• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A little idea about dynamic cores.

I agree: a simple switch on/off is not enough. It would be quite ahistorical.
But what about gradual cores? Like...25 years ---> CB province ("This province is MINE!"), ANOTHER 75 years ---> Claim province ("We are the ones that took care of this lands. You have not a right on these"), YET ANOTHER 150 years ---> Core province ("France? I heard something similar from my great-grandma, yes, but this is Italy."). 250 years in all. Aaaand...the process works inversely, too: 150 years ---> Core -> Claim; 75 years ---> Claim -> CB; 25 years ---> CB -> nothing.

This could allow nations to be created before or after their date: of course, you could create a "Roman Empire" in 1500, but it would be the laughingstock of Europe. You'd have to press your claims...as above, it wouldn't be an easy task; but after that, in 1800, few would call the empire "Italy".

You can. It's represented with 2 brown crates and a barrel. And if you click them, it goes directly to the CoT.
cot.png

Yes I know but it is shown on the MAP not province picture. :rofl: I hope someone will understand...:confused:

A scenario editor, with at least as much functionality as original EU 2. (Apologies if it already exists, I've only tried the demo thus far.)

defines.txt is great, I'd like to see even more added. I'd be thrilled to get any one of these:
- ADDPRICE parameters for manufactories
- Parameters for benefits of manufactories
- Parameters for effects of dp sliders

(Basically, I'd like to play with losing the ever-increasing cost of manufatories, while toning their benefits way down.)

Ingame messages for when a new fleet or army has been completed.

Cheers,

Stilicho

Playing FtG definitely leaves you wanting more. One of the problems with EUII was the 16th and 17th Centuries when playing the colonizing powers. You tend to be in splendid isolation from the rest of the game during that period and omnipotent after it. III did not really solve that problem hopefully you guys will come up with some stuff to keep the player in the present and not constantly building for tomorrow.

A minor request, but in the patch could you please replace the current flag of SCO with the blue/white saltire? The current flag is only really valid for the first 100~ years, and the blue/white flag would certainly look better anyway.

One of the problems with EUII was the 16th and 17th Centuries when playing the colonizing powers. You tend to be in splendid isolation from the rest of the game during that period and omnipotent after it.
Do you have any suggestions?

I think making the colonization system a bit closer to Victoria's would be a very good move.

Instead of having to send zillions of colonists it would be better to have "claims" to uncolonized province, like it happened historically. To get these claims you could do number of things, like build trade posts, forts, missions and so on. (once the province is cleared of hostile natives)

Then we would need some kind of emigration system to allow for the mainland's pop to move to the colonies, something like a new slider...one side would improve the colony's pop at the cost of mainland pop and vice versa.

Do you have any suggestions?

I think making the colonization system a bit closer to Victoria's would be a very good move.

Instead of having to send zillions of colonists it would be better to have "claims" to uncolonized province, like it happened historically. To get these claims you could do number of things, like build trade posts, forts, missions and so on. (once the province is cleared of hostile natives)

Then we would need some kind of emigration system to allow for the mainland's pop to move to the colonies, something like a new slider...one side would improve the colony's pop at the cost of mainland pop and vice versa.

That sounds really damn awesome +100!

Well, maybe it is easy to do, but sounds hard to? Yes it does. I don't know... I asked for apparently easier things and I was told that was too hard to implement, like for example auto-colonizing.

Well, maybe it is easy to do, but sounds hard to? Yes it does. I don't know... I asked for apparently easier things and I was told that was too hard to implement, like for example auto-colonizing.
Nothing is impossible. We just have to make choices for relative importance of the feature according to estimated time required for implementation.

Well, when I said "impossible" I didn't mean it literally. I was refering not to the impossibility of implementing it, but the amount of work and time it would take - but also the will from you guys - to code such feature in the game.