• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What a disaster for mankind, this war shoud...no must be the last one !
Brilliant AAR.

I guess that Mitteleuropa would be in better situation if Germany didn't start nuclear war. Nuclear strikes have crippled German and Russian IC, and also strongly damaged their units and morale. Without nuclear fallout, Germans and Russians could hold the lines. Just look at size of their airforces, they still dominated the skies over France. Really stupid decision from Germans.

I think I might need to help repopulate the Earth.

Anyway, I thank God that America has been left mostly untouched.

Einstein warned us about this...

world war IV will be fought with sticks & stones of mass destruction! :D

this war is pretty much over, the Allies won Pyrrhicly, and whatever remnants of the German people remain, it'll be hard to survive in the harsh conflict. The peace would probably be harsh as well, what with a German nation potentially being set back at this point to the Middle Ages.

Germany's been utterly crippled, how are you and Russia holding up IC-wise?

Even after Mitteleuropa is defeated you're going to have to spend decades just rebuiliding the world, and that task isn't going to be made easier by the fact that most of the world is going to hate Germans and Russians now and Germans in particular are going to be very resentful of their occupiers. The one upside is that everyone's going to be too exhausted to launch a large scale war any time soon.

I think that Fallout picture of Washington D.C. has been used in every single AAR where nukes have been used :D

Not true - I didn't use it when I banged DC in LMCP:D

Wonderful AAR! Twice as epic as any of my games:D

- Lighthearter

Was the massive human tole worth defending freedome, I say YES! The world will re-build in 2-3 generations, who will enjoy a golden age of peace. Nuclear falout can be cleaned up but with a lot of effort

Was the massive human tole worth defending freedome, I say YES! The world will re-build in 2-3 generations, who will enjoy a golden age of peace. Nuclear falout can be cleaned up but with a lot of effort

That's what they always promise... but somehow people always manage to come up with new reasons for war. :eek:o

Also the age of peace can't be that golden if people have to run around in breath masks and plastic overalls :shudder:

That's what they always promise... but somehow people always manage to come up with new reasons for war. :eek:o

Also the age of peace can't be that golden if people have to run around in breath masks and plastic overalls :shudder:

sorry, im quite hung over right now and cant think clearly. my head fricking hurts...ugh...yeah, too much went down for any hope of good times to come back

I wonder what it must be like for the soldiers on the front who's family's lived in the cities that were hit...

Its got to be a gut-wrenching feeling, for both sides.

Great AAR, though!

@Asalto: Maybe it was foolish for them to release their nuclear weapons stockpile, but they really had no other choice. The Allied Forces had bested nearly everything else the Germans and Russians could throw at them. Germany and especially Russia were outfought on all fronts, and allied victory was only a matter of time. Knowing that they have a weapon that could wipe out their enemies in one fell swoop, Germany decided to use it. Unfortunately, that has brought immense consequences to the German and Russia people.

@SovietAmerika: I am not sure if you can call America relatively untouched. The major cities of Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and the capital of Washington DC have been completely destroyed. Here is another perspective. Out of curiosity, i added up the combined total of the number of people that would have been living in those cities by 1960. Altogether, approx. 6,750,000 people were living in those six cities. I highly doubt that many of those people would have survived. That is a huge casualty figure. I shudder to think how many people would have been living in the German and Russian cities that got annihilated, not to mention how many more would have been killed in China, France, Italy, etc.

@Zhuge Liang: Regarding IC, Russia is sitting in around 150-180. As for me, the US still has about 300 base IC, but that is mostly thanks to controlling IC in places like Japan, Central Asia, Southeastern Europe, etc. Those nuclear attacks on my cities did not cause too much industrial damage, since American IC is largely spread out all over the country. And as for postwar reconstruction: I can't even imagine what will be required to stabilize things. It will require the Marshall Plan on steroids, but most likely with more involvement from countries that got through the chaos much better, like Canada, Brazil, South Africa, India, Australia, etc. America will play a big role in postwar reconstruction and cleanup, but that will be hampered by the need to get places like Washington and Los Angeles put back together again.

@Leviathan07: I actually don't see the peace as being too bad. Its not like this is fallout or something with thousands of nukes going off all over the planet. There will be terrible aftereffects, like crop failures and food shortages caused by a slight drop in global temperatures, but with enough hard work and international cooperation, these effects can be diminished and things will get better. The world will have been collectively taught a brutal lesson on the horrors of nuclear weapons and global war, and this will change attitudes all over the planet far more than RL peace and disarmament movements ever did. When you add in the effect of the Democratic Peace Theory, large scale conflict will become far more remote.

@Sectorknight21: Thats a very good point. Either they will be completely unwilling to go on fighting any longer and desert/surrender, or they will be so enraged and vengeful that they will become fanatics, with no limits to how far they will go to achieve final victory.

@everyone else: thanks for the comments!

With Russian forces weakened, allied forces breakout of central Asia and spread out into the vast Russian countryside, as well as north into the Ural Mountains. All enemy resistance is collapsing, as Russian units are experiencing immense supply and morale problems.
hugesiberiaattack.png

Back in Germany, allied forces assault the devastated city of Dresden, part of an attempt to finally link up the Southeastern and Western Fronts through central Germany and Bohemia. German remnant forces, many of which have arrived to the area from unaffected regions of Brandenburg and Prussia, put up stiff resistance, causing heavy allied casualties before they finally give up their defense and retreat.
battleofdresden.png

To the North, Allied forces clear Potsdam of enemy armoured and mechanized forces. There is now nothing standing in the way between allied troops and the ruined city of Berlin itself.
berlinoutskirts.png

Meanwhile, one of the biggest members of the Allied Powers is in chaos. China, after having been bombarded by multiple German nuclear bombs, is now falling apart. What was once civil disruptions has now turned into complete anarchy. Bandits and extremists have taken control of large swaths of territory, even seizing control of major cities like Beijing. With the failure of local police to calm the situation, the Chinese Army is being dispatched to get things under control. To this end, Joint Allied Command relinquishes all control over the Chinese Armed Forces, so they can be sent home to restore the chaotic situation. Allied peacekeeping units from Siam, Korea, India, and Vietnam are also being mobilized, to enter China and assist the government in restoring order.
chinainchaos.png

Back in Europe, the allied frontlines finally link up along the Bavarian/Bohemian border. Southern Germany has now been cut off completely from what is left of Germany's command authorities in bunkers underneath Berlin. Allied units are now turning south, with the goal of mopping up all German remnant forces in Bavaria.
frontsmeet.png

Germany now makes its final act of defiance to the allied powers. From a secluded missile base, a German ICBM, one of the last ones in their arsenal, is fired at the British capital of London. The missile does not take long to reach its target, decimating the massive British capital. This tragedy is even worse considering that London had only recently finished its post WW2 reconstruction during the mid 1950's, only to be struck down once more by Germany. Thankfully, the British government, as well as the Royal Family, are safe in a Bunker outside the city, having fled there after Germany began launching nuclear attacks after allied forces began entering the country. Civilian casualties are also kept to a minimum, due to the city's evacuation around the same time earlier. The destruction of London marks the end of Germany's nuclear bombardments, bringing the nuclear phase of the war to its final, bloody end.
londondestroyed.png

operationivy.jpg

The battle of Germany continues to rage. In the south, allied units clear out all German remnant forces hiding in the Austrian Alps.
southernpocketbattles.png

Allied troops end all remaining enemy resistance in Bavaria when they converge on the surrounded city of Regensburg, a city that had escaped destruction at the hands of the United States. nuclear arsenal. Enemy forces, many of which are demoralized and no longer willing to continue fighting for a lost cause, very quickly surrender, minimizing casualties on all sides here.
regensburgpocket.png

Finally, the time has come. Allied units, after having encircled the German capital, converge on the ruins of the once proud city. In an apocalyptic landscape, allied and German forces battle it out, with both sides equipped with NBC protection and fighting through the devastated remnants of the city.
siegeofberlin.png

m40gasmask.jpg

After two long days of fighting in brutal conditions, the last German remnants in the capital surrender. Allied forces secure the remnants of the devastated Reichstag and German imperial palace. Allied units also clear out and secure the city's massive underground system of hardened and radiation shielded bunkers, in the process capturing many high ranking Generals and governmental officials. However, the Kaiser himself is nowhere to be found, with the captured German generals confirming that he refused to hide in the bunkers and was almost certainly dead.
berlinfalls.png

and so that nightmare is over...

Weird, I still was expecting the Germans to go the way of Belka from ACZ, with what nuking their own lands to stave off the allies and all.

Do you think the Republic of China will fragment back into into it's 1936 KR Phase again?

Bye Bye Germany; You will not be missed. Now we just have to rid of the Tzar and the nightmare will be over!

What a Tragic end for the German Empire...and now to Moscow or what's left of it.

Yeah a sad moment for the world.

I'm sure the world will eventually recover, but the losses are terrible... Paris, Berlin, Munich, London, destroyed. Terrible. I hope they all managed to hide their art treasures in underground bunkers :eek:o