• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poor King. Finally caved to the demands for a DD and brought the wrath of the Paradoxians upon himself :(

You got designer, King? Gratz :)

Co- with Johan or what?

Yeh, it is the same design team that brought you HoI3.

King, how many DD's you expect to release? if you can say

Btw, does this mean that you will definitely not go with the multiple-soldier sprites like in Vic 1?

All in about 25 or so, but we may think of other topics for Dev Diaries as we go along.

Ah! So about half a year till release, no?

King, given how you are designer on this one rather than Johan, can we expect a realistically-powered Sweden and a seccesionist Scotland that razes York, unifies the Celtic states with Glasgow as capital and develops time-travel within the timeframe of the game?

Btw, does this mean that you will definitely not go with the multiple-soldier sprites like in Vic 1?

I would miss them. As I've missed the 3 attacking soldiers in HOI3.
I hope that we'll have at least different sprites for infantry, cavalry and artillery, and evolving sprites (a 1836 soldier was 'a bit' different than a 1936 one) as in EU3. I think three sprites are enough for this in Vicky timeframe.

King, given how you are designer on this one rather than Johan, can we expect a realistically-powered Sweden and a seccesionist Scotland that razes York, unifies the Celtic states with Glasgow as capital and develops time-travel within the timeframe of the game?

No, Glasgow will never be the Capital of Scotland.

I take it from that post the rest is in though. Only fair given Sweden in the other games. Heaven forbid PI ever get a Polish lead designer ;)

pretty sure we still got time left to overpower Sweden with the current schedule.

I take it from that post the rest is in though. Only fair given Sweden in the other games. Heaven forbid PI ever get a Polish lead designer ;)

Sweden will be powered correctly in Victoria.. not as in the EU-series where it was insanely underpowered.

All in about 25 or so, but we may think of other topics for Dev Diaries as we go along.

cool.
an advise if i may. even though it would go against my own interest, economic stuff for the last, otherwise that military stuff might not find the same attention. me thinks. :)

about the text, i always found kind of excitement in your comments and i have the feeling that we'll be hearing very nice ideas.

pretty sure we still got time left to overpower Sweden with the current schedule.

Sweet! :D

Edit: And the sprites look good aswell :D

I came to Paradox with EU III, but I'll definitively buy Victoria 2 from what Victoria players say about it. So, here you have a costumer that will increase Victoria series sells by +1 :D