+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 65 ... LastLast

Thread: In defense of Freedom, a USA Kaiserreich AAR

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

This simply reveals that Iberian and Ibero-descended cultures are supieror to their Anglo bretheren.
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
    This simply reveals that Iberian and Ibero-descended cultures are supieror to their Anglo bretheren.
    Blasphemy.
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

Darkest HourHearts of Iron III

@CylonAndrew: Then I think you are gonna like this coming update....

@History_Buff: I favour landing further north. The terrain in southeast Asia is to crappy to advance quickly into China from there.

@Asalto: they do not, but they can be expected to fight fanatically even so.

@TemplarComander: Thanks.

@serutan: Well, I think I have given Mitteleuropa enough free reign by now. The time has come to start getting a little more strict with them, and that includes curbing there influence in Asia.

@Xesan: Well Brazil, Spain, and La Plata have been very active with things like amphibious assaults, but my other allies are contributing as well. Italy, Canada, and my Latin American allies have been funneling tons of divisions to India. South Africa's, France's, Canada's, and Britain's airforces have been very active in the fight against Japan as well. Even Mexico has been doing lots of bombing attacks on Japanese forces in southeast Asia.

@salidas16: They have rebuilt their industries and military forces long ago. In fact, they have both been getting a little out of hand with it. Britain for example has something like 40 armoured divisions, 20 HQ's, and 13 1938 level aircraft carriers. Keep in mind, that Britain has no military leaders. I think for them, i will delete their military forces and get them to build a more "reasonable" military, using military leaders from the old UoB's ranks.

@everyone else:thanks for the comments!

authaar's note: sorry for procrastinating a bit on this. I should probably stop letting this AAR slip to 2nd page. Anyway, here is an update to make up for all of it.

As the Russian army continues to roll south, the US government decides that the time has now come to begin operations in mainland Asia. The first target for US forces on the mainland: Korea. 150,000 US troops, including American tank formations, land at Inchon, and take the city of Seoul.

US forces then break out in all directions, quickly overrunning the entire peninsula and cornering 3 Japanese divisions along the Yalu river, with Russian forces to their right. The Japanese are quickly kicked out of Korea, and forced to retreat into Manchuria.

Back in the United States, the first full scale nuclear reactor is finally finished production, coming online near the city of Denver, all the way in Colorado.

July 28th, 1949. The Japanese allied Fengtien Republic surrenders unconditionally to the Russian government. Japan now has only 1 ally left: the government of Siam.

With Russian tanks and infantry continuing to drive south, the US joint chiefs decide to expand the Allied war effort into China itself. Thousands of battle hardened US troops are shipped to Formosa from Australia, in preparation for the next offensive.

Meanwhile, a huge army mobilization plan is implemented in the US, with hundreds of thousands of US soldiers beginning to mobilize in brand new infantry divisions, equipped with the best weapons and equipment currently available.

Finally, the day has come. 310,000 US troops begin landing operations at the port city of Shanghai, under the cover of US navy battleships. The Japanese garrison is quickly annihilated, and Shanghai falls to US forces.

Very quickly, US forces break out of the city and pour into the Chinese countryside. Moving south of the Yangtze river, American mechanized and regular infantry quickly shatter all resistance by Japanese garrison and anti-partisan forces. Throughout numerous towns, villages, and cities, such as Nanking, US soldiers are hailed as liberators after years of brutal occupation by the German AOG corporation and the Japanese military.

Meanwhile, disturbing reports begin to come in of massive Japanese troop buildups in the home islands. Japan seems to be mobilizing the last of its manpower reserves in preparation for its final stand against Allied and Mitteleuropan forces. It seems that the battle for the home islands could be the most brutal of the entire war...
    In Defense of Freedom, A US Kaiserreich AAR Complete. Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 15th, 2010
    Rebirth of the Japanese Empire, A Japan MDS 1.6 AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, February 5th, 2012
    The Return of The King: A Canadian KaiserReich DH AAR Complete, Awarded Darkest HeAARt Award, April 2014
    The Dual Monarchy at War A 1914 Austria-Hungary DH AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 9th, 2014
    Awarded WritAAR of the week: February 14th, 2010

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Ha, more brutal slaughters!
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

Dauphinois à la Noix Karaiskandar's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Ouch it won't be easy to land in Japan, the beaches are well garrisonned.
    I hope that you'll be able to liberate most of China before the Russians.
    The Chinese deserves true freedom!
    Awarded Fan of the Week 10. April 2010
    Awarded the Medal of Services or Knowledge towards the betterment of Canada

Have the Russians liberate Qing China and liberate Republican China yourself! (give the Republicans a new colour though, their default one is horrible)

And I'm very excited by the troop buildups in Japan - will you be forced to nuke the beach provinces to force a landing force through?

Proud owner of a Cookie for Services to Syndicalism and Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Interesting how quickly the Japanese have restored their home island defences even as they're falling apart elsewhere. With their empire gradually falling apart and the Russians rampaging through Manchuria even as the Japanese prepare for their last stand this war appears to be progressing somewhat similarly to the war in OTL. Now we just have to see if the ending will be similar.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Perhaps the Yellow River could serve as the border of the Entente- and Mittleuropa-controlled Chinas? What about the one province (Chongqyin) that the Russian managed to snatch in Korea?

I wonder if Germany will demand any of it's former Asian colonies back after the Pacific war is over?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3

Wow, looks like you're going through China like a hot knife through butter. Agree with Onni_Manni - you should try for a Yellow River border with Russia.

200k club

Nuke Hiroshima! Seriously, consider not landing on Honshu first, land at Fukuoka.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2

Update! I need more!!! D:

Awesome AAR! I just caught up! I've never been a huge fan of naval warfare, but you made it sound interesting. Wipe out Japanese forces then declare war on MittleEuropa.
    Sorry, I don't have time to talk about our AI atm, but I was not aware of there being an AI in Empire Total War.- Johan

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    No, no. Mittel Europa is eueren Freunde.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Nostalgia Bombs Researcher Asalto's Avatar
    Darkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler: Cold War500k club

Cinnabar Island Military Research Facility
    Altough Americans are in advance, Japanese still have strong foothold in China, and even stronger defense in home islands. Looks like American forces still have to go trough much fighting to defeat the Japanese Empire.
    Officer of the Royal and Imperial Order of the Sacred Pizza (awarded by Kurt Steiner)
    Weekly AAR Showcase Winner 29-3-2009 / 12-2-2012 / 2-3-2014; Fan of the Week 15-12-2013
    Heirs of Weltkrieg - Kaiserreich in 21st Century / It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century
    Sweet Home Manitoba - KR Canada in Modern Day / Wrangel's Empire
    ''Nothing is true, everything is permitted'' - Alamut

Guys....I don't want to sound like a noob but....

Is this game for real? Are games this random produced on every Hearts of Iron game or is this the result of some epic mods?

This AAR has been so awesome thus far, I'm creaming in my shorts. A 6 faction civil war? A entirely different WW2? A Japanese Empire that gets their ass kicked by the US?

What in the hell is going on here?
    Last edited by Revshawn; 13-05-2010 at 06:29.

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This game is played with the Kaiserreich mod, you can find it in the mod section of HoI2. It usually produces highly varying results from game to game.

It seems this is my first post in this AAR, although I've been reading it since the middle of the Civil War. I love the presentation style!

Darkest Hour

I just finished reading this AAR, and it's one of the best I've read. It's good to see someone play as the US in kaiserreich, instead of the CSA. Great job so far, looking forward to the next update.

Just read everything in a few days, great AAR! I'll be making a bookmark for this so I remember it when i come back home on sunday, to continue my reading.

Darkest HourHearts of Iron III

@everyone: I am too lazy right now to respond to any individual comments, so here is another update to make up for my procrastination.

A very large reinforcement package, including two brand new armoured corps, arrive in Shanghai, to allow US forces to continue their advance throughout southern China.

As the US navy scouts out the increasing amounts of Japanese mainland defenses, recon aircraft make a startling discovery. Japan, while fighting the Allied forces in the Pacific, was able to devote enough resources to funding its own nuclear weapons program. Unfortunately for the Japanese, it is too little, too late, since German strategic bombers operating out of Vladivostok have largely reduced the complex to a pile of rubble.

US mechanized forces continue to advance throughout southern China. Here, US troops lay siege to the city of Guangzhou, one of China's largest urban and industrial centres. The small Japanese garrison is easily wiped out, and the city is liberated.

US forces reach the border of the state of Yunnan along the Yangtze river, effectively cutting Japanese China in two. Japanese forces from the north organize a counterattack, but it is easily shattered by the heavy guns of brand new M26 tanks entrenched on the southern banks of the river.

Hong Kong is liberated by US forces.

As US forces approach the border between China and Japanese Vietnam, the are forced with numerous counterattacks. Here, an offensive by General Kuribayashi is easily blunted by American tanks fortified in the forests.

The Pacific war by January 1950. Nobody thought that the war would last this long, but even so, Japanese defeat is looming. Japanese forces have been reduced to pockets of resistance in New Guinea, Indochina, Siam, Malaya, and northern China, as US forces continue to advance and the Russian army continues to march south, now past the Yellow river. Meanwhile, Japanese forces continue to mobilize on the home islands, turning the Japanese homeland into a giant fortress.

With their supply lines in disarray and with the Russian army at their backs, Japanese forces in Northern China attempt another attack. Again, this attack proves futile, as waves of Japanese infantry are cut down by American machine guns, field artillery, and small arms, with the support of the heavy weapons of their armoured vehicles.

US and Russian forces finally link up in the territory between the Yellow and Yangtze rivers, while the small chinese state of Shangqinq Tianguo invades Japanese occupied territory.

In preparation for the final battle of Japan, US forces tighten their ring around the home islands. US marines land at Toyohara, in Sakhalin Island, home to a major Japanese airbase, which will be critical in the final battles of the war.
    In Defense of Freedom, A US Kaiserreich AAR Complete. Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 15th, 2010
    Rebirth of the Japanese Empire, A Japan MDS 1.6 AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, February 5th, 2012
    The Return of The King: A Canadian KaiserReich DH AAR Complete, Awarded Darkest HeAARt Award, April 2014
    The Dual Monarchy at War A 1914 Austria-Hungary DH AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 9th, 2014
    Awarded WritAAR of the week: February 14th, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 65 ... LastLast