+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Summa Gentium Locorumque

In this period I'm doing manufactory position... I hope to finish Europe ASAP... then I will go faster!!!!!
    BoPMOD: a Eu2/FTG mod set between 395 and 762 AD in Summa Gentium Locorumque official map. BoPMOD is the first Eu2 mod with all countries in the scenarios: in SGL map 31 provinces are drawn in England, and about 84 in the whole British Isles, at least one for each country. In this way all countries of that age are represented in the map.
    We are looking for people helping us about mod data files (monarchs, events, leaders, scenarios, countries...) and about whole graphics ; for the map I'd like to have someone making provinces lists. By now, our priority about data files is to write values of monarchs, or description of events, or something else in excel files, without sintax code.
    Last mod version (6 - 2 - 2014): SGLv005b
    Last image uploaded (10 - 1 - 2011): SGLv005 shading layer.

I've finished up manufactories position.

This one is a manufactory in SGLv004.

This one is the relative area and the black dot is useful for province.txt coordinates.

Quite always clearest pink doesn't cover names or other icons; darkest pink never cover them.

Instead soldiers can cover names or manufactories, but not capitals. (you can see the soldiers position in the next image: I've already do it!)

Capitals don't cover anything.

Last edited by Eraclio; 24-11-2010 at 19:13.
    BoPMOD: a Eu2/FTG mod set between 395 and 762 AD in Summa Gentium Locorumque official map. BoPMOD is the first Eu2 mod with all countries in the scenarios: in SGL map 31 provinces are drawn in England, and about 84 in the whole British Isles, at least one for each country. In this way all countries of that age are represented in the map.
    We are looking for people helping us about mod data files (monarchs, events, leaders, scenarios, countries...) and about whole graphics ; for the map I'd like to have someone making provinces lists. By now, our priority about data files is to write values of monarchs, or description of events, or something else in excel files, without sintax code.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneRome Gold

Greetings!

That's good news! Keep up the good work.

I'm finishing SGLv005 province.txt... Asap I will post SGLv005 soldiers position image.

Fine!

Now I post SGLv005 soldiers position (I remember green area is the area of the soldier including when he is at war with another one, not the area when he is alone!)

Looking very good. I really admire your perseverance.

The same!

Quote Originally Posted by Strategic Fail View Post
    Looking very good. I really admire your perseverance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drjosef View Post
    The same!
    Thanks!

I hope to finish whole map by the end of 2011.

SGLv005 will be released ASAP. (I must do only shading layer now)

Done SGLv005 shading layer.

SGLv005 is ready, I need only direct link to make it downloadable.

Looks beautiful

SGL v 0.05

This is the fifth versione of SGL map. Now the map includes whole Europe.

Who want to play this map must:
    1. Download FTG demo (here for example) if he/she doesn't done it yet
    2. Download SGLv005
    3. Move SGLv005.rar in mods folder of root FTG directory, if it isn't there yet (it might be C:\program files\Paradox Interactive\For the Glory demo\mods , if it isn't changed during installation)
    4. Right click on mouse on SGLv005.rar and select Extract here
    5. Just play with FTG, remembering to select SGLv005.

Whoever writes own impressions about this fifth version of map, will be added chronologically in this post as betatester with the relative link to the post.
    More people help me to make data files, earlier map will be finished up.

SGLv005 betatester
    (chronologically added)

Drjosef

||
    Last edited by Eraclio; 14-01-2011 at 19:08.

I installed the mod and had a try with Jamie's validator. It seems that there are some errors (duplicate entries) but of course, as the mod is as simple as possible just now, it should be trivial. Anyway, there's no error message when you launch it. Then, I started the game and chose Byzantium. So far, so good, first years were OK, but the game crashes when you try to click on the navy icon. I did it three times at different dates using saved games, so I can tell it's fully reproducible.
    As a side note, the name of some province is not appearing on the map, south of Durovernum. Also, religious symbol appears quite far from the province if you look at the map with missionary mod, and the goods appear a little bit far from the province if you look at the map with economy mod. In some places where provinces are narrower, the goods appear over another province.
    Otherwise, I confirm it looks beautiful and it should be joyful to play when completed.

I installed the mod and had a try with Jamie's validator. It seems that there are some errors (duplicate entries) but of course, as the mod is as simple as possible just now, it should be trivial. Anyway, there's no error message when you launch it.
    Did you install the mod in FTG vanilla or FTG demo? I don't know what is precisely Jamie's validator.

Then, I started the game and chose Byzantium. So far, so good, first years were OK, but the game crashes when you try to click on the navy icon. I did it three times at different dates using saved games, so I can tell it's fully reproducible.
    I don't set province.txt very well yet, just the name of a province (which is the same of the city, for each province) and the icons position, excluding the ports.

As a side note, the name of some province is not appearing on the map, south of Durovernum.
    I did it expressly, because this province was Hastingas (modern Hastings), but I can't set the icons with Hastings there (I remember that each city is exactly where it is now). So that province don't take a name and the city icon is random.

Also, religious symbol appears quite far from the province if you look at the map with missionary mod, and the goods appear a little bit far from the province if you look at the map with economy mod. In some places where provinces are narrower, the goods appear over another province.
    Ok, just change province center in db files. My helpers will do it.

Otherwise, I confirm it looks beautiful and it should be joyful to play when completed.
    Thanks!!!! I added you in SGLv005 betatester!

Thank you

I'm going to complete the provinces.txt file for current part of the map, so that it shows at least the goods for each province, with deadline 31st of March. I will complete also inland/coastal status, sea adjacency, terrain, religion, culture, manpower and income, but it should be finished on 30st of April.

I'm going to complete the provinces.txt file for current part of the map, so that it shows at least the goods for each province, with deadline 31st of March. I will complete also inland/coastal status, sea adjacency, terrain, religion, culture, manpower and income, but it should be finished on 30st of April.
    Added in SGL official helpers.

Just an update: now I'm drawing coastline of SGL map - I want to finish it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraclio View Post
    Just an update: now I'm drawing coastline of SGL map - I want to finish it ASAP.
    I'll certainly give it a whirl!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast