+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal of Democracy BIG Picture Thread

Marshall Ombre
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

Browsing through this thread definitely makes me eager to test this little jewel...
    Certains considèrent le chef d’entreprise comme un loup à abattre ; d’autres comme une vache qu’on peut traire à l’infini ; peu voient en lui le cheval qui tire la charrue. Winston Churchill
    The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for "Entrepreneur". Deubeuliou
    Honte à qui peut chanter pendant que Rome brûle. Elle brûle tout le temps... Brassens
    Seven Blunders of the World : Wealth without work ; Pleasure without conscience ; Knowledge without character ; Commerce without morality ; Science without humanity ; Worship without sacrifice ; Politics without principle - Mahatma Gandhi
    «On peut toujours compter sur l'Amérique pour faire les choses correctement après avoir épuisé toutes les alternatives.» Winston Churchill

EHko erakunde armatuko kidea rommel_sniper's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    Maybe I can help with the traduction from English to Spanish. As a CV, I have c1 english level.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Fürstbischof View Post
    You mean Sturmgeschütz (pl. Sturmgeschütze)?
    Yeah - them!

Quote Originally Posted by Fürstbischof View Post
    Could you show us also some screenshots in higher resolutions, please?
    Not right now, sorry, 'cos I have no time and this PC (my laptop) does not have the big res...

Maybe later (after the weekend?).
    Balesir.
    ======
    Arsenal of Democracy - Hearts of Iron 2 on steroids...

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tedescooo View Post
    It's supposed to be fully compatible with Arma mods.
    I highly doubt that. Almost all mods have different tech tree (most of the times drastically different) and you wouldn't be able to use new units and buildings. Right?
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    I highly doubt that. Almost all mods have different tech tree (most of the times drastically different) and you wouldn't be able to use new units and buildings. Right?
    Compatible only means they still work, not that they can take advantage of all the new stuff implemented.

For example my new graphic card is compatible with a 10year old game, but that doesn't mean the game will look any better on it then on a 8year old graphic card...
    "Experience is something you don't usually get until just after you need it"

CORE mod for this will make me real happy.

Kudos on the great expansion. Now release it in acceptable quality (without gamebreaking bugs) and you got a winner.

Resident, Fawlty Towers Chaplain's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ckVoid View Post
    CORE mod for this will make me real happy.
    Don't count on it. They've already moved to HOI3, and at the historic rate of development you won't see CORE/HOI3 0.1 for at least 6 months.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

On behalf of Lennart:

What happens when Japan decides not to join the war and give US free resources for other "expansions"?
    Italy lost 50 divisions in africa half a year ago, after GB invaded Tripoli and they had nowhere to retreat to.

Code:
    1942-01-11 : USA initializing invasion of Palermo with 38 (38) divisions from Malta

(handsoff-ai-only-game)

edit: Few further extracts of the invasion.txt:

Code:
    1942-01-11 : USA initializing invasion of Palermo with 38 (38) divisions from Malta
    1942-01-27 : United Kingdom initializing invasion of Kavala with 21 (21) divisions from Tobruk
    1942-03-23 : USA launching invasion with 38 (32) divisions from Malta
    1942-05-03 : United Kingdom launching invasion with 20 (10) divisions from Tobruk

Hmm...the AI still doesn't form proper Corps?

I suggest doing what DAIM did, telling the AI the most effective corps to form.
    "The East is Red, the Sun has Risen, China now has Mao Zedong!" - The East is Red - A Worldwide Redvolution AAR In collaboration with Alexon47

Try Arsenal of Democracy, HoI as it's meant to be!

Arsenal of Democracy music project! It's just not the same without the music of your homeland!

The Iron Fist deals with the Devil foul, the Syndicalist wolves begin to howl
    But from Baltic seas to Alpine snows, the Kaiserreich shall smash its foes!
    Acting Chairman of the Prussian Conservative Party and Reichskanzler in TRP's new AAR "Realpolitik"!

Invasions! That's exactly what we need to spice up the late game (that and nukes of course)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Wow! AI is too smart. We should not underestimate the artificial intelligence.

Cylons look like us now, they bomb and invade, some are programmed to think they are human, and they have a plan!

Great, love it!!!!

Hope it still means that the Italian AI know how to play.
    Quite a different guy for quite a different world.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Iron CrossSemper Fi500k club

omg this looks so great never had the allies invading italy in doomsday. I hope the ai can also simulate a simular d-day in normandy.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

why didnt italian surrender event fire

Quote Originally Posted by great_chairman View Post

How to solve that Ai create corps ? Is that possible.....

Captain Jack

East vs West developer Lennartos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Olle8 View Post
    why didnt italian surrender event fire
    good question - checked the events, and i think i found a possible cause...

The event is only checked every 40 days - the invasion on miltiple targets is on such a large scale that one of the necessary provinces in northern italy is not more under italy control anymore when the event was checked.
    "Any third-rate engineer or researcher can increase complexity; but it takes a certain flair of real insight to make things simple again." - E.F.Schumacher.

Quote Originally Posted by great_chairman View Post

Maybe it might be necessary to have a strict limit on the number of divisions a corps can have? Similar to this:

# Maximum sizes of air-stacks

If corps would be limited to 5(?) divisions, than the larger battles would be a coordinated effort of several corps. For playtesting it'd be fun to see, if the ai can use these smaller armies effectively.

51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is there somehow I can mod the directions arrows?

HoI 3 arrows are waay beauty than AoD arrows.
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tedescooo View Post
    Is there somehow I can mod the directions arrows?

HoI 3 arrows are waay beauty than AoD arrows.
    You could always mod these arrows in HoI2

just search around the gfx-folder

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

East vs West developer Lennartos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

2 new images uploaded to the "news" thread
    "Any third-rate engineer or researcher can increase complexity; but it takes a certain flair of real insight to make things simple again." - E.F.Schumacher.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast