• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General_Grant

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Jan 13, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
Version 0.1 is available for download

Download version 0.1

AGCEEP culture add-on, courtesy of Marcion:

View attachment 20010

First, thanks the FtG team for all their work and more specifically the 'buildings in a province change according to its culture' feature. This is the specifical feature this mini-mod will attempt to use, by introducing building sets to the most important cultures.

After a few quick tests, the feature work perfectly. The culture/cities system is very customizable and every culture on the planet can have its specifical set of buildings if we want.

This is what the new engine allow:

fraexemple1.png

Here is Paris, the capital of France. Paris is a French-cultured city so its buildings are in the French style.

fraexemple2.png

This is Strassburg, the provincial capital of Alsace. Being of German culture, the city shows German influance in its architecture instead of French ones, despite being part of France.

fraexemple3.png

This is Brest, in Bretagne. Since Bretagne is of Celtic culture, and no specifical building set has been given to this culture (yet), it simply use the 'default' building set.

...Note that the buildings will be properly resized and adjusted within the province, its very messy right now.

When all will be adjusted I will release all the new building sets to the public. However, since it use graphics from the old (but excellent!) game Cossack, it is not to become an integral part of FtG. I intend to build this mostly for mods that are interested in this, so anybody wanting to integrate it into its own mod is free to do so.

Right now the following cultures can get their own sets:

Iberian (shares with Basque)
French
Dutch
Anglo-Saxon
Scandinavian (shares with Ugric)
German (shares with Baltic and Swiss)
Polish (shares with Lithuanian)
Italian (shares with Maltese)
Hungarian (shares with Slovak and Czech)

Portuguese (non-vanilla culture)
Danish (non-vanilla culture, shares with Norwegian)
Austrian/South German (non-vanilla culture)

The following sets may be build in the future:
Swiss
Prussian
Bavarian

Pictures of what has been done so far, courtesy of venerable old EU2:

cities.png

Austrian, French, Italian, Spanish

cities2.png

Swedish, (ugly) English, German, Hungarian

cities3.png

Polish, Ottoman (AoE2), Portuguese, Dutch

I'm launching this with my very limited skills (I'm far from being an artist), ressources (Cossack, dunno where the CD is), and tools (MS Paint for the glory!). If anybody have the ambition to start something similar with new graphic sources I'd be happy to help him.

Last edited:
Congratulations, it's an amazing job :eek:!!
Can't wait to play with this in the new AGCEEP :) !
Very well done, General.

can you mix and match buildings and create your own city type ??

Cathar knight: Thank you! That should not take much time if the AGCEEP drop me a notice telling me they are interested.

Vitamina: AGCEEP is a mod, and this cannot be downloaded yet. ;)

Herr Doctor: I don't know yet, I had already considered doing theses but they are very different from the other sets, so I am not sure.

Herr Doctor (2): well, thats not a bad idea, if I scale down all the buildings I'll have room to integrate real baracks buildings instead of tents.

Toio: I do not think that would fit, you may do your own experiments but that would probably give funny results.

luk3Z: Thank you, I'll try to make it available for everyone soon, hopefully by the end of the week-end (but no promise here! :p)

Herr Doctor: I don't know yet, I had already considered doing theses but they are very different from the other sets, so I am not sure.
Would be great really as I think Cossack buildings for Orients and Eastern Europe are very nice too. Russia and Ruthenia are very accurate at last.

EDIT: Just remember there are Piemont and Venice in Cossacks. So, the first one could be used for Italian and the next for potential Venetian culture.:)

Last edited:
ok thanks General Grant, but I did not understand you can have these mods for the cities located on the site??

It is not finished.

Not yet.

In the future.

Soon. :)

Herr Doctor: they can be good indeed, but I am not absolutly sure if the wheat-roofed houses will fit well into Kiev.

About Venice, that would almost require making canals aroud the buildings. :p Definatly not a priority, but not completly out of picture.

Dunno about the Maghreb, the Cossack buildings looks like made of sand and what I have for the Ottomans would most likely fit well for 'mus' tag and be applied to all muslim countries.

Priorities now are:

1. making all the sets work for FtG and make them available.

2. 'Create' Prussian, Bavarian and Swiss sets.

3. Create Russian and Ukrainian set.

4. What else? A Byzantine style would be amazing, but I have no games that I can import such building styles from.

Last edited:
Herr Doctor: they can be good indeed, but I am not absolutly sure if the wheat-roofed houses will fit well into Kiev.
Ah, I agree but they are quite moody for Ukraine.;)

Also have you ever checked American Conquest series? There are also quite a nice set of buildings which could be used to make yours even better! And you can even make colonies buildings view with that ones.
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/FightBack_101303_in006.jpg
http://www.scubb.com/images/prd_detailed/PC american conquest div nation_ss2.jpg
http://www.deafgamers.com/acfbpic5.jpg
http://www.cdaccess.com/gifs/screen/amerconq4.jpg
http://www.deafgamers.com/acfbpic3.jpg

Last edited:
This looks very nice. I hope you can fix the south Asian factions so the buildings don't look like they're all sculpted out of dung any more...

you dont necesarilly have to make canals around the venetian buildings , not each single venetian building is surrounded by channels you know , but indeed it would be awesome if you released venetian buildings (just to note ;))

also you could exchange the normal ports with the ones from cossacks (maybe as an tier2 shipyard)

It will not take time to do once I decide to upload this stuff, I just have to begin once and it will be done fast.:eek:o

Do not resesperate it will come before the week-end.

No prob, just wondering.
Also was thinking how to improve it a bit: perhaps removing some trees from the landscape would make the city buildings looks even better?

Last edited: