+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WAAR of the Worlds

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldVictoria 2
    Hoi 2 Beta

WAAR of the Worlds

Remember when I said I was tired of coding?

I LIED.

NEWEST!

The Popular Front- France and the Second World War. December, 1938: France has failed to topple Hitler's government by guile- and cannot yet resist through force...

You're a sick and twisted being. And I want to be just like you someday...

"Ahistorical" isn't a pejorative.

Author of Best EU1 AAR June-October 2002
    Ongoing but On-Hold AAR:
    Denying the Devil His Due, a Spanish IGC (EU1) AAR

The Father of AARland Lord Durham's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Cool

Cool. Really, really cool. It was only a matter of time...
    Current AAR: The Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok: In the Shadow of the Great Old Ones

Follow the link to read The Pariah. For more Lovecraft style horror, try The Crane Horror and my Holmes/Lovecraft story The Case of the Galloway Eidolon. All are free to read in the Lovecraft eZine.

Available: The Saglek Incident in the anthology Sha'Daa: Pawns and Witiko in the anthology Bigfoot Terror Tales: Vol 1

Also: Plains of Hell in the anthology Lawyers in Hell & Colony in the anthology Rogues in Hell, continuing the HUGO award winning Heroes in Hell series, edited by Janet Morris

For a complete list of my AARs go to The Ink Well. Visit my Website for news, reviews and story excerpts.

Admiral of the Kings Fleet Warspite's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Dang man, very cool, can you show me how to do that???

I would like to do some neat stuff like that for my Roman Empire AAR. I can change the avatar to what I want and change the name to Roman Empire instead of Byzantium (yuk)
    What a Game!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    The MAARtians are invading!
    I am therefore officially rooting for a Franco-German strike on Russia, prompting the Soviets to strike back with their hitherto secret nukes. This will serve as a salutary lesson to all involved and leave everyone suitably chastened.-El Pip

Great War: The American Front: Can the United States defeat Britain and its Confederate Lackeys? Or will the CSA defend its freedom against the Yankee Menace?

Hoi 2 Beta

heehee!

I'll be posting an Alien Mod FAQ in the Scenario forum. I will naturally let you guys in on the secret.
    NEWEST!

The Popular Front- France and the Second World War. December, 1938: France has failed to topple Hitler's government by guile- and cannot yet resist through force...

Since you now lead the alien alliance, tell me one thing. Why do aliens only abduct the drunken, unemployed, or mentally ill?

I'm watching this one.
    Slipping into maddness is good for the sake of comparison

Jake Langley of Eutopia - Retired
    Colin Leary of Eutopia

AARs
    The Last Testament of Alejandro ReyesRestarted!

Hoi 2 Beta

Originally posted by Craig Ashley
    Since you now lead the alien alliance, tell me one thing. Why do aliens only abduct the drunken, unemployed, or mentally ill?
    Plausible deniability, baby. Someday when they show up in force, they're gonna blink those huge eyes and say, "Why, no! We haven't been watching you for centuries and studying your weaknesses! Here- eat this, you look skinny."
    NEWEST!

Hoi 2 Beta

FEEP FEEP FEEP FEEP

Zeebon Morgo groaned, slapping the alarm off. Five millicycles later...

FEEP FEEP FEEP FEEP

Grumbling, Zeebon turned on the lights and gravity. He glanced at the clock on the wall of his cryobed.

"Great Uuznoth!" He immediately donned his ceremonial k'morf and brushed his baleen. He palmed open the door to his mothership's bridge. There was Lieutenant Veenok, fluttering his hands and clicking his baleen nervously.

"Veenok! My alarm went off ten solar cycles early! We're not at our destination system!" Veenok nodded.

"True, Lord Zeebon. But do you remember telling me to wake you if the scanners picked up a suitable planet for colonization?" Zeebon's hearing frill perked up. Juicy promotions were the reward for discovery of a colony world.

Zeebon went to the monitor and pointed at the blue planet they were orbiting.

"So this is a new colony world?" Veenok clicked his baleen.

"tk tk! um... no. Frankly, much of the planet is completely uninhabitable. Lord Zeebon... um... do you remember also asking me to wake you if the implausidrive suffered a catastrophic failure?" Zeebon stared in slowly dawning horror. Alarm zargs began bleating. A slow groaning began to shudder through the ship as the planet's gravity took hold of the massive hull. Zeebon covered his face.

"Veenok, please buckle me into my control console. I'm afraid if I hold the belt in my hand I will use it to strangle you."
    NEWEST!

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Pure genius! I hope the next post tells us how the implausidrive works.

Have you tested "culture=none"? It was suggested somewhere that this could cause trouble if you send colonists or missionaries.
    The Dream of Macsen - a short history of Wales
    Theatrum Orbis Terrarum graphics mod for EU3

Europa Universalis 3

The implausidrive, OHH, an almost-but-not-quite lifting from the classic of all sci-fi spoof literature, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

All we need now is a Vogon Construction Battalion.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

Prufrock, you're soiling the good name of EU II by being so utterly ahistorical. Everyone knows the Aliens didn't arrive before 1954.

I'm going to love this one. Heck, I love it already.
    Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.

- John Kenneth Galbraith

Europa Universalis 3

Norgesvenn,

Now there you go telling half-truths and rumors. If you knew ANYTHING about science fact, you'd know that Orson Welles did not broadcast a hoax when he did his famous 1930s "War of the Worlds," but was in fact, relating the true story of an actual alien landing in New Jersey, as anyone who has watched "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai in the Eighth Dimension" would have told you.

Of course, aliens landing in New Jersey were able to blend right in and assimilate much of the culture and populace with little difficulty as most lifeforms in NJ were unique and disreputable already.

Cool.

Why are the aliens having pagan religion though?

You can give them a culture too. Just use Hawaiian or Canarian, or one of the lesser used ones, and rename it to "Zorthon" or whatever...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultVictoria: Revolutions

This looks truly inspired Prufrock451. I can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!!!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

Kingdom of Bosnia, trying to unite all Southern Slavs under my banner...
    take me to your leader...

Hoi 2 Beta

CK- The culture is actually "zorthic". I admit I got trigger-happy on posting when I realized my code wasn't crashing the game anymore, so this screenshot is of my "beta", so to speak.

sg1- got me!

Thanks for the support, all. Watch the skies!
    NEWEST!

You can create an alien religion by freeing up confucianism. Just turn all confucian countries and provinces into buddhist, then you have confucian free to edit into some kind of alien's religion...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast