• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a little update: I'm ending to set the position of the cities of whole Europe. :)

Italy will have 51 provinces, Greece 15, Malta 1 and the remaining part of east Europe 61; the last Europe province is the 476, Asia one 1204 and Africa one 1453 (do you remember anything about these numbers?). ;)

In these days I'm resetting all SGL soldiers positions.

The soldier you can see in the follow image is the soldier fighting with another one

2NZOC6.jpg

And here the soldier is alone:

qG1FVR.jpg

This is the relative space taken:
(The dark green represents the space occupying the two soldiers and the only soldier including the flags . The another light green represents the circolar yellow selection of the soldiers).
Yellow is the position of the feet of the soldier when he is alone, the black dot take the coordinates to set in province.txt file)

09fpiD.jpg

I've see if you do a stamp with the most zoom in FTG game, the image take the same size of map in photoshop.

So, I've reset all SGL positions in order to avoiding overlapping.

Only light green is sometimes overlapped.

In the British Isles some soldiers are over the sea. ;)

Blue circle is the size of town, and dark green cicle is the town in a random position (all in Ireland)

I hope not to disappoint you... this was the only way to avoid all overlapping. just write a comment.

Last edited:
Indeed. A lot of work! But good to see that sprites won't overlap. That would be unfortunate.

I've redrawn the map in British Isles in order to avoid feet of the soldiers on the sea. I can't do it in
  1. Durovernum
  2. Isca Dumnoniorum
  3. Portus Dubris

(and Ynis Weith, but it is an island!)

There are other provinces with the feet of the soldier on the sea, but they are slightly on the sea.

Last edited:
Good job!

I have to say this is the most beautiful map I've seen so far. And the time frame is awesome - at least it will be if the mod will be great too). No shading for country,provinces borders and province names (font)?

Keep up the good work (curious about Greece).

I have to say this is the most beautiful map I've seen so far. And the time frame is awesome - at least it will be if the mod will be great too). No shading for country,provinces borders and province names (font)?

Keep up the good work (curious about Greece).

Thanks so much! :)

However I've not understand what do you mean in the bolded sentence.

The shading for actual countries and for some actual regional borders are highlighted in shading map... to better understand it just try SGLv004. Now I upload a updated image of SGL map. :)

I've redraw some provincial borders in order to make them better. :)
In these days I've found a way to convert image fastest so that I can upload image in internet more often! :)

Summa Gentium Locorumque (34)

(image no longer available)

Last edited:
Thanks so much! :)

However I've not understand what do you mean in the bolded sentence.

The shading for actual countries and for some actual regional borders are highlighted in shading map... to better understand it just try SGLv004. Now I upload a updated image of SGL map. :)

I did download the latest version. What I meant is that the actual province borders and their names on the map look too "gross". Maby because there is no terrain and it looks weird? or maby borders are too thin and i just don't like the font you used for province names? :)

I did download the latest version. What I meant is that the actual province borders and their names on the map look too "gross". Maby because there is no terrain and it looks weird? or maby borders are too thin and i just don't like the font you used for province names? :)

Did you mean actual country borders and regional borders? They don't coincide always with "real" province borders.

Do you think "real" province borders are not enough highlighted? :) In order to see the difference between actual country border and "real" province borders, country borders must be more highlighted than province borders... maybe I can highlight a bit province borders, but not too much... ;)

Which kind of font do you like for province names?

I think you should highlight them a bit more. (also when you zoom out you can't see province names or region names - it would be cool to see region names when zoomeed out). As for the font I don't know, maby post some other "candidates".

Last edited:
I think you should highlight them a bit more. (also when you zoom out you can't see province names or region names - it would be cool to see region names when zoomeed out). As for the font I don't know, maby post some other "candidates".

Thanks for your suggest! :)
Regional names are in fact few highlighted... indeed I will change it!

In the last SGL complete image I've changed provincial names in British Isles. Do you like them?