• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dunno

Anyone notices that the UK is the only monarchy left in the world (besides maybe, Nepal and Bhutan)

Now that you think about it...

At least they are a democratic monarchy!

Magnificent ending of magnificent AAR. Bravo Sir, I salute you for successfully accomplished mission. Epilogue is really well written, it seems that golden era of manking has finally started.

I hope you will start the new AAR soon. Your AARs are excellent, can't wait to see the new one. I fully understand that writting long and massive AARs is really time and energy consuming, so take your time. But when the time comes, I'm sure you'll surprise us with another masterpiece.

"a battle that included the destruction of six major American cities"

And Chicago was not one of them. As I said, nothing ever happens to Chicago. :D

Anyway it has been a blast reading this. I'm glad that at least Germany gets to keep Austria.

Hey, nothing hit NYC. NYC ALWAYS gets destroyed. It's a law of movies with copious destruction - "Always destroy New York". :D

Dunno

Anyone notices that the UK is the only monarchy left in the world (besides maybe, Nepal and Bhutan)

I'm pretty sure the Scandinavian monarchies are still around, the monarchs there were already so weak they can't be blamed for the dtupid decisions of the Scandinavian politicians, and I doubt republicanism would really break through in Sweden, Denmark and Norway if the royal family can't be directly blamed.

some future ideas

Hello everybody! First, I would like to thank all of you for the words of congratulations after finishing this AAR. I am very happy to see that people have liked the AAR's conclusion. :D

Now, as to why I have decided to bump this thing. I notice that in many AAR's that run to completion, the authors get input from their readers as to what they should write about next. I now feel that I should do the same. So, let me share with you the two major ideas I currently have for a future AAR. Both by the way involve using the excellent MDS mod version 1.6.

1. A KR MDS 1.6 hybrid AAR playing as Canada. This could be very fun and challenging to try out. However, it would involve a lot of backstory to build an exciting modern world set in the KR universe. I have some rough ideas, and some competing ones of how such a history would unfold from 1936 to 2003. Perhaps I shall share some of it later. However, having just finished a huge 70+ pages of KR AAR, it might be refreshing to try something that does not have to do with the KR universe.

2. A Japan MDS 1.6 AAR. My main idea for this is a resurgent Japanese empire set in the modern world, facing against all of the planet's major superpowers in the fight to gain control over the pacific and become the world's dominant superpower. In such a struggle, Japan would have to face essentially everybody, from the Russians, to the Chinese, to BOTH korea's, and of course the big blue hegemonic monster of our world, the United States.

So, those are my current frontrunners. I guess if you have any other suggestions, or ideas of how these two ideas could pan out, feel free to give me some suggestions.

Japan sounds cooler than Canada.

Canada, of course! We need more MDS-KR AARs and one with Canada, leader of the Entete, would perfectly suit. And it is always a good thing to remember to the southern neighbor which one is the best North-American country. ;)

More seriously, if you think to develop a world similar to the one in my AAR I can, if you are interested, give you the flags and ministers' pictures I made, or mine 2003 scenario, so you will have less work to do (and less time for us to wait for the AAR to start :p).