• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Baltic empire is coming along nicely now. I still need to get my hands on ten more provinces to complete my goal. The next obvious target is Brandenburg/Prussia. They own the nice provinces of Memel and Prussia, even if they weren't part of the goal and separating Danzig from the rest of my empire they'd still be tempting due to their richness anyway. I now have to wait for an excuse to get medieval on Brandenburg.
025.png

The remaining areas to capture

Did I mention that Sweden gets nice leaders during this period?
027.png

I get an event relating to my role in German religious wars. I opt to stay out of the mess. A stab point is valuable and a CB against Austria useless. Plus when you're Sweden who cares about relations I don't mind if I'm hated the world over, as long as I get my Baltic empire.
1-1.gif

Remember that excuse I was waiting for?
024.png

Brandenburg delivers in only two years

And so without waiting around I head straight to war. The alliance against me is reasonably big. I don't call Mecklenburg, they have no army at the moment and will only be a liability.
029.png

I invade Memel and Prussia simultaneously.
030.png

Torstensson makes short work on the Brandenburgian defenders.
031.png

Leaving only the sieges to complete.
032.png

I send Gustav across the Baltic and using Mecklenburg as a safe beachhead I invade Brandenburg proper.
033.png

This shouldn't present you with too much difficulty. A safe entry to lands through Meckenberg and an isolated Prussia - in a word marvellous.

I send Gustav across the Baltic and using Mecklenburg as a safe beachhead I invade Brandenburg proper.

I drooled on my keyboard when I saw your leaders.

Nice touch having a safe beachhead. If the unlikely happens you can retreat to this safe haven. Somehow I don't think you're going to need to do that.;)

Joe

Man, those leaders are something else! That should make the war with Brandenburg a cakewalk. I think your goal will be coming into view sooner rather than later.

I will let you take Østlandet for free Duke. But if you want Vestlandet you better promise to treat us nordbaggar well.;)

Feedback coming later.

England soons puts their navy and reasonable size army to use. This could have been a bit of a hurdle for me, had they used it properly.
037.png

England decides the best way to stop Sweden is to invade the northern snow covered provinces. Bremen joins in too.
038.png

I, on the other hand, decide it better to capture useful provinces, like say Magdeburg and Prussia.
039.png

During this time Brandenburg only made a few attempts at dislodging my troops. Needless to say they were unsuccessful. So it was with quite some surprise that I lost my first battle of the war, and even possibly of the whole game, despite numerical superiority and a fantastic leader.
040.png

Brandenburg winning, Sweden losing? Is this a bug?

In the end though it is an afterthought as Memel falls and I head further into Brandenburg's territory to rack up the warscore.
041.png

042.png

Sure enough, the capture of Anhalt does the trick and Brandenburg kindly gives up all I wanted. How obliging of them.
043.png

The end of the war in Brandenburg is not the end of all the war though. I am still at war with Bremen, England and the Netherlands. Bremen, beside whom my now freed up troops are positioned presents a tempting target.
044.png

In another nice stroke of luck the rebels in Hannover had already done most of the siege. All I had to do was waltz in, chuck them out and sit still for a month.
045.png

Stealing the rebels siege in Hannover

England at last mounts an offensive in the right location and using their strong point, their navy. Unfortunately for them my navy is even stronger.
046.png

Sweden rules the waves and don't you forget it.

Bremen soon falls and I settle for Hannover. Not a Baltic province but it is rich and gives me a land border with Mecklenburg. Mecklenburg then accept diploannexation and I am able to cross one more province of the list.
047.png

048.png

049.png

I border the Netherlands but have no interest in their provinces yet. I send them a white peace which they gladly accept. This leaves my diplomatic relations looking somewhat empty.
050.png

The entire diplomatic relations of Sweden. Sicily joined the war somewhere along the way.

Then I get a sad event. Gustav II Vasa and his wonderful leadership abilities pass forever from the game. But then I shouldn't be too worried, look at his replacement.
052.png

I see that creation of 'Dominium Maris Baltici' is coming along nicely. What about these uber-stats of queen Kristina?

Lord have mercy!:eek: I can only dream of having a monarch like that.:( ;)

Joe