• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Leaders should have, or be able to get skills (like in HOI):
mountain fighter - morale bonus in mountain provinces
besieger - increased siege value
assaulter - increased odds when assaulting fortresses - greater chance of success and less casualties
defender - morale bonus when defending
etc

Rebels seem to disappear after a few months when not able to siege anymore. This is too easy for the player, but also for the ai. Certainly when the next revolt (in provinces with high risk) could easily add up to an amount of rebels able to continue the siege. (This may have to do with me playing difficulty 'easy')
They should only disappear if they can't besiege and there's no revolt risk.

The new (very cool) feature with the flag for upgrading officials could use some improvement. When the list is long, the tooltip shows a scrollbar, but there's no way to use it as moving the mouse of the flag makes it disappear. I could use some clarification as to how the list is ordered. What promotion has priority (governors above anything else it seems). And what province has priority (highest tax or population would be nice).
First tax collectors, then governors, then chief judges. Provinces are sorted by base tax value.

Ey haven't seen any aswear to mu question if there are going to be more counterfactual history.
Then I liked the EU3s national ideas and then more domestic policy settnings would be nice. Make difference of personal union and vassals because it isn't the same thing.

Possible that events for all maps?

Compatible event with location

Location of Province with x and y, or N S W E?
And each event which happen in an area, that an area ranges x1~x2 y1~y2, if another provinces fall in this range, then it will be triggered, then , no matter how different that map is, the expected rebelling, building, disease in multi-provinces will happen in that area, if you only want one province, please point out which province and the x y of it, then the event modder just ranges x1=x2 y1=y2 exactly there.

Rebels seem to disappear after a few months when not able to siege anymore. This is too easy for the player, but also for the ai. Certainly when the next revolt (in provinces with high risk) could easily add up to an amount of rebels able to continue the siege. (This may have to do with me playing difficulty 'easy')
Rebels who can't siege simply disappear if the province revoltrisk is null. Otherwise, they will cover waiting for a new revolt in the province.

EDIT: just saw MichaelM already answered this question.

One small suggestion, one big one:

1) I'd like it if the inflation that is saved in the save file was given an additional decimal place. As is, there is a lot of information loss due to rounding of inflation to the nearest tenth of a percent when saving.

2) Bad boy points should be proportional to the province. Getting the same badboy points for taking a 3,000 population, base tax 3 province and a 100,000 population, base tax 10 province doesn't make sense.

assaulter - increased odds when assaulting fortresses - greater chance of success and less casualties
etc

this, this would be a sweet feature!

An increased number of, and more distinguishable, shades for the economic map would be great; so much is the same, dark shade by the end of the game.

Splitting COTs

Discovery of unknown, uncolonized provinces adjacent to your established cities should be possible, if difficult/expensive, even without conquistadors.

I'd like to have a notifier which informs me if my enemies have captured one or more of my provinces. And one which lists my colonies, their growth rate and if the next colonist is already on the way.

If the tooltip of the working colonist/missionary shows the actual chance of success that would be very helpful.

Allies and war suggested alterations:

When going to war:
Call upon allies?
Call upon specific allies?
Don't call upon allies.

Responce of called on allies of nation going to war:
Yes, of course! (relationship +25)
No, suggest backing down from war at this time.*

* - War waging comrade can either then:
Accept the lack of the ally
Cease attempted hostilities due to lack of allied support (-1 stability)
Demand their presence

Responce of called on allies of nation going to war:
Reluctant agreement (relationship +10)
Dishonour alliance (-1 stability(does this happen as a result of quitting the alliance anyway?)/casus belli/breaking of alliance)

This should be seperate from having war declared on yourself.

In the event of an attack these options should be listed:
Call upon allies aid!
Defend against the foe ourselves!

Responces to "Call upon allies aid!":
Yes, of course! (relationship +50)
Dishonour alliance (-1 stability(does this happen as a result of quitting the alliance anyway?)/casus belli/breaking of alliance)

I think it's important to keep waging war and being attacked seperate, but maybe this isn't sensible in the mechanics of the game.

One small suggestion:

1) I'd like it if the inflation that is saved in the save file was given an additional decimal place. As is, there is a lot of information loss due to rounding of inflation to the nearest tenth of a percent when saving.

This too

REBELLION & REBEL SCUM

So the population of a province is unhappy with the current King/Regime/Path... let the revolt risk rise (and all that goes with that).

A proportion of the population revolts...it is their right to do so...

And it is my right to butcher the upstarts! :D

Rebells annihilated!

Anyone else wanna rebell?

No? I didnt think so....;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After a rebellion has been crushed a province should lose a proportion of its population, perhaps a random number...no more than the maximum number of rebells AND the revolt risk drops SIGNIFICANTLY (perhaps this could be random also). If they revolt again...rinse and repeat until the revolt risk dies for a random time period (3 - 10 years perhaps). Perhaps no more than three rebellions before the heavily reduced revolt risk kicks in, this should also reduce the revolt risk of adjacent provinces (not to the same degree, but to a large degree = everybody hears of the massacre).

After a rebellion has been crushed and a province is back in the control of the King...give us an option to butcher the population of the province which will in turn result in no revolt risk for 5+ years or so...Of course the penalties will also result in a drop in income/trade from the province.

...not as eloquently put as I would have liked, but you get the gist (hopefully).

Lot's of good ideas

Nobody knows which ideas will be adopted by the team. You'll just have to wait.

Well, I really would LOVE a sort of Development Diary for the Patches/Enhancements to come ! :D

etc

I like this one me too, but I guess introducing "Traits" or "Skills" à la HOI will require some heavy hard-coded modification... or not ? :confused:

It could be easier granting a bonus like +1/2 in FIRE, SHOCK, SIEGE, MOVE or in reducing attriction (ie Leader Stack Bonus)

But then it should become a mortal too, otherwise you have an eternal standard default skilled-leader. :eek: :p ;)

Maybe just gaining a GOOD random leader after a tough battle it's the easiest (of course it appears in the same location then)

One small suggestion, one big one:

2) Bad boy points should be proportional to the province. Getting the same badboy points for taking a 3,000 population, base tax 3 province and a 100,000 population, base tax 10 province doesn't make sense.

1) Good point

2) I agree with you, at least a sort of BB range(for ex. 0,1 to 0,9) related to Pop, Tax, Production, Etablishiment...kind of base value before modification according to situation

My own 1 cent$ now !

1) Winning a Defensive War (if you are the aggressed one not an allied) should grant +1 Stab and maybe -1 BBoy reduction
because of increased national cohesion

2) Losing an Offensive War (if you are the aggressor one not an allied) should give -1 Stab and maybe +1 BBoy increase
loss of prestige

EDITED

Best regards, Amadeus

Last edited:
Since I'm mostly a modder I'd like to be able to mod even more things than currently possible ;). I'd like to see the following 2 things included somewhere in the future:

1. Fully modificable manufactories, including the possibility to add new one's. The current system is rather limited even for the standard game period, but could be greatly enhanced for other periods - especially post 1819...

2. Increased max province amount. ;) I understood that ftg-team did not want to do any changes here but the reasoning for that is unclear to me. I'm not talking about region limit, only the max (though I wouldn't mind the region limit gone as well ;))

1. Fully modificable manufactories, including the possibility to add new one's. The current system is rather limited even for the standard game period, but could be greatly enhanced for other periods - especially post 1819...

2. Increased max province amount. ;) I understood that ftg-team did not want to do any changes here but the reasoning for that is unclear to me. I'm not talking about region limit, only the max (though I wouldn't mind the region limit gone as well ;))

Yes ! Yes ! Yes !
Please both of these changes will imcrease greatly the scope of modding :)

2 more ideas:

1. When we successfully exchanged discoveries there should be list of our gains ( what territories we discovered). That would be helpful, especially when you recieve small knowledge (like 4 provinces), sometimes (especially when almost whole world is discovered) those "new" provinces are hard to find.

2. Where there is CoT in province we do not see it in province picture, it would be nice addon cause now province with CoT and without CoT has the same graphics.

2. Where there is CoT in province we do not see it in province picture, it would be nice addon cause now province with CoT and without CoT has the same graphics.

You can. It's represented with 2 brown crates and a barrel. And if you click them, it goes directly to the CoT.
cot.png