• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nuke em!
The Germans and the Russians are probably contemplating it too, so maybe after they go first, the US could also nuke the Japanese to demonstrate their nuclear capability?

@Karaiskandar: The game has slowed down quite a lot by now. It should speed up after Japan is gone, but I will probably have to purge some countries militaries to see if i can boost the speed some more. (seriously, some countries have ridiculously large armies. Would you believe that Ireland has about 80 divs? Dont forget Honduras and the United Provinces with about 30 and 70 divs each! Haiti and the Dominican republic also went nuts too.)

I see it's always a problem with late game armies.
You should use the difficulty-misc file to reduce the manpower growth (to represent that full mobilisation potential has been reached) and as you said purging those armies would be a good idea.

Concerning the Nuke, I truly think that the POTUS is right. We have to take account of the post war situation also.

No nukes. He does not need them against the Japanese who are on their last legs.

Hmm. Truman is in a dilemma. Waste lives on a costly invasion of Japan or use a catastrophically powerful weapon to not only force Japanese surrender, but show the Mitteleuropa alliance how powerful the USA is in the hope they will loosen their grip on Eastern Europe.

Sounds familiar.

It's not that probable that the US would use the bomb in hopes of loosening German control from Eastern Europe, as those states ( Lithuania, Poland etc.) are firmly dominated either by them or by the Russians. Perhaps the Middle-Eastern areas occupied by the Ottomans and the Russians would be susceptible to this, though?

Speaking of which, would it be possible to post a world-map of the current world situation after japan is taken out? It'd be interesting to see how things have turned out.
Also I've an idea for China, a Qing Empire in the north, and a Republican China in the South,with the Shanqing annexed into the Qing and the Yunnan warlords annexed into the Republic.

It'd be more fun to see the Americans attempt to launch a conventional invasion of Japan into the teeth of everything the Japanese can throw at them but it looks like nukes are going to be needed for any chance of success.

Quite possible indeed, the future hot spot of the Cold War.

Last edited:
Well here's a map of the current situation to the best of my knowledge. I got the basemap from alternatehistory.com and someone was kind enough to do one of the Kaiserreich scenario so I simply edited it to refelect this AAR's current situation.

Anyway as others have said, I think it would be interesting for there to be a democratic Republic of China in the south and a autocratic restored Qing dynasty in the north. Though if the game were to population figures then North China would be at a disadvantage since most of China's population today lives in the southern parts were the Americans are in the game. Either way this is shaping up to be one hell of a cold war.

Oh yes, Kaiser are you still going to do that Franco-Dutch union idea?

Attachments

• Kaiserreich In defense of freedom AAR.png
    Kaiserreich In defense of freedom AAR.png
    57,9 KB · Views: 602
I'm guessing that the initial landings will fail. The question will become if KM gets stubborn and keeps at landings until
one succeeds, or says "#*%@ it!" and nukes the Japanese.

@Onni_Manni: The Germans and the Russians have not completed their nuclear programs yet, so they do not have any bombs to use. I am actually very surprised that I won the nuclear arms race.

@Cohacq: The only delivery system I have is by bomber. I do not have the rocket technology to build ICBM's yet, something I am going to try to do once the war with Japan is over.

@History_Buff: I am afraid that might not be possible. The main Japanese island of Honshu has beaches stacked with at least 15 divisions each. Tokyo itself has a huge garrison as well. Add in the fact that most of the home islands are either mountain or urban, meaning that it will be one hell of a fight for the Japanese homeland.

@salidas16: that map is pretty accurate, I think the only thing wrong is that Nepal handed over its portions of Indian territory back to India in the late 1940's. Other than that, it is pretty much dead on.

Oh, and about the Franco-Dutch union idea: I have been milling it over and have come to the conclusion that merging all those groups together would probably not sit very well. I think I might just have Germany release the Dutch, and then give independence to an enlarged Kingdom of Belgium or something like that, which they can use as a buffer between Germany and the Allies in western Europe.

@everyone else: Thanks for the comments!

As American forces make their final preparations for Operation Downfall, the Russian government decides to expand the war in Asia, invading the Chinese cultist state of Shanqing Tainguo.
russiaandst.png

The US air force begins massive bombing attacks against Japanese forces in Northern Hokkaido, with the aim of disrupting their organization and communications. Also note that these Japanese troops appear to be commanded by an Australian! It seems that Japan has organized an Australasian division made up of exiles or something.
hokkaidobombardment.png

b17gformationonbombrun.jpg

January 7th, 1951. At last, the day has come. Under the watchful cover of US navy battleships, US marines and army units led by General Ridgeway storm the beaches of northern Hokkaido, facing fierce resistance by Japanese forces.
invasionofjapanjan71951.png

h42390.jpg

After three days of ferocious fighting, American forces finally secure the landing zones. The United States now has a foothold on Japanese home soil!
footholdinjapan.png

ww2139.jpg

US troops continue their advance, marching on the city of Sapporo, defended by approximately 100,000 Japanese troops. With no hope of retreat, the enemy forces fight to the bitter end rather than surrendering to US forces, with many Japanese troops being killed in action before the city falls to US troops. The island of Hokkaido, the weakest point in the Japanese defenses, is now under complete US control.
battleofsapporo.png

Now, the focus shifts to the south, to the island of Honshu, focus of the bulk of Japan's mainland defenses. The first wave of landing troops arrives near the coast off Osaka, a key strategic point that must be taken in the initial landings for there to be a quick end to the war. However, the Japanese have massed a huge number of troops to defend the city, with some estimates putting the number at about 15 or 18 divisions. Many American commanders doubt that even the heaviest air and naval support can break the enemy defenses and allow US troops to land without taking huge casualties.
invasionforceosaka.png

With American military and intelligence services predicting upwards of 50% casualties in a conventional assault on Osaka, President Truman decides to make a monumental decision: to deploy the Hydrogen bomb. A B-47 stratojet bomber of the 1st US airforce strategic bomber wing, based in Okinawa, is loaded with the weapon and ordered to take off for Osaka.
hbombloaded.png

b47eiv.jpg

Only several hours later, Osaka, and with it hundreds of thousands of Japanese soldiers and civilians, goes up in a flash of light and fire, as the Hydrogen bomb is dropped on the city, wiping it off the face of the earth. Stunned American sailors, soldiers, and marines off the coast watch in terrifying awe as a giant mushroom shaped cloud rises into the sky.
nuclearerabegins.png

The Atomic age has begun.
09hbomb.jpg

ooooooo prity colours

Last edited:
Well, someone needs to make our video games. Just dont let them make RPGs involving winey 12 year olds whoms genders are undefined. Plumbers who look like Stalin and green elf kids are preferable.