• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As for fort reduction, *if* there's something like this we need to seriously think under what rules it would go. Right now a limit it to one -1 per province would mean the first guys getting a province gets the option to reduce, but when ownership changes later they don't?

Why limits? If you have the means (gold) AND an army in the province (for enemy provinces), then it should be possible to completly demolish a mighty fort (once you have captured it). Perhaps each level could take one month to complete?

As for forts in your own provinces, the same except possibly it should be abit cheaper and need no army presence.

who says? :D

Well, basically the concerns that there's fort razing everywhere strike me as valid, so some constraints should be there IMO. As said I think this needs to be thought out very carefully to no get into absurd situations.

Well, basically the concerns that there's fort razing everywhere strike me as valid, so some constraints should be there IMO. As said I think this needs to be thought out very carefully to no get into absurd situations.

I think razing fortifications happened quite alot IRL... of course if I was awash with gold, I would use it all the time :D

Rome has musketeers? :D

As for fort reduction, *if* there's something like this we need to seriously think under what rules it would go. Right now a limit it to one -1 per province would mean the first guys getting a province gets the option to reduce, but when ownership changes later they don't?

It would be bad for multiplayer, a person could cripple the other way too much. And forts are expensive too. Also if u think of it what enemy in the middle of a war has ever stopped making war just to deconstruct forts? If anything that happened after the wars.

edit: the feeling i have is that you people are trying to get the game changed too :<

It would be bad for multiplayer, a person could cripple the other way too much. And forts are expensive too

Simply dont use it in MP if its a problem...

Also if u think of it what enemy in the middle of a war has ever stopped making war just to deconstruct forts? If anything that happened after the wars.

It doesnt take all that long to blow a number of large holes in walls. Doesnt really matter when its available, just be a very nice option to have.

edit: the feeling i have is that you people are trying to get the game changed too :<

Changed? Of course, change for the better!

1) Get AI to use international loans.
2) Get AI to use DP sliders.

Thank you so much! Perhaps you are the only one, which followed my idea. I have one more suggestion about international loans. If it's so difficult to force Ai to understand the exact situations, where it can offer a loan, maybe it will be good to introduce it historically, for instance France offered loans to Sweden and to northern german states during Thirty years war or Russia helped by loans to Turks enemies. I want to say that Ai can offer loans to the foes of his foes. ("foe of my foe is my friend" :) ) Loans usage by Ai might greatly improve the game. That is my idea.

1) Diplomatic deals similar to Vicky, where provinces, specific amounts of gold, and armies (possibly?) can be traded.
2) An option to release any province as a vassal and/or add/subtract any provinces released with a vassal.

It sounds interesting, but this things changing gameplay too drastically. I fear that it may create a lot of problems with Ai. For instance, I remember that in Victoria it doesn't know how to use province exchange system and me personally never saw Ai exchanging provinces with whomever. It may also create some terrible exploits. About releasing every province as a vassal. I see no dire need in it. It will make game poor in historical aspects, I think. But it maybe good if it will be introduced an opportunity to release a state as completely INDEPENDENT one. Folks, what do you think about it?

Last edited:
Diplomacy

2) An option to release any province as a vassal and/or add/subtract any provinces released with a vassal.

I would like to see this not becoming that easy. It surely has to be possible to release any province you wish. It's too annoying that one has to lose a war or wait ages for rebellions.
On the other side: releasing a vassal has a lot of benefits. I wouldn't give those for releasing just any province.
Substracting a province from the list a vassal will get is not historical imo. You can't expect a new country to have such great relationship with you, and also pay you tribute, while you withhold them one of their cores.
So basicly: either release one province as a new country without any benefits or release a batch of provinces as a vassal (as it is handled now).

edit: I forgot to add the one thing that I always wanted: renaming armies and navies (as well as cities?)

Last edited:
Substracting a province from the list a vassal will get is not historical imo.

Whats historical have to do with it? If ya dont want to do it in your games, then dont. But others like the option.

You can't expect a new country to have such great relationship with you, and also pay you tribute, while you withhold them one of their cores.

Relations go down when you hold someone elses cores or vice versa ALREADY...you choose whether you want to increase relations through bribes, or let the relationship and possibly the vassalage go to the dogs. Its your choice already!

Whats historical have to do with it? If ya dont want to do it in your games, then dont. But others like the option.

Please, change your tone. Can you be more polite? And don't speak for the others please. For myself I may say that I am completely disagree with the idea of creating a state from every province in the game. I already wrote why.

So basicly: either release one province as a new country without any benefits or release a batch of provinces as a vassal (as it is handled now).

Reasonable idea. Why break the thing if it is not broken for now.

My suggestions are as follows:

Tooltips for the religious tolerance sliders would be nice, show how it changes revolt risk for your state religion and what diplomatic impact (if any it will have)

Better AI naval transportation. As is the AI is more likely to walk even if sea would be far quicker and if walking isn't possible they mostly sit there or send small ineffectual armies by sea.

Slightly toned down aggression, even on coward the AI is starting a lot of wars very early. A new war every couple years isn't exactly historical. Wars are a challenge in EU but they shouldn't be the main part of the game.

Also no more automatic forced annexation by th AI? Or perhaps an option so that they only annex countries that were part of their historical territorial aims. In the current setup OPMs like Masovia, Wallachia, Friesland, Gelre etc. disappear pretty quick.

Also no more automatic forced annexation by th AI? Or perhaps an option so that they only annex countries that were part of their historical territorial aims. In the current setup OPMs like Masovia, Wallachia, Friesland, Gelre etc. disappear pretty quick.
AI doesn't annex when this is not interesting and prefers force-vassalize in this case but there is always a chance for annexation.

AI doesn't annex when this is not interesting and prefers force-vassalize in this case but there is always a chance for annexation.

Ah! I had hoped this had already been addressed, guess I've just seen one side of the odds. BTW what do you mean by "when this is not interesting"?

Possibility to swap non core provinces between countries assessed by percentage or just buying/selling them. To be done even by the AI.