• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Being able to become the leader of an alliance. (If your a part of an existing alliance but want to invite more so you need to be the leader. It will be expensive ofcourse -gold and maybe -relations towards the leader.)

Then if we have to adjust tiny details as that one, perhaps that should be left to a program exterior to the game itself where we tweak (I believe that's the term used) every new game we start. Otherwise it will be a nightmare to read the scenario menu due to the massive amount of little options that are presented to us.

Optional things should be left to major changes to the game, like dynamic monarchs, cultures and cores.

Why not make it easy to pause and change game speed like EU3

Having never played EU2 before and being a great fan of EU3 my first impression of FtG was how fiddly it is to pause the game and change game speed compared to EU3. I fail to see why the simple system EU3 has of pressing the space bar to pause and - / + (without the need to press ctrl) for game speed could not have been included with FtG.

Hardly a show stopper I know but a noticeable irritation none the less. Please could you consider changing this.

Thanks for reading this,

Idrisrock.

Having never played EU2 before and being a great fan of EU3 my first impression of FtG was how fiddly it is to pause the game and change game speed compared to EU3. I fail to see why the simple system EU3 has of pressing the space bar to pause and - / + (without the need to press ctrl) for game speed could not have been included with FtG.

Hardly a show stopper I know but a noticeable irritation none the less. Please could you consider changing this.

Thanks for reading this,

Idrisrock.

Answer below...

Just a little hint for you. Go in db/interface and edit buttons.txt
Search for BUTTON_PAUSE_ALTERNATE and replace:
shortcut = F9
with
shortcut = " "

Don't forget the double quotes. Reload the game and you have the space bar for Pause. Easy... :)

This won't change the cheksum of the game and F9 is indeed the default alternate for the Pause key.

As hildoceras said, be aware it could end in big troubles for MP games...

Having thought about it, my number one wish would be to have personal unions as a proper, official diplomatic status (like being a vassal).

Also, having it as an event trigger. :)

Reinforce and CTs

Hi. It would make wars far more interesting if we could have the same army system as in EU3. I mean like we dont have to keep buying new armies all the time instead the armies reinforce over time. I.e. if we have 10.000 men in one army and its loses some men then we dont have buy new armies until it hits 10.000 men. Instead we just sit there and wait for the army to reinforce to full amount which is 10.000.
I would also like to see how many wars have been won/lost against the enemy, how the w.e., and war scores are looking.
And I wish we could open or close new center of trades. Something like the system in EU3.

Hi. It would make wars far more interesting if we could have the same army system as in EU3. I mean like we dont have to keep buying new armies all the time instead the armies reinforce over time. I.e. if we have 10.000 men in one army and its loses some men then we dont have buy new armies until it hits 10.000 men. Instead we just sit there and wait for the army to reinforce to full amount which is 10.000.

Opposed. EU3's system has its flaws too. Like how it automatically reinforces every army instead of only those that need it. And then there's the issue of how men instantly travel to the front. Producing units is far more flexible and is tried and tested throughout strategy games.

Opposed. EU3's system has its flaws too. Like how it automatically reinforces every army instead of only those that need it. And then there's the issue of how men instantly travel to the front. Producing units is far more flexible and is tried and tested throughout strategy games.

Agreed! And with the old system, it REALLY hurts if your main army is destroyed which in my opinion simulates the warfare of the period in a good way!

and more realistic than the system from EU3.

One thing about the AI files.
As it is right now you can make the AI combat certian nations with combat = nation X. It would be great if, like in Victoria, you could also make the AI befriend certain nations with a befriend = nation X and protect certain nations with protect = nation X. This would be a great way to avoid monarchs combating themselves and to simulate close unions like Poland-Lithuania and Austria-Spain and also to make AI nations able to protect their spheres of interest.

Agreed! And with the old system, it REALLY hurts if your main army is destroyed which in my opinion simulates the warfare of the period in a good way!
You are right. My thought was that it is annoying when attacks mess up the ratio of soldier/cavalry/cannon and suddenly my army is not what it was.
And dont forget, even numbers are much eye friendlier:D

A couple suggestions to make HRE elections a bit less "mysterious" if that is the correct term. Currently, in order to have some idea of the leading candidate the player must use the diplomacy/relations screen and manually average out the relations of each candidate with the electors. An inexact science really.

Would it be possible to;

Add a page to the diplomacy ledger listing all existing HRE electors, their relations with the player nation, and their current favored candidate?

Alternatively, on the religious tolerance slider screen, would it be possible to add a line on the tooltip underneath an HRE country stating who they favor as the leading candidate? Right below where it states Elector of the Holy Roman Empire/Part of the Holy Roman Empire.

I only toyed around with FtG for an hour or so, so maybe something like this is in there and I just missed it. I appreciate adding the number of votes each country has plainly visible as that makes the process somewhat easier.

A couple suggestions to make HRE elections a bit less "mysterious" if that is the correct term. Currently, in order to have some idea of the leading candidate the player must use the diplomacy/relations screen and manually average out the relations of each candidate with the electors. An inexact science really.

Would it be possible to;

Add a page to the diplomacy ledger listing all existing HRE electors, their relations with the player nation, and their current favored candidate?

Alternatively, on the religious tolerance slider screen, would it be possible to add a line on the tooltip underneath an HRE country stating who they favor as the leading candidate? Right below where it states Elector of the Holy Roman Empire/Part of the Holy Roman Empire.

I only toyed around with FtG for an hour or so, so maybe something like this is in there and I just missed it. I appreciate adding the number of votes each country has plainly visible as that makes the process somewhat easier.

Oh yes, this would be most excellent.

I would like to see:

- Movement of capital without event
- Culture conversion (Turn on and offable)
- Forming nations before historical date (Turn on and offable, e.g taking Scotland, Ireland etc by 1500, have the option at least.)

Would it be possible to;

We have been thinking of ways to improve the imperial election experience, but all we have so far is a new cheat. And no, I won't tell you what it is (where's the fun in that?).

We will likely do something similar to your first suggestion, but nothing is settled yet.

We have been thinking of ways to improve the imperial election experience, but all we have so far is a new cheat. And no, I won't tell you what it is (where's the fun in that?).

We will likely do something similar to your first suggestion, but nothing is settled yet.

Very cool. Thanks.

Having a notifier if you're minting would be nice. I hate it when it sometimes start to mint automatically, and you get inflation just like that. :(

And if you just accidentally mint, it means you notice it before any harm is made.

Next 3:

1.Option to suggest your AI ally what to do, for example:
- defend territory
- attack
- try to block ports
- besiege capital
- produce more troops
2. Option to choose a place where produced troops will go automatically after created, for example direct to the besieged capital of enemy. I mean troops are created in province and automatically move to chosen province (Rally-point).
3. Add a financial aspect to exchange map discoveries.