+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crusader Kings - Where to buy the game

Crusader Kings - Where to buy the game

Hi everyone.

We've been receiving some questions about where to buy the game.

So we've compiled this list for you

Let us know if we've missed anything.

Digital download

GamersGate

Impulse

Gametap

Gamestreamer

PC Game Store

Gamesplanet

Gamestop

Game

Play

Xfire

/s
    Last edited by andrew.taranto; 26-10-2010 at 21:36.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLegioMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Why not Steam? I know a lot of friends that would definitely buy a complete Paradox pack from Steam.

Also, Steam is definitely easier for the brazilian folk. Well, at least, my friends know about it, and they definitely haven't heard of GamersGate nor Impulse.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Yeah, it seems to not be available from Steam, which is a shame. I know Steam gets a lot of criticism but, IMO, very little of it is justified. I've never had any problems with it.

I'd prefer to buy from Steam, actually, if only because I already have a Steam account and I know how it works. It just seems like too much of an arseache to register with and get used to another digital download site.

Also, just as a side note, I've looked at Gamersgate and: Why the hell are old games still full price on there? Takes the piss a bit, no?

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

ck + dv complete pack only 7.90

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Yeah, it seems to not be available from Steam, which is a shame. I know Steam gets a lot of criticism but, IMO, very little of it is justified. I've never had any problems with it.

I'd prefer to buy from Steam, actually, if only because I already have a Steam account and I know how it works. It just seems like too much of an arseache to register with and get used to another digital download site.

Also, just as a side note, I've looked at Gamersgate and: Why the hell are old games still full price on there? Takes the piss a bit, no?

I've had a gamersgate account for a while now and I can assure you the price difference between it and others is usually substantial. Especially with the coins you get and the weekly 30-50% discounts for games.
    Antwerp is historically one of the seven cities of Brabant, so all Flemish nationalists please swim across the river Schelde and leave 't Stad alone. My hobby: vexing nationalists.
    Also, don't take yourself so seriously. We as human beings are not cut out for it.
    κάτι τρέχει στα γύφτικα

so i have read where we CAN buy the game... i am visiting my in-laws right now and i am planning on playing on their spare computer, so i want to be able to download it on mine when i return home... what site will allow me to do this beside steam and gamersgate?
    United Christian Slavs

Just got it through PCGameStore and it was very fast and cheap.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

PCGameStore does not give you a serial number with the game. How am I supposed to register it? Thanks!

Pcgamestore do give a serial number upon game purchase and via email. Pcgamestore also give a nice download time of 20 mins and decent cost of 8. Thanks for the link!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Naval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Y U NO STEAM?

Seriously though, i really want to try this it sounds awesome - any chance of it going on steam?

Wow, just bought the game for €2.21! at play.com, and it was free delivery, holy sh*t, although it's not digital download as I hoped, but I should have the game here in about a week

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    I all ready have cd version of Crusader Kings can I buy DV from Gamers Gate?
    I'm not living unless I'm in battle, so I have to find my own reason to fight.

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    I all ready have cd version of Crusader Kings can I buy DV from Gamers Gate?
    Yes, no problem.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk View Post
    Yes, no problem.
    Okay, thank you
    I'm not living unless I'm in battle, so I have to find my own reason to fight.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Now on Sale at Steam for $2.49

Recruit
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Is there much point to getting the original when I already have 2 and its DLC? Maybe some good mods over the years that make it worthwhile?

+ Reply to Thread