• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How many downloads does it take to get this set up? I may give it a whirl myself.

You may use Audax Clausewitz validator to correct what must be corrected in order for the mod to be playable, just as Andrei Grigoriev and Therion did for Watkabaoi and MyMap.

Yeah validating, as it were, is a certain must do for all mods! Makes it all so much better :D

Is this dead? If so, I am a very sad panda.

uhh does the ai even attack in this game? I put it to furious and there were literally no wars in 20-30 years...

Today I made the mod 1.3-compatible (as far as I can see), in addition to fixing some other errors and creating a single standard folder instead of the extra "multimedia" package.

EDIT: A few changes to the mod; same files as in then next page

As the old interface is missing some buttons and I suck at graphic design :)p) I kept the "Glory" interface, although the one made for the mod can still be used with errors.

Last edited:
I've made a few more fixes and other changes (including events), but I'm still suffering crashes. Does anyone know what could cause a CTD when clicking on the land or naval military button (the one where you set the maintenance)?

Last edited:
The crashes happen regularly just by entering those sections, but one thing that triggers the CTD immediately is hovering the mouse over the "Morale" text (above the stars, next to Fire and Shock), so that's a lead. Now, if I just knew what files are related to that aside from interface.csv and technologies.csv...

If your working copy of the mod predates 1.3, you'll need to copy the last 200 lines or so from interface.csv if you haven't already done so.

OK, I downloaded it and gave it a shot.

There are minor errors in:
- The .ai file (the line that's just "troops.")
- EGY and SYR's leaders and monarchs files (obvious missing "#" in the headers of each)
- flags_MES.bmp (I don't know what the issue is, but the game kept crashing during load until I replaced it with another flag file)

The error you're looking for is in the ANW_MORALE_DRO string in interface.csv. Someone put two % signs at the end which shouldn't be there. The game does not check format strings for correctness before feeding them to _stprintf(), so that causes the crash.

Thanks a lot :) Although I've already come across another CTD, I can deal with the more interesting parts of modding without thinking I'm just wasting my time.

Have you installed all the game's patches (1.1, 1.2, 1.3)? In that case you can use my patch for the mod

I just downloaded version 0.1 from the first post, installed it and extracted your patch over it.

When I start the mod it starts with "glory" shields which are incomplete and to correct it I needed to change shields to ancient.

If the mod only contains 1 complete set of shields that set should be used by default.

Simply add the yellow line in the mod_HistoryOfRome.txt file:

Code:
# History of Rome

# A mod of ancient times (322 BC - AD 60), covering world from Portugal to Japan, and from Sweden to Ethiopia

mod = {
	name = "History of Rome"
	dir = "History_of_Rome"
	font = { "Glory" }
	style = { "ancient" }
	[color=yellow]shields = { "ancient" }[/color]
	language = { "english" }
	remark = "A result of merge of Historia Antiqua and Roma Universalis and their transfer to FtG"
        [color=yellow]remark = "Version 0.2"[/color]
}

And you should add a version line so that everyone can see in his installation if he uses the original 0.1 version or your patch, e.g. like that
remark = "Version "

Edit: The capitals of Crete and Messina are either very hard to click or not clickable. Crete´s capital is located in the sea?

IMO only established states should have "national" cores. As those negate nationalism/local resistance and give higher tax income no tribal/barbarian society should have more than 1 national core on it´s capital and either claimcores or casusbellicores on it´s other provinces.

Edit: When the time is measured in AUC and the game starts in 432 AUC shouldn´t the mods infofile state that it starts 321 BC (753-432= 321) instead of "A mod of ancient times (322 BC - AD 60)"? Or do i miss a year here?

Last edited: