• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Saw that as well and went here to find out. I assume since here in Germany sales via downloads are rather uncommon, because not everyone has a credit card, they decided to release a boxed version. I for one will buy that when it comes out.

Oh, and Amazon is generally quite reliable in terms of products they offer for pre-order.

when will see a retail version of HOI 3 and semper fi ? i passed up a 7 dollar edition of HOI 3 because i've heard it's no good without semper fi ...

i really want to buy this game , but i don't like to shop online for security reasons .

when will see a retail version of HOI 3 and semper fi ? i passed up a 7 dollar edition of HOI 3 because i've heard it's no good without semper fi ...

i really want to buy this game , but i don't like to shop online for security reasons .

as long as you dont live in germany you will not see one anytime soon.

HOI III with Semper and all DLC is available for $14.10 on steam as a 1 day only special. At least on the North American version of steam... tell your friends I guess.

Only 22 hours and 30 minutes left.

I cannot find semper fi edition on amazon or best buy.. I would dl steam but i alrdy own the retail version of HOI3..

I found Semper Fi from Amazon as a download which is currently down, however, I sense that you want a physical copy of the game butI DO NOT believe that there is an actual RETAIL (physical) copy of Semper Fi AFAIK only download versions are available.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/Hearts-Iron-Semper-Fi-Expansion/dp/B003P2VTAU

You can get Semper Fi only on Steam for 5 bucks (think its only for today, regular 20) but I think you require HOI III on steam. Or you can buy the whole package today for 14.10 including the extra sprites which is still less than the retail price of Semper Fi. Just offering some options.
Code:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42900/

It is 50% off right now on Gamersgate for $10.

Code:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HOI3SF/hearts-of-iron-3-semper-fi

I found Semper Fi from Amazon as a download which is currently down, however, I sense that you want a physical copy of the game butI DO NOT believe that there is an actual RETAIL (physical) copy of Semper Fi AFAIK only download versions are available.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/Hearts-Iron-Semper-Fi-Expansion/dp/B003P2VTAU

You can get Semper Fi only on Steam for 5 bucks (think its only for today, regular 20) but I think you require HOI III on steam. Or you can buy the whole package today for 14.10 including the extra sprites which is still less than the retail price of Semper Fi. Just offering some options.
Code:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42900/

It is 50% off right now on Gamersgate for $10.

Code:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HOI3SF/hearts-of-iron-3-semper-fi

thats partly wrong. in germany for example you can buy a physical copy of semper fi on amazon but not in other countries as far as i know.
btw: why are you setting the links in code tags?

There also seems to be a boxed Polish version of SF

There is a Polish Box version of Semper Fi in the shops in Poland (since November). I am not sure if it is in English too, but I suppose so because it is from the same company as Polish/English Boxed HOI 3. You can find it as well on cenega shop, gryonline shop.

thats partly wrong. in germany for example you can buy a physical copy of semper fi on amazon but not in other countries as far as i know.
btw: why are you setting the links in code tags?
Sorry, thats out of habit some of the other forums I use had some problems with links being coded into images and they insisted on putting on links in code so its just out of habit.

Where to buy SF?

Probably a daft question but would I be right in saying SF is download only-no boxed version?

Also, while on this topic, on gamersgate, SF is £15. Seems a bit pricey for an expansion pack. Is this really the going rate?

Cheers in advance.

Probably a daft question but would I be right in saying SF is download only-no boxed version?

Also, while on this topic, on gamersgate, SF is £15. Seems a bit pricey for an expansion pack. Is this really the going rate?

Cheers in advance.

In Germany and Poland you can buy a boxed (localized) version of SF

£15 or € 20 is the normal price for an expansion, most Paradox expansion have that price, but check out the various websites, they have special offers all the time.

you can buy a boxed version in germany and poland.
and yes, thats the price but maybe you can find it somewhere else for less.

be careful with the compatibility to other versions.

Just to clarify: if I've bought HOI3 on disc and installed it, having no connection to Steam, am I okay to buy and run Semper Fi as a download? (I'm in Australia, if that matters).

Just to clarify: if I've bought HOI3 on disc and installed it, having no connection to Steam, am I okay to buy and run Semper Fi as a download? (I'm in Australia, if that matters).

I have the disk version of HOI3, brought SF from Gamersgate and haven't had a problem with it. Only need to be connected to download it.

I've got HOI3 on disc, and want to add SF, but my home computer doesn't have an internet connection. Tearing down the computer, hauling it down three flights of stairs, and setting it up after-hours where I work, then taking it back again, is a lot of hassle just to buy an "expansion". Is there any reasonable way of getting a copy of the German disc in the US and simply changing the language setting, or is there any other way to get a physical copy?

I've got HOI3 on disc, and want to add SF, but my home computer doesn't have an internet connection. Tearing down the computer, hauling it down three flights of stairs, and setting it up after-hours where I work, then taking it back again, is a lot of hassle just to buy an "expansion". Is there any reasonable way of getting a copy of the German disc in the US and simply changing the language setting, or is there any other way to get a physical copy?

You can try Amazon.de. Not sure if they sell the German version to people in the US though.

The German version of SF can very easily be changed into the English one, by just editing a line 'settings.txt'