• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to see von Falkenhausen in republican Chinese army. He probably knows what is better choice for future of China. :cool:

Sounds likes he's the counterpart to the US General Stillwell here. Except when he demanded control of the armies 'Fuck off' wasn't quite as viable to the germans as it was to the US.

Good to see von Falkenhausen in republican Chinese army. He probably knows what is better choice for future of China. :cool:

He figured out that he would receive a better fate if he served the Americans rather than the Germans.

Whoa!! New forum design is funky! Its going to take some time to get used to, at least for me.

@salidas16: The thing is, I don't really want to waste by ballistic missiles on one time bombing attacks. SAC's primary mission is still to be the USA's nuclear deterrent force, so those missiles will be kept in reserve so they can be used for complete nuclear saturation of my enemies.

@Zhuge Liang: To be fair, the Germans have done more than that. They seized control of northern Italy, their navy has done rather well despite its problems, and the Luftwaffe is a nightmare. But you do have a good point about their performance. I wanted to see them drive deep into france WW3 Soviet army style, but instead the western front is almost like the great war. Russia has instead been taking the brunt of the ground warfare, and has performed decently enough to make the fighting very hard against them.

@Asalto: By this point, Falkenhausen is probably a Chinese citizen. I have read that he was very interested in Asian cultures, and in this games scenario has probably never been back to Germany for decades. I wouldn't want to be part of his family back in Germany though.....

@SovietAmerika: Maybe I should make Falkenhausen the interim HoS or HoG of a postwar German Republic or something. He would probably be a good choice.

@everyone else: thanks for the comments!

In Scandinavia, the British army moves to deal the final deathblow to the authoritarian Swedish government. 340,000 British troops lay siege to approximately 220,000 Swedish defenders, entrenched throughout the streets and buildings of Stockholm, the Swedish capital. Casualties are heavy, especially for the Swedish, whose units are being battered by British tank fire.
battleofstockholm.png

Stockholm falls, and the top members of the Swedish government, including the King and Prime Minister Martin Ekstrom, are captured by British troops before they can escape to Finland. With no other choice, the Swedish government surrenders to the Allied Forces, with the Swedish army throwing down its weapons and surrendering en masse to the first allied units they see. Now, British and US troops in Sweden begin to shift their positions, heading either south, across from Denmark, or north, to the border with Finland.
swedishsurrender.png

Back in North America, the Canadian armed forces are put under joint allied military command, led by the United States. Many hundreds of thousands of Canadian troops begin transit to the port city of Halifax, where they will be reorganized before being sent to France.
milcontrolcanada.png

Meanwhile, in Asia, Allied troops that have finished clearing out Persia of enemy forces shift to the north. With the arrival of reinforcements, these units now cross the Persian border into Russian central Asia, with the goal of marching deep into the region, all the way into Kazakhstan. (would Kazakhstan be the right word for what used to be Alash Orda? Sometimes the reverberations of this game's alternate history confuse me.)
centralasianattack.png

The Russian army however, is not willing to give up Central Asia without a fight. Where they can, Russian armoured and mechanized units launch incessant counterattacks, such as here, in Chardzhou, where American mechanized and armoured forces are repulsed before the arrival of larger American follow up forces.
minorsetbackcentasia.png

The war at sea continues to rage, even with Mitteleuropa being pressured from multiple fronts on the ground. Here, a large wolfpack of German Nuclear Submarines is encountered in the central pacific, very far from any mitteleuropan naval bases.
nukeuboatspacific.png

On this particular occasion, the German navy is given a painful bashing, with many of their submarines being hunted down and sunk by American CVL's.
hugeuboatlosses.png

Massive American and South African forces continue to push into Central Asia, sweeping aside a 300,000 strong force of Russian infantry led by General Rokossovsky at Samarkand.
battleofsamarkand.png

Once again, the Russians continue to launch large scale counterattacks, on this occasion with the aid of Eastern European expeditionary forces. After a bloody battle, Samarkand is held, but casualties are heavy.
samarkandbattles.png

In retaliation for the invasion of Central Asia, the Russians launch a very large offensive in the Caucuses mountains, succeeding in punching a massive hole in the US frontlines there. Although at first successful, American counterattacks are able to halt this attack, and maintain the frontlines here. However, this attack does force the US military's joint chiefs to redeploy substantial reinforcements to the region to prevent another Russian breakthrough attempt.
caucusesactive.png

Them Russians better be scared. When the enemy gets too much of your territory; you can call it quits.

Great update! "Prime minister Martin Ekström", now there's a phrase to make you giggle. Have you got any good HoS, republican or monarchic, for a liberated Swedish state? IIRC, Kaiserreich got rid of pretty much all of them, for some silly reason.

A good job, are you gonna push through Finland into Russia? Or is Finland neutral I forget? I would support a single mass bombardment of German has a counter. Send a message that attacking US cities carries to high a price to consider.

@Zeldar155: I have not decided what should happen to Scandinavia yet. Its funny you mention a unified Scandinavia, since that is something I probably should have done to make things more interesting. (Sweden invading Denmark and Norway would have resulted in Germany getting a powerful ally) I will think about it, but don't be surprised if the region is split into its original states after the war ends.

@Eams: Not really sure who will rule a postwar democratic Sweden. Maybe I will look for who did so historically. I bet some of those liberal democratic leaders have to be left somewhere.

@frigidmagi: Finland is a full member of Mitteleuropa and is at war with the allies. I might march the British army east towards Murmansk, but I might wait until later to do that.

@CylonAndrew: that is what I intend to do, except not just with Canadians. American forces will lead the European general offensive when I feel the time is right.

@everyone: thanks for the comments!

With redeployment from northeastern Asia complete, multinational allied forces launch a massive offensive against the Qing and Russian forces that had been marching eastwards out of Xinjiang. Enemy forces are overrun by huge allied units, marching west towards the major cities of Lhasa and Urumqi.
westchinamarch.png

Battles in Central Asia continue to rage, with American and British units trashing Russian forces in Tashkent.
battleoftashkent.png

Far to the northeast, US forces attack the major Siberian city of Irkutsk, a major industrial and logistical hub in the region. The outnumbered enemy forces fight hard to keep control of the city, but are eventually pushed out.
battleofirkutsk.png

In China, 1.77 million allied troops decimate Qing and Russian units trying to hold the town of Golmud. With no answer to this overwhelming allied force, the enemy units either scatter or surrender unconditionally.
battleofgolmud.png

In Central Asia, allied units, spreading throughout the countryside, are able to surround and destroy a large Russian army group in south-central Kazakhstan. 320,000 enemy troops are taken prisoner in this operation.
320000russianpows.png

Back in Europe, German bombers are intercepted over the British capital of London by huge formations of American F-100 fighters. The enemy bombers are shredded by cannon and missile fire, with many being shot down before these units retreat.
londonbombers.png

To the south, on the Italian front, the Germans launch a large scale attack against allied forces defending Genoa. The German mechanized and armoured units, led by General Erwin Rommel, face intense resistance by the Spanish led allied units in the area, which know that if the city falls, Italy will be cut off from the rest of Western Europe. With allied lines holding firm in the face of this attack, the German army is forced to withdraw back into Turin and abandon this offensive.
battleofgenoadecember58.png

Back in Central Asia, the Russo-Indian border is cleared of enemy presence, with these Russian units under the command of General Zhukov being forced to flee to the east, unable to stop the allied advance.
battleofosh.png

Enemy air forces, still attempting to maintain control of the skies over Southern Britain, now send some of the best fighters of the Russian Air Force into battle against the USAF. With the aid of British radar installations, huge numbers of American fighters are able to find and attack this Russian air unit, shooting down many enemy fighters with little to no losses of their own.
russiaafvsusaf.png

The Russians are beginning to get desperate, sending obsolete fighter units into the fray, only to be slaughtered by American fighters. The skies over southern England are more and more becoming safe for allied air operations, thanks to the efforts of the USAF.
russiaafvsusaf2.png

hillf10524shipformation.png

In the English Channel, a German aircraft carrier battlegroup attempt to run the American blockade into the open Atlantic. However, due to a massive US navy response, which involves huge numbers of aircraft carriers descending upon the area, the Germans retreat, opting instead to let their ships sit in port, as a sort of "fleet-in-being" strategy.
2ndepiccarrierbattle.png

The Germans instead try to send their convoy-raiding nuclear submarines into the atlantic. Once again though, these ships are detected by the US navy and quickly sent to the bottom.
nukeuboatschannel.png

The year 1958 comes to a close and 1959 begins. By now, allied forces are making great progress in Asia. occupied portions of India have been liberated, the Qing Empire is on its knees, and eastern Siberia is under US control. Over 6.5 million Allied troops, from all across the world, are fighting throughout the continent to help bring freedom and liberty to the people of Asia.
asianfrontjan1959.png

Great strides have also been made in Europe and the middle east, with the Ottoman empire reduced to the city of Constantinople, and most of Scandinavia under now under allied control. Germany meanwhile, is still holding its front lines but has not undertaken any major offensives other than the abortive attack on Genoa by Rommel's army. Allied Generals believe that Germany may be suffering from massive shortages of oil for its powerful air and armoured forces, but this is only a theory.
europemideastfrontjan19.png

Things are looking very good for the allied forces. For Germany, Russia, and their allies however, the situation is becoming more and more desperate. Many German and Russian generals are reportedly advocating the release of nuclear weapons to turn the tide, but both the Tsar and the Kaiser have shown restraint. If they will still show restraint with allied units moving into their heartlands however, is still uncertain.....

Everything seems to be going well- Russia is slowly but surely crumbling and even though you're still on the defensive in Europe you're gaining control of the air and seas. I can see Mitteleuropa trying to use nukes against advancing armies or against certain cities in an attempt to deter the Allies if they got really desperate, but they don't strike me as being fanatical enough to launch all-out nuclear war.

The large front are now dwindling which is a good sign. I'm assuming that you plan to remain on the defensive in Noway and Sweden until you feel you can launch a northern invasion of Russia along with the Eastern invasion begins to link up.
Trap the German army in Turin! Go for Milan and pinch them off before the opportunity is lost!

The situation of the Mittleuropean alliance seems quite complicated indeed, but the war could last many more long months of bloodshed.

Ottoman Empire is going down, Russia is getting her soft belly invaded, fate of the Qing Empire is sealed, Scandinavia became important foothold for your troops...however, Germans are still doing quite well in Italy and France. At least they learned a lesson not to fly over Britain any more.

Greece is not a member of mitteleuropa, and is a neutral state. I cannot see any reason to bring them into the allies.