• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've finished up manufactories position.

This one is a manufactory in SGLv004.

basetta.jpg

This one is the relative area and the black dot is useful for province.txt coordinates.

manufactory.jpg

Quite always clearest pink doesn't cover names or other icons; darkest pink never cover them.

Instead soldiers can cover names or manufactories, but not capitals. (you can see the soldiers position in the next image: I've already do it!)

Capitals don't cover anything.

Last edited:
SGL v 0.05

This is the fifth versione of SGL map. Now the map includes whole Europe.

Who want to play this map must:
  1. Download FTG demo (here for example) if he/she doesn't done it yet
  2. Download SGLv005
  3. Move SGLv005.rar in mods folder of root FTG directory, if it isn't there yet (it might be C:\program files\Paradox Interactive\For the Glory demo\mods , if it isn't changed during installation)
  4. Right click on mouse on SGLv005.rar and select Extract here
  5. Just play with FTG, remembering to select SGLv005.

Whoever writes own impressions about this fifth version of map, will be added chronologically in this post as betatester with the relative link to the post.
More people help me to make data files, earlier map will be finished up.

SGLv005 betatester
(chronologically added)

Drjosef

||

Last edited:
I installed the mod and had a try with Jamie's validator. It seems that there are some errors (duplicate entries) but of course, as the mod is as simple as possible just now, it should be trivial. Anyway, there's no error message when you launch it. Then, I started the game and chose Byzantium. So far, so good, first years were OK, but the game crashes when you try to click on the navy icon. I did it three times at different dates using saved games, so I can tell it's fully reproducible.
As a side note, the name of some province is not appearing on the map, south of Durovernum. Also, religious symbol appears quite far from the province if you look at the map with missionary mod, and the goods appear a little bit far from the province if you look at the map with economy mod. In some places where provinces are narrower, the goods appear over another province.
Otherwise, I confirm it looks beautiful and it should be joyful to play when completed.

I installed the mod and had a try with Jamie's validator. It seems that there are some errors (duplicate entries) but of course, as the mod is as simple as possible just now, it should be trivial. Anyway, there's no error message when you launch it.

Did you install the mod in FTG vanilla or FTG demo? I don't know what is precisely Jamie's validator.

Then, I started the game and chose Byzantium. So far, so good, first years were OK, but the game crashes when you try to click on the navy icon. I did it three times at different dates using saved games, so I can tell it's fully reproducible.

I don't set province.txt very well yet, just the name of a province (which is the same of the city, for each province) and the icons position, excluding the ports.

As a side note, the name of some province is not appearing on the map, south of Durovernum.

I did it expressly, because this province was Hastingas (modern Hastings), but I can't set the icons with Hastings there (I remember that each city is exactly where it is now). So that province don't take a name and the city icon is random.

Also, religious symbol appears quite far from the province if you look at the map with missionary mod, and the goods appear a little bit far from the province if you look at the map with economy mod. In some places where provinces are narrower, the goods appear over another province.

Ok, just change province center in db files. My helpers will do it. :cool:

Otherwise, I confirm it looks beautiful and it should be joyful to play when completed.

Thanks!!!! :) I added you in SGLv005 betatester! :D

I'm going to complete the provinces.txt file for current part of the map, so that it shows at least the goods for each province, with deadline 31st of March. I will complete also inland/coastal status, sea adjacency, terrain, religion, culture, manpower and income, but it should be finished on 30st of April.

I'm going to complete the provinces.txt file for current part of the map, so that it shows at least the goods for each province, with deadline 31st of March. I will complete also inland/coastal status, sea adjacency, terrain, religion, culture, manpower and income, but it should be finished on 30st of April.

Added in SGL official helpers. :)