• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Auto-send colonists option;
- Dynamic cores, cultures and monarchs as discussed in the respective topics about the subject;
- Possibility to take the enemy capital province when warscore is 100%, if it is a national core;
- Force break vassalage in peace negotiations;
- One extra level of zoom for higher resolutions;

More as I remember.

- Dynamic cores, cultures and monarchs as discussed in the respective topics about the subject;
- Possibility to take the enemy capital province when warscore is 100%, if it is a national core;

More as I remember.

of Those only:

are good ideas, in my opinion that is:cool:

of Those only:

are good ideas, in my opinion that is:cool:

As for the dynamic system I understand it's a sensitive topic, but regarding taking the capital province: it's quite often when we are forced to take bb hits by taking non-core provinces (and it's 2 bb points by the way, not few) in peace negotiations to make the enemy one-province country so that we can annex it after 5 years, and finally get our national core. This can ruin our strategy by getting unwanted bb points. And, of course, going ahistorical (we don't want that right? :p) , by taking non-core provs, in order to get our cores. I'm thinking, for example, Austria vs Hungary.

For the auto-send, well it's getting a job a little easier and less tiring/boring for colonizing countries.

For the auto-send, well it's getting a job a little easier and less tiring/boring for colonizing countries.

It would be hell to code, though.

Slightly toned down aggression, even on coward the AI is starting a lot of wars very early. A new war every couple years isn't exactly historical. Wars are a challenge in EU but they shouldn't be the main part of the game.

I've honestly never noticed this, in fact I think the AI isn't aggressive enough.

Updated.

It would be hell to code, though.

I don't know anything about programing. I just suggest so that the FtG team and community can think about it. If it can be made great, if not, well, too bad. Please, put the auto-send colonists option in the list too unless you have some criteria I'm not aware of and excluded according from it.

Please, change your tone. Can you be more polite? And don't speak for the others please. For myself I may say that I am completely disagree with the idea of creating a state from every province in the game. I already wrote why.

Reasonable idea. Why break the thing if it is not broken for now.

My tones good, your reading to much into it.

It is broke, because I cant do what I consider a reasonable thing, and the fact that you also dont have to use it in your games, I fail to see the problem.

More as I remember.

All good ideas.

I'm sorry, but "I want it in my games and no one else has to use it if they don't want to" isn't a terribly good justification for adding a new feature.

Let me quote someone smarter than I am (from http://blogs.msdn.com/ericgu/archive/2004/01/12/57985.aspx):
I've been spending a lot of time answering customer questions about why we do (or don't) have certain language features in C#. (as an aside, yes, we will be getting more of this online on the C# dev center).

In some of those questions, the questions asks why we either “took out” or “left out” a specific feature. That wording implies that we started with an existing language (C++ and Java are the popular choices here), and then started removing features until we got to a point where we liked. And, though it may be hard for some to believe, that's not how the language got designed.

One of the big reasons we didn't do this is that it's really hard to remove complexity when you take a subtractive approach, as removing a feature in one area may not allow you to revisit low-level design decisions, nor will it allow you to remove complexity elsewhere, in places where it support the now-removed feature.

So, we decided on the additive approach instead, and worked hard to keep the complexity down. One way to do that is through the concept of “minus 100 points”. Every feature starts out in the hole by 100 points, which means that it has to have a significant net positive effect on the overall package for it to make it into the language. Some features are okay features for a language to have, they just aren't quite good enough to make it into the language.
Substitute "FTG" for "C#" and "game" for "language", and you'll have a pretty good idea of my philosophy.

That of course does not mean that we couldn't do it, or that we don't want to do it. But our main limiting factor is time. With 1 1/2 developers on the project, we have to be extremely choosy about what goes in. (With enough sales, that could go up to 2 or possibly 3 developers, so tell your friends about FTG!)

NOTE: The above should not be construed as me telling people to stop suggesting crazy things. Of course we want your suggestions, whether or not you or we think they're crazy! :)

I'm sorry, but "I want it in my games and no one else has to use it if they don't want to" isn't a terribly good justification for adding a new feature.

I aint the only one asking for it, others have in other threads. Just see no need for people to completely shoot down an idea if its something which doesnt have to effect their gaming.

That of course does not mean that we couldn't do it, or that we don't want to do it. But our main limiting factor is time. With 1 1/2 developers on the project, we have to be extremely choosy about what goes in. (With enough sales, that could go up to 2 or possibly 3 developers, so tell your friends about FTG!)

NOTE: The above should not be construed as me telling people to stop suggesting crazy things. Of course we want your suggestions, whether or not you or we think they're crazy! :)

I appreciate that, this is a wishes thread afterall. :)

NOTE: The above should not be construed as me telling people to stop suggesting crazy things. Of course we want your suggestions, whether or not you or we think they're crazy!

Don't you agree, that it will be pretty good if things, that were already introduced to the game will start to work? (like international loans) Please notice, that I didn't proposed something radically new, I've just mentioned that it will be better for the game, if Ai will know how to use the stuff, that is already in game. And may I ask you a question? How are you going to use community's offers for the game improvement? Are you going to realize some of them in Paradox next game or in patch to FtG?

Don't you agree, that it will be pretty good if things, that were already introduced to the game will start to work? (like international loans) Please notice, that I didn't proposed something radically new, I've just mentioned that it will be better for the game, if Ai will know how to use the stuff, that is already in game. And may I ask you a question? How are you going to use community's offers for the game improvement? Are you going to realize some of them in Paradox next game or in patch to FtG?

You are begining to make me tired and bored. Both MichaelM and I have already answered to your question about International Loans. I'll answer it a last time : they do work as intended in the game and AI can use them, following some internal conditions, one of these conditions being it should be useful to the country, and this is not often met.

About the evolutions of ftG, they'll come as patches.

I wish random uprising events but not for colonies because we have for them already (in some conditions for example: when stability < 0, serfdom > 5, centralization > 5 etc.) due to different culture in provinces (even if accepted).

Last edited:
Could you use UTF-8 instead of CP1252 in the data files?
I want to localize to Japanese.
We use ANSI because the Europa Engine uses ANSI. It was proposed as an idea but not affordable right now.

Make the AI handle trade better (send more than one merchant at a time etc.). Becoming the dominant trading power should be a real challenge which it isn't right now.

We use ANSI because the Europa Engine uses ANSI. It was proposed as an idea but not affordable right now.

I remember looking for syntax bugs in an events file I made that failed to load completely (with quite a misleading message). And that took me something like an hour. Only to notice that my Notepad++ settings are set to UTF-8 by default :wacko:

Well, once I know that it's no more a problem. :)

Prepared my list ( played EU II many many years ):

1. If your country is fully covered/besieged by enemies you can bulid your army in capital of your ally, so war won't end so quickly. It would be 3x more expensive and You can only mount not more than manpower divided by 2 at one time.

2. After your capital was captured by enemy You cannot change your Politics (serfdom, centralisation and others) even if 10 years since previous change passed. This will continue till you free your capital. Now captial is +/- the same castle as every other, it should be more importand and better protected.

3. If there is a rebel probability in other country in province that is your national you can toss some money to the rebelians, that will raise rebel probability ( for example +2%) for 12 months, of course it will ruin your reputation.

4. Ultimatum. I want you to grant me military acces through your country, if not there will be a war between us. Something like that, of course Ultimatum not only reffers to MA.

5. More peace terms. For example, paying other country military maintaince costs for 2 years, paying contribution in installments etc.

6. Creation of embassy - that will systematically raise your relation with this country but will cost ya depending on number of provinces/ income of this country.

7. Buying a province. Colonial or your national only. Cost depending on population in this province, relations with country, economical power of province.

8. Exchange of technology, again it will cost you depending on relations, diffrences in tech. Only in your tech group.

9. Opion that will give you a chance of reading other nations historical events (for example in EUII I only was mentioned "Queen of Cyprus happend in X country" ok, but let me read the description of this event). We have many history fans here who want know what exactly is going in other countries.

And now some basic ideas:

- Give DEFENDER OF FAITH more priveledges, You paing 1000 for it and have only this CB profit, and that's why it is not so widely used option. It has more potential.

- Missionaries also are not well exploited, maybe give them some role in colonisation?

- Officers' Training Centre on your capital. To give you better but non historical commanders

- Historical monarchs, leaders, important cities, should have their small pictures (scalled paintings for example) . That would be really refreshing.

That's it. Sorry for my English :rolleyes: