• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kiesenberg

First Lieutenant
74 Badges
Oct 23, 2009
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Conquests of Selim II

I just got a new Monarch in my Ottoman game and the only new core that I got was Cyprus. Now I understand that they are based on the leaders historical conquests and I have been trying to stick to focusing on getting the areas each Monarch tried to get and only going for other bits if I had time afterwards. However during a war with Venice I gained Cyprus and as such was wondering whether it would be a good idea to have an event where if Cyprus was already captured then Selim II would not interfere with his Grand Visors plans and the Ottomans could get cores in Spain instead.

15cbzfo.png

I just got a new Monarch in my Ottoman game and the only new core that I got was Cyprus. Now I understand that they are based on the leaders historical conquests and I have been trying to stick to focusing on getting the areas each Monarch tried to get and only going for other bits if I had time afterwards. However during a war with Venice I gained Cyprus and as such was wondering whether it would be a good idea to have an event where if Cyprus was already captured then Selim II would not interfere with his Grand Visors plans and the Ottomans could get cores in Spain instead.
Remember that AGCEEP's events are meant to simulate history and therefore don't give that much room for ahistorical expansion of core territory. However, in this case (and a few similar ones), I could see the validity of giving the player a choice: option_a, leaving things as they are, and option_b where the player gets a CB/claim on Spain's "moorish" provinces for a big price in BB and so on.

Ottoman-expansion related events

Hello... does anyone know the conditions under which the "Albanian refugee" event fires (for Venice)? To clarify, this is the event which grants Albanian as an accepted culture to the Venetians.

Is it necessary for the Ottomans to conquer Albania, or will this event fire naturally @ some specific date?

Also, what are the triggers for the "Turkification" of Byzantium? If the Ottos conquer it, will this event fire immediately, or is there some other pre-requisite (re: not @ war).

It's already 1460, and I'm getting a bit nervous... Byzantium hasn't fallen, and I have a large troop stack in Macedonia/Hellas. My original plan was: let Byzantium fall, then promptly re-conquer it (from the Turks). As for Albania, I don't want to touch it before we're "culturally compatible".

You're playing AGCEEP right? For the first event:

Code:
#(1468-1480) Gift from Skanderbeg
event = {
	id = 326018
	trigger = { exists = ALB }
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME326018" #Gift from Skanderbeg
	desc = "EVENTHIST326018"
	#-#Venice's staunchest ally against the turks, Skanderbeg, the Albanian 'Athlete of Christendom', died of malaria in 1468. In his mountains he had held his own against the fury of the Ottoman army even when it was led by the sultan in person. He bequeathed his country and his cause to Venice as 'the most faithful and valiant of his allies', but Venice was able to defend only a few major Albanian cities while turkish armies occupied the others.

date = { day = 2 month = july year = 1468 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = june year = 1480 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME326018A" #New Friends
		command = { type = add_countryculture which = albanian }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 1 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -100 }
		command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = -1 }
	}
}

According to the trigger the event will happen if Albania exists between 1468 and 1480.

For the other event (I guess you mean this one):

Code:
#(1419-1491) The City of Men's Desire - Capital moved
event = {
	id = 3353
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
		control = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
		atwar = no
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3353" #The City of Men's Desire
	desc = "EVENTHIST3353"
	#-#Mehmed II's first action upon conquering Constantinople was marching into the Hagia Sofia and converting it into a mosque. The Sultan planned to make the great city the capital of a new revitalized--and Moslem--version of the Eastern Roman Empire. Mehmed dreamed of expanding the borders of his empire to match the Byzantines at their peak. He did not live to see that happen, but he did oversee the move of the Ottoman capital to Constantinople, which henceforth became known as Istanbul.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1491 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3353A" #Make Constantinople the new Capital
		command = { type = flagname which = "" } #default set
		command = { type = capital which = 357 } #Thrace
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = turkish } #Thrace
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 477 value = turkish } #Anatolia
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 478 value = turkish } #Smyrna
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 477 value = sunni } #Anatolia
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 478 value = sunni } #Smyrna
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 357 value = sunni } #Thrace
		command = { type = population which = 357 value = 20000 } #Thrace
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -5000 } #Anatolia
		command = { type = population which = 478 value = -4000 } #Smyrna
		command = { type = population which = 356 value = -3000 } #Bulgaria
		command = { type = population which = 358 value = -2000 } #Macedonia
		command = { type = population which = 1610 value = -2000 } #Antalya
		command = { type = population which = 476 value = -2000 } #Angora
		command = { type = population which = 321 value = -1000 } #Rumelia
		command = { type = population which = 320 value = -1000 } #Dobrudja
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 357 value = 3 } #Thrace
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3353B" #Keep the old one
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 358 value = turkish } #Macedonia
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -3 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}

You're right. As it says, it will trigger if atwar = no is true, so if you hurry after the annexation, the event won't happen

Thanks Olav... I'm still a neophyte in reading/editing the scripts. As of this moment, I re-conquered Constantinople (pretty easy, I already had military access, so my 30k stack was already present at the moment I declared war).

I think that Albania will still exist by 1480...

I have one more question...

under what conditions do the Venetians inherit Cyprus? I just saw a report that the Cypriots "went with 'Choose a Byzantine Princess, but seek Papal recognition'". Does this mean my chances of inheriting = none?

we should not wait for war to cease for TUR to change capital, its unhistorical

Code:
#(1419-1491) The City of Men's Desire - Capital moved
event = {
	id = 3353
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
		control = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
		[COLOR="Red"]atwar = no[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3353" #The City of Men's Desire
	desc = "EVENTHIST3353"
	#-#Mehmed II's first action upon conquering Constantinople was marching into the Hagia Sofia and converting it into a mosque. The Sultan planned to make the great city the capital of a new revitalized--and Moslem--version of the Eastern Roman Empire. Mehmed dreamed of expanding the borders of his empire to match the Byzantines at their peak. He did not live to see that happen, but he did oversee the move of the Ottoman capital to Constantinople, which henceforth became known as Istanbul.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1491 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3353A" #Make Constantinople the new Capital
		command = { type = capital which = 357 } #Thrace
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = turkish } #Thrace
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 357 value = sunni } #Thrace
		command = { type = population which = 357 value = 20000 } #Thrace
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -5000 } #Anatolia
		command = { type = population which = 478 value = -4000 } #Smyrna
		command = { type = population which = 356 value = -3000 } #Bulgaria
		command = { type = population which = 358 value = -2000 } #Macedonia
		command = { type = population which = 1610 value = -2000 } #Antalya
		command = { type = population which = 476 value = -2000 } #Angora
		command = { type = population which = 321 value = -1000 } #Rumelia
		command = { type = population which = 320 value = -1000 } #Dobrudja
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 357 value = 3 } #Thrace
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3353B" #Keep the old one
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 358 value = turkish } #Macedonia
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -3 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}

The ottoman empire seems to be broken. Every game that they're the AI, they just continually fall apart and lose huge chunks of their stuff to revolters. I've played through as them and I don't really see why the problem is only theirs as they don't really have a glut of revolt risk events, but it's literally every playthough.

Has anyone else experienced this? In my last game all of Anatolia was owned by Karaman entirely because of defections.

The ottoman empire seems to be broken. Every game that they're the AI, they just continually fall apart and lose huge chunks of their stuff to revolters. I've played through as them and I don't really see why the problem is only theirs as they don't really have a glut of revolt risk events, but it's literally every playthough.

Has anyone else experienced this? In my last game all of Anatolia was owned by Karaman entirely because of defections.

The revolters are the main cause. I have had these in all my games. In one game, I had bulgaria, albania, bosnia, serbia, and others all reappear.
The dates of the breakap, seem to all commence around 1570 to 1600......do you get this period in time ?

The revolters are the main cause. I have had these in all my games. In one game, I had bulgaria, albania, bosnia, serbia, and others all reappear.
The dates of the breakap, seem to all commence around 1570 to 1600......do you get this period in time ?

Yes, from about 1570 - 1670 the Ottoman empire will just crumble into nothing. In my game before this they'd reached their historical borders, so it was somewhat irritating to watch.

Also, I've noted that some of the old Ottoman events seem to have been removed for FtG. There's no longer the final "Conquests" event that gives you cores on Azerbaijan and a few other spots and there's no longer Murad's invasion of Italy.
How come?

Last edited:
Also, I've noted that some of the old Ottoman events seem to have been removed for FtG. There's no longer the final "Conquests" event that gives you cores on Azerbaijan and a few other spots and there's no longer Murad's invasion of Italy.
How come?
There were removed long before FTG in previous AGCEEP versions. As a general remark, we don't include events that will push AI in a ahistorical situation. Invasion was planned but never was and events for the Persian border have been reworked.

There were removed long before FTG in previous AGCEEP versions. As a general remark, we don't include events that will push AI in a ahistorical situation. Invasion was planned but never was and events for the Persian border have been reworked.

That is a shame - the invasion would have gone ahead if not for Skanderbeg, and I don't see why it shouldn't be in for the AI to try and do it.

Simply because it didn't happen, according to the rules of the mod. It was decided this way and there is no need to push AI OE in this direction.

Last edited:
Simply because it didn't happen, according to the rules of the mod. It was decided this way and there is no need to push AI OE in this direction.

I was thinking more for giving the player a reason to go west, rather than the AI. Like I said before, the AI is too busy pulling a bad soufflé to worry about invading Italy.

I think that the should be events rewarding the player (or AI) for achieving the ambitions of a nation rather than for mirroring only its successes. So here an event should reward a player for a conquest of Italy and the capture of Rome. Note however that I am not suggesting any events intended to encourage the AI to do this only to reward them if they do.

Can't you just make the ahistorical conquest events have 'decline' as option A? That would stop the AI from partaking most of the time.

I think that the should be events rewarding the player (or AI) for achieving the ambitions of a nation rather than for mirroring only its successes. So here an event should reward a player for a conquest of Italy and the capture of Rome. Note however that I am not suggesting any events intended to encourage the AI to do this only to reward them if they do.

you write the events and the HC AGCEEP will view and give you a recommendation. I cannot see anyone bar yourself in wanting to know what you want done