Divide et Impera 1.8b
It works with official 3.2 patch
UNPACKED "Divide et Impera" FOLDER AND THE FILE OF THE SAME NAME SHOULD BE PLACED IN the SUBFOLDER CALLED /mod.
DO NOT REPLACE ANY ORIGINAL FILES!
IF YOU HAVE ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE MOD - DELETE IT BEFORE YOU UNPACK THE NEW ONE.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE YOU START THE GAME DELETE THE CONTENTS OF EUIII/map/cache FOLDER. THE CACHE IN MODDIR IS ALREADY EMPTY
JThis is the way to solve any colonisation issues.
Changes in 1.8a:
- 156 new events that erase the cores of conquered minor countries in Europe and Asia. It will provide that the map will be more unified in later periods.
- New events and decisions for Greek Orthodoxy - with the coopoeration with user Andronik from EUFI forum.
- Currency reform decision, lowering the inlfation (by 5%). Available over the 15% inflation.
Changes in 1.8:
Main technical changes:
- Adaptation to the newest 3.2 patch.
- Lots of bugs erased, using the Validator.
- Removing the bug made by Paradox - the AI didn't pick any modern artillery types.
- 3 northern provinces removed - they should remain unhabitable in the game period (they also caused some crashes on weaker machines): Novaya Ziemla, Eastern Greenland and Baffin Land.
- 4 new provs in Europe instead:
*Eastern Lappland, separating Kola from Finland,
*Arezzo in Italy, as a potential Tuscan possesion,
*Beograde as the fortress of Hungary/Serbia,
*Sungdau - habsburg part of Alsace.
- One new country: the commune of Arezzo.
- CoT in Firenze.
- More german cultural influence in Bohemia, Silesia and Danzig.
Ideas, governments, advisors, sliders:
- New slider: Imperialism-Isolationism. Imperialism, above others, allows to reduce penalties for "large country".
- Efectiveness of administration will be now better for better governments.
- "Large country" penalty changed. New, hidden variable: the Effectiveness of Administration (EA). Many factors influence it. The penalty will occur on the level 15 (previously 10), from the lowest at 10to the greatest, at 250. Each level has 12 levels of the EA (previously 5).The higher the EA level, the lower the penalty. You can get the lower or the greater penalty, comparing with the earlier system. The EA is influenced by:
*the government - the more modern the better,
*internal politics: centralization, innovativeness and imperialism (the strongest factor) makes the EA stronger, and decentralization makes it weaker,
*some doctrines, including the bureaucracy and the intelligence make it stronger,
*technologies - especially governmental - gradually make the EA better,
*monarch stats, especially the ADM
- Personality system. Each ruler will receive his own personality. There are 27 typse of it. Each type gives special modifier for the time of his rule. It increases the role of the monarchs in the country. Later versions will include events for each personality. In the governments with weaker ruler's influence (republics, constitutional countries) personality modifiers are circa 1/3 weaker.
- Reduction of inflation in good economical condition - it's weaker however and independent of the taxes.
- Income depending on taxes and the population is now balanced..
- 6 events for the new slider.
- 3 more events for the old sliders:
*one about the resistance,
*one affecting the other slider.
- 3 new events about the spreading of Islam in Indonesia.
- the Revolution is now more probable to occur
- 27 new scenarios proposing the historical start in the most interesting moments of history all around the world.
- Mercenaries' prize is now two times lower
- Prestige penalty for the core province outside the country lowered from 0,3% to 0,1%
- Embargo influences the trade investitions.
- Population boost in CoT's is smaller.
- Many bugs pinted out by the users are fixed.
- New, more historical flags for several countries (incl. Teodoros, Crimea and the Golden Hordea).
- The rebels and the natives have fancier flags now
We would like to thank you all for the support and the cooperation.