (before Castille was to strong, now, in 1356 is to weak).

Thanks for this report and sorry for my English (I hope so, that you understend my explanations)

Quote Originally Posted by johnymathias View Post
    Because the Kalmar Union is just a first step to unify Scandinavia. When you get 50 years later cores and there is not other Scandinavian countries than yours, you can change yours union to new country - Scandinavia.
    Oh, right. Forgot about the Scandinavian nation decision.

That is the effect of "special mission" in yours neighbors. AI sometimes chose that action when it have 5 spies.
    I had a feeling it was something simple like that but I never would have guessed it was that, specifically.

That is intended. For balance and for historical sense as well. For balance - you must go to innovative again when you wont to westernize to next level. For historical sense: when backward country come in to better technology group, that suppose to come from "the best in weak group" to "the worst in better group". I hope so, that I explain this clearly
    Yes, you came through clearly. That actually makes a lot of sense.

You must notice, than imperialism is very useful for improvement yours administration efficiency (AE) in big country (but isolationism doesn't give any penalties for AE). Imperialism isn't profitable for small countries: penalty of 5$ in stability is very hard in small budget and usually small countries doesn't need a lot of colonists, merchants or spies - they has no money for use them.
    Interesting. Just another subtlety of the mod that went over my head.

Thanks for this report and sorry for my English (I hope so, that you understend my explanations)
    Sure thing. I'll send in more feedback as I actually make progress in a game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast