Read this first before posting any new ideas, please.
This colour means that the idea has been already included.
1) Get AI to use international loans.
2) Get AI to use DP sliders.
3) Smarter AI use of ships in war...keep them in larger fleets.
4) Better AI naval transportation. As is the AI is more likely to walk even if sea would be far quicker and if walking isn't possible they mostly sit there or send small ineffectual armies by sea.
5) Make the AI handle trade better (send more than one merchant at a time etc.).
6) make the AI befriend certain nations with a befriend = nation X and protect certain nations with protect = nation X
7) Option to suggest your AI ally what to do (attack, defend, etc)
8) smarter AI or PAI system change with depend on monarch/monarch skills (done partly) -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=423823
1) Change the city screen. While it looks nice and realistic, it's practically an obstacle in creating a new building system. Make it into a list instead. Or, add the list to the bottom of the city screen.
2) The ability to see the status (garrison) of captured enemy forts (under siege or not), just like we can see our own.
3) The ability to change capitals
4) More mapmodes, especially a supply limit mapmode
5) Make 'notifiers' available for all message setting (with a pause option).
6) If your country is fully covered/besieged by enemies you can bulid your army in capital of your ally, so war won't end so quickly. It would be 3x more expensive and You can only mount not more than manpower divided by 2 at one time.
7) Option (or button) that will give you a chance of reading other nations historical events (for example in EUII I only was mentioned "Queen of Cyprus happend in X country" ok, but let me read the description of this event). We have many history fans here who want know what exactly is going in other countries. (toggleable?)
8) Add a line on the tooltip underneath an HRE country stating who they favor as the leading candidate? Right below where it states Elector of the Holy Roman Empire/Part of the Holy Roman Empire. Or add a seperate ledger screen with this info.
9) Having a notifier if you're minting would be nice. I hate it when it sometimes start to mint automatically, and you get inflation just like that
10) In-game editor of names of newly created colonial cities.
11) After king dies there should be option to view some kind of summary, what important happend when he was ruling.
- provinces conquered
- provinces lost
- changes in DP (for example: centralisation +3)
- historical events
- manufactories, shipyards, conscription centres
- wars with who and with what result
- inflation, income at start and end.
12) There sholud be an opion to view DP of known countries, but non numerical.
13) Dynamic scales for graphs in the ledger.
14) the option to take a screenshot of your whole empire?
15) extra zoom level.
16) It would be nice if there was a map mode that shows the size of the provinces (In population) It would be a really nice addon for aar's
17) Most certainly, more graphs on population/population religion etc etc also!
18) we should get a message when ANY alliance expires
1) Diplomatic deals similar to Vicky, where provinces, specific amounts of gold, and armies (possibly?) can be traded. (MP only, likely, so toggleable) Or, as suggested, possibility to swap non core provinces between countries assessed by percentage or just buying/selling them. To be done even by the AI.
2) An option to release any province as a vassal and/or add/subtract any provinces released with a vassal.
3) Possibility to take the enemy capital province when warscore is 100%, if it is a national core
4) Force break vassalage in peace negotiations
5) If there is a rebel probability in other country in province that is your national you can toss some money to the rebelians, that will raise rebel probability ( for example +2%) for 12 months, of course it will ruin your reputation.
6)Ultimatum. I want you to grant me military acces through your country, if not there will be a war between us. Something like that, of course Ultimatum not only reffers to MA.
7) More peace terms. For example, paying other country military maintaince costs for 2 years, paying contribution in installments etc.
8) Creation of embassy - that will systematically raise your relation with this country but will cost ya depending on number of provinces/ income of this country.
9) have personal unions as a proper, official diplomatic status (like being a vassal). also as an event trigger.
10) Add a financial aspect to exchange map discoveries.
11) ask for loan option -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=423823
12) decide on the length of a truce -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...&postcount=377
13) warscore cost should depend on whether the asker was the agressor or the defender -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...&postcount=379
14) No stab hit when ally is calling for assitence when u have no CB against that specific country that ur ally is targeting
15) No more than 5 royal marriages, not every royal family was as big as Habsburg and many kings died without (rightful) heir. This should perhaps be scaled to country size.
16) Disable vassal option to punish his senior with Trade Embargo, vassal cannot do that, giving Vassal this opportunity is non logical.
17) I wish military access for navy and land separately because current system is bad.
18) ability to offer military access.
19) Whenever two countries are at war against each other all Militar Access they've each other should automatically broke (with no penalty) and this even if they entered war by answering an ally call or if one of them is the defender
20) military access autoends after 10 years.
21) reichstag-feature - being able to set in stone what you want to do for the time youre crowned emperor (for example conquering back certain countries , destroying countries , conquering provinces , looting provinces (basically devasting them) , colonising certain amount of provinces on certain (or several) continents , restoring countries , highering relations with certain countries etc. if you fail to do so your reputation will lower and you will lose relations to the electors , but if you succeed the opposite will happen
22) Limit vassals DOW'ing. When vassals want to DOW someone they must need permission from there overlord, like a message for the overlord yay or nay.
23) When making peace can we have an option to choose whether to give a conquered territory to ourselves or our vassal if either one controls it?
1) Two-tier religious system in provinces: one for the ruling classes, one for the rest of the population. You can convert the ruling class but only as a narrowminded nation you can convert the rest of the province. I agree with this but by definition conquering the province eliminates the existing ruling class. This is somewhat handled well by the existing system. I agree that conversion as is is too easy, however. a thread on this: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=443112 and http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=441600
2) Possibly a MM-like system where conversion must occur successfully 3 times?
3) Tooltips for the religious tolerance sliders would be nice, show how it changes revolt risk for your state religion and what diplomatic impact (if any it will have)
4) Give DEFENDER OF FAITH more priveledges, You paing 1000 for it and have only this CB profit, and that's why it is not so widely used option. It has more potential.
5) Missionaries also are not well exploited, maybe give them some role in colonisation? (this is decently represented by narrow/inno slider giving more colonists, IMO)
6) new calculation for missionaries success rate -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=444029
7) Catholic-only emperors
1) The same for culture, but only truly innovative nations (>=8?) can have a chance in accepting other cultures as their own.
2) Or, have accepted cultures happen after owning say 75% of the provinces for 100 years or more. (May have to adjust accepted/primary culture bonuses/malus).
3) Culture conversion (Turn on and offable)
4) Multi-culture and multi-religion provinces.
DB (Leaders, Monarchs, Events, etc)
1) An ability to recruit generals/admirals/explorers/conqs.
2) A monarch randomizer (toggleable for MP)
3) More event pictures.
4) Dynamic cores, cultures and monarchs as discussed in the respective topics about the subject
5) I wish random uprising events but not for colonies because we have for them already (in some conditions for example: when stability < 0, serfdom > 5, centralization > 5 etc.) due to different culture in provinces (even if accepted).
6) Historical monarchs, leaders, important cities, should have their small pictures (scalled paintings for example) . That would be really refreshing
1) The ability to reduce the forts of provinces, for a fee of course. (With certain tech, certain DPs, limit on how many times, not during war?)
2) more types of units like Rome has namely archer, musketeers, pikemen, swordsmen, light fast cavalry, heavy assault cavalry, field artillery, siege mortars etc (possibly an eu3-like system with differing unit groups). However this really doesn't work with the existing combat system, which would have to be revamped.
3)Officers' Training Centre on your capital. To give you better but non historical commanders
4) Abolish the 1000 troop split limit, make it so you can just keep splitting and splitting until the last man.
5) Option to choose a place where produced troops will go automatically after created, for example direct to the besieged capital of enemy. I mean troops are created in province and automatically move to chosen province (Rally-point)
6) dynamic movement attrition -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=444446
7) rename my army and navies -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...&postcount=475
8) increasing army cost (a little) after reach some tech levels (f.e. 15, 30, 45, 60)
9) country specific units with different abilities/sprites
10) able to have less ship support limit when u only have a fewer coastal provinces
11) An idea I have that may not really be possible, but cool anyway, guerrilla warfare. Once you get to about 18th century tech you can wage it (corresponding to the Spanish campaign against Napoleon). The way it works is that an infantry-only army of a certain size, based on the support value of the province, has a button for waging guerrilla war. This army will stop being a regular unit on the map, and instead cause a major increase in the province's attrition for enemy troops (based on the number of troops in the army) as long as they're there. This should also only be available if the army's morale is 'strong' or better, and should probably only work on provinces that you own, not just have captured.
1) Remake the autosend merchant feature, to allow sending merchants to specific COTs only. Possibly an EU3 like system where you can set bias towards certain CoT's.
2) Auto-send colonists option.
3) Exchange of technology, again it will cost you depending on relations, differences in tech. Only in your tech group.
4) bonus invest (some ducats) to stability after wining war
5) No more suicide-bomber merchants. When I see 'your market share increased because so-and-so got competed away', I kind of expect to see my share actually increase. Not to have my merchant disappear along with the other one like they're two chemical compounds reacting. Instead of this, how about merchants just randomly go out of business based on national stability. Stuff gets stolen, catches fire, people get murdered, that should do well enough to free up slots in CoTs. And competing merchants will actually stay in business like they should.
1) After your capital was captured by enemy You cannot change your Politics (serfdom, centralisation and others) even if 10 years since previous change passed. This will continue till you free your capital. Now capital is +/- the same castle as every other, it should be more important and and better protected.
1) Movement of capital without event
2) Forming nations before historical date (Turn on and offable, e.g taking Scotland, Ireland etc by 1500, have the option at least.)
3) dynamic nationalism -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...&postcount=459
4) more knownprovinces (colonies) after discover new continent -> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...&postcount=397