• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Formula51

Me fadda was a tree!
72 Badges
Sep 7, 2003
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
The World is Not Enough​
But it'll do for now​
A FtG North American MP Odyssey​

GM: Formula51
Time: Mondays, 1900EST-2300EST
Scenario: AGCEEP 1419 scenario
Country List:
ENG: TCPilot
SPA: Formula51
FRA: montgomeryjilion
TUR:
RUS:
HAB: Rudolf
SWE:
BRA:
POL:
MIL:
POR:
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:

1. THE FUNCTION OF THE GMs (by DANIEL A. Edited by Martmol, Formula51)

The GMs are your servants. They will administer the game according to the rules. The GMs are bound by the rules just as any normal participant is but also have some special duties.

The GMs duties are
- to administrate the game and ensure the smooth running of the game when started
- to interpret the rules in case of need
- to execute the disciplinary power in the game

Note: the GMs will participate in the game just as any other player. They have no duty to put special attention to the game log. If you need the GM to act but fail to get his attention by simple measures, then instead pause the game and e.g. make a message with ducats or stars (****) or whatever, something that triggers the attention of one of the GMs.

2. When unpredicted situations occur during the game the GM may, after consulting the players, issue additional ad hoc rules to deal with the situation. A good example is if a human nation is AIed, the GM may then state whether this nation is on-limits or off-limits. The GM may however never punish a nation for actions already taken that break this new rule.

further rules
4. If you get vassalised by a human player you must stay that way for 10 years, unless the overlord chooses to break it. After 10 years the vassal can break vassalage, the overlord can then choose to attack them after that again or let them go.
As a vassal :
* You cannot enter any other alliance than that of your overlord.
* You must accept a proposal of TA/MA from your overlord.
* You are not allowed to start any wars without permission of your overlord
* You cannot give MA to any power without your Overlord's consent.
* You are *not* required to dow someone at the command of your overlord, send him cash at his command or generally help your overlord if *he* is the aggressor in a war.

5. Using certain exploits is forbidden. See below for more details.

* Attacking an enemy fleet with pirates, as well as comparatively very
small fleets, only made to inhibit loading/landing.
* Releasing one or more vassals during wartime, to hinder an enemy.
* Force-burning of manufactories, i.e. repeated move and halt orders to an
army in a province with a manufactory.
* Using lag to your advantage. This includes (but is not limited to):
Sending lag colonists, building lag fortresses, sending lag missionaries,
using lag diplomats. (The exception is using lag diplomats to send cash).
* Declaring a 'fake' war on a country, with the aim to:
* Increase the stability of the nation you declare war on.
* Change the religion of a protestant or Counter-Reformed-Catholic
nation back to Catholicism before the Edict of Tolerance.
* Exploiting Simultanity: Using the game engine to break a deal, that would
occur simultaneously in the real word. This includes (but is not limited
to) the 'sale' of something in game.
* Converting from Catholiscism to either Counter-reformed-Catholicism or
Protestantism and then switching back to Catholiscism before the Edict
of Tolerance.
* Trading maps with the AI.
* Sending loans to the AI.
* Signing a peace deal with the AI, that bankrupts it in the same day.
* Ceding TPs to reduce Bad Boy.

6. A war is fought together if the two (human) nations are fighting the same war in-game. Then the leader of the alliance can sign a full-alliance peace.
7. Two (or more) nations fighting the same enemy in several different wars, are NOT fighting together. This means that even if the two (or more) nations consider themselves allies, their enemy might peace one of them, in order to deal with the other one easier. The enemy is in no way obligated to sign both (or all) the nations, despite them having discussed a peace involving both (as the two (or more) consider themselves allies).
8. no exploration with 100 or 100+ ships. Within known seazones avoiding attrition with 100+ ships is allright
9. when pausing the game, communicate with all other players
10. No breaking a truce, except when the truce is a result of a province swap
deal in game. You are not allowed to dow AI alliance members or vassals of
someone you have a truce with.
11. any peace agreements that are concluded between two parties, are valid until 10 years after the peace was signed, unless specified otherwise by the acting parties. vassals may be created that are not defined in game as part of peace negotiations, with a truce to be edited in between the vassal and the country that the vassal was made out of. This requires the master country to demand all the provinces in a peace deal that the vassal will be made out of.
12. Brandenburg will become Prussia no matter what. In addition, if there is a Netherlands player, they will be edited in, come January 1583, with: their cores, a military equivalent to half their support limit (land), triple the number of ports (warships), technology equivalent to spain's (or the owner of the low countries) and treasury equivalent to two years of census tax. A truce with spain (or owner of low countries) will also be in effect for the first 5 years of its existance.

13. Culture/core claiming:
a) A culture may be claimed after owning 80% of its respective provinces for 100 years. This number is rounded up (ie. 8/9 provinces must be owned, not 7/9). Cultures given by event or by default may not be lost unless a country loses all provinces with that culture. However, claimed cultures may be lost if the country in question controls less than 50% of the provinces with the claimed culture.
b) Cores can be claimed if: the province is on the same continent as the country's capital, or if there is a land connection between the province and capital. Areas such as the Gibraltar straits, the English Channel between kent and calais, the sund connecting sweden and denmark count as land connections. Other areas subject to GM approval. Meeting these requirements, the province must be owned for 100 years to claim it as core. Cores may be revoked as part of a peace deal, and claimed cores are lost after 100 years of not owning the province.

14. ©Mats_SX's absolutely brilliant force-peace-rule (FPR)

Case 1: War between two nations.
If one side manages 99 warscore, the loser is at -3 stability and the war has been going on for at least 5 years, the winner can force peace with a stab-hitting peace offer.

Case 2: War between an alliance of 2 or more versus 1 nation (gang).
For any separate peace, see case 1.
If the alliance leader wants to force peace for the alliance against the 1 nation, he requires 99 alliance warscore and 99 warscore of his own (separately).

Case 3: War between 2 alliances of 2 or more nations.
For any non-alliance peace between two nations, see case 1.
For any alliance to separate nation peace deal (for any member of the other alliance, even leader), see case 2.
If the winning alliance's leader wants to force-peace the whole other alliance, he needs 99 warscore for his alliance on the other alliance and 99 warscore of his own against the losing alliance leader. It is the losing leader's stability that is taken into consideration.

Examples:
Alliance 1: FRA, BB
Allaince 2: HAB, ITA, SPA
FRA gets 99 ws on HAB while BB gets 10 ws on HAB. ITA and SPA have 0 warscore. Alliance 1 now has 99 ws on HAB and leader FRA has 99 ws. They can force-peace HAB when HAB gets -3 stab and after 5 years.
HAB is force-peaced.
Then ITA gets 50 ws on FRA and SPA gets 50 ws on FRA. Alliance 2 now has 99 ws on Alliance 1, but leader ITA only has 50 ws on leader FRA. They can not force-peace.
ITA now gets 99 ws on FRA and FRA gets 20 ws on SPA. Leader ITA can still not force-peace leader FRA for alliance, as Alliance 2 only has 79 ws on Alliance 1. But ITA can force-peace FRA separately, as they have 99 ws.
FRA is force-peaced separately, splitting the wars into: ITA vs BB and SPA vs FRA, BB.
Force-peace is now following cases 1 and 2.

15. The land-naval slider will be reset to 5 between every session. You are allowed to make slider moves, but just be aware that you will lose them at the end of the session. This is to prevent heavy naval nations such as England from dominating the seas so completely as is usually the case for heavy-naval nations. They still have the awesome admirals, don't worry!

Last edited:
it isnt possible to have a dedicate server, but u wont really need one either.

I'd like to play but I'm in a game on Thursdays, so anything but Thursday or Wednesday would work. But I don't know how MP works with EU2.

MP in EU2 used to be prone to crashes and lag. I don't know how well it plays in FTG.

What time will you be playing CET? I might be able to and interested in joining. I played a lot of Eu2 MP but it was a long time ago. Great fun but quite buggy as I mention above.

thats not true, most people can/play till midnight.

If you're going to accomodate European players, 5:00 PM EST probably isn't the best time to do it.

As an EST zone game, this isn't very convenient on a weeknight. On the weekend, say Saturday yes. I don't get home from work until after 6pm M-F. Why does a NA EST zone game need to be convenient for CET players? Lets have a CET game convenient to European players and an EST or CST zone game convenint to North or South American players.

Last edited:
Hello MP goers!

I think its about time we have some NA representation on the FtG MP forums. When I get a little more time (the weekend) I'll dig up some old rules from some random EU2 MP game. They will likely include rewards for writing AARs, as well as rules for diplomatic deals that cannot be covered by the existing engine. But, for now, the idea is this:

1900-2300 EST game, weekday (or 3 hours if it is easier on people), one day per week.

I like those hours for a NA EST zone game. As formula51 suggested in the original post. If we are going to get NA or even SA players going in an MP game we need convenient hours for us NA or SA players. If these great European players wish to join, they should try to accomodate the NA schedule.

I'm for playing any weeknight but Wednesday or Thursday. But won't be able to if I have to play on a CET schedule.

As an EST zone game, this isn't very convenient on a weeknight. On the weekend, say Saturday yes. I don't get home from work until after 6pm M-F. Why does a NA EST zone game need to be convenient for CET players? Lets have a CET game convenient to European players and an EST or CST zone game convenint to North or South American players.

because there are more europeans then americans :D

because there are more europeans then americans :D

There maybe more European players, but isn't the point of the original post to drum up American, Canadian, Mexican, etc. players. If we have to play at a time most convenient to Europeans than Americans and/or Canadians and/or anyone else on this side of the world may not be able to play the game.

So I ask that a weeknight time frame of 7pm to 11pm CST be the benchmark. That would be a good time for most of NA and SA.

If daytime hours are proposed, to make it more accessable for Europeans, than most NA and SA players probably wouldn't be able to join unless it was on a Saturday or Sunday. Students would be available for such games but I'd like to open it up to us working stiffs as well.

But I'm with the original intent of the topic of this thread.

As am I, Rudolf. If Euros wanna join, let em. Not to mention there already is a European time-framed game. But I'm going to stick with 6-10EST (7-11CST, right?) Mondays. Any objections? Anyways, I'll work on grabbing some rules. Also, any takers please give your top three country picks.

Mine are:
Spain
Portugal
Austria

As am I, Rudolf. If Euros wanna join, let em. Not to mention there already is a European time-framed game. But I'm going to stick with 6-10EST (7-11CST, right?) Mondays. Any objections? Anyways, I'll work on grabbing some rules. Also, any takers please give your top three country picks.

Mine are:
Spain
Portugal
Austria

Well I was hoping for 7pm est, nudge, nudge.

If I can make it, I like
1 Austria
2 Burgundy
3 OE

Oh, okay, that's what I wanted anyway :) check out ze rules then. Lemme know what you think. If you play BUR I can edit either france's leaders to you, or netherlands leaders, depending on which events you take. Shall we play AGCEEP to make things interesting?

Since this'll be a NA game, the lag I sometimes get probably won't be an issue, so I'd like to join.

Burgundy would certainly be interesting, but only without a France. As for AGCEEP, I question the wisdom of that, since it was never the most stable of mods for EU2 MP. Have things changed since?

I'm also a bit surprised by the lack of any italian country.