• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 11, 2009
So I just bought eic from a friend for 5 bucks, was looking on the back of the case before I bought it and figured with the quality of graphics I saw on the box, it'd be worth it....Teaches me to never judge a book by its cover :rofl:

Took 3 restarts to just get the game to run after install without going to a blue screen and crashing my computer. Once I finally got the game up I noticed almost immediately that the little dot representing my noob fleet was bouncing back and forth next to an island... It went on to do that for about 10 minutes, causing me to fail one of the quests and making me restart...So I let that one slide, just cuz I wanted to get to the part with the kick ass graphics like on the back of the box...yeah..well needless to say I never got there, 5 minutes into it and the same problem happened.

I know there are patches out that might fix these problems or whatnot, but since I cant seem to register (says key is already in use) I doubt I'll be able to patch. But in all fairness, not trying to be rude or give the devs a hard time; this is on the top of the list for bugfilled releases, not even Total war or X3 was so buggy...

I know there are patches out that might fix these problems or whatnot, but since I cant seem to register (says key is already in use) I doubt I'll be able to patch. But in all fairness, not trying to be rude or give the devs a hard time; this is on the top of the list for bugfilled releases, not even Total war or X3 was so buggy...

There are games that are full of gameplay bugs. Then there are ones that are unstable for certain computer setups and it's very hard for the player base to know what percentage are having these kinds of problems.

EIC works great for the most part here, so don't give up hope.

Have a look at the support forum in case others have already run into the same issues. And if you ask for help, include details about your hardware and Windows version at least. Check with your friend, I doubt he sold you the game thinking you can hardly even get it to run..?

Well, I bought this game brand-spanking new and cannot even get it to work...now I know why it was so cheap. Money down the drain.

Well, I bought this game brand-spanking new and cannot even get it to work...now I know why it was so cheap. Money down the drain.

Hi Keln,
I bought the game brand new too... it works just fine on both my laptop and my high end pc. I wish I was in Germany so I could look at your computer and help you figure it out. But, Texas is a long way away :)

The game should work just fine, I don't think there is any problem we haven't been able to solve. Please give us some more information about the issue: Where did you buy the game and which version? Do you get any error message or how it does not work? What kind of computer hardware you have and which windows version?

buy a new computer