• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For one, several cultures are missing from it, Catalan, Portugese, and I think Danes and a few others. They don't have entries in the file, so I can't change their buildings.
Always possible to use default MIN set (or any other existing set).
I also changed the dutch entry so it should use the dutch buildings. I own Flanders as France in my game, and they have French buildings instead... Any AGCEEP experts know what the deal is?
The culture of a city doesn't always reflect the culture of the province, especially if the owner is of a different culture and made improvements or if the population reached a new level under the rule of another primary culture.

herr doctor but visst graphics that you want to know if how to convert the units for those in civ3 for the glory because I had tried it but my Vedeno transparent in the game if you ask me only three drives me you can do if you want?
thanks

Always possible to use default MIN set (or any other existing set).

Ok, thanks!

I've made an AGCEEP-compatible version of cultures.txt. I haven't done extensive testing, but I don't think there's any major problems.

To install just put this in your mods/AGCEEP/Db directory (back up cultures.txt first).

Attachments

• cultures.txt
    7,5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
cities3.png

Polish, Ottoman (AoE2), Portuguese, Dutch
The Polish one is very usable also for Czech and Slovak cultures :)
That's great :cool:

Ok, thanks!

I've made an AGCEEP-compatible version of cultures.txt. I haven't done extensive testing, but I don't think there's any major problems. For some reason it just won't recognize Catalan or Portuguese cultures, so they don't have the new buildings, unfortunately.

To install just put this in your mods/AGCEEP/Db directory (back up cultures.txt first).
just fix "amazonian" for Catalan and "mississipian" for Portuguese;)

Ok, thanks!

I've made an AGCEEP-compatible version of cultures.txt. I haven't done extensive testing, but I don't think there's any major problems. For some reason it just won't recognize Catalan or Portuguese cultures, so they don't have the new buildings, unfortunately.

Thanks for it!

The reason why there si no 'catalan' or 'portuguese' culture is that they use different name tags. 'portuguese' is 'missisipian' (POR set), 'catalan' is 'amazonian' (SPA set), and 'dalmatian' is 'syrian' (ITA set).

For Czech/Slovak I used the Hungarian buildings, I don't know wich ones are the best, but I find them more suitable for those locations (central Europe). But feel free to change to what you find is the best. :)

Thanks for it!

The reason why there si no 'catalan' or 'portuguese' culture is that they use different name tags. 'portuguese' is 'missisipian' (POR set), 'catalan' is 'amazonian' (SPA set), and 'dalmatian' is 'syrian' (ITA set).

For Czech/Slovak I used the Hungarian buildings, I don't know wich ones are the best, but I find them more suitable for those locations (central Europe). But feel free to change to what you find is the best. :)

Hmm, some interesting ideas on ethnology there. Thanks.

I've got them both working now. I'm using HUN buildings for Czech, Slovak, and Romanian, and the POL buildings for Ruthenian and Lithuanian. Those can be easily changed if you want though.

The file in my first post is updated, put it on the first page if you want.

You could create a
veneto/gothic/byzantine set for VEN with a combination od existing building, that is main building will be italian and next to building same as thrace set and closest building Tago set.

Or check out Palladio ( architect) and the ville venete

http://images.google.com.au/images?...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCEQsAQwAw

these can cover all lands from Veneto , istria, dalmatia, ragusa, corfu, crete, negroponte(ionia)

just a suggestion

Marcion: Added on the first page, thank you. :)

Toio: This could be interesting, but the main problem is that we cannot give a specific set to a specific province, I'd need a Venetian culture wich is not present either in Vanilla, nor in the AGCEEP, so that would be much efforts for little results sadly. :(

Can I use these sets in AGCEEP?
I tried overwriting mod's files but I get a vanilla set with misplaced buildings in the end :(

Fix builings in "For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Db\cultures.txt";)

Or just use the one I made.

As for the talk of a Venetian culture, you would have to change the scenario and DB files, but given that they only occupy a couple of provinces, it isn't really that much work. I could do it easily enough (but not make the buildings).

It would also be cool to see some more fitting ones for Thai/Burmese people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shwedagon_Pagoda
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Palace

Last edited:
Toio: This could be interesting, but the main problem is that we cannot give a specific set to a specific province, I'd need a Venetian culture wich is not present either in Vanilla, nor in the AGCEEP, so that would be much efforts for little results sadly. :(
IMO adding a culture to any mod is a very easy thing really...;)