+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Brandenburg über alles!

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Well, if you don't get Oldenburg but get Mecklenburg instead that wouldn't be too bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaiskandar View Post
    A quite difficult war, you clearly need more troops.
    It's time for a loan I think.
    The war is almost over, last part coming up in a few minutes. I didn't have to take a loan, though might have if need be.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

While the war rages on, luckily now mostly just beyond my borders, some prior comes asking to contribute to a new religious order. I decide I don't have time or money at this time to hear him out and send him away empty handed.

Petition for a new religious order, June 1507.

In October I try a second assault of Oldenburg, which doesn't succeed. A Danish army is on it's way through Bremen to Oldenburg so I might get in trouble. Cleves is still sieging hannover, but that might not be the smartest thing to do. They are at war with an alliance consisting of Burgundy, Berg, Guelders and Scotland and Burgundy is assaulting their sole province.

Situation of the war in October 1507, right after the second failed assault on Oldenburg.

The government of Cleves sends me a peace offer so they can focus on the Burgundian Alliance. I'm 35 ducats richer.

Seperate peace with Cleves, they pay Brandenburg 35d in indemnities, October 1507.

The Danish army clashes with mine in November and despite it being a close victory, we win and continue sieging Oldenburg. Our greater cavalry numbers on the plains might have done the trick.

Situation of the war in November 1507, while the battle in Oldenburg rages.

In January 508 I try another assault on Oldenburg to get it over with and it succeeds. I immediatley try to vassalize them but that option is greyed out and so I annex them instead. I subsequently get Denmark to sign peace with me, they will pay Brandenburg 75 ducats in indemnities. Due to the war my badboy rises from 0.0 to 6.0.

Peace and diplomatic situation of Brandenburg after the war, January 1508.

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    I want Oldenburg to be mine, not part of or vassal of the Teutonic Order!
    Sometimes your allies can be more helpful than you want can't they?

Joe
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

Dauphinois à la Noix Karaiskandar's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Not, not bad at all.
    Your BB is still quite low, well done!
    Awarded Fan of the Week 10. April 2010
    Awarded the Medal of Services or Knowledge towards the betterment of Canada

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Time to get more Bohemian cores?
    Better to have core than non-core provinces...

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Bohemia and Saxony seem to hate you, they should be next in your diplomatic list
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

61 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    Sometimes your allies can be more helpful than you want can't they?

Joe
    I'm very happy I have such good and useful allies! Even if they are sometimes a bit overzealous as you said.

Not, not bad at all.
    Your BB is still quite low, well done!
    Thanks. I'm a reasonably peaceful person.

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Time to get more Bohemian cores?
    Better to have core than non-core provinces...
    Not for the moment. They're allied to Austria and friends...

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Bohemia and Saxony seem to hate you, they should be next in your diplomatic list
    Saxony maybe, but as said, Bohemia is a no-go for the time being. And as coz1 has already often mentioned, there will be a lot of war and annexing later on as I get my very talented kings and generals.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Thanks. I'm a reasonably peaceful person.

And as coz1 has already often mentioned, there will be a lot of war and annexing later on as I get my very talented kings and generals.
    One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

61 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong
    Well, all depends on the situation of course.

I'm not exactly in a situation to be overly warmongering right now. Once you go over the limit and are powerful enough not to care what the rest of the world thinks of you it doesn't really matter anymore of course if you're peaceful or not.

61 games registered

The year and a half after the final peace deal with Denmark nothing very interesting happens in Europe and the affected provinces recover from the war. In July 1509 Bohemia becomes a vassal of Poland, while Bavaria accepts to become vassals of Austria.

Our neighbors strenghten relationships, July 1509.

The following autumn the nobles demand increased pensions, but I deny their pleas and stability lowers from +3 to +1.

In August 1510 Lithuania annexes the Teutonic Order, but it releases the Order again as vassal in October. so nothing really changes.

Another year later I get another event. This time the cities demand old rights back. I accepted and the centralization slider went -1 however in June 1514 I just went +1 centralization again with the sloder change.

I upgrade the bailiff to tax collector in Oldenburg in August 1515 and in December 1516 gain another level in Land Technology and I can now build level 3 forts!

Land Tech advance to level 11, Brandenburg can now build level 3 forts, December 1516.

Remember the ACA's if you haven't voted yet! Last chance to vote today! The link is in my signature.
    Last edited by Qorten; 31-01-2010 at 16:47.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

And huge were level 3 forts in the game?

61 games registered

And huge were level 3 forts in the game?
    I do not understand the question? Please rephrase, Enewald.

New update:

In September 1517 Spain annexes the leftovers of Burgundy: Brabant, Artois, Luxembourg and Franche-Comté. During the last fifty years they have slowly gobbled up pieces of Italy and they are conquering the Middle and South-American nations like a locust-plague.

Spanish possessions in Italy and the Lowlands. Notice Bremen owns Vlaanderen and England has Holland. September 1517.

Interesting times are certainly on my doorstep when I see the Reformation arrive in November 1518, Calvinism is introduced to the world in February 1521.
    Breslau, capital city of Silesia turns Protestant by event in January 1520. The Teutonic Order change state religion and go secular inFebruary 1524. We get a royal marriage with the new state of Prussia by event and they become vassals of Poland by event.
    Later in 1524 Hannover becomes my second Protestant province. It takes a few years for other provinces to make up their minds but from the Spring of 1528 onwards most of Brandenburg turns Lutheran until in 1541 only Oldenburg is Catholic.
    I change state religion in May 1535, after Sweden (1530), England (1534) and Denmark (March 1535). A lot of German principalities are also Protestant or Reformed by then.

The first and second reformation, 1518-1521.

Breslau's inhabitants are the first to turn Protestant in Brandenburg, January 1520. Teutonic Order reforms itself into Prussia, February 1524.

Hannover is second to have a Protestant majority, July 1524. Hesse changes state religion and enters Brandenburg's alliance. (leaves some years later again), November 1526.

Hessen would make a nice vassal.
    I hope that you'll inherit Prussia.

Vice Admiral of the White AdmiralNelson's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I'll stop reading if he doesn't.

Good work so far, Qorten!
    When I am without orders and unexpected occurrences arrive I shall always act as I think the honour and glory of my King and Country demand. But in case signals can neither be seen or perfectly understood, no captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy.
    --The Most Noble Lord Horatio Nelson, Viscount and Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Burnham Thorpe in the County of Norfolk, Baron Nelson of the Nile and of Hillborough in the said County, Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Vice Admiral of the White Squadron of the Fleet, Commander in Chief of his Majesty's Ships and Vessels in the Mediterranean, Duke of Bronte in Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Knight Grand Cross of the Sicilian Order of St Ferdinand and of Merit, Member of the Ottomanee Order of the Crescent, Knight Grand Commander of the Order of St. Joachim.

And so the reformation begins. I hope there are some turbulent and interesting times ahead.

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

"I change state religion in May 1535, after Sweden (1530), England (1534) and Denmark (March 1535). A lot of German principalities are also Protestant or Reformed by then."

Who are you allied with now?

Joe
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

61 games registered

Hessen would make a nice vassal.
    I hope so too. Hessen as vassal will have to wait sadly. As mentioned in the update, I lost them to another alliance when I myself changed state religion.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNelson View Post
    I'll stop reading if he doesn't.

Good work so far, Qorten!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington View Post
    And so the reformation begins. I hope there are some turbulent and interesting times ahead.
    So far it has been rather quiet, but it has only just begun. I'll keep a closer eye on the other majors then I did before to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    "I change state religion in May 1535, after Sweden (1530), England (1534) and Denmark (March 1535). A lot of German principalities are also Protestant or Reformed by then."

Who are you allied with now?

Joe
    I'm still allied to Lithuania. They don't seem to mind that I changed to Protestant. I got invited to an alliance of Poland+Bohemia but declined and then immediately aftr a request from Lithuania, which I accepted (but they are alliance leader now, crap).

I hope so too. Hessen as vassal will have to wait sadly. As mentioned in the update, I lost them to another alliance when I myself changed state religion.
    Oh yes indeed, my bad!

Ups, I meant to ask how many men do the level 3 forts have?
    How many defenders?

Go get Prussia!

Ups, I meant to ask how many men do the level 3 forts have?
    How many defenders?
    15 000 I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast