• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Joe. Perhaps your CTDs are related to your dying computer and things will perk up once you have a functional PC again.

...I swear is the computer chucking at me.
Not content with merely mocking you and causing you anguish, it's actually vomiting on you?!? :p

Well, it was a lot of fun while it lasted. Thanks for the entertainment. :)

Ugh
I sympathize completely as my machine (as opposed to my wife's laptop that I am typing on) just returned from a 11 day excursion to the computer hospital. :(
The Lords of Dell will aid you in your quest, noble sir. Go, go quickly and return with more excellent adventures and pointers on things that players shouldn't do as highlighted by your delightful AAR's.;)

I'm not so certain it is the computer as much as the game causing the disruption, though I haven't read up on it enough. I seem to recall several suggestions that the later the game, the more likely a CTD. Still, your computer "droppings" are not a good sign.

Good to see you were able to get this much to us, Joe. Made it to the 18th century at least. :) It looked to be a tough war, but I've no doubt that a healthy computer and cooperative game itself, the war would've eventually been won.

Or is this just the ultimate cliffhanger? ;)

:( Terrible news, these CTDs. If you kept one of the later save games, it might be worth trying it out in the new computer with a fresh install of FTG...

Otherwise thanks for the ride, it's been most instructive and entertaining.