• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my current game as the Ottomans I took Ragusa/Skutari province from Hellas and soon later the event fired that changed the culture from dalmatian to albanian while the text hinted at the OE victory over albania and how they became good sunni servants after the victorious Ottomans conquered them as the reason for the change.

Now in my game Albania has not yet been conquered and I find it strange that "Ragusa/Skutari" would change from dalmatian to albanian for the Ottomans when a) Albania still exists and resists the OE and b) the Ottomans have not yet gained albanian culture - making it meaningless as both dalmatian and albanian at that point in time will have the same penalties to the OE.

Event from AGCEEP_Global_ProvinceSpec.eue below.

I find that for the Ottomans the event should not happen before Albania has fallen. And it should not fire if the province is only owned but not controlled.

Code:
#(1420-[color=red]1810[/color][color=yellow]1820[/color]) Northern Albania
event = {
	id = 338447
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			[color=yellow]AND = {[/color] owned = { province = 362 data = ALB }
                                [color=yellow]control = { province = 362 data = ALB }
                               }[/color]
			[color=yellow]AND = {[/color]owned = { province = 362 data = TUR }
                                [color=yellow]control = { province = 362 data = TUR }
                                NOT = { exists = ALB }
                                }[/color]
	 	     }
	        }
	random = no
	province = 362 #Ragusa
	name = "EVENTNAME338447" #Northern Albania
	desc = "EVENTHIST338447"
	#-#Serbs were the dominant culture in Northern Albania, which was a part of Zeta or Dioclea, until Ottomans brought Islam into the region. Albanian nobles were quick to adopt the religion of victorious Empire and Albanian people followed after them. Once great friends of Serbs, Albanians joined the Turks in repressions of Orthodox population. Most Serbs fled the region to the north while those who remained were mostly Albanized.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate = { [color=red]day = 29 month = december[/color] year = [color=red]1810[/color][color=yellow]1820[/color] }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME338447A" #Albanians rule in Skhoder
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 362 value = albanian }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 338446 } #ProvinceSpec*362: Serbian Zeta
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 338448 } #ProvinceSpec*362: Albania Veneta
	}
}

good work

bringing it back to my original event........someone got it changed to this and i lost out

In my current game as the Ottoman EmpireI had a war against the Mamlucks to take the tradecenter of Azerbaidjan from them while still OE Sultan Bayezid II was ruling.

When I finished the siege of Egypt the annexation event fired and I got more than I wanted as I did not even yet have cores on the Mamlucks. IMO they should not fall so easily before their historical fall. Historically they did after all win the war against Bayezid II and crumbled only against Yavuz Selim.

Suggested changes for the the human player event below. For the AI there is still the ai only annexation event TUR 301086 that starts 1510.

Instead of the humanplayed Ottomans having only to control 1 of 6 provinces with the OR I would use the new someof to have them control 3. And when a player tries to do that outside the historical timeframe before or after Selim I. rules then the Mamlucks need to be unstable to achive it.

Code:
#(1485-1566) Fall of the Mamluk Empire -I-
event = {
	id = 219001
	trigger = {
		war = { country = TUR country = MAM }
                [color=yellow]neighbour = TUR[/color]
		NOT = { countrysize = 22 }
		NOT = { control = { province = 485 data = MAM } } #Aleppo
		NOT = { control = { province = 490 data = MAM } } #Syria
		NOT = { control = { province = 746 data = MAM } } #Egypt
               	[color=red]OR = {[/color]
                [color=yellow]someof = {
		    number = 3[/color]
			control = { province = 491 data = TUR } #Lebanon
			control = { province = 492 data = TUR } #Samaria
			control = { province = 493 data = TUR } #Judea
			control = { province = 744 data = TUR } #Alexandria
			control = { province = 745 data = TUR } #Delta
			control = { province = 747 data = TUR } #Nile
		        }
                 [color=yellow]OR = {
                          monarch = 0139006 #Selim I #historical Sultan to conquer MAM
                          NOT = { stability = 0 }
                          }[/color]
	}
	random = no
	country = MAM
	name = "EVENTNAME219001" #Fall of the Mamluk Empire
	desc = "EVENTHIST219001"
	#-#The Ottoman Sultan Selim I was determined to eliminate all potential enemies in the east in order to be able to overrun Europe without fearing an attack from the other direction. Having defeated Safavid Persia, he turned to the Mamluk Empire. At that time, the Mamluk state already was in a state of anarchy and its armies hopelessly inferior to those of the Ottomans, and thus Selim's armies rushed through its defenses at an incredible speed. On August 24th the Syrian army led by the Sultan himself who got killed in that battle was destroyed near Aleppo, the city of Damaskus conquered on October 12th and the rest of Syria and Palestina quickly overrun. After wintering in Damaskus, Selim progressed to Egypt. On January 21st, the last remaining Mamluk army engaged for the final battle near Radania and was decisively defeated. This battle marked the end of the Mamluk Empire. Selim offered vassal status to the last Sultan Tumanbeg...

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1485 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1566 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME219001A" #Tumanbeg refuses vassal status and is executed (End Game)
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 485 } #Aleppo
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 486 } #Nuyssaybin
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 488 } #Kirkuk
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 489 } #Iraq
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 490 } #Syria
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 491 } #Lebanon
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 492 } #Samaria
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 493 } #Judea
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 494 } #Sinai
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 495 } #Jordan
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 483 } #Adana
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 474 } #Sivas
		command = { type = independence which = ARA }
		command = { type = independence which = TRI }
		command = { type = trigger which = 219011 } #MAM: The Ottoman subjugation
		command = { type = trigger which = 301022 } #TUR: Annexation of the Mamluk Empire
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME219001B" #Tumanbeg accepts vassal status
		command = { type = vp value = -200 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 494 } #Sinai
		command = { type = independence which = TRI }
		command = { type = trigger which = 219012 } #MAM: The Ottoman vassalization
		command = { type = trigger which = 110000 } #ARA: Fall of the Mamluk Empire
		command = { type = trigger which = 301023 } #TUR: Submission of the Mamluk Sultan
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME219001C" #Continue to fight the Ottomans
		command = { type = stability value = -5 }
		command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 219013 } #MAM: The Ottoman invasion
	}
}

I do not like monarch triggers as its unweiding, plus the OR makes it too easy to fire

I do not like monarch triggers as its unweiding, plus the OR makes it too easy to fire

Too easy? The OR monarch Selim / stab trigger is an addition to the other conditions. It means that the event only happens if either Selim is monarch of the OE or the Mamlucks must be at stab -3, -2 or -1 (below 0). That does not make it easier, but HARDER to get the event to fire if the ottoman player tries to conquer the Mamlucks before Selim´s reign. And the stab part I found to be more realistic as it requires the Mamlucks actually to be experiencing the trouble they did historically.

Edit: In my current game as the OE I tried to get the event to fire early in the war with Bayezid II still as OE ruler. However the Mamluks were at +3 stability and due to my change the event would not fire. So I had to conquer some more provinces of them and lower their stability by offerering several peace deals demanding 11% less than I had warscore - and finally when their stab dropped below 0 their empire fell ^^

Last edited:
Event TUR 3394

The description of the event specifically states that Ali Bey waited with his revolt until the OE was in a war against Russia. Then the event should check it.

The event checks that the MAMlucks don´t exist. However at that time EGYpt could exist and then it makes no sense to tell the player that Ali was fighting for EGY independance.

The event checks that TUR owns the province of Egypt - however someone else might control it. Either Rebels or another state that is at war with TUR - should Ali´s revol lift a foreign attackers siege of Egypt to aid TUR? IMO no. So TUR needs to control the province.

As my suggested additions to the trigger make it harder to trigger the offset should be lower.

Code:
#(1770-1780) Ali Bey's Rebellion in Egypt
event = {
	id = 3394
	trigger = {
		      [color=yellow]AND = { [/color]
                                 owned = { province = 746 data = -1    }
                                 [color=yellow]control =  { province = 746 data = -1  }[/color]
                                }
		      NOT = { 
                            exists = MAM 
                            [color=yellow]exists = EGY[/color]
                           }
                      [color=yellow]OR = { 
                                AND = { atwar = yes
                                            neighbour = RUS
                                          }
                                war = { country = RUS country = TUR }
                               }[/color]
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3394" #Ali Bey's Rebellion in Egypt
	desc = "EVENTHIST3394"
	#-#When war broke out between Russia and Turkey, Ali Bey declared Egypt's independence and proposed to fight on the Russian side, refusing to pay any more taxes to the Ottomans. Next, he invaded Syria, but he was betrayed by his rival Ismaïl Bey and killed in 1773.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1770 }
	offset = [color=red]1000[/color][color=yellow]750[/color]
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1780 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3394A" #Crush the rebels
		command = { type = revolt which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = revolt which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = revolt which = 745 } #Delta
		command = { type = revolt which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = revolt which = 747 } #Nile
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3394B" #Negotiate a solution
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
	}
}

The Ottomans did at least take and hold Otranto and raided other cities in the province for almost a year and only problems with Skanderbeg delayed and the premature death of Mehmet II finally prevented that they took the whole province.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Otranto

IMO the main reason that AGCEEP did not give the OE a core on Tarent was that back then only one type of cores existed for EU2 and Tarent certainly never was a national province of the OE that granted them full manpower immediately.

I would suggest those changes to Albania and Tarent cores for the OE:

Code:
#(1421) The Conquests of Murad II
#by Chegitz Guevara
event = {
	id = 301001
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301001" #The Conquests of Murad II
	desc = "EVENTHIST301001"
	#-#During the reign of Murad II, Serbia and Bosnia were conquered briefly and the Ottomans attempted to conquer Albania.

date = { day = 26 month = may year = 1421 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301001A" #I will restore the Empire
		command = { type = addcore which = 355 } #Serbia
		[color=red]command = { type = addcore which = 361 } #Albania[/color]
                [color=yellow]command = { type = addcore_claim which = 361 } #Albania resisted first attempts to conquer it[/color]
		command = { type = addcore which = 364 } #Bosnia
		command = { type = casusbelli which = HUN value = 360 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = VEN value = 120 }
		#command = { type = AI which = TUR_MuradII.ai }
	}
}

#(1451) The Conquests of Mehmed II The Conqueror
event = {
	id = 301002
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301002" #The Conquests of Mehmed II The Conqueror
	desc = "EVENTHIST301002"
	#-#During Mehmed II's rule, Constantinople, Athens, Morea, Serbia, Bosnia, Karaman, Candar, Trebizond, Albania, Hercegovnia, Kercha, Kaffa and Otranto all fell to the Ottoman Sultan. In addition, he tried to take Rhodes. During his invasion of Italy, the Sultan died, which led to the evacuation of Otranto.

date = { day = 3 month = february year = 1451 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301002A" #We need expansion
		command = { type = addcore which = 359 } #Hellas
		command = { type = addcore which = 360 } #Morea
		command = { type = addcore which = 464 } #Kaffa
		command = { type = addcore which = 475 } #Trabzon
		command = { type = addcore which = 481 } #Rhodes
		command = { type = addcore which = 482 } #Konya
		command = { type = addcore which = 1609 } #Kastamonu
		command = { type = addcore which = 1611 } #Taurus
                [color=yellow]command = { type = addcore_national which = 361 } #Albania [/color]
                [color=yellow]command = { type = addcore_claim which = 394 } #Taranto Tarent Otranto[/color]
		command = { type = casusbelli which = HUN value = 362 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = VEN value = 362 }
		#command = { type = AI which = TUR_MehmetII.ai }
	}
}

[color=yellow]
#(1481-1820)
event = {
	id = 301133
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			control = { province = 394 data = -1 } #Tarent
					}
                   core_claim = { province = 394 data = -1 }
	             }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301133" #We have failed to defend our foothold in Italy
	desc = "EVENTHIST301002"
	#-#

date = { day = 03 month = may year = 1481 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = removecore_claim which = 394 } #Taranto
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 50 }
	}
}[/color]

Albania should not immediately give full manpower when they resisted the first attempt to conquer them. So I would add only the claim first and the national province core later.

Tarento should never be a national core so I would add only a claim and remove it as soon as the OE does not control Tarent after Mehmet II´s death.
I used the loss of the easternmost provinces event as template. There relations with PER are improved as the OE no longer claims those provinces.
When the OE no longer claims Tarent relations with FRA could rise. Tarent is part of the Kingdom of Naples that FRA at one time claims for themselves and FRA and the OE have a hard time being friends due to the diplomatic penalty of not tolerating the others religion while historically both worked closely together against the HRE.

should this same logic be applied to Venice and its apulian holdings, In the league of Cambrai , Spain only entered as they where offered the venetian apulian area as trophy for defeating Venice. ............or are we making these ( your event) minor side issues to relevant?

should this same logic be applied to Venice and its apulian holdings, In the league of Cambrai , Spain only entered as they where offered the venetian apulian area as trophy for defeating Venice. ............or are we making these ( your event) minor side issues to relevant?

The aragonese might have only joined to gain the venetian holdings in Apulia - but that is no problem as Aragon/Spain already gets "national cores" on the whole of Naples and Apulia during the game. The new "claimcore" does not give full manpower immediately and leaves nationalisms 3% revoltrisk intact - and as I intend to remove the claim as soon as Mehmed II dies and the Ottomans don´t control the province I think it simulates the historic capture of the province and the failure to keep it after Mehmed II. death.

Edit: I think I misunderstood you. You did mean if VEN should get a core and not if Aragon should get a core and you meant those holdings?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Repubblica_di_Venezia.png
In that case the question is: Should Venice ingame wage a war to conquer Apulia from Naples to try to control the whole province? IMO no. And so VEN should not have a core to prevent them declaring war on Naples for that core.
However if VEN should get control of the province then I could see reason to give VEN a claimcore as they had owned a small part of the province.

Last edited:
Two new KARaman events

Reading the description of the hungarian event about the Crusade of Varna I noticed a hint that while the Turks were attacked by Hungary the Karamanlis backstabbed them. Wikipedia seems to confirm that in the articles about the Crusade and Karaman:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade_of_Varna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karamanoğlu#History

Therefore (and because Karaman has only 1 boring event) I suggest several new events.

First using the HUN Crusade of Varna event as template:

Code:
[color=yellow]
#(1442-1460) Attack the Turks while they are the target of a crusade
event = {
	id = 197001
	trigger = {
			neighbour = TUR
			event = 188099 #HUN: Crusade against the Turks
			owned = { province = 482 data = KAR }
			control = { province = 482 data = KAR } #Konya
			owned = { province = 1611 data = KAR }
			control = { province = 1611 data = KAR } #Taurus
			NOT = { 
				vassal = { country = KAR country = TUR }
				alliance = { country = KAR country = TUR }
				}
                        OR = {
				war = { country = TUR country = HUN }
				war = { country = TUR country = SER }
				war = { country = TUR country = VEN }
			       }
			}
	random = no
	country = KAR
	name = "EVENTNAME188099" #Crusade against the Turks
	desc = "EVENTHIST188099"
	#-#After King Wladyslaw managed to pacify the opposition Hungary, he turned his attention to the Ottoman Empire. At the same time, this problem was brought more closely into the attention of other Christian powers. Knights of Saint John, remnants of the Byzantine Empire and Republic of Ragusa were the most active in demands for coordinated offensive against the Turks. The dynastic civil war in Ottoman Empire made these initiatives sound more realistic than before. Pope's first reaction was to send Cardinal Julian Cesarini to aid the pacification of Wladyslaw's opponents in Hungary. Between Cesarini's splendid efforts and Hunyadi's great military leadership, Hungary was more ready for war than ever. Hunyadi won his first crushing vicotory against an invading Ottoman army in Hungary in 1442, and already in 1443 he broke the 80000-strong Ottoman army in Wallachia. These victories and the news of Ottoman defeat against Karaman greatly emboldened the Christian monarchs. Just after Hunyadi's victory in Wallachia, the Pope decided to aid the war effort with a fifth of his annual income. In June 1443, an army of 25,000 with focus on cavalry headed south to attack the Ottomans in Serbia. The army was lead by King Wladyslaw himself and his most loyal vassals: Janos Hunyadi, Djuradj Brankovic and Dracul. In November, Janos Hunyadi lead the charge of 12000 Hungarian knights that completely broke the Ottoman army near Nis. Sofia fell to Christian forces in December. The winter stop the Christian invasion and tired Hungarian soldiers returned to their Kingdom in January 1444. Invasion resumed in June 1444, aided by a fleet made of Venetian and Papal galleys, with Burgundian fleet on its way.

date = { day = 2 month = june year = 1442 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { year = 1460 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME188099A" #Now let's take care of the Turks
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 3000 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 10 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 10 }
		command = { type = relation which = SER value = 10 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 10 }
		command = { type = relation which = MAM value = 30 }
		command = { type = war which = TUR }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME188099B" #We dare not
		command = { type = vp value = -5 }
		}
}
[/color]

Change to existing KAR event in which they become vassals of the OE and promise to not attack them again.

Code:
#(1444-1478) The Weakened Karamani State
event = {
	id = 197000 #triggered by TUR_301504
	random = no
	country = KAR
	name = "EVENTNAME197000" #The Weakened Karamani State
	desc = "EVENTHIST197000"
	#-#The armies of Ottoman Sultan Murad were sent to Anatolia where they defeated Karaman in 1428. In 1444 a treaty was finally signed forcing the Karamani Emir Ibrahim to accept a humiliating treaty which reduced the Karamanis to be Ottoman vassals. This form of new treaty was clearly that of a vassal unilaterally making a promise to his lord to maintain peace and to abstain from actions which would damage interests to his sovereign.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME197000A" #Does the end draw near?
		command = { type = vp value = -10 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -300 }
                [color=yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 476 } #Angora
                command = { type = removecore which = 477 } #Anatolia
                command = { type = removecore which = 1610 } #Antalya[/color]
	               }
}

New event to inherit Karaman, Candar inheritance as template:

Code:
#(1487-1820) End of the Karamanli beylik
event = {
	id = 197002
	trigger = {
		NOT = { countrysize = 2 }
		OR = {
                          war = { country = TUR country = KAR}
                          vassal = { country = KAR country = TUR }
                         }
	}
	random = no
	country = KAR
	name = "EVENTNAME197000" #The Weakened Karamani State
	desc = "EVENTHIST197002"
	#-#The armies of Ottoman Sultan Murad were sent to Anatolia where they defeated Karaman in 1428. In 1444 a treaty was finally signed forcing the Karamani Emir Ibrahim to accept a humiliating treaty which reduced the Karamanis to be Ottoman vassals. This form of new treaty was clearly that of a vassal unilaterally making a promise to his lord to maintain peace and to abstain from actions which would damage interests to his sovereign. In 1487 the Karamanli state finally was absorbed as a province into the Ottoman Empire and ceased to exist.

date = { year = 1487 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME141000A" #A generous offer (End Game)
		command = { type = trigger which = 301135 } #TUR: Karaman submits
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME141000B" #Continue to hold out
		command = { type = population which = -1 value = -500 }
		command = { type = infra value = -100 }
		command = { type = trade value = -200 }
		command = { type = manpower value = -2 }
	}
}

Code:
[color=yellow]
#(1487-1820) Karaman submits
event = {
	id = 301135 #triggered by KAR_197002 A
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME197000" #Karaman submits
	desc = "EVENTHIST197002"
	#-#The armies of Ottoman Sultan Murad were sent to Anatolia where they defeated Karaman in 1428. In 1444 a treaty was finally signed forcing the Karamani Emir Ibrahim to accept a humiliating treaty which reduced the Karamanis to be Ottoman vassals. This form of new treaty was clearly that of a vassal unilaterally making a promise to his lord to maintain peace and to abstain from actions which would damage interests to his sovereign. In 1487 the Karamanli state finally was absorbed as a province into the Ottoman Empire and ceased to exist.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301130A" #Karaman ours
		command = { type = treasury value = -60 }
		command = { type = inherit which = KAR }
                 	}
}
[/color]

TUR file:
#First free id: 301136

KAR file:
#First free id: 197003

Last edited:
event TUR3374

Code:
#(1538-1560) Mimar Sinan's Great Constructions
event = {
	id = 3374
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
                [color=yellow]control = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
                controlchange = { province = 357 years = 7 }#took 8 years to complete the Süleimaniye[/color]
                }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3374" #Mimar Sinan's Great Constructions
	desc = "EVENTHIST3374"
	#-#Mimar Sinan planned and oversaw the construction of countless mosques, aqueducts, bathhouses, bridges, palaces, caravanserais and schools during his half-a-century long career. His masterpieces are the Selimiye and Suleymaniye Mosques in Adrianople and Constantinople respectively.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1538 }
	offset = 720
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1560 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3374A" #Build great works
		command = { type = treasury value = -1000 }
		command = { type = infra value = 2000 }
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = gainmanufactory which = -2 value = luxury }
		command = { type = vp value = 50 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3374B" #Build modest works
		command = { type = treasury value = -200 }
		command = { type = infra value = 800 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3374C" #Invest in fortifications instead
		command = { type = treasury value = -300 }
		command = { type = fortress which = -2 value = 1 }
		command = { type = fortress which = -1 value = 1 }
		command = { type = land value = 500 }
	}
	action_d = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3374D" #We have no money for such things!
		command = { type = vp value = -30 }
		command = { type = infra value = -200 }
		command = { type = land value = -200 }
	}
}

In AGCEEP the Ottomans never get a core on several provinces they ruled or that were under indirect control.

e.g. in my current game as the Ottomans I was in a great war against the Safavids. And the Hungarians used that time to annex my vassal Wallachia.
I know that I get cores on Hungary in a few years by event - but not on Wallachia.

Do I really need to pay full BB for conquering a province that is supposed to be my semi-independant vassal?

I suggest to give the Ottomans a claimcore (not the full core) on Moldavia and Wallachia by event if at any time someone else conquers those provinces.

Edit: German WIKI has a simplified map of Ottoman influence here
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmanisch-Safawidischer_Krieg_(1578–1590)

Starting from an existing event made by Fodoron used as template I made those:

Edit:
Massawa province 752
according to WIKI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massawa
conquered by the Ottomans in 1557 and held until after the end of the game 1820 then ceded to Egypt. Currently the OE never gains a core on that province.

Code:
#(1500-1820) The Ottoman claim on Massawa
#by ConjurerDragon
event = {
	id = 301136
	trigger = {
			NOT = { exists = MAM  #Mamluks defeated
                                     war = { country = TUR country = HAB }
                                     war = { country = TUR country = PER } #not distracted by major war
                                     } 
                       OR = {
                                   owned = { province = 498 data = -1 } #Mekkah Habesh
                                   owned = { province = 746 data = -1 } #Egypt
			           }
                       stability = 0 # at least somewhat stable and not too much internal unrest
                        OR = {
                                   year = 1557
                                   control = { province = 752 data = -1 } #Massawa
                                  }
          }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301136" #The ottomans conquer Massawa
	desc = "EVENTHIST301136"
	#-#Historically after their brilliant victory over the Mamluck Empire the Ottomans continued to expand their rule southward slowed only when they were preoccupied with their larger wars in Europe or against the Safavid heretics.

date = {  year = 1500 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = {  year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 752 }  #Massawa
			}
}

Edit:
Aden province 500
Currently the Ottomans only gain a core on Aden if an event for Aden fires that triggers an Ottoman event. In my current game Yemen had annexed Aden - no event and no core on Aden for me...
Second capture of Aden according to WIKI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Aden_(1548)

Code:
#(1513-1700) The Ottoman claim to Aden in case Aden does not exist
#by ConjurerDragon
event = {
	id = 301137
	trigger = {
			NOT = { exists = ADE  #Aden does not exist
                                war = { country = TUR country = PER }
                               core_national = { province = 500 data = -1 }
                                }  #no major distractions in the north and not already a core
                       OR = {
                              owned = { province = 747 data = -1 } #Nile
			     }
    			stability = 0
                        OR = {
                               leader = 0139330 # Piri Reis historically captured Aden 1548
                               control = { province = 500 data = -1 } #Aden
                              }
			 }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301137" #The ottomans conquer Aden. Again.
	desc = "EVENTHIST301137"
	#-#Historically the Capture of Aden of 1548 was accomplished when Ottomans under Piri Reis managed to take the harbour of Aden in Yemen from the Portuguese on 26 February 1548.

date = {  year = 1513 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = {  year = 1700 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 500 } #Aden
			}
}

Yemen, province 499
Currently the Ottomans only gain a core when an event for Yemen fires that triggers an event for the ottomans.
Should Yemen be conquered before that the Ottomans never gain that core.
According to WIKI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Yemen#Islamic_history
Yemen should either be part of the Mamluks and inherited with the remains of the Mamluks by the Ottomans or the Ottomans should gain a claim-core already 1517.

Code:
#(1517-1820) The Ottoman claim to Yemen in case Yemen does not exist
#by ConjurerDragon
event = {
	id = 301138
	trigger = {
			NOT = { exists = MAM  #Mamluks are gone
                                war = { country = TUR country = PER }
				core_national = { province = 499 data = -1 }
                                }  #no major distractions in the north and not already a core
                       OR = {
			     }
    			stability = 0
                        OR = {
                               leader = 0139330 # Piri Reis 
                               control = { province = 499 data = -1 } #Yemen
                              }
			 }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301138" #The ottomans conquer Yemen. Again.
	desc = "EVENTHIST301138"
	#-#Historically Yemen was overrun in 1517 by ottoman troops after the fall of the mamluk empire

date = {  year = 1517 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = {  year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 499 } #Yemen
			}
}

Province Muscat, 504
Currently the Ottomans have an event 301016 that gives them a rebellion if they own Muscat - but they never gain a core on the province...?
According to WIKI Muscat was captured by the Ottomans during their struggle against the portuguese presence in the indian ocean
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Muscat_(1552)

Code:
#(1540-1770) The Ottoman claim to Muscat 
#by ConjurerDragon
event = {
	id = 301139
	trigger = {
			NOT = { exists = MAM  #Mamluks are gone
                                     war = { country = TUR country = SPA }
                                   }  #no major distractions in the north 
                         owned = { province = 500 data = -1 } #Aden base for Piri Reis to attack Muscat
			 stability = 0 # not tot much internal unrest
                        OR = {
                               leader = 0139330 # Piri Reis 
                               control = { province = 504 data = -1 } # Muscat
                              }
			 }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301139" #The ottomans conquer Muscat.
	desc = "EVENTHIST301139"
	#-#Historically Muscat was captured by forces under the leadership of Piri Reis in 1552 after the capture of Aden.

date = {  year = 1540 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = {  year = 1770 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 504 } #Muscat
			}
}

Change to existing revolt event:

Code:
#(1740-1770) The Omani Rebellion
event = {
	id = 301016
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			  [color=yellow]AND = { [/color]
                                        owned = { province = 504 data = -1 } #Mascate
                                        control = { province = 504 data = -1 } #we do not want the rebels to revolt if someone else occupies the prov and not the OE
                               [color=yellow]        }  [/color]
			vassal = { country = TUR country = OMA }
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301016" #The Omani rebellion
	desc = "EVENTHIST301016"
	#-#The Ottoman rule in Oman was ended when Ahmad ibn Said of Yemen expelled them and restored the independent Omani Sultanate in 1741.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1740 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1770 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301016A" #Let them go
		command = { type = independence which = OMA }
                [color=yellow]command = { type = removecore_claim which = 504  } #Muscat[/color]
		command = { type = trigger which = 248000 } #OMA: Ahmad ibn Said seizes power
		command = { type = trigger which = 301046 } #TUR: Omani independence
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3391B" #Crush the rebels
		command = { type = revolt which = 504 } #Mascate
		command = { type = revolt which = 504 } #Mascate
		command = { type = revolt which = 503 } #Masirah
		command = { type = revolt which = 505 } #Al Kharam
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 4 }
	}
}

Last edited:
Double horrible plague?

The ottomans have an event TUR 3396 for the horrible plague in Anatolia

Code:
#(1770) The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
event = {
	id = 3396
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 477 data = -1 } #Anatolia
			owned = { province = 476 data = -1 } #Angora
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3396" #The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
	desc = "EVENTHIST3396"
	#-#During the 18th and early 19th centuries, Anatolia was afflicted with intermittent outbreaks of cholera and the bubonic plague.

offset = 360

action_a = {
		name = "OH_NO"
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -7000 } #Anatolia
		command = { type = population which = 476 value = -2000 } #Angora
	}
}

And there is a global provincescpecific event for the horrible plague in Anatolia:
Code:
#(1738-1741) The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
event = {
	id = 338487
	random = no
	province = 477 #Anatolia
	name = "EVENTNAME338487" #The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
	desc = "EVENTHIST338487"
	#-#During the 18th and early 19th centuries, Anatolia was afflicted with intermittent outbreaks of cholera and the bubonic plague.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1738 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1741 }

action_a = {
		name = "DARN"
	}
}

If that is the same plague then the Ottomans suffer both while all other owners of Anatolia only one of them.

If different outbreaks of plague are meant then both events should be provincespecific and not ownerspecific - every state would have suffered them at that point.

Simply delete the turkish event so that only the provincespecifi remains?
Create a 2nd provincespecific event for Angora because the turkish plague covers both Anatolia and Angora but the provincspecific only 1?

Double horrible plague?

Code:
event = {
	id = 3396
	trigger = {
		OR = {
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	desc = "EVENTHIST3396"

offset = 360

action_a = {
		name = "OH_NO"
	}
}

And there is a global provincescpecific event for the horrible plague in Anatolia:
Code:
event = {
	id = 338487
	random = no
	province = 477 #Anatolia
	desc = "EVENTHIST338487"

offset = 1000

action_a = {
		name = "DARN"
	}
}

If that is the same plague then the Ottomans suffer both while all other owners of Anatolia only one of them.

If different outbreaks of plague are meant then both events should be provincespecific and not ownerspecific - every state would have suffered them at that point.

Create a 2nd provincespecific event for Angora because the turkish plague covers both Anatolia and Angora but the provincspecific only 1?

In reading this:

Anatolia was afflicted with intermittent outbreaks

maybe the purpose of both events was tro recreate two outbreaks of plague.

In conclusion, if we want to have just provincespecific events independently from who owns what, we should split the TUR event into two events: one for 477 province and one for 476 province. Then those two events are to be included in the AGCEEP_Global_ProvinceSpec.eue file.

And Angora should get one event, imo. I think it was included as bordering province of Anatolia, wasn't it?

As an alternative option in order for TUR to get a specific event for plague and just to let people know that TUR will get plague when reading TUR events, we could do as for VEN plague.
The province specific event for the plague in Veneto (370) is # 338024. This event fires VEN_326033 event producing more effects in it.

Double horrible plague?

Code:
event = {
	id = 3396
	trigger = {
		OR = {
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	desc = "EVENTHIST3396"

offset = 360

action_a = {
		name = "OH_NO"
	}
}

Code:
event = {
	id = 338487
	random = no
	province = 477 #Anatolia
	desc = "EVENTHIST338487"

offset = 1000

action_a = {
		name = "DARN"
	}
}

not really horrible, they barely loose anything, best to change from 7000 to 7%

not really horrible, they barely loose anything, best to change from 7000 to 7%

What size does the population normally have in that province at that time? More than 100000 so that 7% would be more than 7000?
As far as I remember the population can´t get below 1000 regardless of what amount we substract (even if it would be - 10000000 ) so we could just use some extremely high number to simply reduce the province to the minimum.

Kara Mustafa and the siege of Vienna

In my current game I´m decimating the Habsburgs and dislike the dates of Kara Mustafa as Ottoman leader:

Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0139340 }
	category = general
	name = "Kara Mustafa"
	startdate = {
		[color=red]day = 1
		month = december[/color]
		year = [color=red]1676[/color][color=yellow]1672[/color]
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = [color=red]15[/color][color=yellow]25[/color]
		month = [color=red]october[/color][color=yellow]december[/color]
		year = 1683
	}
	rank = 1
	movement = 2
	fire = 2
	shock = 2
	siege = 0
	dormant = no
}

His "death date" actually is not the time of his death (execution was on 25.12.1683) but when he was deposed after the lost siege of vienna.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Mustafa

IMO if the Ottoman Empire does not lose the siege then Kara would not have been deposed and not executed and could live longer as a leader.

I suggest this:

1) Earlier start date 1672 when he was involved in the capture of Podolia.
2) later deathdate with the historical date of his execution - or even later.
3) An event that sleeps "executes" him when the OE does not control Austria/annihilated Habsburgs/vassalized Habsburgs by 1683.

Code:
#(1683) Death of Kara Mustafa
event = {
	id = 301140
	trigger = { 
		    neighbour = HAB
		    NOT = { control = { province = 351 data = -1 } } #Austria Vienna
		    NOT = { vassal = { country = HAB country = TUR }  }			
		  }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME179052" #Death of Kara Mustafa
	desc = "EVENTHIST179052"
	#-#Historically Kara Mustafa Pascha did not succeed in taking Vienna - the golden apple of ottoman desire - and his critical failure in the battle for vienna was a major disaster as soon the ottoman troops had to retreat from Habsburg Austria and would soon lose Hungary.

date = { day = 15 month = october year = 1683 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301140A" #Depose and execute
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 0139340 } #Kara Mustafa Pasha (TUR)
		}
	}

Last edited:
Ottoman events regarding the partition of Hungary

In my current game as the Ottoman Empire I came to the point of quarreling with the Habsburgs over ownership of Hungary and I think the events could be improved:

IMO checking that HUN exists is useless because if the trigger that HUN is a vassal of TUR is true then HUN must exist.

I would change the inherit to the new annex command - else the Ottomans inherit all of Hungarys armies too and gain the country for far less BB.

If the OE ahistorically decides in the b choice not to fight for Hungary and let the Habsburgs have it then that´s a gift that deserves a relation boost and perhaps a small reduction in BB as they step down instead of fighting.

When the OE annexes hungary then it should not cede Magyar and Maros provinces to HAB.
According to the 1550 map of Hungary here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Hungary
and to the eyalets shown here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Elayet_of_temesvar.png

Buda / Budin and everything south of it should be in Ottoman hands after Mohacs until the end of the century
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budin_Province,_Ottoman_Empire

Code:
#(1540) The Death of János Zápolya
event = {
	id = 19021
	trigger = {
		exists = HAB
		[color=red]exists = HUN[/color]
		vassal = { country = TUR country = HUN }
		OR = {
			event = 301067 #TUR: János II submits to Suleyman (ahistorical, no Lajos II Jagiellon)
			event = 3186 #HAB: The Turk is expanding in Hungary (Lajos' death at Mohacs)
			event = 179143 #HAB: The Turk is expanding in Hungary (Lajos' ahistorical death)
		}
		event = 3186 #HAB: The Turk is expanding in Hungary
		NOT = { event = 19019 } #TUR: The Death of János Zápolya
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME19019" #The Death of János Zápolya
	desc = "EVENTHIST19021"
	#-#Zápolya's reign was contested from the very beginning. In 1538, Zápolya had secretly promised Ferdinand of Austria the Hungarian crown in order to buy peace. In 1540, while putting down a revolt in Transylvania, János died from illness. With Zapolya's death, Ferdinand again invaded Hungary to try to claim his inheritance. Finally the Ottoman Sultan, having had enough with the chaos in his vassal, Hungary, split the country in two. He annexed Hungary, while Ferdinand held the Western portion.

date = { day = 22 month = july year = 1540 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME19019A" #Split the Kingdom
		command = { type = [color=red]inherit[/color][color=yellow]annex[/color] which = HUN }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 179135 } #HAB: The Habsburg Inheritance of Hungary
		command = { type = trigger which = 301068 } #TUR: The partition of Hungary
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME19019C" #Let Ferdinand have it!
		command = { type = trigger which = 19018 } #HUN: The Habsburg rule in Hungary
                [color=yellow]command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 100 }
                command = { type = badboy value = -1 }  [/color]
	                  }
                         }

#(1540) The partition of Hungary
event = {
	id = 301068 #triggered by TUR_19021 A
	trigger = {
		[color=red]OR = {
			owned = { province = 325 data = -1 } #Magyar
			owned = { province = 353 data = -1 } #Pest[/color]
			owned = { province = 316 data = -1 } #Carpathia
		[color=red]}[/color]
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301068" #The partition of Hungary
	desc = "EVENTHIST301068"
	#-#Hungary would remain divided between the two countries for the next 170 years.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301068A" #The western part to Austria
		[color=red]command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 325 } #Magyar
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 353 } #Pest[/color]
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 316 } #Carpathia
	}
}

Last edited:
OE/HAB/HUN events

The core on Vienna from event 19022 should be moved to the "to vienna" 301087 event. Only cosmetical as "to vienna" is triggered by "a foothold in Hungary".

With the new types of cores the core on Vienna should no longer be a national core as the OE never ruled Vienna. So I suggest to reduce it to a claimcore instead in all other TUR events too (301125 , 301126, 19023, 301064).

Code:
#(1526) A foothold in Hungary
#(it can fire with both Lajos' deaths, HUN_19014 A or 19017 A)
event = {
	id = 19022 #triggered by HAB_3186 A / HAB_179143 A
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME19022" #A foothold in Hungary
	desc = "EVENTHIST19022"
	#-#When Ferdinand attempted to uphold his claims in the Balkans by force, Suleyman felt that he had no choice but to respond in the same vein, lest Ferdinand expand his domain right up to the Sultan's border.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME19023A" #We will defend our interests
		command = { type = vassal which = HUN }
		command = { type = stability value = 5 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 316 } #Carpathia
		command = { type = addcore which = 317 } #Ruthenia
		command = { type = addcore which = 323 } #Transylvania
		command = { type = addcore which = 324 } #Maros
		command = { type = addcore which = 325 } #Magyar
		command = { type = addcore which = 326 } #Presburg
		command = { type = addcore which = 353 } #Pest
		command = { type = addcore which = 354 } #Banat
		command = { type = addcore which = 366 } #Croatia
		command = { type = addcore which = 352 } #Odenburg
		command = { type = addcore which = 367 } #Krain
		[color=red]command = { type = addcore which = 351 } #Austria[/color]
		command = { type = trigger which = 301087 } #TUR: To Vienna
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME19023B" #Let that infidel Ferdinand have Hungary so we can expand elsewhere
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = HUN value = 100 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 3 }
	}
}

Code:
#(1526) To Vienna
event = {
	id = 301087 #triggered by TUR_19022 A
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301087" #To Vienna
	desc = "EVENTHIST301087"
	#-#The policy that was intended to secure the Ottoman Empire against the Habsburg threat had instead plunged the two empires into war.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301087A" #Let's protect Hungary
		command = { type = alliance which = HUN } #in order HUN not to be alone versus HAB later
		command = { type = war which = HAB }
         	[color=yellow]command = { type = addcore_claim which = 351 } #Austria[/color]
	               }
            }

Edit:
Almost forgot: When the event is changed so that the OE only gets a claimcore on Vienna then the 1648 scenario needs to be changed too.

Code:
nationalprovinces = {
		296 316 317 319 320 321 323 324 325 326 354 [color=red]351[/color] 352 353 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363
		364 365 366 367 464 465 470 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 481 482 483 484 485 486 488 489
		490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 508 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746
		747 748 749 820 1609 1610 1611
	}
[color=yellow]claimedprovinces = {
	        351	# Vienna 
	}[/color]

Last edited:
Infidel alliance and Capitulations event

Currently the first event of the chain allows the french player to decide to form the "alliance" and raises relations by
250 - while the turkish event that confirms the alliance (or not) does not raise relations. So even if TUR decides NOT to aid FRA relations are improved +250. I suggest to split the relation boost between both events so that the full effect only happens if both chose historical A

Historically the turkish fleet could use french ports, e.g. wintering in Marseille or Toulon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Ottoman_alliance
when they raided spanish and italian coasts and french and ottoman forces worked togther . They even besieged enemies together
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Nice
Should FRA grant TUR military access with action A?

Code:
#(1536-1544) The alliance with the Turk
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 170051
	trigger = {
		exists = TUR
		OR = {
			event = 170049 #FRA: The Habsburgs in Milan -I-
			event = 170155 #FRA: The Habsburgs in Milan -II-
		}
		NOT = { war = { country = FRA country = TUR } }
	}
	random = no
	country = FRA
	name = "EVENTNAME170051" #The alliance with the Turk
	desc = "EVENTHIST170051"
	#-#Since Genoa and Milan returned within the Spanish-Habsburgs influence while Firenze, Venice and Papal States were too weak to withstand the Habsburgs military power, in order to open a second front against Charles V, François Ier, 'the most Christian King', decided to seek the help of 'the Turk', Sultan Süleyman I, who was ruling a power on the rise, a menace to both the Empire and Spain, the Ottoman Empire. The main purposes of this alliance, stipulated in disguise of a trade agreement, was the planned combined attack to the Empire from two opposite fronts and the use of the Turkish galleys led by Kair-ed-din Barbarossa to engage the enemy's fleet and to raid the coastal villages of Italy and Spain. The alliance that had been under discussion since 1525 was preliminarily agreed in February 1535 and formalized in February 1536 between French ambassador Laforest and Grand Vizier Ibrahim. The treaty also granted the French commercial concessions in the Ottoman Empire replacing Venice, as well as conceded the so called capitulations which also allowed French consuls legal jurisdiction over French subjects in Ottoman domains and recognized the French King as protector of the Christian holy places in Palestine, concessions that would have long-term effects on Ottoman relations with other foreign powers as well as internal development. The pact was kept secret, though, because to the Christians, the impious alliance between the Most Christian King and the worst enemy of Christendom was a heinous act.

date = { day = 2 month = February year = 1536 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 17 month = September year = 1544}

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME170051A" #Ask the Turk's favour
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value =[color=red]250[/color][color=yellow]125
                command = { type = giveaccess which = TUR }[/color] }
		command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = -50 }
		command = { type = trade value = 200 }
		command = { type = merchants value = 2 }
		command = { type = badboy value = 2 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 301019 } #TUR: The alliance with the Infidels
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME170051B" #No relations with the Turk
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 25 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 50017 } #TUR: The Capitulations
                [color=yellow]command = { type = cancelaccess which = TUR }
                command = { type = revokeaccess which = TUR } [/color]
	               }
}

Code:
#(1536-1544) The alliance with the Infidels
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 301019 #triggered by FRA_170051 A
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301019" #The alliance with the Infidels
	desc = "EVENTHIST170051"
	#-#Since Genoa and Milan returned within the Spanish-Habsburgs influence while Firenze, Venice and Papal States were too weak to withstand the Habsburgs military power, in order to open a second front against Charles V, François Ier, 'the most Christian King', decided to seek the help of 'the Turk', Sultan Süleyman I, who was ruling a power on the rise, a menace to both the Empire and Spain, the Ottoman Empire. The main purposes of this alliance, stipulated in disguise of a trade agreement, was the planned combined attack to the Empire from two opposite fronts and the use of the Turkish galleys led by Kair-ed-din Barbarossa to engage the enemy's fleet and to raid the coastal villages of Italy and Spain. The alliance that had been under discussion since 1525 was preliminarily agreed in February 1535 and formalized in February 1536 between French ambassador Laforest and Grand Vizier Ibrahim. The treaty also granted the French commercial concessions in the Ottoman Empire replacing Venice, as well as conceded the so called capitulations which also allowed French consuls legal jurisdiction over French subjects in Ottoman domains and recognized the French King as protector of the Christian holy places in Palestine, concessions that would have long-term effects on Ottoman relations with other foreign powers as well as internal development. The pact was kept secret, though, because to the Christians, the impious alliance between the Most Christian King and the worst enemy of Christendom was a heinous act.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301019A" #Support the Most Christian King!
		command = { type = casusbelli which = SPA value = 60 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = HAB value = 60 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = GEN value = 60 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = VEN value = 60 }
                [color=yellow] command = { type = relation which = FRA value =125[/color] }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = -50 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301019B" #I changed my mind
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -[color=red]250[/color][color=yellow]125
                command = { type = cancelaccess which = FRA}
                command = { type = revokeaccess which = TUR }[/color] }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 50017 } #TUR: The Capitulations
	}
}

Code:
#(1536-1550) The Capitulations
event = {
	id = 50017
	trigger = {
		event = 170051 #FRA: The alliance with the Turk
		exists = FRA
		domestic = { type = mercantilism value = 7 }
		NOT = { war = { country = TUR country = FRA } }
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME50017" #The Capitulations
	desc = "EVENTHIST50017"
	#-#Süleyman intended to support France against Austria, and was therefore not averse to reducing tariffs on French goods, and allowing the French diplomatic representatives greater powers within the Empire. While initially this led to an increase in wealth, the system would ultimately come to be abused by most European powers.

date = { day = 2 month = april year = 1536 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1550 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME50017A" #Reduce tariffs
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = -1 }
		command = { type = trade value = 500 }
                [color=yellow]command = { type = givetrade which = FRA }[/color]
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 125 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME50017B" #The French will pay as the others
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = 1 }
		command = { type = trade value = -300 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 50 }
		}
}

Last edited:
should SAV exist and own piedmont in your proposed changes?