• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Victory is ours!! We must not think is over though. The Mexicans think they're some kind of Syndies, the Canucks play the Imperialism game, the Euro Syndies need to learn a lesson, and the Kaiser is too fond of his moustaches! It's time for American Domination!!!

@serutan:the PSA gets a lot more active by the end of this update.

@stnylan:definitely.

@Karaiskandar: True, he is the AUS's best ground commander, and I think he is even the head of all AUS ground forces.

@Stormbringer: its not over yet, but i am definitely past the halfway point now.

@Zhuge Liang:at the moment no. America has no allies anymore, so I am going to have to get some.....

@salidas16: I will deal with the Canadians once the time comes. Out of all the different global factions, they are the lesser of all evils, despite their imperialistic goals. Thats mostly due to the British exiles though, and Mackenzie is not a tyrant, so there is room for dialogue with them....

@MarshalThorpe: Of course not. The Hawaiians will soon get the just punishment they deserve for their rebelliousness.

@yourworstnightm:Thats the beauty of Kaiserreich, there are so many different enemies to face. Its not just the Syndies or the Germans, but there is also the Japanese, and even the Russians.

In Louisiana, fighting moves into the city of Baton Rouge, defended by 2 divisions of heavily entrenched AUS paramilitaries. Through superior tactics and numbers, federal troops are able to clear out the enemy militias and secure the Louisiana state capital.
battleofbatonrouge.png

AUS troops march out of Arkansas, heading west and occupying Oklahoma city.
okcfalls.png

This offensive by the AUS into Oklahoma turns into a complete disaster for Huey Long, as US infantry move around the AUS flank and cut off all supply lines to Oklahoma city. Completely isolated, the AUS infantry are soon crushed by a massive US assault, resulting in the capture of around 10,000 AUS infantry and an entire brigades worth of armoured cars.
okccutoff.png

The rest of Louisiana is cleared of AUS presence, bringing the entire state back under federal government control.
clearinglouisiana.png

With defeats everywhere, Long is getting desperate. He orders a large scale counteroffensive against US lines, succeeding in retaking the city of Memphis, Tennessee. This success is short lived however, as 80,000 US soldiers and national guardsmen launch a massive offensive, retaking Memphis and driving AUS troops back into Alabama and Mississippi.
battleofmemphis2.png

The ultimate prize. Atlanta, capital of the American Union State, is abandoned by Long's government and declared an open city by the AUS army. US troops soon march into Atlanta and raise the US flag over the Atlanta city hall. Some US units, frustrated at having to fight and die because of Huey Long's megalomania, go on a rampage, burning and pillaging the city in retaliation for supporting a traitor to the United States.
burningatlanta.png

The fighting now moves further into the deep south, with US troops marching on Birmingham. The small AUS garrison quickly retreats, and Birmingham falls....
battleofbirmingham.png

Only to fall again to AUS control, due to a massive counterattack by 120,000 AUS troops, spearheaded by dozens of armoured cars and crack infantry units. It seems that even with the writing on the wall, the AUS will still fight ferociously.
birminghamcounterattack.png

Frontlines of the 2nd American Civil War, on January 5th, 1938. The American Union State, which had marched all the way into Texas, Illinois, and even the gates of Washington DC, has now been reduced to only a shadow of its former territory. Their troops in Arkansas are cut off and in the process of being cleared out, as US forces continue to tighten the vice over remaining AUS territory. Meanwhile, the PSA continues to sit in its trenches all along the rocky mountains, trading more insults rather than bullets with US forces along the front.
acw1938.png

In the German/Japanese pacific war, things are going extremely bad for Germany and the Mitteleuropa alliance. Japan and her allies have swept throughout the region, smashing all German forces in their path. Hainan, Singapore, German Malaysia, and most of Germany's pacific military bases have all fallen, mostly to Japan, but also to the ANZAC forces of Australasia, who are battling German troops in New Guinea and the south pacific. Meanwhile, Pu Yi's Qing Empire is on the verge of total defeat, with most of the Qing's cities falling under Japanese control and the Qing army making its last stand in the western countryside near the Mongol and Shangdong borders. Tsingtao, the heart of German colonialism in East Asia, is also under huge threat, with 80,000 German and Mitteleuropa troops surrounded in the city by land and by the Imperial Japanese Navy off the coast.
japangermanwar1938.png

In Spain, civil war has ravaged the country. CNT-FAI has gained lots of momentum in recent weeks, with the Carlists in the north failing to hold their earlier gains and the legitimate Spanish government being reduced to controlling only Madrid and the interior countryside up to the Portuguese border. With their manpower and supplies being boosted immensely by the French and the British, it is hard to see how the civil war could end without a CNT-FAI victory.
scw1938.png

Back at home, the Pacific States Army has finally begun to launch its own offensives against US forces. In Arizona, at least 30-40,000 PSA troops attack the Canadian volunteer division guarding Tucson, overrunning their positions and forcing them to withdraw to New Mexico.
pacificoffensive.png

Last edited:
Poor Alanta...burned once more.
Nice progress against the AUS, keep up the good work!

Atlanta gets fried a second time, and the PSA decides too late to act.

From sea to shining sea! Next step to follow: US domination from Pole to shining pole. :D Conquer Canada and re-invoke the Monroe doctrine!

But is conquering Canada more along the lines of dropping "democracy" from a B-17, rather then defending freedom?

Canada would prove an interesting ally or mutual ally as they do have the potential to become quite powerful in Kaiserreich, should they be given time.

Take the all of their good industry (as long as the map still looks pretty), retake Alaska, and ensure that Canada is left with nothing but maple syrup, snow, fur and fish. We'll take hockey too; Canada can have the "sport" of curling. As well as ice cricket, maple football, and kick the beaver.

There is an old american foundation whose objective is to destroy every difference between USA and Canada to allow a peaceful annexation

there are 3)

1) Universal health care
2) opposition to guns
and the biggest
3) Québec.

Québec is a nation. Canada is just a multiethnic construction that will sooner or later fall.

This is not the place to discuss real-world Canada or the niggly relationship with its big neighbour to the south

@Leviathan07: I have been calling them CNT-FAI since that is the name of the political party that rules that Spanish faction. I think the real name would be something more like Iberian Anarchist Federation.

@stnylan. Stormbringer, Zhuge Liang:The PSA's early inaction will cost them their independence. Their best chance at victory would have been to march all the way to Colorado and eastern Montana while my hands were tied down with Long and Reed's rebellions. Their failure to capitalize on the situation will cost them dearly...

@Leviathan07, serutan, Austria Hungary: My plans for Canada and the rest of the western hemisphere are simple: court the Canadians (mackenzie king is someone who the US can deal with, plus, after looking through event files, the US can gain those Canadian seized lands back peacefully), and start laying the smackdown on those syndicalist, authoritarian, totalitarian states south of the Rio Grande. Mexico, Cuba, Centro-America, etc, will need to be dealt with....

@yourworstnightm: (points at flag and location in my avatar) :D

@General_Hoth: I have to strongly disagree. Canada is still made up in bulk of white english and french Canadians, and I can't see this country coming apart anytime soon. Personally, I think that French and English Canadians need each other for survival. But anyway, as the moderator has said, this is not the place to further discuss modern Canadian issues.

@everyone else: thank you for your comments!

Authors note: Bit of a big update for you guys today. Also, I am going to start working on some new postwar events for the US, such as elections, and possibly even gearing up events based on German, Syndicalist, Japanese, or Russian belligerence. Plus, I am going to see if I can make the combat AI a bit less timid. (lots of games I have played in KR I see lots of times where huge stacks of enemy infantry just face off against each other and not do anything. Hopefully, I can get the AI a bit more dynamic.)

In a startling international development, the independent don and kuban kossack state, that had been independent since the end of the Russian civil war, is annexed without a single shot fired back into Dmitri Romanov's Russia. This peaceful expansion of Russian influence would not have been possible without the public support of the German Kaiser, who seems to be trying to court Russia more and more these days.....
donkubansurrender.png

Back in the United States, heavy fighting continues in the deep south, as US and AUS soldiers fight ferociously for control of the region. The AUS, now backed into a corner, is launching more and more desperate counterattacks, in a vain attempt to hold back the growing tide of US soldiers.
battleofjackson.png

At this point, President Garner orders the US army to deal the final deathblow to the American Union State, with US and New England troops surging south into Georgia and Alabama, heading towards the Florida state line.
marchtoflorida.png

In the west, the Pacific States Army is continuing its offensive. Here, 30,000 pacific states volunteers and regulars, supported by the PSAAF and led by the PSA's best military commander, General Patch, attack the Canadian volunteer division at Los Alamos, all the way in northern New Mexico. It would seem that the ambitions of the rebel government in Sacramento lay far beyond the pacific coast.
battleoflosalamos.png

US military production at this time. With the army consisting of more than enough regular infantry needed to crush the AUS and PSA, production has now shifted to other types of combat units. These include volunteer divisions needed urgently to cover the state of New Mexico, infantry equipped with special engineering and mountain fighting equipment, as well as multi-role P-40B warhawk fighters for the USAAF.
newconstruction.png

The AUS frontlines completely collapse in the latest US offensive, resulting in the isolation of 100,000 AUS infantry and paramilitaries in the city of Biloxi, Mississippi. Tasked with clearing out this pocket of AUS resistance are 180,000 US federal troops, who converge on the city from all sides and battle the desperate AUS soldiers among the blasted out ruins of Biloxi. Soon, US pressure forces the city's military commanders to capitulate, with thousands of AUS troops marching out under white flags with their hands high in the air to US prisoner of war camps to the north east.
siegeofbiloxi.png

The final march to secure the final AUS stronghold, the city of Miami, begins. Thousands of US and New England troops under the command of Generals Mac Arthur and Sommerville surge south, smashing the demoralized and undersupplied AUS troops in their path.
pushtomiami.png

US troops under Mac Arthur now lay siege to Miami itself. Huey Long, in his madness, throws everything he has left, including his precious Minute Men infantry division, at the US attackers. Their tenacity however is soon overcome by sheer brute US military power, with US troops breaking the AUS defenses and reaching the center of the city.
ausfinalstand.png

US machine gun position amongst the burning streets in Miami.
sc349313.jpg

Finally, it is done. Huey Long's body is found with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head in the Miami port authority building. With the supreme leader of the AUS dead, the remaining leadership come out of hiding with white flags, offering total, unconditional surrender to the US government. General Patton signs the American Union State's instrument of surrender on March 8th, 1938, ending the existence of Huey Long's right wing extremist America. In Washington, the capitulation of the AUS is celebrated throughout the city as a great victory. Now, there is no doubt as to who is winning the 2nd American civil war. Now, the US can focus everything on smashing the rebellious Pacific States of America, and finally ending the civil war once and for all.
aussurrender.png

Meanwhile, in international developments, war erupts in the former India as the right wing Princely federation declares war on Syndicalist Bengal.
warinindia.png

The rebel ships of the AUS navy, which had illegally defected over to Huey Longs side at the beginning of the civil war, are ordered back into Miami by US authorities. The sailors of these ships, having grown heavily disillusioned with the AUS cause of creating a right wing, authoritarian government in the entire country, fully accept their new orders, dumping their ammunition into the ocean and heading into port peacefully.
rebelfleet.png

The war in India spreads, as Bengal succeeds in instigating a syndicalist revolution in Burma, giving them a new ally in the region.
burma.png

With the CSA dead and the AUS crushed, thousands of US and New England troops board trains and head west, for eastern Utah and western Wyoming. The time has come to take the initiative away from the PSA, and flatten the Californian rebels towards the ocean!
westwardsdeployment.png