• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Saw this in another thread:
Dev team should build a save game delete button in the game. My list of save games is way to long.
Seems like a nice function.

Why not just delete saves via OS, instead of having the coders spending time on something which is easy to do under Windows?
Because it would be easier for the user and you might want the game to be user friendlier?

The suggestion came up in a thread about how Vista and/or Steam hid the save files so you couldn't see/find them though the OS (or at least not easily)

Could the skill of the random Conquistadors/Explorers a bit more random? (i.e. skill 3-6) :rolleyes:

Because it would be easier for the user and you might want the game to be user friendlier?

Sure I understand that, I'm just wondering if deleting under Win is really that much "unfriendlier" - after all lotsa people use it all the time. I dunno about Vista, but I thought it just stores the saves somewhere else, so I can't imagine it being that big of a prob once you're aware of that....

Sure I understand that, I'm just wondering if deleting under Win is really that much "unfriendlier" - after all lotsa people use it all the time. I dunno about Vista, but I thought it just stores the saves somewhere else, so I can't imagine it being that big of a prob once you're aware of that....

No it is not that much "unfriendlier", its just some people are still stuck in the dark ages (no offense meant) when it comes to computer files :D and find it hard.

Paradox games forced me to learn such 'minor' things some years back and they are now no problem, but to others they maybe an insurmountable obstacle, even if only at present.

At the end of the day other games (those not made by Paradox) have such niceties and the general populace gets use to having them around.

Do you have any suggestions?

I think making the colonization system a bit closer to Victoria's would be a very good move.

Instead of having to send zillions of colonists it would be better to have "claims" to uncolonized province, like it happened historically. To get these claims you could do number of things, like build trade posts, forts, missions and so on. (once the province is cleared of hostile natives)

Then we would need some kind of emigration system to allow for the mainland's pop to move to the colonies, something like a new slider...one side would improve the colony's pop at the cost of mainland pop and vice versa.

Thats a damn good idea. And i have another one. You could give slider, in tech expenses menu, just like army tech etc, which is responsible for money spended to colonization, imigration, trade in new world and other things. Also benefits from having army in colony, could be better. And of course some new buildings according to colonies' economic profile.

Btw that must be horrible to read my "engrish". Sorry for all inconveniences. :p

Registered users have access to 40 new titles including "remasterized" Falalan for a total of around 80' of music.

I'm also looking forward to this ... one of my main reasons to buy this game was the expection to hear falalalan again ... and ... it's not in :(
at the moment i bought a worthless game ... okay i'm exaggerating, but i miss this tune :rolleyes:

I really like that the game remembers which mod I played last time I started the game. :)

So, I'm lazy, what can I say? But this got me thinking, couldn't the game do even more remembering things for me?

Why can't it select "Single player" (or whatever option I had last) and the latest save file so all I have to do after starting the game is click "Start"? In the <1% of the cases when I want to do something different from last time I played I would then have to click "Back" once or twice to get to the more general selections but wouldn't it be better to optimize for the most common usage?

I also think the save games should be ordered by time - latest save at the top of the list - rather than by name. I find myself naming my games aaaaDenmark and the like to get the current game at the top of the list and after a few months playing, the save list starts looking a bit ridiculous.

Add in a random event that lets you snag an explorer and/or conq for a hefty fee. Could be that the explorer was not hired by portugol/spain/england etc. Should only be avail to larger civs based on size/econ(not the sea/land slider). Since im not playing this game to be historically accurate it would be neat to be able to expand in the americas with Vij in india.

Registered users have access to 40 new titles including "remasterized" Falalan for a total of around 80' of music.

I had system issues with the music in EU2 so I missed out on Falalan. Now, having listened to it, umm, it certainly sticks in your head...

Anyway, one problem I have encountered a couple times now. I have the city screen open and click to upgrade say the fortress level. Before I can hit o.k. an event fires. Since the window is still open on the building upgrade I cannot read the text of the event choice consequences when I scroll the tooltip over them.

Fortunately, the couple times this has happened to me I knew what the events were, so it was not a huge deal, but potentially very frustrating.

Ability to Quick Save and Quick Load
Also in the menu load option. Put the last 3 auto saves with dates at the top, along with the past 2-3 quicksaves ( incase someone quicksaves on accident when they meant to quickload, it happens a lot.)

Also, the ability to change game speed up and down would be nice maybe have it be the numpad 1 to go slower 3 to go faster and 2 for pause.