• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope the US is able to make its allies contribute more to the war effort in the future, particularly in the face of recent defeats. Somehow I don't think a 32 divison strong garrison for London is a strategic necessity.

Welp after years of AAR reading I could not imagine a better place to post my first comment. Excellent work on this AAR. Its truly one of the most epics stories I have ever read. Good luck in Italy I agree with the other posts that immediate action must be taken since its collapse will greatly threaten the miraculous defense the French have managed. Also that Italian landing in Albania looks like a wonderful place to heckle the mitteleuropean alliance. I know it might be a waste of resources but I find the greatest joy in HOI is catching an enemy completely off guard on an undefended front. :D

It's true that all those UK divisions would be quite useful in Italy and in France. The situation in Italy is really worrying.

It's time to create joint command of Allied forces! Put MacArthur for leader of united command. Brits really don't need to garrison London with 40 divisions.

I strongly suggest you to transfer those Britons in Italy or in Albania, I don't know how long these fronts will resist...

who is in charge of the Brits? General Melchett?
get them at the front. now!
:D

@Razgriz 2K9: Bombing the enemy ground forces is out of the question. Germany and Russia have total air superiority over pretty much all of France and Italy. My fighter wings are in no shape to provide cover for my B-66's, B-52's, and A-4 skyhawks. If I try to send my bombers into the sky, they will be slaughtered.

@Zeldar155: The Italians must have a thing against Albania, no matter how history unfolds. :D

@everyone: There seem to be lots of demands to get the British army into the fight. However, that is not needed at the moment. The French, Spanish, and Latin Americans have enough troops to hold back the Mitteleuropan armies, at least for now. As far as the British are concerned: I am saving their forces for something special, a large operation that will take place some time in spring or summer of 1957. However, should the situation deteriorate enough, I will bring the British military into play in continental Europe, and use them in conjunction with other allied forces to push the enemy back.

Thanks for the comments!

On the Indian front, the Russian army launches another large scale offensive on Peshawar, throwing 580,000 of their troops, with huge armoured support into battle. This time, allied defenses are overwhelmed by the Russian assault, forcing their withdrawal into Lahore, across the Indus river.
battleofpeshawar2.png

In China, 170,000 Qing soldiers attempt to take Nanchong, in the path of the major city of Chongqing. Defending the region are 70,000 US and Chinese republican troops, led by Chinese general Chiang Kai Shek. Chiang's forces, with the support of the Americans, are able to form an effective defensive line against the Qing army, driving the enemy back with intense fire from machine guns and American light tank brigades.
battleofnanchong.png

Meanwhile, another massive US military operation begins. Under the cover of the US and South African navies, 390,000 US troops invade Mittelafrika, landing in the region of the Congo River Delta near Matadi. Having sent every available division to face the French and South Africans along the borders, Goring has left a fatal hole in his defenses. Now, US forces have exploited this hole.
invasionofthecongo.png

US forces now fan out in all directions, with Air Cavalry divisions moving deep into the heart of the Congo as Marines and other air cavalry units move north, towards Cameroon and the Franco-Mittelafrikan frontlines, as well as south, into former Portuguese controlled Angola.
marchintothecongo.png

Back in the middle east, US forces from east and west begin to converge on Ottoman troops held up in the cities of Doha and Damman, along the Persian gulf coast.
dohaanddamman.png

US troops are successful in Damman, but in Doha, Ottoman forces are able to put up significant in-depth defenses, stopping the American assault.
dohafailure.png

In India, the situation continues to deteriorate. With the Indian military command continuing to order fruitless counterattacks against the Russian army, the US government decides to intervene. After a long telephone conversation with the Indian leadership, President Eisenhower convinces them to relinquish control over their armed forces to the US joint chiefs. Now in command of the Indian army, US Generals order a massive tactical withdrawal towards the eastern banks of the massive Indus river, in the hope of stopping the Russian army's massive armoured forces.
withdrawaltotheindus.png

The Russian army quickly learns of this move, and decides to attack the allied forces. At Karachi, 430,000 Russian troops press their attack, hoping to completely crush the allied forces here and drive them into disarray. However, Allied units put up an effective rearguard action, destroying large numbers of Russian tanks, helicopters, and armoured vehicles, forcing the Russians to fall back while they withdraw across the Indus river.
fallofkarachi.png

A similar situation takes place at Multan, in the center of the frontline. Here, 500,000 Russian troops launch a similar attack against the Indian and allied forces. Just like in Karachi though, the allied troops are able to effectively defend their withdrawal eastward, causing heavy casualties against the Russians before forming up new defenses on the eastern banks of the river.
fallofmultan.png

Back in the middle east, the Ottoman forces in the region are cornered in Doha, in the Qatar Peninsula. Surrounded by huge American forces, the remnants of the Ottoman armies that once dominated the Arabian peninsula are forced to surrender after a short engagement. 170,000 Ottoman troops now become POW's, as the US army begins to redeploy to the north.
siegeofdoha.png

Nice landing in Africa, it should relieve the pressure on other fronts.

Are you having any problems with leaders for all of those armies in such a late year? I only say because seeing a CXXXIII named corps made me wonder.

Just out of curiosity, how is the game running on your computer. I mean is there a large amount of lag. For me most games begin to slow in the mid 1940's and considering this game has more units then Ive ever seen in a HOI game I was wondering what kind of strain that must be putting on the game engine.

Just out of curiosity, how is the game running on your computer. I mean is there a large amount of lag. For me most games begin to slow in the mid 1940's and considering this game has more units then Ive ever seen in a HOI game I was wondering what kind of strain that must be putting on the game engine.

He must be using liquid nitrogen to cool his system and buy new components every month:rofl:

Africa although important will be a time consuming operation due the vastness of the continent. Although having South African and French troops will be useful in clearing the Middle East once Africa is secure.

Situation in Italy is looking iffy, need to hold the line and prevent a breakout into Southern France.

Shocking in the air theater in Europe, need more fighters!

Situation seems good in China, need to be cautious about the weaker Western side of China.

US and Korean troops to should apply pressure on Vladivostok and threaten Qing Manchuria.

Perhaps mount a phony war in Scandinavia?

Wow, one of Russian unit in India is commanded by Peter Wrangel! Be aware of Black Baron. ;)

Btw, good job in Africa! You really gave Goering a lesson.